Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Generic Monk posted:

ENBoost is probably less requirred for FNV than it is for Skyrim - since Boris the homophobic russian stopped developing the FNV version it's probably less stable. Hopefully you've tweaked enblocal.ini to reflect your video memory though.

I was using the NV fear and Loathing STEP as a reference but none of the suggested tweaking eliminated it completely and it would randomly chug with no actual mods in the mix. Since a modded New Vegas and TTW runs perfect without it I haven't bothered to do any deep diving into the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder how many people are going to take it off and drop it immediately because roleplaying and then be mad later when they don't get the achievement for wearing it the whole time or something.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My wife is dead, it's time to move on. Point me to the nearest ghoul prostitute, please.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Why can't I make my spouse a super mutant bethesda? I thought it was 2015 not 1955.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
You cannot remove the ring.
It is flagged as a "quest item".
Upon loading a save, it will reappear in your inventory if you previously removed it via console.
It will weigh 3 pounds for some reason.
Despite this, it's a "quest item", so it won't actually affect your total carrying weight.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Somebody earlier was wondering why the Great Khans in New Vegas didn't have their own culture that they brought with them in terms of music and stuff.

I think we can blame this shithead: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Jerry_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Upon loading a save, it will reappear in your inventory if you previously removed it via console.
Despite this, it's a "quest item", so it won't actually affect your total carrying weight.

At least half of this will be true.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
My biggest gaming pet peeve is quest items weighing amounts and Beth is so loving bad for it. Some stupid rear end scrolls in skyrim taking up precious inventory weight is not okay.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If you choose to do evil deeds and act in an unfamily friendly manner it will grow increasingly heavy to symbolize the burden on your conscience. That one mage ring quest in Oblivion was real clever I thought.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I'm Commonwealth Mandroid and this is my favorite Trading Post in the Wasteland

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

it did run fairly well on the 360. even more so with the patch in the goty edition

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Lugging 250lbs of Obsidian or Iron gauntlets or whatever is an established Bethesda quest theme hth.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Was the Xbox the most powerful and versatile system of that generation? Everything from back then is just a blocky blur to me.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I imagine the draw distance of xbox Morrowind was about 2 feet in front of your ugly block face

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Million Ghosts posted:

My biggest gaming pet peeve is quest items weighing amounts and Beth is so loving bad for it. Some stupid rear end scrolls in skyrim taking up precious inventory weight is not okay.

They list a weight but undroppable items don't actually add to your weight while you carry them.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Working with Microsoft was refreshing.

Making great games is truly its number one focus.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Theta Zero posted:

Was the Xbox the most powerful and versatile system of that generation? Everything from back then is just a blocky blur to me.

The Xbox and Gamecube were both more powerful than the PS2. The Playstation won its popularity through its versatility (it could play DVDs out of the box, letting it act as a movie player) and massive game library, including lots popular exclusives like the Metal Gear Solid series and backwards compatibility with the old Playstation.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Million Ghosts posted:

I imagine the draw distance of xbox Morrowind was about 2 feet in front of your ugly block face

Well it wasn't great, but they were pretty good about blocking eyelines with hills or trees or fog so it wasn't super obvious. It's actually really jarring playing the game with longer draw distances and no fog because all the towns suddenly seem much closer together than you ever realized. Oblivion had better draw distances and more open countryside, but it actually backfired a little because all the towns looked like rinky-dink doll villages and everywhere you looked there would be a forgotten ruin or infested cave right in front of the goddamn town gate. Fallout 3 has that in a few places as well. Like, no one in Rivet City comments on the nest of Supermutants right across from their goddamn drawbridge. Generally though the wasteland was empty enough that it wasn't much of an issue. Skyrim's game world is big enough that they could probably have avoided the issue entirely, but it's overstuffed design philosophy still leads to awkward juxtapositions, and not just because those drat dragons keep killing the caravans. This game supposedly is going to have a pretty drat big map. I'm hope they'll keep the diverse geography and interesting areas from Skyrim while resisting the urge to populate every goddamn inch of open space with over-populated bandit camps and cookie cutter dungeons.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

OwlFancier posted:

They list a weight but undroppable items don't actually add to your weight while you carry them.

I dunno man I'm about 99% sure they did at least when I played skyrim forever ago.

Morrowind's general foggy weirdness for sure works for it, but with how poo poo the draw distance was on PC I imagine xbox was like playing a blind outlander at night

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Million Ghosts posted:

I dunno man I'm about 99% sure they did at least when I played skyrim forever ago.

Morrowind's general foggy weirdness for sure works for it, but with how poo poo the draw distance was on PC I imagine xbox was like playing a blind outlander at night

Nah he's right. Load up your old save and drop all your droppable items- your carry weight will be zero.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Don't have it on my new system so I believe you sort of I guess

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
It's lame as hell that my character will have to have married a human woman and bred with her. That's not what I'm about.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Vitamin P posted:

It's lame as hell that my character will have to have married a human woman and bred with her. That's not what I'm about.

