Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Waffleman_ posted:

Like, it's 16:9, so I'm assuming it's HD, but....why is it so lovely? Unless they're pan and scanning it.

This round of episodes were made in 16:9, upscaled from 480p to HD resolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

According to Dave Willis this season of ATHF wasn't originally supposed to be the last season, they only found out partway through working on it. Which, yes, means that it was actually canceled by Adult Swim.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wait, hold on.

WickedHate posted:

I don't know if I'm gonna like the new show or not, since it spent the whole episode on the fairy tale evil step family. My friend insists it's a really, really good show, so I'm gonna stick with it for now. They also say the dub is terrible, but I really don't see anything wrong with it.

Something I realized yesterday was that Steven Universe would be a great show on Toonami, or at least it would have been back when Toonami's tone was lighter. Something that would fit in flawlessly now though is Kino's Journey. Too bad localization for that series pretty much stalled out after the show.

lol

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Waffleman_ posted:

The last like hour of Jurassic World is like the last quarter of Gurren Lagann with dinosaurs.

i just got back from seeing that poo poo, and the moment i realized what was gonna go down in the climax i started mumbling the lyrics to "Rap is a Man's Soul" under my breath

it was like:

"We need more teeth!"

do the impossible

see the invisible

ROW ROW

FIGHT THE POWAH

that movie is like the hypest poo poo in the world

also:

WickedHate posted:

I don't know if I'm gonna like the new show or not, since it spent the whole episode on the fairy tale evil step family. My friend insists it's a really, really good show, so I'm gonna stick with it for now. They also say the dub is terrible, but I really don't see anything wrong with it.

Something I realized yesterday was that Steven Universe would be a great show on Toonami, or at least it would have been back when Toonami's tone was lighter. Something that would fit in flawlessly now though is Kino's Journey. Too bad localization for that series pretty much stalled out after the show.

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 22, 2015

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

muscles like this? posted:

According to Dave Willis this season of ATHF wasn't originally supposed to be the last season, they only found out partway through working on it. Which, yes, means that it was actually canceled by Adult Swim.

This kinda shoots down my theory that each episode is gonna feature one of the recurring badguys from the series, culminating in a finale where they take on Dr. Weird one last time. Which would've been cool.

I still can't believe they canceled ATHF for good. That's some bullshit.

If I find out that it got canceled because the Boston episode got leaked, I'm gonna be really really mad.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
The Toonami schedule is completely blank for the weekend of July 4th, and there doesn't seem to be anything remotely resembling a hint of what they're planning.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

livingfruitvirus posted:

The Toonami schedule is completely blank for the weekend of July 4th, and there doesn't seem to be anything remotely resembling a hint of what they're planning.

Obviously they're going to play some good old-fashioned American cartoons like Looney Tunes or Popeye instead of this satanic Japanime.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

livingfruitvirus posted:

It's just this on repeat:
http://youtu.be/xfJuJrqFhXM

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sword Art Online marathon :getin:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Waffleman_ posted:

You shut your loving mouth.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

what in God's holy name

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

YEAH

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

hey, that dude is Gary from Your Pretty Face

and i'm pretty sure Abe Lincoln Jerky Cat is actually Mr. Meeseeks

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is...this supposed to be some sort of SpongeBob Movie parody? I literally have no idea what's going on here.

e- It's going to be a lot easier to see ATHF go if it's a season full of this poo poo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Toonami put this on their Tumblr and it's p. great if a little bit :regd08:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKyHObfmP6k

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I survived Boost Mobile. I suffered through Dickesode.

That was the worst ATHF episode I've seen and it's not even close.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

so tonight's winning numbers ARE:

bolt, acorn, pine cone, pine straw, hog testicle, shell casing, shell casing, eyeball, and finally, squirrel skull with partial brain matter still inside

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Argus Zant posted:

and i'm pretty sure Abe Lincoln Jerky Cat is actually Mr. Meeseeks

And Morty. His voice was pretty recognizable as Morty's voice.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Honestly that was better then most recent ATHF eps. Not that that is saying much but still..

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

CBJSprague24 posted:

It was out of this world!

Argus Zant posted:

bolt, acorn, pine cone, pine straw, hog testicle, shell casing, shell casing, eyeball, and finally, squirrel skull with partial brain matter still inside

Yeah I didn't get a single match either.

Argus Zant posted:

hey, that dude is Gary from Your Pretty Face

Speak of the devil, it's on now.

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.
That was actually worse than the live action episode, which also had no jokes but at least had carl AND carl impersonator in it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ceramics posted:

Honestly that was better then most recent ATHF eps. Not that that is saying much but still..

