Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I just realised that those are forgeworld bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It's the Knight Maegara conversion kit, so presumably they still have a complete normal plastic Knight to assemble as well

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Imperium of the Apes

It was Terra all along!

E: At the end, we see the Golden Throne half-buried in the beach

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

"You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, drat you! God drat you all to hell!"

*camera pans to Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition*

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

ro5s posted:

Why did Fantasy seem to have an actual story while 40k is kind of deadlocked right where it is and has been for years?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
40k is too big, too diffuse, for anything to have any impact. You fight an Epic 40k battle on a dozen tables using thousands of tiny little dudes, and that's one tiny fraction of one battlefront on one world in one conflict.

WFB can hold a medium size event and still spin it to be a battle that can have an impact on the whole setting.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Also it's less popular so they can change poo poo without grogs making GBS threads themselves.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
You must not have followed the fantasy thread.

ro5s posted:

I chuckled :unsmith:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Len posted:

Why did Fantasy seem to have an actual story while 40k is kind of deadlocked right where it is and has been for years?

If they advance the Warhammer 40k story past the end of the millennium they'll be forced to rename it Warhammer 41k.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Leperflesh posted:

If they advance the Warhammer 40k story past the end of the millennium they'll be forced to rename it Warhammer 41k.

Or worse, declare a decisive end to 13th Black Crusade. Can't have the Armless Failure win, can't let him lose, either, else you'd have to wait for 653 Black Crusades to happen before you get another Crusade with a "meaningful' name.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Colonial Air Force posted:

Imperium of the Apes

It was Terra all along!

E: At the end, we see the Golden Throne half-buried in the beach

Would watch.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

JcDent posted:

Or worse, declare a decisive end to 13th Black Crusade. Can't have the Armless Failure win, can't let him lose, either, else you'd have to wait for 653 Black Crusades to happen before you get another Crusade with a "meaningful' name.

17th Black Crusade, it turns out Chaos just really likes prime numbers.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Another problem with advancement is what are you going to advance? Really, the only thing in 40K that would advance the story is if the Emperor died/resurrected/whatever. Anything else is just "stuff" happening - the Imperium loses/gains some planets to Orks/Chaos/Tau; an Imperial/Chaos Crusade takes some territory - it's all ebb and flow and has no real, lasting implications on 40K as a whole. Like goatface said, the 40K universe is far too vast for anything to make any appreciable difference on the storyline.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

berzerkmonkey posted:

Another problem with advancement is what are you going to advance? Really, the only thing in 40K that would advance the story is if the Emperor died/resurrected/whatever. Anything else is just "stuff" happening - the Imperium loses/gains some planets to Orks/Chaos/Tau; an Imperial/Chaos Crusade takes some territory - it's all ebb and flow and has no real, lasting implications on 40K as a whole. Like goatface said, the 40K universe is far too vast for anything to make any appreciable difference on the storyline.

Ultramarines turn to chaos. Boom.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Real talk. They already turned to chaos. You don't destroy a hivefleet with outside help. First company wiped out to a man in a noble last stand my rear end. Terminators are just genestealer treats with delusions of grandeur.

All those suits should be torn in half and digested by a tidal wave of mucous by now. How are they still fielding terminators?

Their symbol is an omega, right? Who else do we know who had an omega in their name?

Marneus Calgar is an anagram for care: :siren:guns alarm:siren: .

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Real talk. They already turned to chaos. You don't destroy a hivefleet with outside help. First company wiped out to a man in a noble last stand my rear end. Terminators are just genestealer treats with delusions of grandeur.

All those suits should be torn in half and digested by a tidal wave of mucous by now. How are they still fielding terminators?

Their symbol is an omega, right? Who else do we know who had an omega in their name?

I always thought they've been suspicious since the Heresy.

:smug: "Oh, were unfortunately late to the Battle of Terra? Missing most of the fighting means we're the largest legion by far? We're in charge now, isn't that convenient" :smug:

That, and claiming a private empire about as far from Earth as it's possible to get.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Don't forget their bestest friends, the Alphic Hydras

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Blood Angels: Humorless Rageaholics obsessed with blood and skulls? Khorne.
Dark Angels: Love chasing, catching, and torturing guys. Wear robes. Whole thing is a little skeevy if you ask me. Slaanesh.
Space Wolves: Eat their own poop. Beards are full of fleas. Nurgle.
Ultramarines: Love to write books full of confusing rules. Force other chapters to paint their psykers blue. Wear blue. Upside down omega looks like pupilless, ever-watching eye. 2 Chapters of ultramaraines grew out of a single legion of pink marines after the legion took a wound in the shooting phase.

I think you see where I am going with this.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Guess we know where all the REAL augmentation went.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I too think tech-priests need to be sexier. Glad someone agrees.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Basically the only piece of flesh that doesn't betray you.

Especially since you don't have to breatsfeed.

Ave Boobnissiah!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
No flesh, just silicone. Or maybe silicon.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

berzerkmonkey posted:

No flesh, just silicone. Or maybe silicon.

She's hiding two whole cerebra-skrytexes in there!

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I hate this thread because most of the paint jobs are better than mine. Am I still free to heckle?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SERPUS posted:

I hate this thread because most of the paint jobs are better than mine. Am I still free to heckle?

You don't have to be a director to claim that Battlefield Earth is a terrible movie. Go ahead.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Slimnoid posted:

You don't have to be a director to claim that Battlefield Earth is a terrible movie. Go ahead.

But you do have to be mistaken. :colbert:

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

But you do have to be mistaken. :colbert:

Look at this man animal with bad opinions.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Richard Bong posted:

Look at this man animal with bad opinions.

Goddamn, man.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

SERPUS posted:

Something can be technically well painted yet still be in poor taste or otherwise cringeworthy. Like how Kingdom of Death sculpts are typically really well implemented examples of moral garbage.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Kilo147 posted:

Goddamn, man.

I've watched the rifftrax of that movie too many times.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Well, the pricing isn't that far off.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

JcDent posted:

Well, the pricing isn't that far off.

If Mystery Science Theatre 2000 did Warhams...

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Man, this Angron model would look way better if he wasn't so dynamically posed. Much better.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I think it is a bad angle - the foot positions look correct. Looks like he just glued the arms more inward?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Yeah, but now he's just a dude standing awkwardly and screaming, like he's upset that he dropped his ice cream cone.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

SRM posted:

Yeah, but now he's just a dude standing awkwardly and screaming, like he's upset that he dropped his ice cream cone.

Well, if ever there were a reason to lead an army on a campaign of destruction, it's dropping an ice cream cone.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Colonial Air Force posted:

Well, if ever there were a reason to lead an army on a campaign of destruction, it's dropping an ice cream cone.

"What do you meant that you won't buy me another one? gently caress you Emperor you're not my real dad!"

JcDent
May 13, 2013

ro5s posted:

"What do you meant that you won't buy me another one? gently caress you Emperor you're not my real dad!"

Kind of what happened, tbh.

I'm generally not a fan of the overly dynamic poses and scenic bases for primarchs, but this Angron looks like a cheap chinese toy.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

SRM posted:

I'm not surprised he dropped it with both hands full of axes. I wouldn't have bought him a new one either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

SRM posted:

I think he's still running, but he has the axes down, instead of out away from his body.