Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

BenRGamer posted:

So, I decided to pick the game back up for DLC Pack 3. Heard about the new transformation, it sounds awesome. Except... you have to be 93?

I spent the day grinding up from 81 to 85. And now there's a million experience between me and 86.

Really?

Really?

Well maybe they were trying to be faithful to the show, ya know? It's like the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, or the Spirit Bomb against Frieza, or... any given fight involving saiyans, really. You want to unlock true ultimate power, you have to ball up your fists, twitch spasmodically, and scream for a few episodes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Backhand posted:

Well maybe they were trying to be faithful to the show, ya know? It's like the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, or the Spirit Bomb against Frieza, or... any given fight involving saiyans, really. You want to unlock true ultimate power, you have to ball up your fists, twitch spasmodically, and scream for a few episodes!

Or, in our case, use Blue Hurricane on Great Apes to get rid of their stamina, then grab their tales, over and over and over again.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao if you don't just outright kill the apes with a single blue hurricane anyway

where my Strike Super homies at

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Why isn't Demigra playable?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

-Fish- posted:

Why isn't Demigra playable?

Or even a way to fight him outside of story mode?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I really really want his block hole poison grab attack thing that he does (really i want moves that poison people)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

They need to release another DLC that contains just a bunch of moves for your CC that they never made available. Demigra's moves, Super God Fist, etc.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Is there any new version of the save editor out? Because the version I have (1.0.8.0) can't give you the last DLC mentors and I'm getting really loving sick of searching for Old Kai. He's the only mentor I lack and he's not appearing at all.

EDIT: I found him, and now I'm under him, but I have no idea what I'm meant to do. Do I just go into random PQs like usual? He says these prophecies, do they mean anything?

In any case, this is finally finished, cosplay as, and with, every master in Xenoverse! Took me a while.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 15, 2015

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

If he says you'll have good luck, you seem to get better drop rates on PQs. Have fun getting up to level 93!

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Emong posted:

If he says you'll have good luck, you seem to get better drop rates on PQs. Have fun getting up to level 93!

Also, when he unlocks your potential you also just gain a level, which is pretty sweet.

Captain Q
Nov 30, 2005

I CONJURE THIS INTREPID FANTASYSCAPE WITH TEARS BLED FROM THE WISDOM-WEARY EYES OF FIFTY THOUSAND IMAGINARY MAGICIANS
I bought this game in the steam sale.

I am punching a lot and having a lot of fun.

A++ game

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Is there anyone on the steam version that has the "I'm okay" z soul or point me to a good save editor? I've tried to grind for that thing about the whole steam sale and the RNG just refuses to let me have it.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 22, 2015

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Crabtree posted:

Is there anyone on the steam version that has the "I'm okay" z soul or point me to a good save editor? I've tried to grind for that thing about the whole steam sale and the RNG just refuses to let me have it.

Did you buy the DLC while it was on sale? The elder kai can give you a guaranteed drop of whatever you're looking for.

I bought the game a while ago on PS4 and I was still considering picking up the combo deal on Steam! I have yet to buy the DLC on PS4.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I just picked this up on Steam Sale and grabbed all the DLC and the Season Pass.

My first character is a Namekian named Theremin.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Did you buy the DLC while it was on sale? The elder kai can give you a guaranteed drop of whatever you're looking for.

I bought the game a while ago on PS4 and I was still considering picking up the combo deal on Steam! I have yet to buy the DLC on PS4.

The DLC went on sale for PC? Yeah I have the whole thing. Now how do I use Elder Kai to finally finish off Gohan's mentorship?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Crabtree posted:

The DLC went on sale for PC? Yeah I have the whole thing. Now how do I use Elder Kai to finally finish off Gohan's mentorship?

loving annoying dude, but it goes over what to do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHlQKZM_rDE

From description:
1) Go to Elder Kai, talk to him until he offers to read your fortune
2) If he says you're about to get very lucky, go pick any parallel quest where you want items/attacks
3) complete the mission and dance!

