Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

work crew trends the same way and besides like 2 people is all well adjusted adults bullshitting

everyone in nite crew are broke-brain retards who are obsessed with irony and anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

:suicide:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Spaceman Future! posted:

*woodrow slyly tries to slip his cellphone number onto the bottom left of the gif*

"now, now they will finally call, my eternal loneliness will be broken"

haha

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

joeburz posted:

coming from an irishman, lmao

The leader of the losing side In the Irish Civil War became prime minister and father of the republic.

Not that many people call him a Traitor

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Likewise not many people would call Collins a traitor.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jagchosis posted:

i think chat thread's elitism intimidates people away. in my view its largely the best educated/has the oldest posters of any thread in dnd and we treat people like poo poo

Maybe we need full capitalism

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

kustomkarkommando posted:

Likewise not many people would call Collins a traitor.

Nor, indeed, do British people call you traitors nowadays.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/prof-i-chose-not-to-have-children-because-theyd-be-white/

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

mooyashi posted:

how has this thread not largely been invaded by idiots despite them making up a lot of bad D&D threads

Well, I post here, so...

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

diddy no!!!

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Swinging a kettle bell at someone's head is pretty loving aggressive

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Oberleutnant posted:

I just had lunch with a guy who turned out to be a former officer with the rhodesian army :catstare:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Jagchosis posted:

i think chat thread's elitism intimidates people away. in my view its largely the best educated/has the oldest posters of any thread in dnd and we treat people like poo poo

I don't think it's elitism. It's just that since this thread's primarily focus is to just bullshit and post with with extreme sarcasm, newcomers just take us for jerks. Like I recall that one "activist guy" that came in and posted about protested minimum wage by coming into a mcdonalds with bags of pennies, we post one sarcastic comment about how it wouldn't work and the guy completely flipped itt.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

forbidden lesbian posted:

everyone in nite crew are broke-brain retards who are obsessed with irony and anime

sounds okay

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

forbidden lesbian posted:

so just like 50% of this thread then

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

The leader of the losing side In the Irish Civil War became prime minister and father of the republic.

Not that many people call him a Traitor

well i mean the acw was several orders of magnitude more destructive than the icw so its maybe only natural there would be more hard feelings

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Gravel Gravy posted:

I don't think it's elitism. It's just that since this thread's primarily focus is to just bullshit and post with with extreme sarcasm, newcomers just take us for jerks. Like I recall that one "activist guy" that came in and posted about protested minimum wage by coming into a mcdonalds with bags of pennies, we post one sarcastic comment about how it wouldn't work and the guy completely flipped itt.

if you cant handle people being dicks at you randomly when youre dumb im confused why youd ever post in any thread

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

AD 32:
Jesus gets what's coming to him

Or: AD 33: Jesus gets what's coming to him

quote:

Jesus died on Friday, April 3, 33AD, according to an investigation which matches his death to an earthquake.

The investigation, from the International Geology Review, looked at earthquake activity around the Dead Sea, which is around 13 miles from Jerusalem.

The Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 27, says that as Jesus lay dying on the cross, an earthquake shook the area, scattering graves and making the sky go dark.

All four gospels and Tacitus in Annals (XV,44) agree that the crucifixion occurred when Pontius Pilate was procurator of Judea from 26-36 AD

All four gospels say the crucifixion occurred on a Friday

All four gospels agree that Jesus died a few hours before the beginning of the Jewish Sabbath (nightfall on a Friday)

The synoptic gospels (Matthew, Mark, and Luke) indicate that Jesus died before nightfall on the 14th day of Nisan; right before the start of the Passover meal

The researchers said that these clues, combined with the Jewish calendar and astronomy clues, indicate that Friday April 3, 33 AD is the best possible match.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Gravel Gravy posted:

That was HollisMason
I'm guessing you don't read Batman's Shameful Secret or the Tradgames subforum, because otherwise you'd know he's a huge mondo idiot rear end in a top hat who everyone hates

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

LorrdErnie posted:

if you cant handle people being dicks at you randomly when youre dumb im confused why youd ever post in any thread

Welcome to the internet. But you are right, the problem is everyone else, not us :tinfoil:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gravel Gravy posted:

Muahahaha! TAKE THAT CORPORATE OVERLORDS!

*minimum wage worker sighs and starts counting*

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Small Frozen Thing posted:

That was HollisMason
I'm guessing you don't read Batman's Shameful Secret or the Tradgames subforum, because otherwise you'd know he's a huge mondo idiot rear end in a top hat who everyone hates

Oh cool then we were justified.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volkerball posted:

Yeah, it was still a very dumb idea.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volkerball posted:

*Miscounts and register ends up short. Manager takes the difference out of their paycheck.*

:capitalism:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Gravel Gravy posted:

Oh cool then we were justified.

I remember reading his posts here and thinking "Ah, I see HollisMason's ideas w/r/t politics are about as well-thought-out as his ones regarding everything else, makes sense"

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Gravel Gravy posted:

I miss the laughing gas at the dentist. Why did they start injecting poo poo into the jaw?

you can probably request it

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Gravel Gravy posted:

Welcome to the internet. But you are right, the problem is everyone else, not us :tinfoil:

this but unironically

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

That was HollisMason

this usually ends up being the case when someone breaks down over minor teasing

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

I remember reading his posts here and thinking "Ah, I see HollisMason's ideas w/r/t politics are about as well-thought-out as his ones regarding everything else, makes sense"

I stopped reading BSS when the CAD thread started probably well after it started getting creepy.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

LorrdErnie posted:

you can probably request it

If only I didn't have to work today

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Gravel Gravy posted:

If only I didn't have to work today

you also can buy it for home relatively inexpensively and its a lot of good fun

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

That was HollisMason

it's a good thing i base all my opinions on people off copying other poster's opinions

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

mooyashi posted:

DadChat is actually my twitter feed for people that have to scroll by it instead of choosing to

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That guy had a point though. We are getting complacent in our old age. We need to get active again. What have you all done to further the cause today? I bought an off brand slim jim instead of buying from a corporation.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Chantilly Say posted:

it's a good thing i base all my opinions on people off copying other poster's opinions

We allow empty quoting here.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Chantilly Say posted:

Sorry, let me amend that: I know HollisMason is a huge idiot rear end in a top hat because I frequently see his huge idiot rear end in a top hat posts in BSS and Tradgames.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volkerball posted:

That guy had a point though. We are getting complacent in our old age. We need to get active again. What have you all done to further the cause today? I bought an off brand slim jim instead of buying from a corporation.

I asked the receptionist at the dentist how she was, she said fine. She asked how I was and I said I was fine.

We live in a very caring society.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Gravel Gravy posted:

We allow empty quoting here.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Chantilly Say posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

well i mean the acw was several orders of magnitude more destructive than the icw so its maybe only natural there would be more hard feelings

The american civil war was much much more destructive but the Irish civil war still informs and shapes Irish politics in a way very similar to America, it was an extremely acrimonious conflict and lingering distrust between the two sides was (and still is) a massive part of Irish political life.

There is still a lot of rhetoric about which side was in the wrong from both camps but accusations of treason don't get thrown around that frequently, that usually the reserve of ultra-nationalists who accuse people of treason for shaking hands with the queen.

• Locked thread