Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

Not even playing this game, just watching a stream, but (huge spoiler, airship, srsly don't read if you care bout stuff) Babs shooting herself in the head is one hell of a moment. That legit effected me pretty hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
Hey, here's a tip: if you're having trouble with the Batmobile feeling sluggish and weird, change the battle mode to "toggle" in the options. On the PS4 it sets the transform function to RB1 (press once to transform, press twice to transform back - no holding down a button), and lets you use the left trigger as a brake like in a traditional driving game. Its made the racing stuff a lot easier for me.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kurtofan posted:

Goddamn game, jump scared me with (possibly) Manbat

Yes, that's him.

Infinitum posted:

Kate Kane (!!!)... Saying he needs to be more social

She's also getting married to someone named Maggie.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
Man, the game won't even -open- for me. As soon as the game starts it just hits a black screen and gives the Windows 7 "the application has stopped working" error. I'd kill for the FPS stutters at this rate :(

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm an unabashed Batman fan, and I've loved all of the other Arkham games. So what's the consensus on this one for XBone? I'm still working through Witcher 3, but it might be pretty fun to take a break and drive the Batmobile.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Hahah check the bio section in the batcomputer. Due to I guess the engine every single character is 6 feet, give or take an inch or two.

EDIT: the shortest character so far is Ivy, at 5 feet 8 inches.

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 23, 2015

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Sef! posted:

Hey, here's a tip: if you're having trouble with the Batmobile feeling sluggish and weird, change the battle mode to "toggle" in the options. On the PS4 it sets the transform function to RB1 (press once to transform, press twice to transform back - no holding down a button), and lets you use the left trigger as a brake like in a traditional driving game. Its made the racing stuff a lot easier for me.

I happened to try this a few moments ago as well, and it makes a big difference. In my opinion it makes both modes easier to handle.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So, PC fans, is it as bad as advertised? I've heard reports ranging from "sluggish, but okay" to "completely broken" and I'm not sure what to expect from my year old PC and GTX 770.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Spiritus Nox posted:

So, PC fans, is it as bad as advertised? I've heard reports ranging from "sluggish, but okay" to "completely broken" and I'm not sure what to expect from my year old PC and GTX 770.

They completely hosed it up. Don't buy it until they release a fix.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Mine runs alright but I seem to be in the minority. I unlocked the framerate (it's locked at 30 unless you change the ini file) and it fluctuates wildly between 60 and 20 depending on what's happening. I have a 970 for reference. No crashing or anything though. I just watched a comparison video and the PS4 version either looks the same or better in every single situation so right now it's hard to recommend anything but that.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Sluggish but OK here. My PC is i5-2500K, GTX680, 8 GB.

Looks visually worse than Arkham Origins.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spiritus Nox posted:

Runs absolutely fine for me and it looks great, but I beat the recommended specs so I'd be pretty pissed off if that wasn't the case.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Is the game itself as good as advertised, by the by? It had been receiving really good coverage until people started putting on their PCs, which kind of makes this into more of a bummer than poo poo like all of last year's mediocre and also broken Ubisoft games.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 24, 2015

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Yaos posted:

You can see stuff like that right around the start of the game. I had beat up a random bunch of thugs for the hell of it and turned around and there was a dude standing on a car doing nothing. He had a gas mask on and when I threw a batarang at him he vanished.

honestly that might just be a glitch, I've seen lots of random thugs just standing on hot dog carts and stuff for no reason, doing nothing.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

10 Beers posted:

I'm an unabashed Batman fan, and I've loved all of the other Arkham games. So what's the consensus on this one for XBone? I'm still working through Witcher 3, but it might be pretty fun to take a break and drive the Batmobile.

It's solid

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Let's give Batman a rocket suit that suplexes fools and leaves their corpses 3 blocks away.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Was I supposed to do something to lower the bridges to the last island? Riddler keeps insulting batman for not being able to do his dumb race because the batmobile can't get to the last island.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Sef! posted:

This sounds like a very good tip. Thank you

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Is there a way to disable the combat flashes that indicate when to counter? I played all the other games and Shadow of Mordor with them off, and I don't see an option...

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

motherbox posted:

Is there a way to disable the combat flashes that indicate when to counter? I played all the other games and Shadow of Mordor with them off, and I don't see an option...

If it's like Arkham City, they go away when you're on NG+. Changing the difficulty won't get rid of them.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Goddamn there are a bunch of DC references, looks like Rocksteady just said "gently caress it" and accepted everything as canon.

LexCorp, "the other guy in a cape", what I'm assuming is Ted Kord's electronics shop.

Also, what's with that sword on Jack Ryder's desk (#RyderGate)? Not Ra's or Az-bats, that's for sure.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I skimmed only the last three pages for this question so sorry if it was asked before: I keep getting a prompt to use a "Special Batarang Combo" with KBM, but it's unassigned by default and I'm not seeing it listed under the provided key bindings. Is it actually configurable, and I'm just missing it?

Also, Alt+1? Alt+3? Are these game controls, or macros for posting code snippets?

