Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

kemikalkadet posted:

don't think i've ever seen so many people do 1k+ damage on the same team before.

It is pretty magical when your teammates are not drooling all over themselves and manage to hit R three times while left clicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
HD E4 pictures, now covered in extra virgin olive oil!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so did WG decide to nerf the hell out of medium tanks?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It seems that mediums have been way better than everything else for a long time now

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Azhais posted:

It seems that mediums have been way better than everything else for a long time now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0fBiCNiR1E

Honestly, I really don't think these nerfs are going to make that much of a difference.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
It always seemed weird to me that mediums had only one real weakness, poor armor, and that the fact that they all had really high pen guns sort of made that a moot point, since when you're shooting 260 pen silver shells everything has poor armor

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
Now TDs just need to lose their stupid camo values and we can witness the second coming of heavy tanks.

Also, give the Maus either an extra 500 hp or the JT gun.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Some dude was talking poo poo about Pansy not being relevant since 2013 and I was like lol I know. Why do people get all bent out of shape about clans in this lovely game.

Also I'll take slightly overpowered mediums over slightly overpowered TDs or Heavies any day.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 23, 2015

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azhais posted:

Steelion posted:

It always seemed weird to me that mediums had only one real weakness, poor armor, and that the fact that they all had really high pen guns sort of made that a moot point, since when you're shooting 260 pen silver shells everything has poor armor
That's because they're supposed to? They have those qualities because otherwise the game becomes even more based on giant barely moving brickhouses facing off against invisible giant anti tank guns.

Medium tanks deserve even more buffs because fighting in a medium tank is amazing. Specially in a fast medium tank. You just go all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrWI99niJW0

and it's awesome.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mans posted:

and it's awesome.

Agreed. I perform better in heavies but find mediums more fun.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Tier 7. 10°/s track traverse.

10°/s track traverse.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Prav posted:

10°/s track traverse.

Tier 7, the size of a Dairy Queen.

Oh boy this is going to get interesting.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
This thing better have two working turrets, otherwise it just seems comically useless.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
What kind of armour will that brick even have?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

It just needs a strong turret so it can hull down behind houses.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Ensign Expendable posted:

This thing better have two working turrets, otherwise it just seems comically useless.

Watch, it's actually the little turret that works

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Ensign Expendable posted:

Agreed, won't happen though. WG promised working second turrets years ago and then totally flaked out.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'
Watch, that piece of poo poo will have a tier 8 hit point pool and super thick armor.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Prav posted:

10°/s track traverse.
It's apparently 20 degrees.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

i need to carry harder i guess

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

JohnGalt posted:

Now TDs just need to lose their stupid camo values and we can witness the second coming of heavy tanks.

Also, give the Maus either an extra 500 hp or the JT gun.

Do you know how OP the maus would be if you gave it the JT gun? *

*at least in my hands.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Saint Celestine posted:

Do you know how OP the maus would be if you gave it the JT gun? *

*at least in my hands.

Having it be OP in the hands of someone who makes any tier ten OP is a small price to pay to make Mauses on my team slightly useful and Mauses on the enemy team less of a joke.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

mmkay posted:

It's apparently 20 degrees.

Aww. SR breaks my heart yet again.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

xthetenth posted:

It just needs a strong turret so it can hull down behind houses.

I laughed.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Prav posted:

10°/s track traverse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTAoxSspBJE

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

unlawfulsoup posted:

Agreed, won't happen though. WG promised working second turrets years ago and then totally flaked out.

i don't understand how this is so hard when the other Russians next door have made working turrets years ago on a whim.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I take back everything I thought about the T-54 first prototype, as it turns out, it is actually not a half bad tank. Too bad about the non-preferred mm though.

edit: LOL

Tier: 7 HT
Hitpoints: 1550
Engine: 1200 hp
Weight: 100,898 tonnes
Power-to-Weight: 11,89 hp/t
Max speed: 25/1o km/h
Hull traverse: 20 degrees per second
Turret traverse: 18,8 degrees per second
Terrain resistance: 1,151/1,247/1,822
Viewrange: 380 m
Radio range: 573,6 m

Hull: 175/70 mm
Turret: 200/150 mm

Damage: 330
Penetration: 190 mm
ROF: 5,74 rounds per minute
DPM: 1894,4
Reload time: 10,452 seconds
Accuracy: 0,384
Aim time: 3,07 seconds
Depression: -10/+20 degrees

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 24, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

I stand as witness being a lawful concealed carry license holder in the great state of Florida and long-time resident I can say with great conviction that I have never murdered anyone or been murdered.

