Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I'm sad that MCH is apparently bad since I was looking forward to leveling it after I get PLD to 60. :smith: I just wanted to be a gun cat...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Do people hate WM because it also fucks AA damage, or because it makes you immobile?

If I don't make an MCN I'm thinking about ACN because summoners look loving sweet but I think my ACN is like 16. Bleh.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

Do people hate WM because it also fucks AA damage, or because it makes you immobile?

If I don't make an MCN I'm thinking about ACN because summoners look loving sweet but I think my ACN is like 16. Bleh.

Yes to both, it also makes it hard to use off the GCD abilities (Which bard/mcn have a lot of) and can gently caress up procs

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
gently caress it i might make one anyway because i hate myself and then when SE fixes everything i'll be ready to establish myself as a good shooterman

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

gently caress it i might make one anyway because i hate myself and then when SE fixes everything i'll be ready to establish myself as a good shooterman

This is why I'm still levelling it, Like I'm invested in finishing the MSQ, I can go back and grind bard and SE have been good at making classes not suck.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So is the problem that the potency of Gauss and WM need to be adjusted to fix the damage lost by no AAs? Would that make people happy? Or do people expect better interactions between GB/WM and the rest of the class' kit?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
AST question. I know the shields don't stack with SCH's schields, but what about WHM's heal over time + AST hot?

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 23, 2015

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

So is the problem that the potency of Gauss and WM need to be adjusted to fix the damage lost by no AAs? Would that make people happy? Or do people expect better interactions between GB/WM and the rest of the class' kit?

Both.

Mango Polo posted:

AST question. I know the shields don't stack with SCH's schields, but what about WHM's heal over time + AST hot?

I'm pretty sure you can stack Regen's from different WHM so yes?

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Rincewind posted:

I'm sad that MCH is apparently bad since I was looking forward to leveling it after I get PLD to 60. :smith: I just wanted to be a gun cat...

Yeah I want to stick with MCH but everything I read says they have major damage problems post-50.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

I've also been reading that they aren't parsing properly so dmg isn't quite as low as people are making it out. But yea once they get their needed buff I think they will be good. I'm enjoying machinist so far but am still pretty low.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
There's a 20mb patch already, so maybe that's fixes. Probably not.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Munion posted:

I've also been reading that they aren't parsing properly so dmg isn't quite as low as people are making it out. But yea once they get their needed buff I think they will be good. I'm enjoying machinist so far but am still pretty low.

How diligent are SE about that sort of thing? I have only had the game about a month so I have yet to see their response time for balance issues.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Calihan posted:

How diligent are SE about that sort of thing? I have only had the game about a month so I have yet to see their response time for balance issues.

It's hard to say. SMN used to be kind of bad for a long time, and even the 2.5(?) SMN/BLM gear was more suited to BLMs, but they eventually got fixed in the end.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jun 23, 2015

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I hope this patch doesn't fix the flying bear in CWH. :smith:

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Whizbang posted:

I hope this patch doesn't fix the flying bear in CWH. :smith:
Is it in all instances? Wouldn't be that hard for it to follow someone off the edge in each instance I guess.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/03843d6bf7ba69adc37d7955ff7af43f3c43828a

Look at the class changes section of the 2.1 patch. If there's real problems I'm sure they'll fix them.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Seems like the square-enix store has sent out its expansion codes. Check your promotional tab if you use gmail.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

mr. stefan posted:

Everyone on the dev team was too busy blowing their loads making WAR loving incredible to have anything left over for machinists.

FTFY

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

cheetah7071 posted:

Seems like the square-enix store has sent out its expansion codes. Check your promotional tab if you use gmail.

Nothing for me yet you liar.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
The plot twist at the end of the credits, tho.

Dragoon Knight
Jul 20, 2009

"Would you mind not talking to me? I am appraising some pigs now."
For anyone playing on PS4 (and I assume PS3), I was able to log on via the launcher and apply my Digital CE to my account. There was no code entry required, it was just a case of "hey, would you like to apply the following services to your account?".

I pre-ordered as soon as it went live on the PS Store on the 19th. Can't get into the game yet, what with it still being maintenance, but the Mog Station shows me as Heavensward CE and good to go.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I bought a retail copy (lol australian internet) and registered the key before the game came back up and now I have a 2.7gb update :smith:

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Volt Catfish posted:

It's hard to say. SMN used to be kind of bad for a long time, and even the 2.5(?) SMN/BLM gear was more suited to BLMs, but they eventually got fixed in the end.

That's kinda what I was afraid of. Might be a good time to try out DRK after all.

Great Orb!
Feb 4, 2009
This is probably a silly question to ask, but I have the mark for ARR filled in on MogStation, but not on Heavensward. However, I've been playing Heavensward Early Access with no issues to speak of. The Squeenix stone sent me a promo code used to register the game, so my question is, do I need to register it again? :ohdear:

E: Nevermind! Apparently the code is case-sensitive.

Great Orb! fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jun 23, 2015

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

The early access code isn't the same as the full game code. They'll email you the full game code probably later today-- early access lasts till the 27th, though, so no need to worry really.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Calihan posted:

That's kinda what I was afraid of. Might be a good time to try out DRK after all.

One thing to note is that other classes got their stuff fixed much more quickly, summoners were only a little bit behind the other ranged DPS classes and the way that they eventually fixed them pretty obviously took a fair amount of work. If machinist is really waaay behind other ranged DPS I'd expect them to get fixed within the next couple of months.

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

parser or not, it feels like the damage you're doing is garbage, and dying repeatedly in the Halatali story instance because I felt like I wasn't doing the damage the game expected me to be able to do was the nail in the coffin for me.