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Is there any way to make the keyboard controls not feel clunky or am I just bad?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Is there any way to make the keyboard controls not feel clunky or am I just bad?

by plugging in a controller

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Madmarker posted:

by plugging in a controller

Probably should have tried that first, shouldn't I?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
A friend of mine picked this up on the summer sale, and I guess I'll be playing with him off and on for a while. I never bothered with the GT DLC's, but is the third one worth it on it's own? I kinda want to mess around with the Revival F stuff

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

THE loving MOON posted:

A friend of mine picked this up on the summer sale, and I guess I'll be playing with him off and on for a while. I never bothered with the GT DLC's, but is the third one worth it on it's own? I kinda want to mess around with the Revival F stuff

Third DLC had the laziest PQ's yet

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I bought this during the Steam summer sale and have made my ideal Goku.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i feel like i'm building my character wrong. is there an item that lets you respec?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

i feel like i'm building my character wrong. is there an item that lets you respec?

7 dragonballs, the wish is I want a second chance at life

Captain Q
Nov 30, 2005

I CONJURE THIS INTREPID FANTASYSCAPE WITH TEARS BLED FROM THE WISDOM-WEARY EYES OF FIFTY THOUSAND IMAGINARY MAGICIANS

Real hurthling! posted:

What did you spec into? Most builds aren't terrible, as long as you put a lot of points into whatever you use most and kind of boost the rest marginally you'll be fine, just remember to actually get good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Q posted:

What did you spec into? Most builds aren't terrible, as long as you put a lot of points into whatever you use most and kind of boost the rest marginally you'll be fine, just remember to actually get good.

regular/special attacks mostly. i feel like i don't have enough hp to survive some of the longer time patrol missions

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

are you a frieza dude because they are the tits at normals. it was the first stat I boosted to 100

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Babe Magnet posted:

are you a frieza dude because they are the tits at normals. it was the first stat I boosted to 100

yeah i'm a freiza clan

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Real hurthling! posted:

regular/special attacks mostly. i feel like i don't have enough hp to survive some of the longer time patrol missions

The solution is to stockpile healing items. There is no shame in spamming them if you're in trouble. The real issue is going to be your allies dying on you at the worst times.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah i'm a freiza clan

hello cold friend

also the game doesn't even penalize you for using items, I don't think. In fact it kind of rewards you. Pop a full heal right before you finish and it'll count it as you being at full health in the score screen

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Freezermans are very fast. Big muscle ones are slower but have more hp, lil babby freezers and extra speedy. They have medium damage with everything, a stun blast, an extremely easy infinite loop, and generally rule.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cuchulain posted:

Freezermans are very fast. Big muscle ones are slower but have more hp, lil babby freezers and extra speedy. They have medium damage with everything, a stun blast, an extremely easy infinite loop, and generally rule.

yeah i just regular attack combo up enough yellow bar to do the meteor attack for 12 hits, flash behind the guy and repeat. if they get away i kamahamaha them. I always forget about the ultimate double trigger attacks so i haven't leveled that stat up much.

i try to use a lot of items but i have essentially base HP stat so some big attacks just take most of my bar off. Frieza big explosion move when goku is charging up his spirit bomb keeps hitting me too. I try to run away but i think i'm not managing my stamina correctly or doing something wrong because when i pull the trigger my character's fast flight doesn't trigger for several seconds just when i need it. Maybe i should replace my power up move with instant rise for that fight?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Another good Zsoul for Freezer's is I can't get Serious. Which you get from Android 18's sparring quest. It locks you out of all abilities, including evasion abilities, until you are down to 25% health, then you can use them without limit.

So a good build for that has like 100 health, 100 basic attack and 100 ki blast. And you definitely want Tyrant Lancer on the build, since Tyrant Lancer's damage goes WAY THE gently caress up when your low on health.

