Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

Josh Lyman posted:

And they said obesity isn't genetic.

The Huckabee Clan is the human version of a Sam's Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Huh, so Hillary & Biden are the only ones who more voters could see supporting (Bernie too but a lot of people didn't recognize him in the earlier poll). Meanwhile, every Republican candidate except Rand has their potential support go up. :getin:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
71% of voters do not know who bernie sanders is or are totally neutral towards him which is at least not condemning if you like him idk

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I know I've seen that look on Huck's face before

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

pfizerman posted:

The Huckabee Clan is the human version of a Sam's Club

I just died in your arms tonight

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Let's all take the time to remember this quote from days ago.

"I don't think we should politicize our faith." Jeb Bush
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/20150618_ap_0e3328ffd65c459794caacdf12a6938b.html?c=r

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I just died in your arms tonight

Is This Love
Or are these Broken Wings

Lol: Or do you want to party all the time with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDbpzjbXUZI

Dammit, why did you have to make me do this.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 23, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Well the long wait is finally over. Lincoln Chafee doesn't believe the Confederate flag should be flown on state property. At last: the answer we were waiting for.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joementum posted:

Well the long wait is finally over. Lincoln Chafee doesn't believe the Confederate flag should be flown on state property. At last: the answer we were waiting for.

Who?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Former Republican Senator from RI who defected from the GOP soon after the invasion of Iraq. He voted against authorization. He then became an independent governor of Rhode Island where he became embroiled in a blood feud with Curt "Evolution is not Real" Schilling because Schilling swindled Chafee's predecessor and the state legislature into giving him millions and millions of dollars to make a competitor to World of Warcraft.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

The best candidate:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
:thejoke:
I know who Lincoln Caffe is, almost no one else does. He makes Bernie Sanders Martin O'Malley look like Hillary Clinton in terms of name recognition

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Also running: Jill Stein

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

quote:

DR. JILL STEIN: I wish that he had run outside the Democratic Party. There are many similarities, obviously, between his vision and my vision. The difference is that I’m running in a party that also supports that vision, so when our campaign comes to an end, that vision will not die. It will not be absorbed back into a party that is essentially hostile to that vision and which has basically disappeared similar very principled, wonderful reform efforts within the Democratic Party that have basically allowed the party to keep marching to the right.

And how many House Reps and Senators will that party have, Dr. Stein? :nallears:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

yaaay :geno:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.wafb.com/story/29366301/ibm-cancels-ribbon-cutting-because-of-gov-jindals-executive-order

quote:

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - IBM has cancelled Monday's ribbon-cutting for its new National Service Center in Baton Rouge because of Governor Bobby Jindal's executive order.
The event on June 22 had been reserved for months, according to several city leaders, including Davis Rhorer, executive director of the Downtown Development District.

The technology giant IBM voiced "strong opposition" to Louisiana's so-called religious freedom legislation as far back as mid-April.

In a letter to the governor, IBM executives said the legislation cut at the very heart of what their company stands for, equal rights and opportunity for everyone, discrimination for no one. The letter implored Jindal not to support any agenda that protected discrimination against LGBT people.

Other companies followed suit, triggering a number of similar statements, but IBM, the major player local and state leaders fought so desperately to bring to Baton Rouge, was not amused by Jindal's handling of any of the matter or his response by letter to them.

So does this give Jindal more cred in the primaries? Maybe he'll start polling about 5% someday!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Absurd Alhazred posted:

And how many House Reps and Senators will that party have, Dr. Stein? :nallears:

Hey man, they've got like one town clerk and some library board trustees.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

http://www.wafb.com/story/29366301/ibm-cancels-ribbon-cutting-because-of-gov-jindals-executive-order

So does this give Jindal more cred in the primaries? Maybe he'll start polling about 5% someday!

No one gives a poo poo about Jindal, if they liked his brand of conservatism they're probably already planning on voting for Santorum or Huckabee, the Indian thing only plays well with people who would never support his politics

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
He'a better more beloved on K street than in Baton Rouge.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

What about Hewlette Pa...oh

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Isn't Jindal just kind of a token guy anyway? He always struck me as a true believer that mostly was kept around by the rest of the party so they could talk about how Not Racist they are.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

That man's head.

What is wrong with that man's head.

There's more head than body what is going on

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

That man's head.

What is wrong with that man's head.

There's more head than body what is going on

Looks like someone entered the Big head mode code in NBA JAM

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

That dog has seen some poo poo

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
The phrase "hastily put together" comes to mind when looking at that photo.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

a shameful boehner posted:

A noose and another dog

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

And the award for least photogenic family in American politics goes to.....

Just kidding, it's still the Huckabees.

