Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Enjoy a Berry posted:

this game is so loving hard dude lol, only real gamers can handle this poo poo so i know my real gamer bros if they have the throphy. cant belive it some times. can you kill the demons and bests?

There aren't any Demons in Bloodborne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

I still like the saw cleaver best among the starting weapons, even though I know the imp zone bloodborne thread has a decidedly pro-cane bias

the cleaver is the best weapon. i like the hunter axe most though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Ive been doing depth 5 cursed fetid rotted dungeons + i recorded the final layer 3bosses of two them ... both of them have attacks that will 1 shot you. IMO both of them are much harder than the defiled watchdog. please enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8uJZ-rrWTI

^^^^^^^^ i suck @ this boss. I got hit a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA1DMS_cW9U

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 0 vials used ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I hate fighting the camera during the bloodletting beast boss, constantly have to switch between locked and unlocked. what level are you in the vids INRI?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

I hate fighting the camera during the bloodletting beast boss, constantly have to switch between locked and unlocked. what level are you in the vids INRI?

i just play unlocked against huge bosses. my char is like sl 200 lol, its the only one i have with all of the chalice dungeons unlocked. at least 25 of those levels are useless

50 vit 40 end 50 skill 50 strength. at those stats ludwigs does way more damage than anything else which is why im using it against fast bosses (and whiffing hits a lot QQ)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agag posted:

Hitting him through tombstones with the cane whip is fun.

You do not fight with honor.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Enjoy a Berry posted:

this game is so loving hard dude lol, only real gamers can handle this poo poo so i know my real gamer bros if they have the throphy. cant belive it some times. can you kill the demons and bests?

Is this a troll?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good vids as always INRI. My favorite starting weapons, ranked:

5) The R1 cane combo
4) The transform attack with the axe
3) Spamming L1 with the cleaver out of battle
2) R2 whip combo
1) The transformed Hunter axe hit where you stretch wayyy out and poke people with the end, I think the 3rd R1. Extremely satisfying to get a kill with that while the enemy is in attack animation

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't think the defiled watchdog was very hard, he only has like 2 attacks that one shot you, and they both have huge wind ups [his bull rush and the 3rd hit in his bite bite spinnyhead bite combo].

I killed it by just standing in front of him, backing away as necessary and tapping his nose with LHB. If he vomits lava it's like a free 20% of his lifebar, and he does it in all phases.

Abhorrent Beast was way more intense

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I think I saw earlier in this thread that you can parry the watchdog easily when he charges? Is that true?

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I read that and tried to test it but I never landed a parry on it, and if you gently caress up you die immediately so IDK

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
because I'm insanely jealous of INRI, I made this video of an almost-perfect Defiled Amygdala kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSYT_QqUdUY

I get clipped once at the start :(

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
thats cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

because I'm insanely jealous of INRI, I made this video of an almost-perfect Defiled Amygdala kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSYT_QqUdUY

I can't click the video bc I'm at work but the screenshot in he preview window looks badass. Congrats

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

it's baller that the ps4 does game intros to videos now instead of just the playstation thing or the gay sharefactory logo

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
powerful video, my man

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah the sharefactory makes everything look cool and all you have to do is hit "Ok keep looking cool and working" a few times and it ends up on youtube.

Ps4 is so sick

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
nice job. I always hate watching people whiff on swings with ludwigs or other slow weapons cause it recreates the feeling I have when I whiff which is like an internal "uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh cool you can change the look of your messengers!

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

In Training posted:

You do not fight with honor.

I just like hitting werewolf priests with a whip.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How good is ludwigs holy blade

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
real good

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo it is

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
:cheers:

Dec 26, 2012

frank.club posted:

How good is ludwigs holy blade

you could make a solid case for it being the best weapon in the game

it feels like every good part of nearly every non-huge sword from a souls game in one weapon

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is my dream souls weapon guys

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

frank.club posted:

This is my dream souls weapon guys

its the best one

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
any vicar advice?

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
she's rela easy with the cane and fire paper, just bum rush her.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
shes weak to fire, try to stay close and hit her often-just stick and move, she has a heal she starts using midway through which you can interrupt by wailing on her. ludwigs might not be the best on her (even though it owns), if you have a serrated weapon thats a decent level use that instead cause itll do bonus damage to beasts

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

frank.club posted:

any vicar advice?

she has almost no attacks at her rear end. so, hit her in the rear end until she dies.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

sector_corrector posted:

she has almost no attacks at her rear end. so, hit her in the rear end until she dies.

Staying close and working around behind seems to work for every "beast" style boss.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

Hell, don't mind if I do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The heal can also be stopped with a numbing mist, and the oil urn + fire paper combo is extremely destructive. Good luck

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She has this move where she backs up that sometimes just stuns me but otherwise does half my health.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i love fighting vicar amelia. getst he juices flowing

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the lowest I've gotten her to is half. I need to learn how to pull off a viscous strike I think. I detoured and nearly beat the witch

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

frank.club posted:

the lowest I've gotten her to is half. I need to learn how to pull off a viscous strike I think. I detoured and nearly beat the witch

I struggled with amelia my first time through too but once you beat her youre gonna wonder how she ever gave you trouble and will be well on your way to being the ultimate bloodborner

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
i went and did the witches of hemwick first...

i got to the chapel doors and i was like "deffo a major boss fight in here... gonna explore more" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did it!!