Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Refuses to start for me if I edit those blur options.

Been a little while since I've seen a PC game that hides the advanced options. Come on Rocksteady, I thought we were past all these sorts of shenanigans?

Aquasnake posted:

Hey pc gamers that actually have it working. How are the controls? The game manual says takedowns are now alt+1-4 and the quickfire gadgets aren't mapped to anything? Is this true and if so how does it work?

Haven't got very far yet so I'm still being bombarded with new controls, but using the Batmobile on remote involves pressing '='.

I think they're taking the piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

lmao anyone who was tired of Joker and hoped he wasn't going to play a huge part in this one

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I've no idea what's up with all of you on PC with issues. Mine loaded and runs flawlessly. In fact the only issue i had was when i went in and tried to change the ini file from 30fps to 60 then the game wouldn't load.

What rigs are you all on because it's undoubtedly your setup.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Kin posted:

I've no idea what's up with all of you on PC with issues. Mine loaded and runs flawlessly. In fact the only issue i had was when i went in and tried to change the ini file from 30fps to 60 then the game wouldn't load.

What rigs are you all on because it's undoubtedly your setup.

Oh gently caress yeah undoubtedly, which is why turning MobilePostProcessBlurAmount to 0.0 actually makes the game run fine for me, that's totally my system's fault.

DirtyWorker
Jun 19, 2004

What is Afrika.. You can not comprehend, what afrika is!
^^^^Totally, gently caress our setups, alright.

You aren't having problems, which makes any problem everyone else is having their setup...? lol k

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
PS4 version is fantastic at least. Rock solid, constant 30 FPS. Not had a single dip even when there's 18 tanks driving around all firing at one another.

Batmobile feels a bit superflous but it's fun to drive around in and shoot stuff with, if only to hear goons freaking out about Batman going homicidal. Thug banter is great all around though it's hardly a surprise - heard them poo poo on everything from the Joker to how stupid the Arkham Knight is so far. :haw:

BillBear posted:

Hearing that Jonathan Banks sucks as Gordon hurts to hear, :(. I really like him and thought he would own as Gordon.

He just doesn't seem very interested in what he's doing unfortunately. Like someone's bored uncle wandered in and got thrown some lines to repeat into a microphone. It's a shame as Conroy by comparison really feels like he's putting his all in, and this is coming from someone who doesn't particularly enjoy his version of Batman.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

Oh gently caress yeah undoubtedly, which is why turning MobilePostProcessBlurAmount to 0.0 actually makes the game run fine for me, that's totally my system's fault.

DirtyWorker posted:

^^^^Totally, gently caress our setups, alright.

You aren't having problems, which makes any problem everyone else is having their setup...? lol k

Everyone is a bit of an exaggeration.

And what exactly are the specs of your systems?

My machine isn't magic, it's an nvidia 970 on the latest drivers with an i3570k processor and 8gb of ram. Hardly a unique or bespoke setup.

Works right out the box all settings cranked to max.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

KingLOCAR posted:

Alright, so based on a steam forum post it is recommended to go to the .ini and:

1. Change max fps to 120, not 60
2. Turn off all motion blur settings including MobilePostProcessBlurAmount to 0.0 as motion blur is bugged might be the ram leak.
3. Possibly change Texture Resolution to 2, to make it look better.

Obviously YMMV and backup your .ini so far so good for me

Tampering with any motion blur stuff in any way causes my game to start into a giant error log.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Kin posted:

My machine isn't magic, it's an nvidia 970 on the latest drivers with an i3570k processor and 8gb of ram. Hardly a unique or bespoke setup.

Cool.

net cafe scandal posted:

Tampering with any motion blur stuff in any way causes my game to start into a giant error log.

Don't tamper with the motion blur settings, just MobilePostProcessBlurAmount and the framerate, that did it for me.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
Yeah, it runs okayish on my system, definitely playable enough for me and the game itself is pretty drat good, it's just the PC port is godawful and really letting it down.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I can totally understand people being upset about the technical issues with the PC version, but gently caress if the game isn't great enough that I don't really care.

