Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Random question, but does anybody know if you can ship the awesome Starbucks mugs back to the resort? On one hand, it's merch you're buying on property, on the other, it's a loving Starbucks. I just hate carrying stuff around all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'm pretty sure you can.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Tim Whatley posted:

Random question, but does anybody know if you can ship the awesome Starbucks mugs back to the resort? On one hand, it's merch you're buying on property, on the other, it's a loving Starbucks. I just hate carrying stuff around all day.

Anything you buy can be picked up at the end of the day at guest services or some other designated location at the park entrance. Not sure about back to your resort because that is much more effort if they are not going to charge you.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Pretty much all the Disney park gift shops will send your purchases either to your resort gift shop (Value and Moderate guests) or your resort room (Deluxe resort guests). I don't see why Starbucks would be any different.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Braksgirl posted:

Pretty much all the Disney park gift shops will send your purchases either to your resort gift shop (Value and Moderate guests) or your resort room (Deluxe resort guests). I don't see why Starbucks would be any different.

Yeah I always do this. It's on the house. I don't need to be walking around with glass or art when I hop on Space Mountain. Good to know. Thanks guys.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

2016 packages are able to be booked today. Disney changed the payment deadlines for packages as well. Final payment is now due 30 days before check in as opposed to the 45 days before that it used to be. It's still 45 days for 2015 packages, just to clarify.

Resonance22
Dec 17, 2006

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Disney World mid to late October, 2015. We live near Disneyland, so we’re planning on skipping Magical Kingdom. Currently, we’re planning on getting a 3 day pass, one day for each park. I’ve also never been to a water park, so I’m kind of interested in spending a 4th day there. Is this a reasonable outline of a plan? Any other suggestions? I’m open to making it 4 days + park hopper + water parks if it's worthwhile!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

It's reasonable, I suppose, if you like missing the best park that WDW has. I wouldn't skip Magic Kingdom, even though you've done Disneyland. They're different. But if you're determined to do that, then a park a day plus a water park is not a bad plan.

If I can help, send me a PM.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Resonance22 posted:

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Disney World mid to late October, 2015. We live near Disneyland, so we’re planning on skipping Magical Kingdom. Currently, we’re planning on getting a 3 day pass, one day for each park. I’ve also never been to a water park, so I’m kind of interested in spending a 4th day there. Is this a reasonable outline of a plan? Any other suggestions? I’m open to making it 4 days + park hopper + water parks if it's worthwhile!

Ive been to Disneyland a billion times and I still get a lot out of Magic Kingdom. If you do get park hoppers, no reason not to hit up MK at some point. Hit MK in the morning on one day and use your FP+'s on the unique rides there (and then like do lunch Be Our Guest). You can get your fill and hit Epcot in the afternoon/evening. You won't have to worry about Soarin' since its at DCA. So just single rider Test Track and boom, MK and Epcot. Could also replace Ep with AK or HS. Two of the three big tickets at HS are Toy Story and Tower of Terror, which are at DCA. Fantasmic is better at Disneyland. Star Tours is the same at both. Although ToT is better at HS since it's random. AK has a few E ticket rides, but is probably best to do in the morning so you can actually see the animals when they are awake.

Yeah, drat, except for Aerosmith, there's not much at HS you haven't already seen. You could easily do HS and AK in a single day.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Resonance22 posted:

The water parks are pretty good, but they don't require a full day. I'd recommend going in the morning when the crowds are lighter, and then migrating somewhere else.

The Water Parks and More tickets also give you passes to the two miniature golf courses, both of which are excellent. One is right next to Blizzard Beach, and the other is near the Swan and Dolphin, which you can walk to from the back entrance of Epcot.

You should definitely do Magic Kingdom. My wife and I don't have kids, but there are enough things there to occupy most of a day.

For a four-day visit, I'd recommend spending a day at Magic Kingdom, a day at Epcot/World Showcase, a day split between Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, and a day for water parks / mini-golf / eating / shopping / revisiting whichever park you liked most.

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

BlueBayou posted:

Ive been to Disneyland a billion times and I still get a lot out of Magic Kingdom. If you do get park hoppers, no reason not to hit up MK at some point. Hit MK in the morning on one day and use your FP+'s on the unique rides there (and then like do lunch Be Our Guest). You can get your fill and hit Epcot in the afternoon/evening. You won't have to worry about Soarin' since its at DCA. So just single rider Test Track and boom, MK and Epcot. Could also replace Ep with AK or HS. Two of the three big tickets at HS are Toy Story and Tower of Terror, which are at DCA. Fantasmic is better at Disneyland. Star Tours is the same at both. Although ToT is better at HS since it's random. AK has a few E ticket rides, but is probably best to do in the morning so you can actually see the animals when they are awake.

Yeah, drat, except for Aerosmith, there's not much at HS you haven't already seen. You could easily do HS and AK in a single day.

