Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
30fps lock, are you loving kidding me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Besides the 30 FPS lock I'm getting perfect performance with the new drivers, but I do have a 970.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Some dumb idiot posted:

most inexplicably of all the framerate defaults to a cap of 30FPS if you don't edit said .ini file.

Tell me more.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
All the Arkham games have run great on PC and had a bunch of graphics options to choose from, a 30fps limit and limited settings seems like a weird thing for Rocksteady to be messing up when they've already done it right plenty of times in the past.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

redbackground posted:

Tell me more.

Literally that, outside of the opening 5 minutes or so the game will suddenly lock itself to 30fps and you need to go find a .ini file in the game's folders in order to set it to whatever you want.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Huh I just ran the benchmark and it said the fps was 60+

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Took some screens with first person mode:

Not really story spoilers. Just some funny wanted posters:

Also on the same board something that looks like an unlock code:

RLAYBR ?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Some dumb idiot posted:

Literally that, outside of the opening 5 minutes or so the game will suddenly lock itself to 30fps and you need to go find a .ini file in the game's folders in order to set it to whatever you want.

Yeah but what's the ini tweak

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Mine is doing some weird thing when I open it, where it like bounces back and forth between being a small screen in the corner, and blacking out my whole screen, I think it's trying to upscale to fullscreen or something, but even though I've edited the all the .ini to fullscreen false it's still doing it, not sure if its due to the vpn or if it's anything anyone's experienced before with any other games or something. Any advice?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dogen posted:

That's also what I was getting at.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Wow, where's the last hour and a half gone.

Other than the odd stutter (the initial batmobile intro brought the game to a stutter) it's been pretty smooth on a 970 with all the ingame settings to max. It looks amazing, so i'm not sure how much more amazing it could look with whatever settings are in the ini file.

Edit: The first race sucks balls though. Basically not fun and it was way too easy to fall off the track, but i dont like racing games so that might be jading my opinion.

Also, it kinda feels too open if that's a thing. Like i'm sure i'll familiarise myself with the environment eventually but i'm wondering if it'll be like GTA5 where it was too vast for me to recognise bits i'd been to unless i went back to them a whole bunch of times.

Kin fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 23, 2015

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Dogen posted:

Just go into the ini files labeled system settings and change max fps from 30 to 60, or whatever you want I guess.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i did the harley quinn story pack and does she have super powers now? at one point she leapt like five storeys down an elevator shaft like it was nothing. batman's got a magic cape so i can buy him doing it but harley quinn, really? also moves like a ninja with spring shoes, poo poo is crazy

having the voice of "harleen" pop up in her head and try to reason with her was a nice touch though

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i did the harley quinn story pack and does she have super powers now? at one point she leapt like five storeys down an elevator shaft like it was nothing. batman's got a magic cape so i can buy him doing it but harley quinn, really? also moves like a ninja with spring shoes, poo poo is crazy

having the voice of "harleen" pop up in her head and try to reason with her was a nice touch though
This isn't really a spoiler for the game so:

Modern comics actually do have Harley Quinn with minor superpowers. Prior to the reboot she got a 'special something' from Poison Ivy that made her stronger, tougher and immune to poisons.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Where do you access the story pack? I went looking for it in extras but couldn't see it.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Aquasnake posted:

Mine is doing some weird thing when I open it, where it like bounces back and forth between being a small screen in the corner, and blacking out my whole screen, I think it's trying to upscale to fullscreen or something, but even though I've edited the all the .ini to fullscreen false it's still doing it, not sure if its due to the vpn or if it's anything anyone's experienced before with any other games or something. Any advice?

I am having a similar problem its just flashing between the game and a black screen like it is trying to go between full screen and windowed. But when the game isn't on top, like the task manager is in front, it runs perfectly fine in the background.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I am having a similar problem its just flashing between the game and a black screen like it is trying to go between full screen and windowed. But when the game isn't on top, like the task manager is in front, it runs perfectly fine in the background.

