Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

SuperSix posted:

So they let me pick one of Mortal Combat X, Witcher 3, or this game when I bought my Xbox today...I hope I made the right call, about the start playing this tonight.

You'll be fine if you're worried about performance, it supposedly runs well on the consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Game crashed so hard that even after turning off my ps4 the screen was still frozen on Batman jumping off a building. Even after unplugging it from the outlet. Had to unplug the power cable from the console itself.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Chello De Don posted:

You'll be fine if you're worried about performance, it supposedly runs well on the consoles.

indeed, although I highly recommend he also pick up the witcher 3 because it's also very good and runs well on xbox

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
Agreed. If I can't get this game running I'll just go back to playing the good game, Witcher 3.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is there a way to set the batmobile to a toggle to transform? I'm not a fan of holding down the trigger. I can't find it in the settings. I swore someone earlier posted something but I can't find it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Raged posted:

Is there a way to set the batmobile to a toggle to transform? I'm not a fan of holding down the trigger. I can't find it in the settings. I swore someone earlier posted something but I can't find it.

It was mentioned in the Games radar review I think but I can't see it.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Skeezy posted:

loving lol at it raining inside the clock tower when there's a roof over it and everything.

It also rains inside of Wayne Tower as well. Found that particularly funny because it was raining indoors in The Witcher 3 for me yesterday as well.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Skeezy posted:

It was mentioned in the Games radar review I think but I can't see it.

Same. Saw it in the review. Can't find it in the game.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Check for Battle Mode Toggle under Game Options, I didn't see it the first time I looked

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

Raged posted:

You have to get a certain amount into the game for it to show up in the options for some reason (can't access the option right out of the gate). I saw it pop up right around after you get the new suit. It's under game options above the brightness setting.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Jerusalem posted:

I'm on a 770 and it runs pretty sweetly, I guess it's just a crapshoot really :shrug:

I should say I just went with whatever nvidia suggested were the optimal settings, so I imagine all the bells and whistles aren't turned on - game still looks fantastic to me though (better than City for sure) and runs very well.

Sweet, hoping this means my 760TI will be able to do ok.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

This is fun and all but it is exactly what I expected when I heard they were putting the Batmobile in is that every single door/problem you find has a batmobile shaped key it's just annoying at this point.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

randombattle posted:

Was I supposed to do something to lower the bridges to the last island? Riddler keeps insulting batman for not being able to do his dumb race because the batmobile can't get to the last island.

I ran into that too. It turns out you just have to keep doing the main story until Batman asks Alfred to lower the bridges.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

socialsecurity posted:

This is fun and all but it is exactly what I expected when I heard they were putting the Batmobile in is that every single door/problem you find has a batmobile shaped key it's just annoying at this point.

Yeah, I could really not give less of a poo poo about this stupid gimmick car, I've only just finished the Ace Chemicals section and so far I've not really enjoyed anything apart from the combat.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
My next story mission takes place in a blimp, can't wait to see how the Batmobile gets its way into this situation!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The batmobile is win.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The batmobile is win.

Yeah but how do I make it do the burnout I saw in trailers a lot.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

i bought this on gmg because i hate myself. apparently the game is nothing short of especially harrowing on amd cards and considering the amount of complaining from nvidia users in this thread i've almost certainly cornholed my wallet like batman cornholes robin every night

still, batman!!!!!! wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Yeah, I could really not give less of a poo poo about this stupid gimmick car, I've only just finished the Ace Chemicals section and so far I've not really enjoyed anything apart from the combat.

*punches you so hard in the balls you ragdoll and throw up all over yourself*

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Yeah but how do I make it do the burnout I saw in trailers a lot.