I mean, I'd really like if they fixed the frequent massive framerate drops, but I'm not going to fling poo poo because of it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

TheJoker138 posted:

He's the one piece of casting I really hate. Well, him and Tara Strong's version of Harley Quinn. They should have just gotten the guy from TAS, unless he's dead or something. Speaking of Strong, has there ever been any confirmation on why Arleen Sorkin stopped doing the voice after the first game? I remember hearing rumors of money issues before City but never saw anything official on why she was replaced.

Well she's pushing 60 so it's probably the same reasons the late Michael Ansara wasn't in City, combination of age making the gig hell on your voice or it just didn't sound right for WB as well as they might not be that interested in the role anymore. Maybe they don't go through the hell Hamil continues to endure, but Sorkin likely just didn't want to do it after Asylum.

And Jesus did this game get run over in the Steam reviews. Almost no game ever dips below mixed into mostly negative.

DirtyWorker
Jun 19, 2004

What is Afrika.. You can not comprehend, what afrika is!

Kin posted:

Actually curious to know in what reality your specs make a game crash and randomly delete itself. Please, do enlighten me.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I haven't hosed with the ini or anything and the game is running at a constant 30fps, its not 60 sure but it seems fine beyond that, haven't had any drops or anything.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So far the game runs smoothly, even though it's low. I don't really care for fog or any of the nvidia poo poo, however, as soon as i get off work, I am digging into the .ini file to get rid of that godamn motion blur, it's killing everything.

Also, what the poo poo? I got this from Green Man Gaming, a steam key, where's my dark knight and batman beyond skin? I got Harley Quinn DLC so it was a preorder?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is only the second time I've tried to read a thread for a new game with a simultaneous PC release and it will definitely be the last. Of course I know you'd all rather be off playing the game instead of in here complaining about errors and drivers but y'know......it's still tedious.

Anyway game is a lot of fun. Agreed that Banks is surprisingly flat as Gordon, and the Batmobile sections are definitely already too common (I'm not totally against the battle bits but who the hell thought car platforming sections would be a good idea?), but the core gameplay is still great and I like the changes to the fighting. I haven't had a riot yet but I'm really looking forward to that if the reports of 50+ enemies on screen are true.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Hahah wow, just yesterday I cancelled my PS4 preorder and bought a new 970 to play this on PC.

Whoops.

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k
Welp. Game just shat itself and Steam is now re-downloading another 35GB.

Wonder if one of the content servers was acting up during the pre-load? I got the same '4564 files failed to verify...' message.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Man, to come from the flawlessness that has been The Witcher 3 to attempting to even get this poo poo working is mildly upsetting. I'm sure the game is good and may even be playable at some point but at the moment gently caress this poo poo.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

One day I'll be able to play a game where I can leap off a tall building and not have the ground super suddenly texture-pop into existence.

Arkham Knight is not that game.

On the ps4, at least, the pop up is kinda similar to Arkham City - super obvious if you know where to look, but one hell of a drat fine illusion.

---

I spent a solid five or six hours playing mainly the core storyline, and its totally not what I expected - in a good way.

There's a super long "dungeon" that really takes advantage of the sheer scale the game world now allows - it took me probably over two hours to run through the whole section and the vast, vast majority of that was spent in gameplay.

The pacing is just totally different from City.

City was a cutscene and quick setpiece fiesta for its first few hours - Knight actually frontloads a ton of tutorials and solid-as-hell gameplay before really dipping into its plot.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Narcissus1916 posted:

One day I'll be able to play a game where I can leap off a tall building and not have the ground super suddenly texture-pop into existence.

Check out Sunsoft's Batman games then! :D

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/batman/batmansunsoft.htm

The Genesis one even has a fast Batmobile level where you ahoot missiles at tanks while cruising down the Gotham expressway!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I've just come home to my NZ PS4 and Batman's pre-order clock is gone. The download button is there, but all I get is errors back.
I presume the clock is down prematurely and it's not on the servers yet.

Also, this would be unlikely for an Arkham game, but can you use skins right off the bat in story mode?

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Teenage Fansub posted:

I've just come home to my NZ PS4 and Batman's pre-order clock is gone. The download button is there, but all I get is errors back.
I presume the clock is down prematurely and it's not on the servers yet.

