Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Does traffic management count as a disaster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015
That's a terrible mess in The Worst Sim City too so it's a wash.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
It's a terrible mess in a good way in CS

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Contrecoup posted:

Are there disasters yet or is it still an unfinished version of the worst Sim City?

Your posts are a disaster.

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

Voyager I posted:

Sorry your favorite game is bad.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Voyager I posted:

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015
So that's a tear-stained no

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Voyager I posted:

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

Contrecoup posted:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Contrecoup posted:

You sound like an angry 15 year old a little bit.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Contrecoup posted:

Sorry your favorite game is bad.

You have bad opinions or are a bad troll; Either way your posting career does not have a positive outlook.

Anyways this mod was just released: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=466158459&searchtext=

You can choose between European or vanilla buildings by district.

Subyng fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 22, 2015

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Welp it took all of a week for me to become hopelessly addicted to this game. If SC2K was crack this thing is like... hypercrack.

Anyway I made a collection of churches and cathedrals because I'm a whore for that kind of architecture: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=466543164 at some point I may see about possibly rolling it all together into a compilation mod because as is this poo poo is all over the place (churches as education buildings? Hospitals? :wtc:) in terms of organization and stats.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Ped walkways should probably be in the road section. These things are magical.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

No city of mine is done until it looks like a horde of smooth-skinned grey alien spiders is menacing it.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

I just started playing this on my 1920x1080 TV and I desperately need a mod for larger text. I tried the one called "Text Scale Mod" and it doesn't work at my resolution. Anybody got a recommendation?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

El Jeffe posted:

I just started playing this on my 1920x1080 TV and I desperately need a mod for larger text. I tried the one called "Text Scale Mod" and it doesn't work at my resolution. Anybody got a recommendation?

Seconding this. Even when it scales correctly, the text will leak out of dialogue boxes.

Also I realized that, while having a total pedestrian city is awesome, I gave up all my extra income from mass transit.

I really miss small parks/plazas from Simcity. It would be nice if you could "paint" them in green space. The default parks are seemingly gigantic, even though the scale between the two games is very different

buglord fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 23, 2015

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Another post here lamenting the lack of a easy area filler mod. I want green spaces to be only where I desire. Not at every gap between buildings. I want my downtown area to just be all concrete.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Antti posted:

No city of mine is done until it looks like a horde of smooth-skinned grey alien spiders is menacing it.

I really wish there were a mod to allow you to zone residential and commercial along pedestrian pathways. I guess my next wish would be pedal-powered hearses and garbage collection.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Blimpkin posted:

Another post here lamenting the lack of a easy area filler mod. I want green spaces to be only where I desire. Not at every gap between buildings. I want my downtown area to just be all concrete.

that really just seems to come down to making sure that there is overlap between zoneable areas created by your roads :shrug:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Hadlock posted:

I really wish there were a mod to allow you to zone residential and commercial along pedestrian pathways. I guess my next wish would be pedal-powered hearses and garbage collection.

Isn't this a feature of Traffic++? I know that there is a mod which allows for this.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Isn't this a feature of Traffic++? I know that there is a mod which allows for this.

Yeah it is, and its great

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Welp it took all of a week for me to become hopelessly addicted to this game. If SC2K was crack this thing is like... hypercrack.

I got this game during the Steam Summer Sale and I feel the same way. I loved Sim City 2000 and played it to death and now I'm playing this game. I now feel like Gollum and this game is my precious.

I'm gonna try to play it on my HDTV tomorrow with my wireless keyboard and mouse.

And is there a way to unlock everything and have unlimited funds right from the start? I want to build a mega-city powered by fusion power plants (like I used to in SC2K) if they exist in this game.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Just got this on the summer sale, but away on business until Thursday. I lived the sim city games, time to get my mayor's chain out of storage.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

spasticColon posted:

And is there a way to unlock everything and have unlimited funds right from the start? I want to build a mega-city powered by fusion power plants (like I used to in SC2K) if they exist in this game.

I'm pretty sure there is both the option of unlimited money and having everything unlocked right away. The latter gives you some decent amount of starting cash because you get paid for unlocking milestones, iirc.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm still disappointed that nobody's made this unique building:

I'm gonna have to learn sketchup, aren't I.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I know this is basic but we can't seem to figure it out. I built my first city directly off the highway entrances. I have highways and exit ramps unlocked, and I can add them, but I can't figure out how to exit to the other side of the highway. That is, inbound highway traffic is on the left side and outbound is on the right, but I want to make an inbound exit ramp to an area that's to the right of the highway. Am I supposed to bulldoze the highway and put in a cloverleaf? I'm terrified to mess with the highway because I already have huge traffic problems coming into the city. I tried elevating an exit ramp with PgUp/PgDn, but it still says the space is blocked.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Usually the thing blocking elevated roads is pillar placement. Try to build a piece of elevated road right next to the highway to force a pillar there. From there to middle of the two highways... and from there to other side.

Also... bulldozing is never wrong.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Alternately get the mod that allows you to toggle pillars.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I wish there was some kind of mod that gives you tools for aligning any kind of road and whatnot to each other. The inner sperg in me flips out whenever I find Highways where the opposite lanes aren't going parallel to each other, or curves that aren't smooth all the way through.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Slashrat posted:

I wish there was some kind of mod that gives you tools for aligning any kind of road and whatnot to each other. The inner sperg in me flips out whenever I find Highways where the opposite lanes aren't going parallel to each other, or curves that aren't smooth all the way through.

There are a lot of parkways in the northeast that are just like this, though. I never really noticed it until after I started playing Cities, but I've been on parkways where there will be times where you can't even SEE the oncoming side due to differences in elevation, hills, one side making a really wide bend with forest in the middle, etc.

But yeah, in-game I sperg over that as well...

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Slashrat posted:

The Precision Engineering mod will help you with that.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Is there a mod that will help me if I want to connect point A to point B with an elevated street but I don't want to design the street and its elevation changes and all that?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Subyng posted:

The Precision Engineering mod will help you with that.

Thank you! This looks almost exactly like what I had in mind,

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

I wish there was a way to rebalance the game so that you achieve the basic milestones with level of economic activity instead of population. That way you could play it easy by just increasing population, or you could go a more tricky route of trying to get an extremely economically powerful city going with limited space/population. This is mostly because my computer begins to grind to a halt at a certain point, even with the frame rate limiter thingy.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Pile of Kittens posted:

I wish there was a way to rebalance the game so that you achieve the basic milestones with level of economic activity instead of population. That way you could play it easy by just increasing population, or you could go a more tricky route of trying to get an extremely economically powerful city going with limited space/population. This is mostly because my computer begins to grind to a halt at a certain point, even with the frame rate limiter thingy.

Play with everything unlocked?

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

On the topic of pedestrian overpass spider-death:

I just discovered these and I'm in love. Stair technology!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=434623907
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=438358180

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Baronjutter posted:

Play with everything unlocked?

That takes all the fun out of it!

uncle wrinkles
May 27, 2006

WOW I AM A SHITTY POST COOL HUH

Slashrat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ZlwagXrbg

Not a one-click solution and quite possibly old news, but useful as gently caress if you don't already know it.

(skip to 0:32)

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
e:nm

buglord fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Pile of Kittens posted:

That takes all the fun out of it!

Counter-intuitively it is more challenging because you have to take care of all the cim's needs at once instead of staggered and you don't have the money early on to do it.