Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

I was quickfiring batarangs with doubletaps of 1 like in the other games, but yes, the special combo takedown is actually Alt+1 which is hilarious.

The gently caress? why not R or T or whatever?

Also I just got a GTX 750 Ti. Judging by the reviews, i am supremely hosed for this game anyway.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jun 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So I'm to the mission where you have to find the clue left by Oracle as she was crawling away from the Arkham Knight, after she caused a car crash. But I don't see anything. Anyone know what I'm missing?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

iuvian posted:

Depends on your eyes, but for me 40-60 variable is pretty good and way better than 30fps constant.

It depends on the eyes, but to me your post is goofy as gently caress

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
For the knight of a AAA release this thread is pretty quiet, huh.

e:oh godammit. Screw it I'll leave it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

A. Beaverhausen posted:

ive got a 6 hour patch download ahead of me so fart

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Mine's crashed a few times and I don't have it in me to play Troubleshooter all night so I'm going to bed. I imagine other people figured it would be broken for a while so they'll be back once they've patched it a couple times.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I don't know. I'm being sad an awful lot.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I'm getting a bad memory leak with Win 8.1 until it consumes nearly all 16gigs and crashes. :wtc:

KingLOCAR
Mar 4, 2004
MillDaKill is the BOMB

Poetic Justice posted:

I'm getting a bad memory leak with Win 8.1 until it consumes nearly all 16gigs and crashes. :wtc:

Same here... ugh

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
So apparently the game hates streaming through Steam, it's crashed everytime I tried. Hopefully this gets patched.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Buddy pressed the Incinerate button. Instant crash.

Well played, Bartman

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Three minutes in and already getting superman references. This game is alright.

Hamsalad
May 28, 2007
i am torgo
For those of you who have it working, has anyone been messing around with the .ini file to increase the graphics settings past what the menu options allow?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

A. Beaverhausen posted:

It's not midnight across North America yet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hamsalad posted:

For those of you who have it working, has anyone been messing around with the .ini file to increase the graphics settings past what the menu options allow?

theres like 2 solid pages of ini chat right above your post.

c'mon pc gamers at least read the game threads you go and ruin with specs and reqs chat

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Why do (almost) all unrealengine games struggle to play full motion video properly vsynced without dropping frames? I'm playing with a gtx960 on a TV so the 30fps cap looks great when it's vsynced but the prerendered intro videos stutter horribly. It's funny that modern PC games have no problem rendering complex high resolution 3d scenes in real time with a smooth framerate but streaming 2d video from a file is just too darn difficult :haw:

Game looks great so far, but I have to go to work before I get to play it for more than 5 minutes :(

If the PS4 version has a solid 30fps framerate I kind of regret buying the Steam version, but at least we get to play with the extra nvidia bells and whistles

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Aquasnake posted:

Just trying to find stuff we have in common. AMD? Lenovo?

I may have found a possible solution, its untested for now because the game is still decrypting but people say adding -windowed to the launch options forces the game to run in borderless window mode. Probably not good for the framerate but it might get the game running at least.

Edit: This worked. Change it to borderless window ingame. Game is cool as hell so far.

Shalebridge Cradle fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 23, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

theres like 2 solid pages of ini chat right above your post.

c'mon pc gamers at least read the game threads you go and ruin with specs and reqs chat

That's not rly what that dude was asking.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

oh okay, i just got the first batmobile upgrade and gently caress this its terrible

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

bunky posted:

oh okay, i just got the first batmobile upgrade and gently caress this its terrible

The winch thing is extremely easy.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I hope you like blur

helping my buddy sleep it off

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Wait does Man Bat really just show up as a jumpscare?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Fargin Icehole posted:

The gently caress? why not R or T or whatever?

Also I just got a GTX 750 Ti. Judging by the reviews, i am supremely hosed for this game anyway.

No, I ran it fine on a 750ti.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

The winch thing is extremely easy.

its dumb and sucks but i persevered because i am bat man

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
It's kinda funny in a self-indulgent way how many characters, in the hour I've played, have had lines that are basically just "Oh wow the batmobile is so cool it's the greatest"

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

PC Port is outsourced to Iron Galaxy im hearing.