This is what my grandmother calls "borrowing trouble."

So what if you are a prude, as long as you're a happy prude? And why are you worrying about your future single self's ability to find someone to gently caress? You don't even know what your future single self will be like, so how could you POSSIBLY predict how attractive he'll be, who he'll know (and therefore who might or might not want to have sex with him) or even, you know, if he'll exist.

This is a colossal waste of your time and energy. Take stock of what you like about your life and yourself, make a plan to fix the things you don't, nurture your marriage, and go have a beer or something; Jesus.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

on spec posted:

So what if you are a prude, as long as you're a happy prude? And why are you worrying about your future single self's ability to find someone to gently caress? You don't even know what your future single self will be like, so how could you POSSIBLY predict how attractive he'll be, who he'll know (and therefore who might or might not want to have sex with him) or even, you know, if he'll exist.

This is a colossal waste of your time and energy. Take stock of what you like about your life and yourself, make a plan to fix the things you don't, nurture your marriage, and go have a beer or something; Jesus.
What on earth?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

on spec posted:

I feel that this was the first draft for Tiana in the Princess and the Frog.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I'm about to enjoy 5 nights of Disney Vero Beach with the wife. God I can't wait.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

on spec posted:

I remember this post from somewhere; I just can't pinpoint exactly what...

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

nimper posted:

I remember this post from somewhere; I just can't pinpoint exactly what...

It was an E/N post where like 50 people thought it would be funny to post the exact same thing in someones thread, then it began leaking into all the other E/N threads, and now it's found it's way here.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Old Man Pants posted:

It was an E/N post where like 50 people thought it would be funny to post the exact same thing in someones thread, then it began leaking into all the other E/N threads, and now it's found it's way here.

I never imagined FYAD would leak into the Disney World thread.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Man. I just do not get the appeal of the Toy Story ride. Like I've been on it, and it's fun. But not 60 minutes standby fun. Is it because it has no height restriction so kids of all ages can ride?

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

BlueBayou posted:

Man. I just do not get the appeal of the Toy Story ride. Like I've been on it, and it's fun. But not 60 minutes standby fun. Is it because it has no height restriction so kids of all ages can ride?

I literally saw a couple bring their twin NEWBORNS on the ride and held them the entire ride and simply held them in their arms. In addition to their other two kids who were also young. I hadn't rode it before and thought they were crazy. I rode the ride and still thought they were crazy.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

I waited 3 hours to ride this thing once. It was like the week it opened and it wasn't worth it tbh. I have no idea why my brother and I did that.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

BlueBayou posted:

Yes. That's exactly it. It's 1 of 2 rides in the park (with only 5 rides to begin with) that the whole family can ride. And the other one sucks balls. So it has a huge line up.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Happitoo posted:

Yes. That's exactly it. It's 1 of 2 rides in the park (with only 5 rides to begin with) that the whole family can ride. And the other one sucks balls. So it has a huge line up.

And that's why DHS is my least favorite park.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
God they need to add some stuff to HS.

AK doesn't have a lot of rides, but at least it has animals to look at. And drat, it actually has a fair number of rides. Plus Avatar will add more stuff.

God they need to fix HS worse than they needed to fix DCA.

I had an interview with Parks and Resorts out of college.... still mad I didn't get the job. I COULD HAVE FIXED THIS. I'll have to apply again when I finish my PhD.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I still say HS has more to do/ride than EPCOT:

Great movie ride
Toy Story
Aerosmith
Star Wars
Tower of Terror

All great rides, plus a ton of real stage shows and Fantasmic to end the night.

EPCOT has:

Test Track
Soarin
Mission Space
a bunch of mediocre outdated junk (Ellen)
A few meh dark rides (Nemo, Figment)

So two great rides and a lot of ok-bad ones, plus a few sideshow scale performances in the countries and Illuminations, which is nothing compared to Fantasmic

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

I still say HS has more to do/ride than EPCOT:

Great movie ride
Toy Story
Aerosmith
Star Wars
Tower of Terror

All great rides, plus a ton of real stage shows and Fantasmic to end the night.

EPCOT has:

Test Track
Soarin
Mission Space
a bunch of mediocre outdated junk (Ellen)
A few meh dark rides (Nemo, Figment)

So two great rides and a lot of ok-bad ones, plus a few sideshow scale performances in the countries and Illuminations, which is nothing compared to Fantasmic

I feel like HS has specific attractions, but at a certain point, there's just nothing else to do. At least at EPCOT, you can wander around the world showcase and look at the various pavilions. I can easily see myself spending a full day at EPCOT, but no way at HS.