Captain Q
Nov 30, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Hahaha I have the same problem occasionally. I have been solving it by grinding Z Ranks on easy PQs for money and levels, and then buying shitloads of healing items.

Sometimes the only way to win is to get real fuckin cheap, cause the AI definitely has no qualms about pulling ludicrously cheap poo poo on you all the time.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Madmarker posted:

So a good build for that has like 100 health, 100 basic attack and 100 ki blast. And you definitely want Tyrant Lancer on the build, since Tyrant Lancer's damage goes WAY THE gently caress up when your low on health.

I had no idea it's damage scaled with how low your hp is, I've just been using it because it looks cool and using it after afterimage strike is just too slick

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

THE loving MOON posted:

I had no idea it's damage scaled with how low your hp is, I've just been using it because it looks cool and using it after afterimage strike is just too slick

It doesn't scale, it just gets a huge boost once your low. Its a discrete power boost, not a sliding scale.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Well it turns out my connection/machine cannot handle online quests. Even when stable it drops me if there's a second transition/cutscene and I don't know how to remedy that.

On the plus side I finished Vegeta's training and have Super Sayain, so Final Flashes all day every day.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So this game is way more fun than it has right to be, but I've suddenly started having a lot of trouble starting with the Cell Saga's parallel quests. I thought at first this might have just been difficulties in dealing with the fact the game was now making me fight multiple Super Saiyans, but then 17 and 18 were kicking my rear end too. Is this a point where the game starts expecting you to use items, or is my shittiness just catching up with me?

Since it's related, and I'm also having trouble with it, I feel like my build could be a LOT better. I think I made the mistake of spreading myself out too far early on, so my stats look like this at level 34, playing a female human:

Health: 18
Ki: 16
Stamina: 16
Basic attacks: 16
Strike supers: 4
Ki supers: 29

My outfit's the full Ultimate Turtle Hermit set, an my Z-Soul is 'Feel the wrath of a Namekian' (health regen at full ki, damage reduction at full stamina). My plan is generally to charge in to dish out some early melee damage, then back off and focus on specials for the last leg of things (mainly Destructo Disk as a super and Explosive Barrage as an ultimate, since I can reliably hit with them) but that plan seems to be faltering lately. I know I can respec with the Dragon Balls, but so far I've only got one so even if I will go for a respec I'll need a band-aid solution.

Is there anything I could do in terms of stats and/or equipment, or even just playstyle? Perhaps other specials I can try out? I couldn't hit anything with Scatter Kamehameha, was underwhelmed by Weekend, and as I went through the game Kamehameha seemed to hit far less often and for far less impact, so they've all been retired.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Using items can definitely help, and is expected.

As for specials and supers, I took on Piccolo as a mentor first, and his Makkankosappo....er, gently caress it, Special Beam Canon was god drat amazing and laying down the hurt on fools.

If anything, grinding a few levels wouldn't hurt, but I found as a Saiyan that I put too much stock in going SSJ and spamming ultimate attacks. At this point I would recommend putting more into Atk and Special supers. But focusing on ONE instead of spreading thin. You're only level 34, so you didn't really break anything as of yet spreading out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
The moment you start fighting super saiyans the game has stopped fighting fair. Notably just because the game could decide at any point that it just feels like using Ultimates forever now. I will say the androids are also fairly tough originally though the nerf to their ultimate that made it less powerful for players has made it a lot easier to get in punching range of them now without getting chain shocked. Use items, and take advantage of invulnerability frames or attacks that you can use fairly safely(Bomber is a good one. Special Beam Cannon obliterates hp if you are beam focused, and it will hit through terrain if you get lucky enough to hit them at a range where that's actually viable.). Since you are on the cell saga missions its probably not a option but I highly suggest Perfect Kamehameha(Learned from Cell), especially with his z-soul that makes you just plain invulnerable while using it.

• Locked thread