Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DirtyWorker
Jun 19, 2004

What is Afrika.. You can not comprehend, what afrika is!
Started playing, crashed after the diner scene. Started again, crashed around the same place. Once I got out to the desktop, the game had deleted itself.. Now I have to re-download everything.. Fun times all around.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Yeah I verified the integrity of my game cache and wouldn't you know it, I gotta redownload it.

This game just highlights my need for a 3 gig video card. My 670 just isn't cutting it anymore.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Even 970's aren't cutting it here, I have one, everybody has problems right now.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Yeah it's pretty clear this was a shoddy port. Which is a real shame.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
All aboard the redownloadmobile.

I would like to hope that after I finally get it running it will run ok. But you guys are making me even more nervous for the most anticipated game of the last four years for me.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

This is why you don't buy AAA PC ports on launch.

Does anyone know how the console versions are holding up?

DirtyWorker
Jun 19, 2004

It's sad when companies don't care about QA before the games release anymore. How many times did they push the launch window for this game? And yet, the managed to royally gently caress up. Currently the game sits with 37% positive and 63% negative reviews on Steam. Almost all saying the same thing, that it's badly optimized, has random crashes and runs like poo poo even on high-end equipment.

I guess we're the beta tester for a messy game. Yet again.

Edit: The game doesn't even support 3D Vision anymore, like the three previous games did.

Seeing as my line is less than stellar, it will take me around 6-7 hours to re-download. But, not sure if I want to play it considering it might just as well delete itself again..

DirtyWorker fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 23, 2015

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

DirtyWorker posted:

It's sad when companies don't care about QA before the games release anymore. How many times did they push the launch window for this game? And yet, the managed to royally gently caress up. Currently the game sits with 37% positive and 63% negative reviews on Steam. Almost all saying the same thing, that it's badly optimized, has random crashes and runs like poo poo even on high-end equipment.

I guess we're the beta tester for a messy game. Yet again.

Edit: The game doesn't even support 3D Vision anymore, like the three previous games did.

Except this time, people can ask for their money back - and get it.

halwain
May 31, 2011
The Batmobile and Tank combat parts are horrible. Who thought this was a good idea.....

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!
[Press CTRL to dive]

*Presses control*

*Nothing happens*

gently caress. Time for bed.

DirtyWorker posted:

Started playing, crashed after the diner scene. Started again, crashed around the same place. Once I got out to the desktop, the game had deleted itself.. Now I have to re-download everything.. Fun times all around.

I just tried that without crashing and it did the same thing. Do not try to validate the files right now!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I like the batmobile. Granted I'm about 20 mins into the story. It's the lovely PC port problems that are cheesing me off

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

KingLOCAR posted:

2. Turn off all motion blur settings including MobilePostProcessBlurAmount to 0.0 as motion blur is bugged might be the ram leak.
I can't even start the game if motion blur is turned off, it crashes at startup. :saddowns:

PC gaming!

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Here I am about 7 hours after the first time I pressed play. I'm almost finished with the redownload. I have about 45 minutes of play time and I've never made it past the click here to start screen.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
PC GAMING! :argh:

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

RBX posted:

Even 970's aren't cutting it here, I have one, everybody has problems right now.

My pc running a 6 year old unoverclocked quad core i7 2.67 with a 2GB 770 is perfectly playable.

:pcgaming:

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
AAA PC gaming

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Me a year ago posted:

Am I missing out on any dlc stuff by buying Arkham Knight for PC? Feels like a weird question to ask, but these days you never know.

Finally have a PC that can actually play games at pretty sweet settings and I'd much rather use a 360 pad to this setup then go back to a console again.
lol you dumb idiot

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

RBX posted:

280x works for me. I thought the game was upscaling, but looking at the costumes in the main menu closer, everything has a shiny little outline on it. Very weird. Also, to change between costume catagories you use the - and = key if you don't have a gamepad. You can use the mouse, but it auto selects anything it goes over. lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How do you know if you have Harley Quinn crap. I didn't order from steam but the store said it was Harley Quinn pre order.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Sorry if it's mentioned already but what's up with the 30 fps lock in the PC version? I get 60 fps fine in the game's benchmark.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The Batmobile parts are the worst in city pursuits. The combat stuff isn't so bad if a bit simplistic; and I (much to my surprise) enjoyed the one Riddler race I've done.

DirtyWorker
Jun 19, 2004

Grey Fox V2 posted:

[Press CTRL to dive]

*Presses control*

*Nothing happens*

gently caress. Time for bed.

I just tried that without crashing and it did the same thing. Do not try to validate the files right now!