Hold x and accelerate at the same time.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

By x, I mean powerslide.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hey knuc hold that guy down while I pull his cock and balls off with the awesome Batmobile winch.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

SuperSix posted:

So they let me pick one of Mortal Combat X, Witcher 3, or this game when I bought my Xbox today...I hope I made the right call, about the start playing this tonight.

as someone who's played tons of witcher 3 and none of this and has really no place telling you what to buy; you chose wrong

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

James Woods Fan posted:

There's a thread on Neogaf dedicated to the botched PC port. Apparently Iron Galaxy did the porting job.

making space in my wallet for the £2 i'll get in the class action as we speak

i'm hoping there's an optional qte sequence where i can reverse cowgirl jason todd on the lawn of wayne manor as penance for being the go-to-guy for easily predictable batman plot twists. not in a non-consensual way, just the kind of s&m stuff batman's obviously way into

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 24, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SuperSix posted:

You could of either chosen an ok game with a good pc port, a good game with a loving heinous pc port, or an incredibly win game with a workable but overall bad pc port.. yeah I think you came out on top my friend.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

You could of either chosen an ok game with a good pc port, a good game with a loving heinous pc port, or an incredibly win game with a workable but overall bad pc port.. yeah I think you came out on top my friend.

but witcher 3 is GOTY and has a good pc port????????????? u get the best of both worlds

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Witcher 3 barely scrapes top 12.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Spiritus Nox posted:

What kind of settings?

A mix of normal/high and enhanced debris/light shaft and rain turned on under gameworks.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

just stop playing it's not going to get better for you

I'm enjoying the batmobile, and even the weird fighting parts that keep getting in the way of my driving my car. like they are ok, but I could do without the brawling minigames, just let me drive!

edit: this is a bad joke I love this game

ethanol fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 24, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Proposition Joe posted:

My next story mission takes place in a blimp, can't wait to see how the Batmobile gets its way into this situation!

The Batwing. Duh. :v:

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I'm not sure how they decided that brake/reverse should not be L2, but they did.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

seems like a more consistent and better value package than this game which from what i've heard is functionally identical (with minor iterative improvements obv) to the previous instalment apart from the addition of a gimmick no one particularly likes. it's probably a dece game and i'll likely have fun with it if my computer doesn't choke and die but from what i've been hearing it doesn't really sound like goty material

e: i bought the 'standard edition' which was priced before discount at the normal retail price of a game. what did i miss not getting the 'baller edition' that was like £70? does it include that harley quinn mission that got a 'full walkthrough' from the batman videos channel i'm subbed to that was 13 minutes long? or does it include the costume from the (bad) frank miller cartoon? or is it just a bundle with the season pass included?

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 24, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I will no longer tolerate Witcher 3 discussion here.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Of the decade maybe *slowly rides the batmobile sideways out of the thread*

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Uppercut a dude into the air and the batmobile assist opens fire on him with a minigun. Outstanding. It's uh, a nonlethal minigun.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

For those of you that don't like the batmobile, wait until the riddler's revenge. hah.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Worth noting that most people saying this seem to have a 970 or 980. I'm using a 960 and the performance is pretty bad.

It's a total crapshoot. I have a 760 GTX and an old i7 3770k, but the game runs flawlessly for me with everything maxed out (including the new silly nvidia stuff) at 1680x1050. Only .ini tweak I've done is to up the framecap to 120. It's probably not running consistently at 60fps at all times, but it's close with no noticeable dips.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I will no longer tolerate Witcher 3 discussion here.

well it's not exactly the place for it but it has to be said that for a sequel to be GOTY in the absence of an original premise it has to be undeniably superior, at least mechanically. i haven't heard a convincing argument that this game is more than a slightly more refined City with a dumb boondoggle attached.

again i loved asylum, liked city and am gay for batman when he's not some middle aged guy's power fantasy vicariously ethnic cleansing a city block. i'll probably have a lot of fun with this game but it doesn't sound like GOTY material

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 24, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Generic Monk posted:

well it's not exactly the place for it but it has to be said that for a sequel to be GOTY in the absence of an original premise it has to be undeniably superior, at least mechanically. i haven't heard a convincing argument that this game is more than a slightly more refined City with a dumb boondoggle attached.

you can fly higher is that not enough for you jesus gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

ethanol posted:

you can fly higher is that not enough for you jesus gently caress

ok i'm sold

• Locked thread