Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

You loving retards that's like the only weekend he's busy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
wait what goddammit.

I don't think anyone runs this asylum, not even the inmates. :haw:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Actually my nana changed the family thing to the weekend before so the 22nd weekend is a go if thats good for everyone. Itll be Saturday night because thats easier for me to get stuff ready since Ill have to work on Friday.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Also we need to see who wants to throw in for a keg and possibly a rental movie projector. Can someone doodle that or whatever and get some confirms?

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Fart Pipe posted:

Also we need to see who wants to throw in for a keg and possibly a rental movie projector. Can someone doodle that or whatever and get some confirms?

It's easiest for me to to just bring a bunch of booze and some snacks but I can also bring cash or whatever.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Slow is Fast posted:

You loving retards that's like the only weekend he's busy

http://doodle.com/h39ivtk233h4iwa9

From numbers alone, the 2nd best date is the 15th where we would miss out on Oz and pushrod but apparently, now Fart Pipe's thing is on the 15th so the 22nd is hands down the best time.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
FYI the 22nd would be my birthday weekend so if it is that weekend and I do go... we will all be getting extra extra smashed

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I'm down for whatever. Got money for the keg. Tim buy my speakers I need them gone lol.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I'm down for whatever. Got money for the keg. Tim buy my speakers I need them gone lol.

I told you to strap them shits into the Genny and come give me a ride.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

SATURDAY AUGUST 22ND

IT IS WRITTEN

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Slow is Fast posted:

SATURDAY AUGUST 22ND

IT IS WRITTEN

loving Excellent.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Sounds good! Tim, you should make a FB event.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT

kastein posted:

I am alright with that weekend, penciling it in on my calendar.

Whatever happens, even if I am scheduled to work that Saturday, I will take it off.

God I miss you spergy fucks, well, the ones I don't see every week.

:siren: Also how the gently caress did you people not comment on this?!?! :siren:

cursedshitbox posted:

I may or may not be in depending on the date.

CSB IS COMING

Seriously though CSB, whatever you think NEAI is like, it is worse. Spergier, more violent, more fire, more vehicles getting stuck in mudpits.

All these moments will be lost in time, like muddy water through Kastein's intake.

ACEofsnett fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 25, 2015

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
This is looking to be the feelgood event of the summer.

Steak Flavored Gum also hinted about possibly showing up for it.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I am currently in the state of Connecticut but I have no idea what I'm doing this weekend

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm likely going junkyarding Saturday morning and Sunday I'm definitely going to be driving the Justy around in the woods helping my offroad club install access gates on a local trail that keeps being trashed by hillrods, you're welcome to come along.

e: Friday night is usually beer/wrench/bbq-fest at Tim's

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
Even though I'm kind of a ways away, I can't not attend. BRB, browsing Amazon for thermite ingredients

e: I'll probably bring some kind of beer, etc. but will also will chip in for keg

Black88GTA fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 26, 2015

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

ACEofsnett posted:

CSB IS COMING

Seriously though CSB, whatever you think NEAI is like, it is worse. Spergier, more violent, more fire, more vehicles getting stuck in mudpits.

All these moments will be lost in time, like muddy water through Kastein's intake.

Like its anything special that I'm coming. :v:

I have low expectations and all, but I at least expect the above.

thermite on hand would be nice. maybe some magnesium flakes too.

E: can I get a list of whos close to what airport?

E2: boston is cheap as gently caress to fly into.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 26, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

poo poo, if you weren't flying, I'd ask you to pick me up on the way. :byodame:

I know the Saturd isn't in any kind of shape for that kind of trip. 2 bald as a baby's rear end tires on it with belts starting to show, and a bipolar thermostat that I've been trying to ignore since November. :sigh:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Hahaha CSB you are really coming (phrasing)?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Not funny, you know he can't achieve orgasm any more.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

kastein posted:

I'm likely going junkyarding Saturday morning and Sunday I'm definitely going to be driving the Justy around in the woods helping my offroad club install access gates on a local trail that keeps being trashed by hillrods, you're welcome to come along.

e: Friday night is usually beer/wrench/bbq-fest at Tim's

I guess that answers my question of if you're going to be around this weekend.

What time-ish does Friday start at Tim's?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Both evenings I'll probably be working on my aunt's car rust repairs but yeah mornings are fun stuff.

I'm honestly not sure, I usually show up way late due to work.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Fart Pipe posted:

No need to rent a projector, I have 2.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Mighty Horse posted:

No need to rent a projector, I have 2.

Oh right on, that rules. I have plenty of sound equipment to go with it if you dont have that.