We got another MKX! No more WB ports for me. Cheap asses.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

RBX posted:

PC Port is outsourced to Iron Galaxy im hearing.

We got another MKX! No more WB ports for me. Cheap asses.

It's not nearly that bad.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

TheJoker138 posted:

So I'm to the mission where you have to find the clue left by Oracle as she was crawling away from the Arkham Knight, after she caused a car crash. But I don't see anything. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Look under the nearby crates.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

PS4 problem. It says it's installing game data. It has an estimated 0:17:59 remaining and hasn't moved. Is that 17 hours? Is this going to go away when the update finishes? I had a similar problem with GTAV.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I got the new Bat-Suit and while I still think it's lame for Batman to style bite on Iron Man so hard the new abilities you get are loving ace. Fear takedown combos in particular are delightful, if a bit e-z mode.

Also, a nice little subtle touch; does Batman's Bat-Skype project the video directly onto his eyes? The effect in game is a floating screen like in so much near-future bullshit, but they actually meant it to be a virtual retinal display then that's a neat detail

also i hate the weapons wheel bring back the d-pad select thing please

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

I hope you like blur

helping my buddy sleep it off

Uugh, tell me Poison Ivy get's more than a 2bit support role and is actually a boss at some point

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

It's not nearly that bad.

It chews up Vram, is blurry as gently caress, has horrible chromatic aberration you cant turn off, and won't run solid to save my life.

That's without saying that in 45 minutes i've spent more time in the boring batmobile and watching cutscenes than on foot.

KingLOCAR
Mar 4, 2004
MillDaKill is the BOMB
Alright, so based on a steam forum post it is recommended to go to the .ini and:

1. Change max fps to 120, not 60
2. Turn off all motion blur settings including MobilePostProcessBlurAmount to 0.0 as motion blur is bugged might be the ram leak.
3. Possibly change Texture Resolution to 2, to make it look better.

Obviously YMMV and backup your .ini so far so good for me

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Played the game for about an hour, which compared to the more mellow intros to the previous series, this one is considerably more ready to get to the action and blow some poo poo up. Like I honestly thought I'd have to wait a somewhat significant amount of time before I get the batmobile but NOPE!

Also my shiny new GTX960 did a stellar job during the performance test but is bombing hard during actual gameplay. Even after dumping all the settings to low, turning off all the fancy effects, and dropping the resolution down a notch, I'm still getting tears, randomly dropped frames and slowdown during action scenes. Considering I was just playing Witcher 3 for about four hours with a bunch of settings maxed and didn't have any of these issues there, I'm more than a little disappointed in it's performance with Arkham Knight.

Also also, I'm really glad that Rocksteady has finally learned how to model different body types so now there's more variety beyond "buff as hell" and "hawt girl". Even Batman looks a little slimmer compared to previous games.

Also also also, I spent probably about 15 minutes just wandering around the GCPD talking to all the officers. They all have their own names now and I just know I'm gonna feel terrible when a whole bunch of them get killed, also that guy whose wrist I broke ended up locked up which makes me think this prison is gonna get a lot fuller by the end of the game.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I was able to play for around 4 hours with one crash at around hour 2 and no other problems with max setting and 60 FPS cap on my 970. Game's good, but the batmobile is just OK. Most of the time it's fine but when it's bad it's really really bad.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Game is good. Will probably wait for the patch. I feel like this launched earlier than rocksteady intended it to.

e: as in, it launched at midnight instead of like 1pm or whatever when they had the day one patch ready.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 23, 2015

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Grapplejack posted:

Game is good. Will probably wait for the patch. I feel like this launched earlier than rocksteady intended it to.

Funny considering it had already been pushed back. I think developers are just overreaching these days and not doing anywhere near enough QA.

e:Caught your edit. Still, day 1 patches shouldn't be necessary if QA was at the level of concern it should really be

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Uugh, tell me Poison Ivy get's more than a 2bit support role and is actually a boss at some point

I got some bad news for you, son.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Change thread title to Batmobile: Arkham Knight.

Pretty good so far though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I got some bad news for you, son.

:( I hate Rocksteady

e:I mean Batman's rogues gallery is pretty much a sausage fest, and Uma Therman aside you have a badass chick villian and it's just arg.

• Locked thread