Yeah, pretty much this, I still haven't found a fix for it yet, did you do the vpn thing as well, because if it is that then I could handle waiting until actual release, but if not I want to find a fix as soon as possible. Let me know if you find anything.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

Where do you access the story pack? I went looking for it in extras but couldn't see it.

it was under its own special menu on the main screen, third one down iirc

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Looking forward to this tomorrow, oh yes! The Batmobile and tag-teaming with Catwoman sometimes are very welcome additions.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 23, 2015

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Aquasnake posted:

Yeah, pretty much this, I still haven't found a fix for it yet, did you do the vpn thing as well, because if it is that then I could handle waiting until actual release, but if not I want to find a fix as soon as possible. Let me know if you find anything.

I did VPN, but I have no idea how that could be causing this problem.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

If I bought a key off of G2A, will I get the Harley Quinn sidestory? Does it count as "preordering"?

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I did VPN, but I have no idea how that could be causing this problem.

Just trying to find stuff we have in common. AMD? Lenovo?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Aquasnake posted:

Just trying to find stuff we have in common. AMD? Lenovo?

Nvidia card and Intel chip. I have been messing with the ini settings but so far I have just found ways to make things worse.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Unlocked via vpn. I can launch the game, but my wireless 360 pad isn't detected in win8.1. Gamepad works fine for everything else. Also when I go into the game settings it seems to think I have a ps4 dual shock controller. Anyone else see this?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The motion blur makes me want to puke poo poo.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Steam just decided it needs to redownload the entire game so hopefully this fixes whatever crazy rear end thing is happening to me.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

The motion blur makes me want to puke poo poo.

Maybe don't eat poo poo in the first place, that way you wont have to throw it up.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bushmaori posted:

Maybe don't eat poo poo in the first place, that way you wont have to throw it up.

I'm eating poo poo right now, playing this rear end pc port.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm eating poo poo right now, playing this rear end pc port.

First thing I tried to change in the options. Couldn't find a toggle.

:negative:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It looks incredibly bad. Someone needs to find these mysterious .ini options.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

floor is lava posted:

First thing I tried to change in the options. Couldn't find a toggle.

:negative:

There has to be a motion blur .ini setting that you could change to false. What engine are they using?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

bunky posted:

There has to be a motion blur .ini setting that you could change to false. What engine are they using?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\BMGame\Config\BmSystemSettings.ini

There should motion blur options there

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Sounds like I probably shouldn't be taking advantage of GMG's 40% off coupon, huh? It's good until Friday but it seems doubtful whether Rocksteady will have unfucked their poo poo by then, if they do it at all.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Phenotype posted:

If I bought a key off of G2A, will I get the Harley Quinn sidestory? Does it count as "preordering"?

Not sure. Probably depends on whether or not the Nvidia GPU codes count as preordering. From what I can tell (game not unlocked for me yet) Nvidia GPU codes don't. All I have under DLC is the New 52 skins packs.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I don't really like motion blur but I sit far enough away from my screen that it doesn't affect me too badly

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Is it my imagination or is the game being upscaled on the PC? I'm at 1920x1080 with AA on, but there are certain things that look a little too jaggy. I have a 280x with 3 GB of VRAM and no performance problems. I left everything default, which put textures at normal and everything else in the middle.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 23, 2015

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

gently caress, I didn't realize this was coming out "tomorrow." What's a good free vpn to use so I can get an hour in before bed?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Pharmaskittle posted:

gently caress, I didn't realize this was coming out "tomorrow." What's a good free vpn to use so I can get an hour in before bed?

Here's how you can do it. You'll need to close Steam and enable the VPN and then open Steam. Don't do anything in Steam but unlock the game while on the VPN. Disconnect the VPN once you start playing the game.
http://www.vpngate.net/en/howto_softether.aspx

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Hey pc gamers that actually have it working. How are the controls? The game manual says takedowns are now alt+1-4 and the quickfire gadgets aren't mapped to anything? Is this true and if so how does it work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Aquasnake posted:

Hey pc gamers that actually have it working. How are the controls? The game manual says takedowns are now alt+1-4 and the quickfire gadgets aren't mapped to anything? Is this true and if so how does it work?

I was playing on a controller and felt like there were just too many loving combinations of this and that to remember so good luck with the keyboard.

• Locked thread