The keg is $200 for a half which if I remember correctly is 165 beers. I got 2 for a party of 50 last time and we only went through half of one so it should be plenty for us.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
It's too bad my truck isn't running, otherwise I'd grab this and bring it up. I'm sure we could find something stupid awesome to do with it :getin:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
It's on my calendar... trying to decide if I can bring anything fun.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Just finally put some money into my lovable shitbox '02 Maxima GLE. Don't get me wrong, I love that car and you'd have to pry the keys from my cold, dead hands, but at 130k and rapidly approaching another ten thousand miles, the wear and tear is starting to be slightly more noticeable. I just replaced my headlight modules, replaced two front shocks thanks to last winter's pothole-mania, and even had my buddy that works at a Mobil repair shop do some work on the windows. Unfortunately, I think I've finally hit the point where I'm not going to put any more serious repairwork into the shitmobile and start saving up for a new car.

With that being said, what sorts of fun and mischief could a 4-door FWD Nissan with a 350Z engine get into this summer and into the winter? NEAI meetups sound good but I'm not too sure this thing is the best thing to go tooling around in the mud with as I'll probably need it to last at least until October/November.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

In Springfield for the week, drove up from sc to see my brother's family.

Figured I'd check out the local craigslist. Now I'm trying to convince the wife I can fit a rear glass for the Comanche (it's got a slider) in the cr-v, between the kids.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

angryrobots posted:

Figured I'd check out the local craigslist. Now I'm trying to convince the wife I can fit a rear glass for the Comanche (it's got a slider) in the cr-v, between the kids.

Welcome to our wonderful city. Now make sure your windows are rolled up and your doors are locked when not in your car. Maybe I suggest Red Rose for pizza or checking out the Basketball Hall of Fame.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

angryrobots posted:

Dude I have an aftermarket tinted (in the glass not lovely film) slider I have had sitting in the basement for four years. If you want it it is yours, I am out in Southbridge but will be in Sturbridge tomorow morning.

Comes with free stray cat footprints and dust. IIRC it needs one wiper or something replaced, it looks like universal stuff that comes on a roll. They are bond-in not gasketed I think so I dunno what he thinks the gasket is.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I would really like to take you up on that, but the wife has absolutely hexed driving all the way back to SC, with a piece of glass wedged between the children.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 28, 2015

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

angryrobots posted:

I would really like to take you up on that, but the wife has absolutely hexed driving all the way back to SC, with a piece of glass wedged between the children.

Strap it on your roof dude.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Get the kids to hold onto it. Then it's a fun activity that builds character.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

If we had roof rails. I don't know if it's worth having straps run through the car/800 miles of wind noise and rain leaks/possible roof scratches/wife scorn if anything about it creates a hassle.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Get the kids to hold onto it. Then it's a fun activity that builds character.

The 1.5 yr old gets tired too quickly.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I'm driving up with Terrible Robot.

Can we bring guns?

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Adiabatic posted:

I'm driving up with Terrible Robot.

Can we bring guns?

Into MA? Not really. And even if it's technically permitted, you'd really better off leaving them behind. Other than statewide bans on full size magazines and certain types of ARs and AKs, discharge laws are set at the town level, I believe.

Not to mention you'd be driving them through NJ and NY.

And if it's CT, it's basically the same. Gotta go up to VT/NH/ME to have the laws stop sucking.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Alarbus posted:

Into MA? Not really. And even if it's technically permitted, you'd really better off leaving them behind. Other than statewide bans on full size magazines and certain types of ARs and AKs, discharge laws are set at the town level, I believe.

Not to mention you'd be driving them through NJ and NY.

And if it's CT, it's basically the same. Gotta go up to VT/NH/ME to have the laws stop sucking.

If I ever get around to hosting up here we'll definitely have to do a trip to the shooting area.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Sandbagger SA posted:

If I ever get around to hosting up here we'll definitely have to do a trip to the shooting area.

I miss a lot of the flexibility in VT gun laws, but PA lets me own a suppressor, and has nicer ranges. Also, it's a lot cheaper to live in PA! Except for emissions testing. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

A job well done:

This is the entrance to a large woodlot where my offroad club has an agreement with the landowner that allows us to use it for trail runs. It never used to be gated but after the loggers cut skidder trails real close to a local public dirt road the local gutter trash high schoolers discovered the place and started tearing it up, having bonfires, leaving them burning, and throwing beer cans and garbage everywhere. So we spent today blocking all the entrances with large logs and then put up this gate, which has posts buried in four or five feet of concrete.

If you don't want your illicit wheeling spot gated and patrolled, don't poo poo where you eat, fuckbags. It really is that simple.

• Locked thread