Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

That's cool as long as you have the self awareness to realize why literally no one else feels bad for you over it.

I'm just :smith: because I have to play either mch or bard in raids and both kinda suck now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

That's cool as long as you have the self awareness to realize why literally no one else feels bad for you over it.

I just want my fun class back, I don't particularly care about the insecurities and complexes of other players

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

abraham linksys posted:

Is there a trick to scaling the UI of this game beyond the "default size" thing on the configuration? That only seems to affect HUD items and not things like inventory windows or the ludicrously tiny text tooltips.

If not, I guess I'm doomed to playing this game in 720p on my 1080p TV :smith:

have the cursor pointing in the window and push r3 to change its zoom

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
There's a bunch of stuff that still seems to be super tiny when I do that: the controller main menu, the pop-over map (including text labels, which are nigh-invisible), the chat log... any way to resize that stuff?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Being that spiteful about this is really fuckin weird, dude. That reddit post points out a bunch of bugged or straight up poorly designed aspects of what bards are like now, if other classes have been dealing with this the whole time then I'm sorry I guess but I'd much rather see it get fixed for them than bards dragged down to that level.

The idea behind Wanderer's Minuet is fine, the implementation is absolutely not

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

abraham linksys posted:

There's a bunch of stuff that still seems to be super tiny when I do that: the controller main menu, the pop-over map (including text labels, which are nigh-invisible), the chat log... any way to resize that stuff?

Have you tried pushing it while in the hud editing menu where you can reposition everything?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

Have you tried pushing it while in the hud editing menu where you can reposition everything?

Those elements I mentioned aren't in the hud editing menu. I did find separate settings for map label size (though it's still basically unreadable because it's so poorly-scaled) and chat text size.

Cutscene dialogue is also literally unreadable on my TV in 1080p, and according to Google this is literally impossible to configure.

Maybe I'll try like 1600x900 or some other weirdo 16:9 resolution... would just like a tiny bit more room than I have on 720p without anything becoming illegible :smith:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

The chat log you have to change the font size, the other items I don't believe I've found a solution for

There's an option on the main menu to default the HUD to be bigger but it didn't seem to do anything after I set it to 140% (I play at 1440p so having everything big is nice) so I'm guessing it only works with new characters or if you do a total UI reset :smith:

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
I think the main issue is the text bubble that comes up during cutscenes along with random npc chat bubbles that pop up. As far as i am aware there is no way to increase the size on these which means i either have to sit fairly closer to the screen than i like or run at a lower resolution.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Game continues to be super loving gorgeous and the music as always owns.

Ciaphas posted:

I only just noticed that it buffs Dark Dance. Oops :downs:. 30% evasion sounds like a pretty loving good tank cooldown to me, assuming it's additive to your base evasion rate.

DRK threat is odd. It seems at times that others cannot possibly catch up to my threat levels so I can freely DA Souleater and ignore Power Slash entirely, other times the DPS manage to sneak up on me threat-wise while I'm too low on MP to bullet back ahead.

It seems like screwing up as DRK gets them hosed a lot harder than the other two tanks. Run out of MP and Darkside drops, some of your biggest threat tools are unavailable and whoops that add just peeled off but you can't get it back and regen mana at the same time because not enough's attacking you for pact to regen your MP and :suicide:

Yeah it's nice for dungeon stuff. I'm kind of wondering how threats going to be at 60 but as of right now a couple Dark Arts'd Power Slashes handle the job for the most part. Right now having the mana for future things isn't too hard once you've got a good threat lead because gently caress it, spam the combo for mana. Unless something happens that makes you blow all that mana. :v:

The whole mana thing feels super uneven right now.

dreffen fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 22, 2015

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

Trying to connect to Aether datacenter, keeps throwing a 2002 error whenever I try to connect. It then exits out of the game completely.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

screenshot worthy :colbert:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

biopanda posted:

Trying to connect to Aether datacenter, keeps throwing a 2002 error whenever I try to connect. It then exits out of the game completely.

Switch to a JP datacenter and switch back. Keep trying.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

full pie drk new meta

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

dreffen posted:

full pie drk new meta

woop

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The final trial for the Heavensward story is amazing.

