Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
I have never seen Firminho but he's played himself into Brazil's first team, which twenty years ago would've been a proud achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spangly A posted:

I have never seen Firminho but he's played himself into Brazil's first team, which twenty years ago would've been a proud achievement.

hell,

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He's only deputizing for Neymar. Not in their first team.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Spangly A posted:

I have never seen Firminho but he's paid himself into Brazil's first team.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

Maybe...

It's surprising that Liverpool, Tottenham or even United haven't made a move for him. All three need a striker and Benteke is only 24 and has a pretty good goal scoring record for a pretty terrible club. I mean he's not going to be cheap but he'd be a lot less of a gamble than most.

Benteke has a pretty alarming injury record. It's almost at a Sturridge level at this point.

The Big Taff Man posted:

I cant wait for Tychans posts about him then

poo poo!!!!

I know nothing about Firminho.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

You moneyhat your protegee into the U20 of Brazil, not the seniors. Firmino has developed quite nicely these last few years, he's pretty good on the wings.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I wish Manchester United would sign a player.

A good one, preferably.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Vegetable posted:

He's only deputizing for Neymar. Not in their first team.

He started against Colombia while Neymar was in the team; he's firmly their first choice, and like in the World Cup, their first choice was a garbageman.

Watch the next copa America match, you'll see how bad he is. Maybe he's good for his club side but he looks poo poo for brazil.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Gigi Galli posted:

He started against Colombia while Neymar was in the team; he's firmly their first choice, and like in the World Cup, their first choice was a garbageman.

Watch the next copa America match, you'll see how bad he is. Maybe he's good for his club side but he looks poo poo for brazil.

Tbf everyone looks poo poo for Brazil, they're a bunch of bottling wasters led by a primadonna who overrates himself absurdly.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Can I just say now I hope Milan sign no one this window as I enjoy gg doing the face

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Big Taff Man posted:

Can I just say now I hope Milan sign no one this window as I enjoy gg doing the face

I have been doing the face for so long that it's stuck this way and now it's just my face.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Gigi Galli posted:

I have been doing the face for so long that it's stuck this way and now it's just my face.

holy poo poo, he's the white Bill Duke

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

I wish Manchester United would sign a player.

A good one, preferably.

Seems like there are no credible reports of anything, and even the baseless rumors are lame. Ramos for DDG? Oh boy! :thumbsup:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea have signed Big Kris Nordveldt from Heerenveen to sit on the bench and watch Fabianski for the next 3 years.

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swansea-city-goalkeeper-kristoffer-nordfeldt-heerenveen-sweden-2503205.aspx

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

The Chronicle think Newcastle are willing to sell Cisse since other clubs are willing to pay £10m for him

I'm hoping this would only happen if Austin came in

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Healbot posted:

Johannes Geis from Mainz to Schalke is a Done Deal.

A couple of signs show that Kevin Trapp might make his way from Frankfurt to PSG, if Eintracht accepts the offer.

He's gonna fit right in.

EvilHawk posted:

There are actual, legitimate (I.e. not the Mirror/metro) sources saying Liverpool are after Firminho.

I have never really seen him play but lots of people are very excited about it.

Firmino is quality and he'd be an excellent signing for Liverpool.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bovril Delight posted:

I'm hoping this would only happen if Austin came in

I'd rather we just sign Austin and keep Cisse the money is there. Cisse has said he wants to stay too

At least the club are finally hiring some coaches

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Jose posted:

Cisse has said he wants to stay too

He says that but next thing you know he'll be off signing for someone else.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Pat Mustard posted:

He says that but next thing you know he'll be off signing for someone else.

why would he wonga do that?

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Spangly A posted:

Tbf everyone looks poo poo for Brazil, they're a bunch of bottling wasters led by a primadonna who overrates himself absurdly.

Well he's a natural for Liverpool then!!!!

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
"Chelsea’s Victor Moses reluctant to act as makeweight for Stoke’s Asmir Begovic."

Holy poo poo, Moses is still at Chelsea? :monocle:

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
The Firminho link has been there since last summer when he was on the back of that productive season but I've no idea if he was poo poo this last season or just how bad he has been for Brazil, so time for some furious YouTube'ing innit

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
He had another good season and has scored 4 in 9 for Brazil so far. Also there's no H in his name it's triggering me to see it everywhere

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
so that means his name is Big Firmin, right?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Are Liverpool really signing another striker? AFAI can tell they have Ings, Lambert, Origi, Balotelli, Borini, and Sturridge all on the books? That's a shockingly bad amalgamation of strikers btw.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

blue footed boobie posted:

Are Liverpool really signing another striker? AFAI can tell they have Ings, Lambert, Origi, Balotelli, Borini, and Sturridge all on the books? That's a shockingly bad amalgamation of strikers btw.

Borini is gone, Lambert/Balotelli are likely gone as well.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Firmino isn't really a striker

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

straight up brolic posted:

To be fair neither are half of the people on that list.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

straight up brolic posted:

I was asking more generally. There's been a lot of Liverpool striker talk itt.

EvilHawk posted:

Should probably make sure they are sold before you buy a seventh useless striker.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

Lambert can fit in with a lot of other sides, so him getting sold is possible.

Why would you think Balotelli can be sold though? Given his wages and the reputation he has gotten with Liverpool, Liverpool are going to be lucky to be able to send him out on loan without paying a majority of his salary.

I could easily see Borini staying around too. Are Sunderland still interested? Are there any solid Serie A links?

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Brony Car posted:

Are there any solid Serie A links?

Only to match fixing rings

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Brony Car posted:

Why would you think Balotelli can be sold though? Given his wages and the reputation he has gotten with Liverpool, Liverpool are going to be lucky to be able to send him out on loan without paying a majority of his salary.

I could easily see Borini staying around too. Are Sunderland still interested? Are there any solid Serie A links?

Italian clubs are extremely bad with money

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The only side that's mentioned Balotelli is Sampdoria but their president is a lunatic anyway and this was months ago.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Brony Car posted:

I'm not entirely sure Balotelli will be sold, probably loaned out. Either way he'll go to Italy.

There were some reports today that three clubs (including Sunderland) were interested in him. It was pretty clear last year that Rodgers has gone off him.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
always loved firm ninő

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lambert's on better wages at Liverpool than most clubs would be able to give him. Newcastle and Sunderland, maybe Villa?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

tbp posted:

always loved firm ninő
hello aatrek

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Insanely Sikh posted:

Go on then we're waiting, lmao

lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
el ninő was a traitor to liverpool - broke my heart when he left and all that. but firm will stay forever because of his steely convictions, and passion for the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Balotelli has been linked to Besiktas in the press in the last few days, haven't seen any real sources or anything though.

• Locked thread