The correct term is "female" and "mate". You mate with a female and she accepts your seed to have your child.

Here's a picture of Morrowind without any fog.

Kind of crazy. I remember getting "lost" in the swamps and finding cool ruins. Turns out those ruins are about ten feet away from a city.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jun 23, 2015

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Million Ghosts posted:

No, the Xbox was actually pretty comparable to gaming PCs of its era in just about about every way except memory. The draw distance was fine (I didn't notice any difference between my old Xbox disc and my more recent unmodded PC install, but that could be fuzzy memory), but the real problem was load times. Loading the game on XBox took forever even with a clean save and if you got a hundred hours on it, things really started chugalugging. I swear, I discovered a whole series of strange new noises coming from my xbox every time it tried to load a new area or too many spell effects went off at once.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Sharkopath posted:

I will be very happy if there's an achievement/trophy for never taking it off.

Don't take it off nor hit on anyone. Respecting your vows is part of your prime directives.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Nuebot posted:

If you choose to do evil deeds and act in an unfamily friendly manner it will grow increasingly heavy to symbolize the burden on your conscience. That one mage ring quest in Oblivion was real clever I thought.

You'll also develop a bunch of facial scars and your eyes will start to glow red, revealing that you actually did die in the nuclear blast, but scientists in the Vault brought you back to life with cybernetics.

Hey, if you're going to copy Mass Effect, might as well go all the way.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Doesn't have a voiced player character mean modders can't add new interactions in?

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Crankit posted:

Doesn't have a voiced player character mean modders can't add new interactions in?

Not on its own. You'd probably just have to have the game play a silent sound file and have subtitles, like many modded quests in other Bethesda games. If anything will present a difficulty to modders, it'll be the fact that there's no longer a "dialogue mode" and dialogue instead takes place in a kind of pseudo-cutscene. That might be harder to set up than the way things are now.

Another thing I wonder about is how you'll be able to skip dialogue in the new system.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Crankit posted:

The main character will be voiced by that stephen hawking robot voice in all fan mods.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

megalodong posted:

The main character will be voiced by that stephen hawking robot voice in all fan mods.

Wasteland Prositute: It's [200] caps for a full hour

Player: aeiou

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Praetorian Mage posted:

Not on its own. You'd probably just have to have the game play a silent sound file and have subtitles, like many modded quests in other Bethesda games. If anything will present a difficulty to modders, it'll be the fact that there's no longer a "dialogue mode" and dialogue instead takes place in a kind of pseudo-cutscene. That might be harder to set up than the way things are now.

Another thing I wonder about is how you'll be able to skip dialogue in the new system.

The same way you skip dialogue in any voiced dialogue game, pressing a button to stop the line and bring up the next piece of dialogue?

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Yaos posted:

The correct term is "female" and "mate". You mate with a female and she accepts your seed to have your child.

Kind of crazy. I remember getting "lost" in the swamps and finding cool ruins. Turns out those ruins are about ten feet away from a city.

The perspective is making it look smaller than it appears in-game.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Thug Lessons posted:

The perspective is making it look smaller than it appears in-game.
Morrowind hid it's size by using narrow windy valleys with steep walls preventing you from just running up and down them, and once you became aware of how really small and efficiently compact the map really was, it's pretty hard to forget.

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I am not very good at the internet

Yaos posted:

This is awesome! Anyone know where I can see pictures like this for other games?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Bethesda NPCs rarely have anything interesting to say so the dialogue system is irrelevant.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Azhais posted:

Yes, long gone are the days when you had the options to scroll through 30 different replies as well as enter free-form text in response to questions.

Oh, it wasn't like that and most dialogues had 1-3 options anyway? Welp.
Skyrim had an awful lot of one-choice dialogue "trees," so four choices seems pretty good to me.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Pwnstar posted:

Bethesda NPCs rarely have anything interesting to say so the dialogue system is irrelevant.

Bethesda sure, but what does this do for a possible Obsidian sequel?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Skyrim had an awful lot of one-choice dialogue "trees," so four choices seems pretty good to me.

There's so many characters you should be able to backstab, especially the ones that try to convince you to randomly destroy property or kill people just because. And the only response you can give when you "agree" to do them is asking what to destroy and by how much.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

ZombyDog posted:

Morrowind hid it's size by using narrow windy valleys with steep walls preventing you from just running up and down them, and once you became aware of how really small and efficiently compact the map really was, it's pretty hard to forget.

Yes, the game world is smaller than it feels. However that doesn't contradict what I said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Lord Lambeth posted:

I can't imagine playing morrowind on the xbox. :psyduck:

It wasn't that bad, only like 2 questlines irreparably broke in my save

• Locked thread