I'll share the only advice I was given when I queued in to it: remember to look around the arena every once in a while as you fight, just to observe the scenery changes.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
someone on the localization team is a LotGH fan?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Kuvo posted:

someone on the localization team is a LotGH fan?

I think it's actually originally from Julius Caesar, but yeah my first thought was LotGH.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
installed but gently caress man..

its been a while so i forgot my password, and i removed security token app but its still in effect

so like, I cant recover my password because of security token, and i cant add in security token because i need my ID and password.

:shepface: catch-22'd

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lastgirl posted:

its been a while so i forgot my password, and i removed security token app but its still in effect

so like, I cant recover my password because of security token, and i cant add in security token because i need my ID and password.

Write the account name down with some kind of statement only you would understand describing the password. Keep that poo poo in some dark corner of your hard drives next to your hentai anime.

Don't know how the security token thing works in this game, but if its like wow and swtor keep that serial number they give you written down also.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

Support should be able to help you

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

For the next 34 minutes. And they've been averaging a 90minute wait all day.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
ty friends

yea I'm on chat and I'm like number 9 on the queue. probably not gonna make it :'c

i remember my account email, since I was able to get the e-mail, its the password barrier. Security token is something they mail you, a physical keyring with digital numbers and poo poo. Software token is the same thing but for smartphones. You have to link it to your account so when it's active, you have a small window frame to type in the code. So like, I can reset my password but I need the software token to do it. However to get into the software token on my smartphone, I have to log in with my current ID and password, so yea...dumb as hell.

I'm definitely going to do that Tenzarin, man account set up/recovery with Square Enix is like pulling your teeth out.

edit: number 5, i mite make it. ty for reading my blong have a bless day :wave:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

This exact same thing happened to me and I just went ahead and bought the game again (on Steam, this time) since it's basically $5 when you factor in the free month it comes with

However assuming you want access to your existing characters and/or to not waste $5, you should probably go straight to phone support. I submitted a ticket and they took three days to get back to me with an automated message saying "you need to call us," so you might as well skip that time and go right to being on hold

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

This exact same thing happened to me and I just went ahead and bought the game again (on Steam, this time) since it's basically $5 when you factor in the free month it comes with

However assuming you want access to your existing characters and/or to not waste $5, you should probably go straight to phone support. I submitted a ticket and they took three days to get back to me with an automated message saying "you need to call us," so you might as well skip that time and go right to being on hold

They should be able to do all that in chat.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

abraham linksys posted:

yea, this is actually my second account because of steam. It was on sale iirc at the time, ninja was the hype.

number 3 on queue, cant wait to put on hold some more.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Holy poo poo this Science Hour with Minfilia and Urianger cutscene :psyduck:

I hope Heavensward's story content is as good as this patch stuff has been

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

abraham linksys posted:

Holy poo poo this Science Hour with Minfilia and Urianger cutscene :psyduck:

I hope Heavensward's story content is as good as this patch stuff has been

It's far better actually.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Red Red Blue posted:

Being that spiteful about this is really fuckin weird, dude. That reddit post points out a bunch of bugged or straight up poorly designed aspects of what bards are like now, if other classes have been dealing with this the whole time then I'm sorry I guess but I'd much rather see it get fixed for them than bards dragged down to that level.

The idea behind Wanderer's Minuet is fine, the implementation is absolutely not

It's not spite, it's a complete lack of sympathy. I see one actual bug with WM, which does suck but will hopefully get fixed soon, and it seems rare enough that it shouldn't be a huge issue. Everything else is either from the across the board AOE nerfs or things the rest of us have been using this entire time, and the fact that you don't even know what the basic game's mechanics are for people who aren't the master class is kind of depressing, and most likely the reason they changed bard the way they did.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Was 1 in queue and then boom~

Waited like two hours. Thanks Square :^)

gently caress it i might as well just make a new account, should work with my client.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

Was 1 in queue and then boom~

Waited like two hours. Thanks Square :^)

gently caress it i might as well just make a new account, should work with my client.

I had the same thing happen to me earlier today. Went back in queue and eventually got my steam key at least.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

hobbesmaster posted:

I had the same thing happen to me earlier today. Went back in queue and eventually got my steam key at least.

oh, the steam key is linked to the client and account right? Fugg.

