Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Daimo posted:

20% off at thinkgeek today so why not?

Why isn't this red?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

It wouldn't be very tactical.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seriouspost: Moon Base Alpha patches aside the tit pockets make it look bad.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

I didn't even notice the Star Wars thing before two words came to my mind: daily carry.

Well...

A Phaser is concealable.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

VendaGoat posted:

Well...

A Phaser is concealable.

Phasers are so not tacticool.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

strangemusic posted:

Phasers are so not tacticool.

It is if its a matte black phaser.
My stapler is also tacticool.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Just pre-ordered one of these from bestbuy

Now to wait a month for it to get here.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
The score to Schubert's Impromptu Op. 90 No. 4 in Ab Major. I haven't really been keeping up on playing and it's good finger practice to get back to what I had been playing before.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Got a dinged up old chromebook on ebay for cheap :shepspends:

Can't wait for it to come in though. Been looking for a WRITING ONLY AND NOTHING ELSE YOU FUCKWIT GET TO WORK kinda laptop so this might just be the kick in the pants I need to finish my book.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Can't wait for it to come in though. Been looking for a WRITING ONLY AND NOTHING ELSE YOU FUCKWIT GET TO WORK kinda laptop so this might just be the kick in the pants I need to finish my book.

I could have sold you my Toshiba Satellite Pro. It has a Pentium processor and Microsoft Word so you'd have been all set. It even goes on-line with a PCMCIA card.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Just get a typwriter, you can do tons of other poo poo on a chromebook. Or get something really ancient with no internet connectivity. Or you could write by hand, but that may lead to drawing. Your best bet is a chisel and stone tablet.

colas has a new favorite as of 00:44 on Jun 23, 2015

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Finally pulled the trigger.

Herman Miller Embody

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Etrips posted:

Finally pulled the trigger.

Herman Miller Embody

I have a decade old Leap and a, thinking about upgrading. Please post a trip report on this, since it looks super close to the Leap I have loved.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Just booked my vacation...

And then whatever I hit on the way home. :D

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

VendaGoat posted:

Just booked my vacation...

And then whatever I hit on the way home. :D

That's quite an odd combination. Denver's awesome, you'll love it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

big mean giraffe posted:

That's quite an odd combination. Denver's awesome, you'll love it.

I'm driving there. Stops along the way.

I've been to both Denver and Chicago before and I would recommend them to anyone who enjoys travel. Des Moines, well, I just want a burger. :D

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

VendaGoat posted:

I've been to both Denver and Chicago before and I would recommend them to anyone who enjoys travel. Des Moines, well, I just want a burger. :D

Check out the Cherry Cricket, they have a pretty good burger IMO.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Preorder of Vikings, by the New Politics. Comes with a signed CD, t-shirt, and some patches, not bad for $25.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Who had a reflective blob first, Denver or Chicago?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

Then you should go to Kuma's in Chicago. :rock:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

big mean giraffe posted:

rockcity posted:

Then you should go to Kuma's in Chicago. :rock:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

big mean giraffe posted:

Their avocado melt is okay too. :suicide:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Ah, my old building. It was heartwarming to see it at the bottom of the ocean in "Waterworld."

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Just bought a minivan disguised as an SUV

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Just bought a minivan disguised as an SUV

Seems like its getting much closer to the Flex than the F150. Still nice for a burly minivan.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Yea, I wanted a sport wagon like the audi allroad but my wife is the one actually driving this car and she preferred the taller seating. It's still just a big station wagon but not very sporty :shrug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Have you tried adding flame decals?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I was thinking racing stripes down the hood, taking suggestions on color to go with that brown.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I was thinking racing stripes down the hood, taking suggestions on color to go with that brown.

Pink.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What you need are speed holes. They make the car go faster.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Where I Live.

Woman: "I want it where I sit up high."
Man: "But what about literally every one of hundreds of other qualities that differentiate vehicles from one another like perform..."
Woman: "Don't Care."

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

shopping fills the void :/

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A couple pages ago there was a discussion about Herman Miller Aeron chairs. I found a new one being sold on Ebay, with free pickup near me, for $300. Can anyone tell me if this is a good price for one of these? Are there any accessories or whatever that are a must have? Any insight is appreciated :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Herman-Miller-Aeron-Office-Desk-Ergonomic-Chair-Size-B-NEW-/181783696023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a53271297

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

A couple pages ago there was a discussion about Herman Miller Aeron chairs. I found a new one being sold on Ebay, with free pickup near me, for $300. Can anyone tell me if this is a good price for one of these? Are there any accessories or whatever that are a must have? Any insight is appreciated :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Herman-Miller-Aeron-Office-Desk-Ergonomic-Chair-Size-B-NEW-/181783696023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a53271297

Yes, that's a good price. It doesn't have ALL the options, but it has the important one: adjustable armrest height. I say go for it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can I ask how you know it has adjustable armrest height? I looked over the listing and didn't see it mentioned anywhere. I guess you can see it in the picture? Also, can options be added later, or am I stuck with what it's got?

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
The bit of the back of the armrest flips up & lets you slide it up and down.

The other options are pretty inconsequential: a different backrest, some more advanced tilt adjustments that you use once & then never again. I don't know if you can add them afterwards, but I don't know that you'd want to either. Here's a link to the full configurator so you can see you're really not missing out on much.

http://www.hermanmiller.com/product-configurators/aeron-chairs.html

e: \/\/\/ congrats, good purchase. Although I didn't have any problems with back pain, my posture is *much* better now that I have a good thing to sit on @ work and at home.

FormatAmerica has a new favorite as of 17:39 on Jun 24, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks for all the info! I'm gonna pull the trigger. Hooray for my back!

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
ive had one for a 4+ years and I like it. no wear and tear, and it supports my retarded back and neck.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

blarzgh posted:

Where I Live.

Woman: "I want it where I sit up high."
Man: "But what about literally every one of hundreds of other qualities that differentiate vehicles from one another like perform..."
Woman: "Don't Care."

Smart woman. Performance really doesn't matter unless you're towing something. What matters is seeing out of the god drat vehicle and since women are (generally) shorter than men, sitting up high is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Jerry Cotton posted:

Smart woman. Performance really doesn't matter unless you're towing something. What matters is seeing out of the god drat vehicle and since women are (generally) shorter than men, sitting up high is a good thing.

But getting an SUV just makes the entire vehicle taller, it doesn't help you see the road in and of itself. You still need to properly adjust the seat height/position like you would in any car. I've seen plenty of short people driving SUV's who aren't sitting in the correct position are are therefore completely oblivious to the cars immediately surrounding them.

Speaking of cars I purchased 4 tire pressure sensors for the wheels I got a while back. Guy who did the wheels didn't realize my oem wheel's sensors wouldn't fit the new ones, so he said he'd install them for free once I bought them.