Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Minor Azys Lla spoilers: I just signed an Allagan EULA. This loving game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I have an extra pre-order code if anyone still wants the Baron stuff and Chocobo chick, please PM me.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

book posted:

Thought they said they trapped her to consume her eyes to gain the dragon's power.

There might be more too it though, eventually. The knights seemed pretty beat up about what happened. Not just about Thordan dying, but what they did themselves.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Tenzarin posted:

drat it!, I was really looking forward for posts about people who cant kill themselves!

That's what Dark Knight is for.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I think my favourite part of the 3.0 story line so far might actually be how obtuse, unobservant, or just dumb most of the characters are.

(~58 spoiler) Like during Lucia's character reveal when she rides in on Livia's magitek armor, nobody bats an eye or mentions it for 3 cutscenes

(~55 spoiler) Or when you kill Nidhogg and find out an eye missing and nobody even starts to go "Hmm, a dread wyrm eye is missing, thats pretty powerful, maybe we should look into that?" or even mentions it

(~59 spoiler) Or when Y'shtola comes out of the lifestream very obviously blind with huge cataracts on her eyes and nobody mentions a thing until Motoya points it out

(60 spoiler) And my favourite, when Estien complains the entire msq about how powerful the eye is, and how hard it for him to control, and then he just casually picks up the second one at the end of the MSQ like what are you expecting dude lmao

(60 spoiler) I also love the implication that your character is going to become a primal in a future patch

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

bonewitch posted:

(~59 spoiler) Or when Y'shtola comes out of the lifestream very obviously blind with huge cataracts on her eyes and nobody mentions a thing until Motoya points it out

Or how nobody bothers to ask "Where's Thancred?"

I thought they were gonna get Cronenberged together.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

bonewitch posted:

I think my favourite part of the 3.0 story line so far might actually be how obtuse, unobservant, or just dumb most of the characters are.

(~58 spoiler) Like during Lucia's character reveal when she rides in on Livia's magitek armor, nobody bats an eye or mentions it for 3 cutscenes

(~55 spoiler) Or when you kill Nidhogg and find out an eye missing and nobody even starts to go "Hmm, a dread wyrm eye is missing, thats pretty powerful, maybe we should look into that?" or even mentions it

(60 spoiler) And my favourite, when Estien complains the entire msq about how powerful the eye is, and how hard it for him to control, and then he just casually picks up the second one at the end of the MSQ like what are you expecting dude lmao

(60 spoiler) I also love the implication that your character is going to become a primal in a future patch

The 55 spoiler is brought up by characters literally immediately

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Fister Roboto posted:

Or how nobody bothers to ask "Where's Thancred?"

I thought they were gonna get Cronenberged together.

To be fair, Y'shtola does say she tried to teleport him out, but yeah nobody really follows up on that

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bonewitch posted:

55: You wonder that like almost immediately
59: No one says anything because she says something about her eyes almost immediately after waking up, Motoya only conveys that it's also going to eventually kill her. Also, does that make Y'shtola Daredevil?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

bonewitch posted:

I think a lot of this is done on purpose to string the player along for a bit. A lot of that is stuff that makes you go "wait what?" and keeps you in suspense while you wait for the payoff/explanation.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Captain Oblivious posted:

The 55 spoiler is brought up by characters literally immediately

I might have to go back and re-watch that cutscene then, theres a very real chance i was half-asleep at the time.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I made a thread on FFG for talking about spoilery poo poo, please post spoilers in that thread.

:siren: CLICK THIS LINK AT YOUR OWN RISK, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED :siren:

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.
I appreciate it, poo poo's starting lo look like a somehow nerdier SCP page in here.

Goddamn the work day is long.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

bonewitch posted:

I might have to go back and re-watch that cutscene then, theres a very real chance i was half-asleep at the time.

It's not in the cutscene itself but in the followup scene(s) immediately after.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This thread needs Imp Zone's spoiler tags.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
What can you do about really, really blatant bots. And not just bots, but also hacks. I saw someone teleporting halfway across the map and keeping Swiftcast up after every cast. Do squeenix care about bots at all?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Oh, really.

Well, that's pretty neat then.

Too bad it's utterly outclassed by poo poo you can get by level 56 or something. At least it will look neat.