Well its closed for the day, I'll try again tomorrow, yikes.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Can I get a small summary of how the following things are:

BLM
SCH
SMN
AST
DRK
MCH
Crafting (if you're at 2~3 star)
Having something to do when not running dungeons/raids

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

Finally got in, Keeper of the Lake HLDR, last boss about to die and client crashes

Now I can't get in...

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

E-peen number DPS job. Mastery involves less so finesse of your rotation but understanding of positioning, maximizing movement in the little time you have to move, and realising that you have the tools at your disposal to just sit there and take every AoE to the face. You are a turret. Moving means you're not being a turret, and is thus significantly less DPS. Stop moving.

e; If you meant for Heavensward, primarily the same, except a bit faster paced with Leylines (increased spell speed). New buff isn't as terrifying to juggle as it may sound. Still flashy fun turret.

Jack of Healing. Tarot cards and palm readings offer superb group utility. Can be pseudo-WHM "regen" stance or pseudo-SCH "shield" stance, but can only choose one stance per battle, and is significantly less effective than the parent class style. Fairly good burst healing, great mobile healing.

a cat on an apple fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 23, 2015

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Obscurity posted:

Can I get a small summary of how the following things are:

BLM
SCH
SMN
AST
DRK
MCH
Crafting (if you're at 2~3 star)
Having something to do when not running dungeons/raids

Guessing you mean Heavensward specific. Here's the ones I can comment on.

BLM - AOE nerfed a bit (Flare loses 10% potency on each hit after the first, capped at 50%), single target dps up even higher at the cost of a slightly more complex rotation, giving you even more reasons to never move. Unfortunately, Manawall got nerfed so you can't just shut out certain mechanics.

SMN - new kings of AOE. Bane no longer has a target limit, targets beyond the original three get half-strength dots. Painflare is a 200 potency AOE that uses an aetherflow stack, 10sec cooldown. Enkindle's got a shorter cooldown. New Tridisaster is a convenience button that inflicts all of the standard DOTs at once, letting you get more out of your buff cooldowns. Dreadwyrm Trance and Deathflare should up damage all around, but I haven't unlocked them yet.

Stuff to do: Haven't seen anything noteworthy that wasn't already in 2.X. Daily hunt marks are actually worth it now in HW content if you need the XP.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Didn't change that much. Selene now has an AoE status cleanse (!!!) making her even more the de facto fairy to have in 90% of content, on Sic because you are lazy. Her buffs got condensed into one buff. Indomitability is basically AoE physick that uses an aetherflow stack, it is useful and good. Broil is good. Everything else is pretty meh, you can sacrifice your fairy to buff yourself, spread E4E and shields, and temporarily turn adlo/succor into cure II/medica. Overall, not radically different.

quote:

AST
WHM with cards. It plays almost identically to WHM, except the heal numbers are smaller (almost too small, you need to heal a lot to keep up) and you get some crazy-go-nuts bonkers buffs to cast on people. Everything I've heard says it's pretty good in diurnal (WHM) stance and hot garbage in nocturnal (SCH) stance. DPS potential is lowest of all healers, but can buff party DPS waaaaay more, so it evens out.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
This game looks really nice and everything but now and then you see some really questionable fashion sense. Like Yda those pants are really terrible! Then you do a quest and get this as a reward.

This is a silly hat, who made such a silly hat. There are even ear pockets for your ears.

So far the class quests have been quite enjoyable. I'm really liking the arcanist guild, especially with all the quirky people in it. The guildmaster sending you around to dance at boxes and other people. I haven't tried any other classes yet though so I'll have to see how they end up like.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
As a DPS it just feels really nice to suddenly get an astrologian card thrown on you. It makes you thankful in a way healing doesn't if that makes any sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Velveteen posted:

This game looks really nice and everything but now and then you see some really questionable fashion sense. Like Yda those pants are really terrible! Then you do a quest and get this as a reward.

This is a silly hat, who made such a silly hat. There are even ear pockets for your ears.

So far the class quests have been quite enjoyable. I'm really liking the arcanist guild, especially with all the quirky people in it. The guildmaster sending you around to dance at boxes and other people. I haven't tried any other classes yet though so I'll have to see how they end up like.

Its a dunce cap and you fell into the trap.

I think Minfilia has the stupidest outfit in the game.

• Locked thread