Just to vaguely counterpoint this. I'm 59 MCH (so close...) and have not had any trouble soloing either the job quests, storyline or open world. I've died twice while levelling, both times due to jumping off cliffs whilst having aggro (the laugh almost makes it worthwhile). Machinist's tool kit, if you use it, makes it possible to control your way through most overpulls and quest 'boss' fights. I can't actually imagine what made Halatali difficult. Because cooldowns are reasonably short, I'm melting open world mobs without too many worries. Proc droughts haven't really felt like too much of an issue in open world or dungeons; maybe a handful of pulls, but the good proc streaks feel great. The problem is straight up sustained DPS in comparison to what I'm hearing about other jobs (warriors just sound broken). Possibly it's not being 60, not being geared, parsers not picking up an aspect they should - but it does feel like MCH missing some oomph between cooldowns and that Gauss Barrel is pointless outside of an initial pull or sustained AoE. I suspect the main combo needs a potency lift so the down sections aren't quite so anaemic and Gauss needs a rethink. 60 and geared will be sorted in the next day or so, so we'll see.

Kettlepip fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jun 23, 2015

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
And of note re: the smn situation, it was in a really weird situation where it had like 3 actually useful moves that scholar didn't have, and scholar probably spent the entirety of 2.x being a little bit too good. There wasn't really a good way to buff summoner without also buffing scholar.

Heavensward fixed that, obviously, by giving them five more moves to distinguish them from scholar, and making them all loving baller as hell.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Calihan posted:

oh my dear loving god i'm going to throw volt catfish into loving lava

Anyway.

SMN is really good now. BLM is loving amazing and probably the strongest ST DPS right now under the right circumstances. Anything but BRD and MCH is really good right now, and those two will be fixed soon.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Patch notes posted:

The following adjustment has been made.
・An experience cap has been set for all tradecraft and fisher levequests level 45 and below when completing them at level 50 and above.
*The experience points displayed when accepting the levequest will be the experience amount without its cap.

The following issues have been addressed.
・An issue in “Thok ast Thok (Hard)” wherein spirit gana and moon gana would sometimes stop all actions.
・An issue wherein the job quests “Our End” and “Stairway to the Heavens” would not grant experience points upon completion.
・An issue in the quest “I Could Have Tranced All Night” wherein the NPC to accept the quest is of a different name and at a different location than indicated on the quest log.
・An issue wherein fishing in Heavensward areas would allow obtaining timeworn maps over the allowed limit.
・An issue when using DirectX 11 wherein accepting quests would cause the UI or screen to not display properly. (Windows Version only)
・An issue wherein servers would go down under certain conditions.
・Fixed a number of text errors.

I thought this was cute:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jun 23, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
so bards are still poo poo out of luck then

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

quote:

・An issue wherein fishing in Heavensward areas would allow obtaining timeworn maps over the allowed limit.

gently caress. It was good while it lasted.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Blockhouse posted:

so bards are still poo poo out of luck then

BRD and MCH balance changes probably won't come until at least 3.0.1, or 3.0.5. I sorta suspect it'll be sooner than 3.1 because holy gently caress is MCH not in a good spot right now, but it was unrealistic to expect those sort of changes this soon.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SpaceDrake posted:

BRD and MCH balance changes probably won't come until at least 3.0.1, or 3.0.5. I sorta suspect it'll be sooner than 3.1 because holy gently caress is MCH not in a good spot right now, but it was unrealistic to expect those sort of changes this soon.

no I mean the bard glitch where sometimes they'll just stop attacking

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

Is it? I mean it sounds like some of these things really sound like things that should of been knocked on the head in testing process. I am talking things like Gauss Barrel/WM being a net DPS loss in most encounters despite the price you pay for it. I mean that is less of a balance issue and more of a problem with common bloody sense.

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007

this guy swank as hell.

And wind-up Kain does a little dragoon jump :3:

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Calihan posted:

Is it? I mean it sounds like some of these things really sound like things that should of been knocked on the head in testing process. I am talking things like Gauss Barrel/WM being a net DPS loss in most encounters despite the price you pay for it. I mean that is less of a balance issue and more of a problem with common bloody sense.

I can't imagine how WM ends up as a DPS loss - given all the burst-friendly moves you can only fire out of it - and don't think you actually have any numbers to back this up, do you?

The math behind Gauss Barrel's also looking a little suspect, but the class looks to legit have some issues, so I'll give you that.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Auto attacks are potency 70 correct?

Just so I can do some napkin math r.e. gauss barrel

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jun 23, 2015

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Goddamnit. The update did nothing to fix the dx11 client randomly crashing the display drivers. More the pity.

Adept Nightingale posted:

The math behind Gauss Barrel's also looking a little suspect, but the class looks to legit have some issues, so I'll give you that.

There are plenty of threads on reddit/Lodestone about it. Long story short, the loss of auto-attack damage when using GB is a straight up damage loss before you get Gauss Round/Ricochet and even with it, they only pull ahead during the opening salvo and some AoE encounters.

I have no experience or interest in BRD so I'll leave their specifics to someone who does but going by the number of BRDs trying to shout over anyone else when the issue is raised, I would hazard a guess they would have a similar issue with WM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

I dunno. I don't use parsers or anything like that, but I do main bard. I hated Minuet pretty much the moment I got it, and continued to hate it until I hit 54 and got Empyrean, and now 56 has given me Iron Jaws (which refreshes both your dots simultaneously). Empyrean is... really, really satisfying, actually-- if you plan to use barrage along with it, a crit gives me about 3600 damage in one button press. I can only imagine how fun that's going to be at 60 in real gear.

I'm still getting used to the loss of mobility, but on the whole the trade-off's so far seemed worth it. I definitely feel like I'm contributing more DPS.

• Locked thread