I'm not sure about dungeon drops, but the MS quest weapon drops at 58 finally start having a bit more weapon damage than Zetas, and that's the point where you would want to replace them. That said, no matter how much they changed the 2.0 relic chain you can still go 50-58 way faster than you can go 50-Zeta.

Getting used to having Move Form be a real thing has been a bit weird, but I'm really enjoying my new Goku powers and accidentally dressing up like The Shredder while the previously boring as hell monk job guy seems to have taken wardrobe advice from DIO. Ravana music owns. Flying owns. Good expansion so far.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

lmao, Estinien's shrug and Haurchefant's expression after all the crap in the Churning Mists

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
So why exactly did SE completely take away the Wide Volley free RoD proc? Now RoD shares a bloodletter recast and I will never use it.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Rain of Death still reduces evasion right? 20 second duration with 15 second recast (shortened by Bloodletter procs) means that you can have 100% uptime on the debuff. This means you can probably lower the accuracy requirement for an entire raid, which allows them to stat for more crit/det/skill/spell speed. Losing 50 potency every 20 seconds seems like an okay tradeoff if it means 6 people can afford to stat a little more efficiently and the healers get a better chance to hit.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

fadam posted:

Someone effort posted a big list of levels to do leveling from 30-50, does anyone remember what they were?

Riftling posted:

Welfare i115 is the best.

:siren:How to Not Suck at Leveling 30-50:siren:

Always do your low level roulette daily first if not already completed. Levequests current benefit from rest XP, but do not consume it. You heard me right. This makes levequests ludicrous in the level ranges they're available. FATEs suck and are terrible XP/hour due to boss HP scaling and the massive zergfests going on right now.

30-35: Go to Camp Tranquil in South Shroud. Get the Adamantoise Tears leve. Max level difficulty, just run and pick up the tears while ignoring all enemies. They attack slow, so even with 2 on you, you can pick the items up off the ground. If Adamantoise Tears isn't available, do Black Market Down on lowest difficulty to bring it back.

35-40: Do Qarn at level 35 until 36/Cutter's Cry at 38 until 39 (chain XP puts them on top over leves). Otherwise, Go to the Observatorium in Coerthas. Run Cower to the People, just like Adamantoise Tears. If it's not up, Have a Nice Trip and Now We're Even are nice alternatives. Alternatively you can chain run whatever your latest dungeon is; they give a little less XP/hour than leves.

40-44: lovely levels. Cutter's Cry at 40 and Stone Vigil from 41-44 are the fastest XP/hour available to you. If you have an amazing HQ gear set and can handle +5 mobs, go to St Conch and do leves there (see below). If you have slow queues, sorry; your best bet is to find a Coerthas FATE group in party finder and join the zerg while you're in queue.

44-50: Find or build a DD speedclear group. Coast to 50 on 800,000+ xp/hour. If you're a lone wolf and rue the concept of playing with others in an MMO, you can go to St Conch in Mor Dhona. Grab all of the leves except the Naturalist. Speeding through those will give about 600k xp/hour if you have rest XP available, a little more or less depending on your efficiency.

Leve tips: Is the leve telling you to kill a mob for an item to use on other mobs to dispell their illusion BS? If you hit a mob, their illusion is dispelled anyways, so just run around tapping all the mobs once, run out of range, then run back in and kill your leve targets. Picking stuff up off the ground? Ignore all enemies, acquire tears.

Didn't think it was that far back... it was 22 pages ago :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mo0 posted:

Relic Quest 3.1 better involve flying and finding moogles hidden around the world that spawn once every seven hours for three minutes at a time to get Malachite Gems that you have to stick into an airship to get enough Aether to raise a stat by a point.

Yes please add the Miragent/Fenris armor set quests from Aion because this game really needs some excessively spergy bullshit like that.

Eimi posted:

Also bear in mind we never truly found out what started it. In that sure Thordan killed their sister, but why? I don't trust the white dragon's version any more than the churches. They didn't reveal everything and gotta give em props for that.

They did though. The Ishgardians found out that the eyes of the great wyrms basically held an obscene amount of power and they killed one and ate her, gaining her powers. Things spiraled from there.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Has anyone found any vendors that sell crafting/gathering gear past the level 55 stuff in Churning Mists?

