Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

Don't like the Dunleavy comparison. Dekker isn't as good a shooter and is more athletic. Someone on ESPN compared him to Jeff Green and I really like that.

Jeff Green is a very good comparison. A Jeff Green with shorter arms and much less who says no potential. I said Dunleavy because of the range of stuff he can do, trying to figure out someone known for being versatile on offense and solid in lots of categories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I've looked through a couple of mock drafts, what are some prospects for the Warriors that might still be available at #30 that have a chance of turning into more of a Festus Ezeli or Draymond Green than another Euro Derrick Rose?

I'm assuming at least 2 out of Rush, Holiday, Barbosa and Nedovic aren't gonna be on next year's roster, are there any good wings / combo guards who can shoot projected to go in that range?

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 23, 2015

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dude is gonna be like 7'3" in shoes and he moves around like a SF. I'm officially on Team Kristaps.

e: This is what people said about John Bender, isn't it?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Paul Zuvella posted:

Dude is gonna be like 7'3" in shoes and he moves around like a SF. I'm officially on Team Kristaps.

e: This is what people said about John Bender, isn't it?

Zingis has basketball skills though

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jon Bender was gonna be good before his knees exploded, screw y'all

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
People pushing for RJ Hunter over Devin Booker are probably wrong, right?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

Better to have his knee explode and have everyone wonder what could have been than stick around and turn into a boring, generic big man like Anthony Randolph

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

MourningView posted:

Jon Bender was cool in a video game I played as a kid :colbert:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Draft Express does good mocks but I'm convinced they have no idea what NBA teams needs actually are.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Somebody tell me why Oubre is slipping, because I absolutely don't get it.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I just spent 2 hours on youtube and I'm convinced; Hezonja is going to be the best player in this class

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Spacebump posted:

It'd be really cool if the Mavs could draft someone that's still on the team in 4 years.

They shoulda hung on to this guy

quote:

"Strategy-wise, we stay pretty consistent," Rockets vice president Gersson Rosas said. "Our focus is always on draft the best player available.

Of course, he learned from the master

quote:

"We're still focused on the best player available," Morey said via text message.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

kiimo posted:

Ill-defined skillset that may also be nonexistent. His big positive attributes beyond his size and athleticism are that he shot 36% from 3 and showed some defensive flashes. He's a long-term project by consensus basically. I'd be happy if OKC drafted him if Payne is gone.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

People pushing for RJ Hunter over Devin Booker are probably wrong, right?

I don't think so, but that's just me. Hunter is a way better shooter than he got to show last year; he had to force up a lot of awful shots because he was the only dude on the team who could score. He's shot well on threes in the past and is a good free throw shooter. Booker did basically nothing except shoot wide open threes which probably skewed his numbers a bit (he also cooled down a lot after an absolutely absurd start to the year). Consensus seems to mostly favor Booker though so probably ignore me.

kiimo posted:

He's not very good right now and there are a glut of wings who are farther along. The potential is there but he seems pretty far from reaching it. Dude cannot dribble at all, his jumper is really streaky, and he needs to bulk up a lot. He seems like Jeremy Lamb but with worse offensive numbers.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 23, 2015

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
SI.com on the Knicks...

New York Knicks
Team needs: Point guard, shooting guard, small forward, power forward, center

Hilarious.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

straight up brolic posted:

I just spent 2 hours on youtube and I'm convinced; Hezonja is going to be the best player in this class

I like him too but his ballhandling and vision seem real suspect. His strengths and weaknesses remind me a lot of JR.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

straight up brolic posted:

He is the player I want to fall to Detroit more than any other now that it appears likely there's no way Porzingis drops past five.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Here is a mock draft by various beat writers
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/06/23/nba-beat-writers-mock-draft/0iJu8dfnZMtRq38OvkvmQK/story.html

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Hezonja is the Croatian Ricky Davis and he will finally push me to buy League Pass so I can actually watch the Pistons

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:laffo: Lyles at #4

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Now that I'm finally looking through draft prospects, I have to say Jerian Grant really seems like a Morey draft pick to me.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

chunkles posted:

Now that I'm finally looking through draft prospects, I have to say Jerian Grant really seems like a Morey draft pick to me.