For kids, Im sure HS has more to fill the day, but as an adult, EP is the way to go.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
What epcot lacks in rides, it makes up for in drinking, shopping, and immersion.
Part of the reason toy Story waits are outrageous are because their fastpass allotment is through the roof and the ride has awful throughput.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
That should be alleviated quite a bit when the third track opens. Same with Soarin, but while I believe Soarin will be a third theater that can be utilized for standby based on operational need toy story won't be able to be as easily utilized for standby and might just be FastPass only. The wait times should plummet if that's the case.

And when they finally expand everything there.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

BlueBayou posted:

Agreed. It is fun, but I've read guides that suggested you literally run to it as soon as the gates open if you want to ride it. When we went, we got there when the park opened and there was an instant 90 minute wait. Epcot was ok, but I still felt like I paid to get into a fancy food court.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I won't even attempt Toy Story Mania unless A) I have a fast pass in hand, or B) the wait time is 30 minutes or less. Shy of either scenario, it's not worth it, as fun as it is.

And I like Epcot more than DHS, but I think DHS definitely has more to actually do. Unless you really like to shop and spend money on food.

By the way, does anyone else here pin trade? If so, is it just me or have the CM lanyards to trade with been total poo poo for a long time now?

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Doronin posted:

By the way, does anyone else here pin trade? If so, is it just me or have the CM lanyards to trade with been total poo poo for a long time now?

My daughter does a bit when we're down there.

Are you talking they're poo poo in terms of diversity of pins being offered, or poo poo as in they have crappy pins?

I've found the latter has a lot to do with people buying crappy pins on ebay and trading them off in the park, and Disney not enforcing their rules on pin trading in regards to not accepting counterfeit pins.

Realistically if Disney isn't going to allow their employees to reject counterfeit pins they should be immediately discarded instead of ending up on lanyards, but they do. That's not really the employee's fault since I don't think Disney does enough to curtail counterfeit pins once they get into the park (proper training of trading staff, immediate chucking of pins etc.). But if Disney is to continue with offering employees to trade with they need to step up efforts on enforcement.

Lack of diversity I think is partially caused by what Disney is offering. Usually I'll buy my daughter one or two 8 pin starter sets to trade away. Disney doesn't offer a ton of cheap starter sets. So you have those same pins showing up all over the place. Nobody wants to trade away the super cool pins that you buy for $10-$15 a piece. They want to trade away the cheap ones. So the cheap ones flood the cast member lanyards.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I'd love to get really into pin trading but it's just far too expensive for me. I buy the counterfeit ones I like and just wear them as decoration. I don't trade.

When I finished my Disney College of Knowledge training and a cruise training thing, I got TA specific pins. They're pretty awesome. Apparently I could get into big trouble if I traded them and I'm not allowed to wear them in the parks.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Here, have these really neat pins.

But you can never, ever wear them in public or you will be getting a visit from Mickey's first cousin Vladimir and his friends. You wouldn't want to make Vladimir angry, his temper is not quite like Mickey's.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Holy cow, the water slide at the Boardwalk Inn pool is terrifying.

wtf

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

BlueBayou posted:

Holy cow, the water slide at the Boardwalk Inn pool is terrifying.

wtf

Oh come on it can't be that ba -

- AAAAHHHHHH!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I used to do a bit of pin trading but I'm at a point now where all my pins are CM pins or whatever and I don't want to trade them.

I've been meaning to go on eBay and get a grab bag of pins for trades but I keep forgetting.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Did a full day at Universal yesterday, and I must say it's an amazing place. We bought the regular express pass and it was worth the money since we crammed both parks in one day. I really think Disney would benefit from this type of fast pass. Yeah it makes the day more expensive but to not have to worry about a schedule or rearranging passes or rushing would be so much more fun.

Daigon Alley was so incredible, the theming is the best I've ever seen. Forbidden Journey is one of the best rides I've ever been on.

Back to MK this morning for breakfast at the Royal Table, and I FP Wishes tonight. Someone in my group is getting engaged and I'm already anxious about it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm so ready for another trip to Disney. I've used my new annual pass only twice so it's time.

Starting a new job so I might not be able to go up till October for Horror Nights and maybe another Disney trip with that.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

So my agent is basically telling me the "You'll be fine" approach and not adding another person to my reservations, rather telling me to just show up with 5 vs 4. Cool. Also booked me for a BOG breakfast just because for some reason?

Here's the restaurants. Let me know if I should call and just do it myself:

Ohana, Beaches and Cream, Tusker House Dinner. She changed the rest.

Also, avid pin trader right here.

Also also, Forbidden Journey at IOA is the coolest loving ride I have ever been on, Disney included.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Forbidden Journey is the best, such a great mix of so many rides and tech. Gringotts is good too, but after the initial thrill it's not as exciting as Forbidden Journey is throughout. We're getting annual passes to Universal next month (they're so drat cheap!) when we get back from vacation, can't wait to ride both again like 40 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Yeah Forbidden Journey is aces

The only ride that has impressed me as much on my initial riding was when Indy opened at Disneyland allll those years ago. Cause Indy is aces too.