Also, this would be unlikely for an Arkham game, but can you use skins right off the bat in story mode?

Yeah, I'm rocking dark knight returns fatman through the main story

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have West and his Batmobile.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Has the Beyond and DKR skin pack come out yet? I can't find any information on it.

Also, Adam West costume with 60s Batmobile is Life.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

holy jesus I picked this up at a midnight release last night and set it to download and install on my PS4 overnight, then went to bed. today I wake up to try to play it and after I load the game up, it's gotta install again? That no loading thing better be legit because lord almighty this is all the loading anybody should every need

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This thread is really quiet considering that this is the best and most epic game coming out this year until MGSV.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

This thread is really quiet considering that this is the best and most epic game coming out this year until MGSV.

The only console posters are complaining about PC posters/talking about their epic downloading the game stories, so I assume the others are in a gaming fugue.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I got two hours in last night. sad to hear the pc port is not doing so well. Game looks and feels great on xbox. I did notice a few performance drops, but they didn't bother me. Batmobile is cool but off to a bad start. I can't remap it's controls like a review said I could so I keep hitting turret mode instead of brake.
The story/bat man/everything else started really really strong. Im aching to keep playing.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I only had a few minutes this morning before I had to leave for work, but I knocked the Maxfps to 120 and put that post-MotionBlur setting to 0.000 and the game was definitely running smoother (I was having major tearing and stuttering just trying to grapple earlier), so that's a start. If anyone has any good tips on Batmobiling using a KB/M, let me know (I beat all the other games using KB/M, I'm not switching now--all that muscle memory is locked in.). I basically turn into Drunk Batman once I start driving.

The dialogue scenes seem so sleepy and there's always unnaturally long pauses after sentences, like there's a laugh track delay, and Gordon's new VA is not an improvement.

Countering a car headed towards you is always good fun, if you haven't tried it yet.

Looking forward to any and all patches that are in the pipeline.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The only console posters are complaining about PC posters/talking about their epic downloading the game stories, so I assume the others are in a gaming fugue.

It's 2:30pm and I've just realised I've not eaten anything yet...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I have a lovely old PC (Core 2 Duo E8600, 4GB RAM, HD6870 2GB) so I was basically just hoping the port would be as good as City's was to be able to play it :(

Well, at least I know I can run MGSV thanks to Ground Zeroes, but I am sad. Hopefully there's some robust performance patching, don't care if I have to play on minimum settings.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kin posted:

Ditto, although I'm on AMD Processor w/ssd, although the game is on a spinny platter.. 2560 x 1440 on the 970 and everything is buttery smooth. I may have 16Gb in it, but I don't recall.

Looked through the early reviews on Steam with a sinking feeling, so I stayed up to play some and nearly didn't get any sleep.

OneTrueBru posted:

Welp. Game just shat itself and Steam is now re-downloading another 35GB.

Wonder if one of the content servers was acting up during the pre-load? I got the same '4564 files failed to verify...' message.

I've had the decryption routine gently caress up before now, so I tend to verify integrity after installing or unlocking.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37KpOYVrLZM

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Technical Director Ben Wyatt? The universe is a weird place. I thought it was a Parks and Rec joke, but that seems to be a real dude who works at Rocksteady...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obYhewNyxuc

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

Hahah wow, just yesterday I cancelled my PS4 preorder and bought a new 970 to play this on PC.

Whoops.

I played a bunch of it last night with a 970. It worked perfectly fine with all the dumb nvidia poo poo turned on.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

floor is lava posted:

I played a bunch of it last night with a 970. It worked perfectly fine with all the dumb nvidia poo poo turned on.

Same here. I had frame dips only when going from "cutscenes" to gameplay.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Playing on a 970, latest driver. Seems pretty solid so far - minor issues here and there but not as bad as I thought it'd be.

Actual game is fantastic, though. Best Batman so far and I'm really digging it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I can understand where people are coming from with the Batmobile...but I'm someone who spent a good chunk of their time playing Brütal Legends just aimlessly driving the Druid Plow around. I love doing stuff in vehicles when the engine can properly handle it, and the Batmobile controls nice and smooth. I'm probably going to spend hours just cruising Gotham in my tank.

• Locked thread