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
Has anyone ever had any luck with SE support? I need to remove the token (which was on some iphone from the distant past) from my account (which I can't long onto to remove said token because I don't have said token), but several support tickets seem to simply be ignored.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Nien posted:

Has anyone ever had any luck with SE support? I need to remove the token (which was on some iphone from the distant past) from my account (which I can't long onto to remove said token because I don't have said token), but several support tickets seem to simply be ignored.
Live chatting with a support person online helped me to resolve that exact problem. They need to use alternative ways of proving your identity, but they weren't too harsh about it.

I can't remember exactly where you can access the live support.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Tsurupettan posted:

hey ffxiv thread, what is your dark knight's theme song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV26zIE0130

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Riftling posted:

This guide confuses me. I was under the impression that Brayflox was better exp than pretty much anything else until Stone Vigil, though I realize Qarn and beyond got mob exp nerfed and boss exp buffed, so maybe that makes them more worthwhile?

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ishin posted:

So why exactly did SE completely take away the Wide Volley free RoD proc? Now RoD shares a bloodletter recast and I will never use it.

I love Rain of Death now, you start the pull by using Wanderers Minuet, using Foes for your casters/healers, buffing up and then RoD, Straight Shot, Internal Release, and put one dot each on like 4 enemies, then loving own everything with glorious numbers all over the screen with Quick Nock and RoD alternating since you'll get the crit reset proc almost every other GCD.

It owns bones. Before there was no reason to ever use RoD unless you were far from your enemies and had to Wide Volley, then got a proc for RoD, since Quick Nock was just better on tp/potency. Now you have a solid reason to use everything, with Wide volley if you need to stay away and quick nock if you don't. It just takes a short time longer to set up compared to the old bard AoE design.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Yeah, I'm personally kicking myself a bit all the times I succumb to muscle memory and hit Bloodletter instead of RoD on AoE pulls. New bard rules once you get used to it. Sorry dislikers.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I heard Heavensward added more haircuts to the game? Would I be able to use them if I use an aesthestician or is it purely expansion only content? If not, is there someplace I can check them out?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Riftling posted:

I thought they neutered the xp on mobs in DD.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Ishin posted:

RoD owns super hard now, and Wide Volley was pretty worthless before too.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Also I'm still grumpy about WM but i parsed like 1.3k burst opener earlier with ~i150 gear so I think I might come around to it (SE please make it a stance)

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

bonewitch posted:

Also I'm still grumpy about WM but i parsed like 1.3k burst opener earlier with ~i150 gear so I think I might come around to it (SE please make it a stance)

yeah if it just didnt have a cast time or had a far shorter one I'd be much cooler with it, its just an awful big investment having to wait for that long cast.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

KoB posted:

I thought they neutered the xp on mobs in DD.

They didn't neuter the mob XP; they just lowered it a little bit, and at the same time, we got an extra 50% armory bonus. DD is still the 44-50 king.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

This guide confuses me. I was under the impression that Brayflox was better exp than pretty much anything else until Stone Vigil, though I realize Qarn and beyond got mob exp nerfed and boss exp buffed, so maybe that makes them more worthwhile?

Read the first part. Levequests benefit from and don't consume rest XP, so you can literally coast from 30-40 on quickly repeatable levequests and still have most of your rest XP to spare. Brayflox, even with an efficient group, won't beat out the xp/hour the 30-40 leves give, to boot.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

UglyDucklett posted:

yeah if it just didnt have a cast time or had a far shorter one I'd be much cooler with it, its just an awful big investment having to wait for that long cast.

If they turned it into cleric stance basically it would be perfect imo.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

machinist is a cool job with flashy skills

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
My client broke

really bad

send help

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I decided to try this game out but apparently every single NA server except one is full right now? I'm assuming you can't transfer later either? Is there any way to get on Exodus?

Also the process to buy this game and get an account set up is labyrinthian and loving impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

mikeraskol posted:

I decided to try this game out but apparently every single NA server except one is full right now? I'm assuming you can't transfer later either? Is there any way to get on Exodus?

Also the process to buy this game and get an account set up is labyrinthian and loving impossible.
The expansion came out (well, out of early access) today. Not a good time for getting in. But yeah Squenix's account and payment system is dumb as hell.

• Locked thread