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 24, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

loving lol at it raining inside the clock tower when there's a roof over it and everything.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

2 hours in. Great game. I actually like the batmobile fighting sections, but don't care for the driving sections. It needs to have more forgiving controls since this is not a racing game

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I tried doing the first AR driving challenge you get and found that it was literally impossible to tell where I was supposed to be going. They put up arrow signs here and there, but the way this game looks it's incredibly difficult to pick out that stuff while driving, this seems really poorly designed unless I'm missing something obvious.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ShineDog posted:

Tons of little details in this game. The game calls back to a very minor action you can take in the first moments of the game an hour or two later.

If you don't shoot anyone as the cop the police watching him are amazed he held it together as well as he did, as opposed to if you shoot people they're horrified at what Scarecrow did to him

yeah and if you attack the taunting prisoner (there's no prompt) batman shuts him up.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Spiritus Nox posted:

I have a 4 year old i7 920 with gtx 780 and it runs smooth as butter.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Spiritus Nox posted:

From what i've read, folks with a 900 series card will find that the game runs pretty smooth (once you turn off this new interactive fog feature from Nvidea). Less than that then it's like rolling a dice and if you're on the 600 series then your expectations were way too high for what you card could do.

edit: Also, irrespective of the ability to run the game, it seems like the PC version is missing some extra graphical bells and whistles that give the PS4 version a little bit more pop.

Not sure if that's something that can be patched in or not (nor why it's missing in the first place).

Maybe it's the fear gas but i was wondering if a publisher would ever think of holding back graphical abilities on one platform kinda like a timed exclusive (aka DLC). Dead souls 2 had some DX11 version come out right (i never played it, just read a few outraged posts about it)? It wouldn't surprise me if publishers had graphical options up there on their list of things to carve up and sell off as "extras". Want that high res texture pack? That'll be £0.99 please. Ambient occlusion? another £2.00.

Kin fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 24, 2015

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Spiritus Nox posted:

Im on i5 3570k@ 3.4, 16G ram, AMD 7800 series (idk which one, lol) and it runs perfectly. It's on low for sure, but looks like 1.3 times better than City, I'd say? fine for me.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Kin posted:

From what i've read, folks with a 900 series card will find that the game runs pretty smooth (once you turn off this new interactive fog feature from Nvidea).

Worth noting that most people saying this seem to have a 970 or 980. I'm using a 960 and the performance is pretty bad.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

keyframe posted:

I have a 4 year old i7 920 with gtx 780 and it runs smooth as butter.

What kind of settings?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Worth noting that most people saying this seem to have a 970 or 980. I'm using a 960 and the performance is pretty bad.

I'm on a 770 and it runs pretty sweetly, I guess it's just a crapshoot really :shrug:

I should say I just went with whatever nvidia suggested were the optimal settings, so I imagine all the bells and whistles aren't turned on - game still looks fantastic to me though (better than City for sure) and runs very well.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
Does anyone have any idea why the game crashes on start? I have a 970, an fx-8350 and 16 gigs of ram. Windows 7 64-bit. I have all the Nvidia drivers up to date and I was even able to verify the cache for the game files. I'm kind of at a loss at this point on what to do besides maybe wait for a patch. Anyone have any suggestions?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Chello De Don posted:

Does anyone have any idea why the game crashes on start? I have a 970, an fx-8350 and 16 gigs of ram. Windows 7 64-bit. I have all the Nvidia drivers up to date and I was even able to verify the cache for the game files. I'm kind of at a loss at this point on what to do besides maybe wait for a patch. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tweaked the ini? Do you have anything else running? Your fx-8350 and an additional 8GB of RAM are the only different things between your rig and mine and i doubt it's the RAM.

Is it at a particular point, i.e. does it crash during the logos, or is it after the logos when it loads the first graphics during the menus?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Feels like Conroy is losing the voice a little bit. Or just getting old.

The Batmobile controls okay. Takes some getting used to. It's been a long time since I played Arkham City but Batmans controls feel a little awkward. Just have to get back in the saddle.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

Kin posted:

Have you tweaked the ini? Do you have anything else running? Your fx-8350 and an additional 8GB of RAM are the only different things between your rig and mine and i doubt it's the RAM.

Is it at a particular point, i.e. does it crash during the logos, or is it after the logos when it loads the first graphics during the menus?

Nah, it doesn't even get to the menus, it just shows that silly splash image of Batman hopping over the car and then it cuts to a black screen. I don't think I have ever encountered this problem, even with lovely ports, haha.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Hey guys, I got to the part where the i9 40gHz teams up with the AMD GX 950. I'm having trouble defeating the anti-alias fog shadow effect. I can only get him down to about 30 frames per second before a memory leak causes a kernel error.

Any help?

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
You have to get the nvidia gun and shoot the drivers at mr.freeze it's in a riddle challenge

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
There's a thread on Neogaf dedicated to the botched PC port. Apparently Iron Galaxy did the porting job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperSix
Aug 22, 2012
So they let me pick one of Mortal Combat X, Witcher 3, or this game when I bought my Xbox today...I hope I made the right call, about the start playing this tonight.

• Locked thread