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

a shameful boehner posted:

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Kind of reminds me of

It's a Christmas card a mayor sent out to his constituents. The subtitle says "May this Christmas illuminate your dreams."

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Sir Tonk posted:

Proof that this is an incredible primary is that polling 5% is actually pretty okay. Like, if you're getting a solid 5% in the polls you're in with a shot and should ride on to at least the first debate. You can get five out of any hundred people to vote for anything, even Trump for President, and that's where the bar for entry is set.

If the Republicans don't win this next election, I have to wonder if 2020 will bring out the same old clown car with a few old-timers dropping off and a few new faces joining the mix. The party just doesn't seem to have any obvious stars waiting in the wings or up-and-comers with a real shot, people thought that'd be Jeb but so far he's made less of a splash than Romney did in 2012. The broad field of mediocre contenders are a sign not that the GOP is bursting with talent worthy of the nomination but rather that there's such a dearth of talent that anyone with single-digit polling and a dream can jump in.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I know it's been a minute since this was posted, but I'm glad to see the knives come out on the republican side.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Dolash posted:

Proof that this is an incredible primary is that polling 5% is actually pretty okay. Like, if you're getting a solid 5% in the polls you're in with a shot and should ride on to at least the first debate. You can get five out of any hundred people to vote for anything, even Trump for President, and that's where the bar for entry is set.

If the Republicans don't win this next election, I have to wonder if 2020 will bring out the same old clown car with a few old-timers dropping off and a few new faces joining the mix. The party just doesn't seem to have any obvious stars waiting in the wings or up-and-comers with a real shot, people thought that'd be Jeb but so far he's made less of a splash than Romney did in 2012. The broad field of mediocre contenders are a sign not that the GOP is bursting with talent worthy of the nomination but rather that there's such a dearth of talent that anyone with single-digit polling and a dream can jump in.

I think the biggest issue is that the GOP has been having a massive identity crisis lately.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I think the biggest issue is that the GOP has been having a massive identity crisis lately.

That's because they have ceded all reasonable ground to the Democratic party and gerrymandered their way into being unable to really control the homunculus through the primary process. Insurgent candidates generate their own support base with the radical sugar daddies the GOP courted in the past so party money isn't a thing that they can leverage. Their base votes to "send a message to Washington" and that message is "we're real dumb y'all."

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Joementum posted:

A lot of Hillary voters would settle for Bernie.

I take it Comb Choice has something to do with The Donald? :v:

Christ, that is one doughy family.

E: lol, didn't even notice the dog at first.

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

Skwirl posted:

I know it's been a minute since this was posted, but I'm glad to see the knives come out on the republican side.

I know this is not exactly what the Paul camp had in mind, but this man is exactly my experience of libertarians I meet/avoid eye contact with on the street.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Dolash posted:

You could probably get 5% of America to vote "yes" on giving the entire Louisiana Purchase back to France. What a time to be alive.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bartlebyshop posted:

You could probably get 5% of America to vote "yes" on giving the entire Louisiana Purchase back to France. What a time to be alive.

I'd be OK with that as long as they root out pockets of resistance with their equivalent of the SAS or whatever they call their national SWAT team.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Dolash posted:

There's enough young-ish conservatives in congress right now that they could field a decent primary in 2020. Marco Rubio, Tim Scott, Paul Ryan, Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Cory Gardner... that's just the ones under 50 and I didn't even bother looking at the House(save for Ryan).

It should be noted that the current GOP primary is what the primary reform was supposed to be all about. It's just taken decades to finally reach the point where we start seeing something that looks like real democracy in action. The problem on the GOP side is not the large number of candidates, but the terrible positions they hold. Primaries encourage placating the most hardcore of the party base due to a lack of voter participation. When only the furthest of the right wing vote it should not come as a surprise that we get candidates saying poo poo like, "they'll self-deport."

The right wing candidates don't have conviction or courage enough to actually split from the party they spend most of their time complaining about. So very right wing people drag the moderates to the right. The reason the Dems don't have this same problem is due to the nature of leftists in the US. The left-wing in the US, thankfully, are splitters through and through so we don't have Green Party idiots making GBS threads up the Dem primary.

The GOP should have told the Teahadists to gently caress off and start a real party if they felt so strongly about GOP leadership. That step would have prevented the slapstick 2012 primary that necessitated them removing 20 debates from the calendar for 2016.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jun 23, 2015

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

When you're talking about the Huckabees, I think it's completely fair to ask the question "what happened to the last dog?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

bartlebyshop posted:

Then give the former Republic of Texas territory + the Mexican Cession back to Mexico, Cascadia declares independence. We're on the something here. We could offer Florida back to Spain but I doubt they'd want it.

• Locked thread