EDIT: does the attempted murder case that was dropped because the one witness refused to testify against me count?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Prav posted:

10°/s track traverse.

I'm gonna eventually play this awful tank. Sigh.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Mans posted:

i don't understand how this is so hard when the other Russians next door have made working turrets years ago on a whim.

Honestly, it would be a lot of fun if implemented correctly. Give slow heavies a means to track fast movers.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

subhelios posted:

Watch, that piece of poo poo will have a tier 8 hit point pool and super thick armor.

Agrajag posted:

I take back everything I thought about the T-54 first prototype, as it turns out, it is actually not a half bad tank. Too bad about the non-preferred mm though.

edit: LOL

Tier: 7 HT
Hitpoints: 1550
Engine: 1200 hp
Weight: 100,898 tonnes
Power-to-Weight: 11,89 hp/t
Max speed: 25/1o km/h
Hull traverse: 20 degrees per second
Turret traverse: 18,8 degrees per second
Terrain resistance: 1,151/1,247/1,822
Viewrange: 380 m
Radio range: 573,6 m

Hull: 175/70 mm
Turret: 200/150 mm

Damage: 330
Penetration: 190 mm
ROF: 5,74 rounds per minute
DPM: 1894,4
Reload time: 10,452 seconds
Accuracy: 0,384
Aim time: 3,07 seconds
Depression: -10/+20 degrees

Jesus loving christ why.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

unlawfulsoup posted:

Honestly, it would be a lot of fun if implemented correctly. Give slow heavies a means to track fast movers.

The problem with this is that secondary turrets on the early tanks were almost always manually cranked, because why add the extra weight for motorized ones?

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The problem with this is that secondary turrets on the early tanks were almost always manually cranked, because why add the extra weight for motorized ones?

Since when has turret speed but anywhere near realistic in this game.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
Last game of the night:

We went south on Airfield. Haquertal and Kendren swarmed the 45.02 B, while I cliff dived and then almost drowned the Type 61. We then did a :capfast: and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat :c00lbutt:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

ELI PORTER posted:

Last game of the night:

We went south on Airfield. Haquertal and Kendren swarmed the 45.02 B, while I cliff dived and then almost drowned the Type 61. We then did a :capfast: and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat :c00lbutt:

When we saw that our team had no tier 9s and their team had only one tier 8 me and kendren in mumble said "gently caress fighting E100s" and dove south, glad you followed because that ending was hilarious.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ELI PORTER posted:

Last game of the night:

Nice matchmaking also never not capfast.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

Hellsau posted:

Nice matchmaking also never not capfast.

MM was 100% the reason for the prostrat

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Don't think I've ever got so unlucky with the LB-1 on the T-54. I was shooting at another T-54, a patton and a T69, either flush side shots, drive wheels or easy lower plate shots and every single one manages to whiff. Eaten by tracks, hitting the drive wheel and tracking but doing no damage, going completely to the extreme of the aim circle and hitting the upper rather than lower plate. I got frustrated after 8-9 dumb bounced and started lobbing apcr and still bounced poo poo that should never bounce.

The only saving grace I guess is that I was bouncing as many shots from them as they were from me. Sure can't wait to unlock the D10T2C.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
AMX 30 1er OP as gently caress. Would recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TheFonz posted:

AMX 30 1er OP as gently caress. Would recommend.

I really love mine. A definite keeper.

Played my Patton 3 last night for a game. Got steel wall, idfk.
Tank is mega comfy to drive, I always forgot how much I enjoy that tank.