Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Bagpuss posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXam7gSObek

Can't believe how much I am looking forward to this update considering I've played the poo poo out of it. The new hell background looks amazing.

The new thunder/alien sky looks cool too, June can't come fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Bagpuss posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXam7gSObek

Can't believe how much I am looking forward to this update considering I've played the poo poo out of it. The new hell background looks amazing.

Looks like Terraria has truly jumped the shark! :iamafag:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Holy gently caress this weekend :vince:

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Just a shame that Terraria Otherworld is going to suck. :smith:

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Minrad posted:

Holy gently caress this weekend :vince:

Who wants to tell this poor bastard?

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Oh man, that new hell background is amazing. Worst part of hell was the eye searing backdrop. I've been hyped since they announced 1.3 and I will continue to be hyped for another month.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Network Pesci posted:

Who wants to tell this poor bastard?

Hahaha gently caress I saw the 30th and my brain just dropped the distinction between June and May... :suicide:

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Anyone use hosting services for Terraria servers? I was going to use WASD Servers or Vortex Servers and was wondering if anyone used them in the past.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Every time we play friend of mine just hosts on his desktop, he has a pretty good machine but it's nothing amazing. Last time he was running 3 servers with between 3 and 8 people, IIRC, didn't have any lag issues. Might want to look into doing that.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cacodad posted:

Anyone use hosting services for Terraria servers? I was going to use WASD Servers or Vortex Servers and was wondering if anyone used them in the past.

Worst case scenario, just host with a disused older computer, Terraria is extremely easy on your hardware. Get a cheap domain and set up an DNS server if you absolutely need it to be on at all hours. Probably cost you less than using a crappy paid host service.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

DoubleCakes posted:

Looks like Terraria has truly jumped the shark! :iamafag:

You stole my line, you fiend!

Not sure if it will actually be 30 June (which is a Tuesday), but if it is, 1.3.1 will be 1 July.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

heck yes

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:eyepop:

Now let's hope they add all the Gateways guns too :allears:

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nXdtDgpPeE

Terraria's 1.3 trailer

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I am more excited for this patch than any of the recent AAA releases.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

GET HYPE

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
One more week, shame it falls on a Tuesday.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

It's been too long. There's gonna be so much new stuff! :haw:
I can't wait to get back into this, no other game hits quite the same notes that Terraria does.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

poo poo, from the look of that trailer, they're adding a story to the game.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

from the looks of the trailer they're adding more than people expected

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Expert Mode looks god drat horrifying. I wonder how the hell you trigger it and what new poo poo it brings. It'd be cool if they gave another Hell boss or something, but I have a feeling you beat a new boss up top and it sets your world to Expert.

Also, there were a lot of lasers in that trailer. If you go back and look at the first videos they were releasing for this game, you would never imagine that it would evolve into something like this. Hopefully all the Steam integration doesn't mean that TEdit will stop being a thing you can use.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It blows my mind how much value for money we've gotten from Terraria. 1.1/2/3 could very easily have been listed as expansions/DLC, but we're getting it all for free.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I'm loving hyped. These devs are insane :magical:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
:stare: that trailer tho. That's a lot more new cool poo poo than I was expecting.

SirSamVimes posted:

It blows my mind how much value for money we've gotten from Terraria. 1.1/2/3 could very easily have been listed as expansions/DLC, but we're getting it all for free.

Yeah, It's crazy that all the stuff from the original release to this was just like two and half bucks.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

ChibiSoma posted:

Expert Mode looks god drat horrifying. I wonder how the hell you trigger it and what new poo poo it brings. It'd be cool if they gave another Hell boss or something, but I have a feeling you beat a new boss up top and it sets your world to Expert.

Also, there were a lot of lasers in that trailer. If you go back and look at the first videos they were releasing for this game, you would never imagine that it would evolve into something like this. Hopefully all the Steam integration doesn't mean that TEdit will stop being a thing you can use.

I'll guess is a game mode, you can select at the beginning.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
I'm assuming those are new biomes they showed off. I wonder what they could be? Underground Desert? That second biome with the medusas and skeletons in Roman armor looked like it could be that or an expansion to the floating islands.

That third biome with worms and scorpions could be a desert expansion as well, or an alt/expansion to the Hallow since some of the enemies dropped Souls of Light there.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
The part of me that loves Terraria and hasn't played it in quite a while is happy to see new biomes and items, as well as seeing NPCs doing something.

The part of me that was here for 1.2 and its later patches wonders what new toys Mages will briefly get to use before another indignity is tossed at them.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I've been excited for 1.3 for a while anyway, and that trailer threw it into overdrive. So much cool stuff!

bij
Feb 24, 2007

gently caress yea that trailer. I've been hyped for 1.3 since they announced it, can't wait to mess with the portal gun.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

This looks great. Haven't played in a while, are the vampire knives still insanely good?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

This game is the best five dollars I have ever spent.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

But is it going to do anything to reduce the insane RNG Grind once you hit Hard Mode?

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Hunter Noventa posted:

But is it going to do anything to reduce the insane RNG Grind once you hit Hard Mode?

There is an easy and legitimate way to avoid the key mold grind.

This dude is annoying to listen to but the method works and it is 100% legit. You can see how to get every key or a specific key in a few minutes HERE

Granted it doesn't help with the hardmode dungeon.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Potential BFF posted:

There is an easy and legitimate way to avoid the key mold grind.

This dude is annoying to listen to but the method works and it is 100% legit. You can see how to get every key or a specific key in a few minutes HERE

Granted it doesn't help with the hardmode dungeon.
This is pretty okay but I find it's much better to use a flamethrower trap, because then the enemies you're farming can die right next to you and you'll pick most of the stuff up automatically instead of constantly having to dive down into the water.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

I've been excited for 1.3 for a while anyway, and that trailer threw it into overdrive. So much cool stuff!

DoubleNegative do you plan to make a new thread, or just update the OP (that it is great btw) ?

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Back the gently caress up a second, was that a Skeleton Merchant at 0:47? :aaa:

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.
Kinda sad I'm more hyped about this update than anything I saw at E3 (except Fallout.) Is anyone going to put up another goon server, finding all the cool new poo poo would be awesome with other goons.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Still wish I could dictate which biome the game would start me in. I love starting up in the snowy biome, but takes some world rerolling to not get one a ways off to the side. Wouldn't matter too much if there was world wrapping.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

I Said No posted:

Back the gently caress up a second, was that a Skeleton Merchant at 0:47? :aaa:

Ahaha, drat. I don't see how it couldn't be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

benzine posted:

DoubleNegative do you plan to make a new thread, or just update the OP (that it is great btw) ?

I figure the new patch will be a great time to post a new thread and overhaul the OP. Is there anything in particular you guys want to see in the new OP?

• Locked thread