I stopped buying the DVDs after Volume 4 (though I'm considering buying 5 used for the second SGC2C/ATHF crossover). There have been a handful of good episodes since then, but many of them haven't been memorable.

Argus Zant posted:

I ain't won jacksquattery from the lottery...

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Why did ATHF get cancelled, exactly? Has AS told anyone their reason(s) yet?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wow now I'm super mad that I missed this.

(Also Dickesode ruled?)

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Why did ATHF get cancelled, exactly? Has AS told anyone their reason(s) yet?

I'd be surprised if the creators didn't just want to end it. It's been 13 seasons and 15(?) years. Ending now wouldn't change anything

TwoPair posted:

Wow now I'm super mad that I missed this.

(Also Dickesode ruled?)

Stop dicking around

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Postal Parcel posted:

I'd be surprised if the creators didn't just want to end it. It's been 13 seasons and 15(?) years. Ending now wouldn't change anything

If the network sprung it on them as a surprise, I doubt it. More likely it's just not pulling in the ratings it used to.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm genuinely curious as to what the rest of this season's going to look like. Was that a one-off to get people talking or are they going to do weird crap to play out the stretch?

And is anyone else slightly wondering if they've had this final season buildup only to say "Nah, not really. That was the last season of ATHF Forever. See you in 2016." at the end of the season? I know there were a couple "Cancelled"-type commercials/clips (Commercial where they "killed off the characters", Moving van) in the past which weren't serious. They've done strange stuff before; wasn't the announcement that The Brak Show had been cancelled built into the final seconds of what ended up being the final episode?

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

I thought it was fun, not great.

BUT

Was that Andy Daly I heard doing the voice of the robot puppet? Because if so, that made me the happiest out of anything in the episode.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm genuinely curious as to what the rest of this season's going to look like. Was that a one-off to get people talking or are they going to do weird crap to play out the stretch?

And is anyone else slightly wondering if they've had this final season buildup only to say "Nah, not really. That was the last season of ATHF Forever. See you in 2016." at the end of the season? I know there were a couple "Cancelled"-type commercials/clips (Commercial where they "killed off the characters", Moving van) in the past which weren't serious. They've done strange stuff before; wasn't the announcement that The Brak Show had been cancelled built into the final seconds of what ended up being the final episode?

Well, it's not like shows haven't talked about their cancellation during a normal season or even on the final episode. Aside from Brak, Strangers with Candy did it and American Dad mentioned how they would no longer be on Fox. I wouldn't be surprised, but I'm going with the assumption that this is the end.

Also, regarding the episode, the Live episode and Episode 100 were both one-offs that had a wildly different feel from normal ATHF(though 100 still was similar in a way). I'd say, don't expect the rest to be animated or structured like that.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

I like the boost mobile (possibly only for how hilarious boost's branding sprawl was at the time) and the live episode, wouldn't put them anywhere near the worst even if they were the biggest outliers. Last night's only joke that landed with me was the mech suit that wouldn't stop building up, since it felt like a live action rendition of their typical gags. I'd have to suffer through it a few more times at 2 AM before calling it the worst, though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm surprised they're doing another season of YPFIGTH.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

That show...
There's ineptness like Michael Scott, which can be rather endearing because the character himself has some likeability. Then there's just plain annoyingly dumb that isn't alleviated by the character because he's awful.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Breakfast All Day posted:

I like the boost mobile (possibly only for how hilarious boost's branding sprawl was at the time) and the live episode, wouldn't put them anywhere near the worst even if they were the biggest outliers. Last night's only joke that landed with me was the mech suit that wouldn't stop building up, since it felt like a live action rendition of their typical gags. I'd have to suffer through it a few more times at 2 AM before calling it the worst, though.
Same here. Usually ATHF is vaguely amusing enough to get a couple chuckles out of me, but other than the mech suit thing the episode was pretty boring to me.

Michiko and Hatchin looks amazing (although the evil rear end in a top hat family went on a bit too long) and I'm super excited to see it.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

I would take ten seasons of YPFIGTH over one more frame of Mr. Pickles.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I would take ten seasons of YPFIGTH over one more frame of Mr. Pickles.

I want to emptyquote this forever. Whoever is watching Mr. Pickles is a pox upon the earth.

Boost Mobile was essentially the ATHF version of the Scion TC episode of Frisky Dingo.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

TwoPair posted:

Boost Mobile was essentially the ATHF version of the Scion TC episode of Frisky Dingo.

Except that the Scion TC episode was better. Frisky Dingo in general was better than any Aqua Teen past season 4 or so.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You guys aren't so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

You guys aren't so bad.

Oh my god this guy can't be real

"The Aniplex Power Hour"

• Locked thread