That's the funny part, I didn't push "validate", I was about too. But I got the message before I pushed..

Edit: Has anyone experimented with leaving the 30 fps lock on? Does the game work better or worse if you keep the lock? I would test myself, but currently re-downloading it.. :suicide:

DirtyWorker fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jun 23, 2015

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

I'm pretty sure all of us pc gamers are just Echo chambering at this point because the consoles are off playing their game.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
My game keeps using up 6 GB of my 8 GB of RAM then dying

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Sorry if it's mentioned already but what's up with the 30 fps lock in the PC version? I get 60 fps fine in the game's benchmark.

They probably knew there was lots of problems with the frame rate jumping around so they locked the frame rate to 30 FPS to make it stop. They let you go higher in the benchmark to fool you.

UP AND ADAM posted:

My game keeps using up 6 GB of my 8 GB of RAM then dying
Some people have found if they turn off motion blur and the game does not crash the memory leak stops.

Good news guys, Warner Brothers is on the case.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Yaos posted:

They probably knew there was lots of problems with the frame rate jumping around so they locked the frame rate to 30 FPS to make it stop. They let you go higher in the benchmark to fool you.

That's really loving dumb. Guess I won't play this game tonight then. If I didn't get this game through the Nvidia promo I probably would have gotten a refund.

DirtyWorker
Jun 19, 2004

Yaos posted:

Good news guys, Warner Brothers is on the case.

Yeah, wanting to play something we've paid money for sure makes us into cry babies.. This mentally is hosed up, and developers who think like this need to go away.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Anybody else notice every single game with Nvidia Gameworks has massive performance problems for Nvidia and AMD cards? How can Nvidia gently caress it up so badly every time? Is this some weird attempt to get people to buy a new video card every time a new one comes out in hopes the performance will be better?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

How do you know if you have Harley Quinn crap. I didn't order from steam but the store said it was Harley Quinn pre order.

I did the same and I think we don't get poo poo. I ordered from Gamesplanet and it doesn't show me any other codes.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

DirtyWorker posted:

Yeah, wanting to play something we've paid money for sure makes us into cry babies.. This mentally is hosed up, and developers who think like this need to go away.

To be fair, if that forum post is from who the internet detective says (the name is not exactly uncommon), the WB dude is a marketing guy for TV, not a developer.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Other than my quick looking for help question earlier I hadn't been looking at the thread. I am literally shocked that so many people seem to be having issues. I played for over 5 hours and haven't had a single crash, memory issue, instance of stuttering, etc. I'm on a 970. It's been running flawlessly for me.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I may have found a possible solution, its untested for now because the game is still decrypting but people say adding -windowed to the launch options forces the game to run in borderless window mode. Probably not good for the framerate but it might get the game running at least.

Edit: This worked. Change it to borderless window ingame. Game is cool as hell so far.

Sweet loving Jesus you were right. You Are The Batman. Thank you.

DirtyWorker
Jun 19, 2004

Mr Beens posted:

To be fair, if that forum post is from who the internet detective says (the name is not exactly uncommon), the WB dude is a marketing guy for TV, not a developer.

True. But, I do think that some publishers think like this, or they wouldn't be releasing clearly broken games.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

RBX posted:

I did the same and I think we don't get poo poo. I ordered from Gamesplanet and it doesn't show me any other codes.

What the gently caress.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
No real problems for me, but it might have a memory leak? I'm not real clear on what a memory leak is exactly, but it did eventually grind to a crawl after running well for 3 hours or so.

I like the tank battles, but the FEAR takedowns have kinda taken the edge off the predator encounters. Also, everything revolves around the Batmobile so far. I thought it would just be something to get around faster, have tank battles and whatnot, but most of the puzzles are "How do I get the Batmobile to X point so I can use the winch?"

So far though, quite good.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What the gently caress.

Nuuvem and GMG buyers got their codes though!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If it makes you feel any better, the Harley Quinn thing is about 20 minutes long at most. She plays pretty cool, but it's not earth shattering or anything.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Gordon's VA is SO BAD.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Gordon's VA is SO BAD.

He's the one piece of casting I really hate. Well, him and Tara Strong's version of Harley Quinn. They should have just gotten the guy from TAS, unless he's dead or something. Speaking of Strong, has there ever been any confirmation on why Arleen Sorkin stopped doing the voice after the first game? I remember hearing rumors of money issues before City but never saw anything official on why she was replaced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Hearing that Jonathan Banks sucks as Gordon hurts to hear, :(. I really like him and thought he would own as Gordon.

I haven't tried the game yet, it sounds pretty awesome so far outside the lovely port talk.

• Locked thread