Yeah but Jones seems like more of one and plays the same position.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Grant is an upperclassman, he's demonstrated some shot creation ability which gives Morey an insta-hardon. People talk a lot about advanced stats re: potential Rockets picks but as far as I can tell their real strategy (keeping in mind that Morey's never drafted above 12) has been buying low on older players who generally break into the rotation earlier in their rookie contracts.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rumor of Philly's #35 and #37 for Portland's #23.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Who is around at 20-25 that the Sixers could be targeting?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

aBagorn posted:

Its better talent than available at 35ish.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

aBagorn posted:

RJ Hunter hopefully

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I wonder if they're worried about McDaniels type guys becoming more common and want that 4 year guarantee.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

aBagorn posted:

Lots of guys. Maybe they're hoping Looney/Oubre fall? Maybe Justin Anderson, Cliff Alexander, orRJ Hunter? Maybe they want to Cabocolo Shawn Dawson of Israel?

They need to start building a roster of real NBA players. Using 2 of their 6 2nd round picks to make an attempt is probably a good idea.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 24, 2015

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

chunkles posted:

I wonder if they're worried about McDaniels type guys becoming more common and want that 4 year guarantee.

Yahtzee. I would be *shocked* if the Sixers don't pick more than once in the first round on Thursday.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My fist sighting of a Lakers fan advocating they draft Mario Hezonja at #2 happened today.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rick posted:

My fist sighting of a Lakers fan advocating they draft Mario Hezonja at #2 happened today.

Many of my close friends are saying "draft Russell so he can train under Kobe" lmao

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Dejan Bimble posted:

Lots of guys. Maybe they're hoping Looney/Oubre fall? Maybe Justin Anderson, Cliff Alexander, or RJ Hunter? Maybe they want to Cabocolo Shawn Dawson of Israel?

They need to start building a roster of real NBA players. Using 2 of their 6 2nd round picks to make an attempt is probably a good idea.

Delon Wright or Jerian Grant would be really nice additions if they could move up a few more spots. A whole lot of Sixers bloggers have a raging boner over Dawson, but I know nothing about him.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I was really pissed at the Raptors when they traded the Jonathan Bender pick for Dale Davis.

Are those Kristaps measurements legit? I saw had him listed at 7'0", being 7'1" without shoes probably has him as the tallest player in the league as soon as Bhullar is waived/dies of a heart attack. It also means he's even skinnier than previously thought.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

I was really pissed at the Raptors when they traded the Jonathan Bender pick for Dale Davis.

Are those Kristaps measurements legit? I saw had him listed at 7'0", being 7'1" without shoes probably has him as the tallest player in the league as soon as Bhullar is waived/dies of a heart attack. It also means he's even skinnier than previously thought.

Legit and as recent as last week I think.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Redgrendel2001 posted:

A Russel-Hunter backcourt would be fun

Not sure what Portland gets out of this?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DOOP posted:

A Russel-Hunter backcourt would be fun

Not sure what Portland gets out of this?

Cap space

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wesley Matthews wants $15M so Portland has to make room I guess

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Ajinca is probably taller. Also, a lot more stiff and probably even skinnier legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Metapod posted:

Cap space

Maybe they have their eye on multiple guys and one is a Eurostash guy like Cedi Osman in the 2nd round?

They don't really need cap space unless they're resigning everyone to bonkers contracts. Jesus, Portland could be a completely different team next year; Aldridge, Matthews, Lopez, Afflalo gone leaving essentially Lilliard with Batum+McCollum+Leonard.

Also, Phil Jackson strongly hinting that the Knicks won't be trading down.
http://nypost.com/2015/06/23/phil-jackson-douses-trade-talk-signals-knicks-will-pick-at-no-4/

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 24, 2015

• Locked thread