Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp

Kwilty posted:

Smol's probabtion while bitching about a banned guy being back is prime-time moderating. :bravo:

lmao get owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Geschwafel posted:

ge is the new s1 gg rekt no re

I don't know why they even bother with this fancy naming scheme, all the ranks should just be silver #, we are all silver

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
New update.

https://github.com/SteamDatabase/GameTracking/commit/1668d8ed417a90fd13807b41611d2ea055d6f561

Some script spellchecks and sound changes.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Xenoith posted:

lmao get owned

Shut the gently caress up Akumos.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
there's very little clear evidence that this thread isnt comprised exclusively of akumos alt accounts. i know i'm not akumos. do you?

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Thom and the Heads posted:

there's very little clear evidence that this thread isnt comprised exclusively of akumos alt accounts. i know i'm not akumos. do you?

I don't currently look like a neonazi, so I do not think I am Akumos.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

I guess the jig is up. Congrats, you figured it out! You're the only person who isn't Akumos! And not just in the thread, but EVERYWHERE!

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I hope I'm not akumos... Would suck to get VACed because of a lovely split personality who sucks at games and has to cheat.

Bet I could beat him 1 on 1 even if he was hacking again.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

grimcreaper posted:

Bet I could beat him 1 on 1 even if he was hacking again.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! ALL BETS ARE ON AS AKUMOS* FIGHTS GRIMCREAPER IN A 1V1 IN BUTTMAN!

*with hacks

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

I would not hack on my account as i now have a knife worth at least $260, and I had spent to much money on games just got it all to be lost, so I am not akumos

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I'm Akumos!

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
If people hate that Akumos is posting here so much, why not just add him to your ignore list?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Suran37 posted:

If people hate that Akumos is posting here so much, why not just add him to your ignore list?

ban this guy and delete all the gay rear end posts that are not about how great playing cs is

J
Jun 10, 2001

symbolic posted:

Hell, someone mind reviewing this demo of mine? I felt like I played well, topfragging and all, but I want to know what I could do better to reach DMG and above.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-pjEHS-wMsLM-nZQch-9XZkS-2vDuA

Oh hi you posted another demo. I wrote a whole lotta words for the other one you posted and that is real time consuming so I'll just answer your question by rattling off some things you'll need to work on to get to DMG+ in no particular order from this demo without going into round by round details:

1) Grenade work. If you're gonna pull out a grenade then you better throw it immediately after rather than sitting there thinking about it. More importantly, you are peeking angles to throw a grenade. That is Real Bad, never ever peek an angle with a grenade in hand. For example, on a couple occasions working your way into B you were super determined to get a HE grenade in the dark spot in the back corner, exposing yourself to all sorts of angles the CT in B could kill you from. Gun out, clear angles 1 by 1.
2) Even when you didn't have a grenade in hand, you weren't clearing angles on your way into B very well. They had a CT who liked to sit behind the fountain and your crosshair was never really near either of those angles as you worked your way in. When you're working into a site slowly, clear angles 1 by 1 without exposing yourself to multiple angles whenever possible.
3) You had a dude who was generally pretty eager to entry frag. Support that guy! Throw smokes for him sooner, and be closer to him so if he dies you are in position to scoot up and fight whoever killed him. A couple times he got killed and nobody was close enough to attempt to trade and had to run away.
4) In general you are still really tentative on T side. Real slow to buy and get out of the spawn, never taking initiative anywhere on the map, just sort of waiting around for teammates to do something. As if you were scared you'd get berated or something for not falling in line. The most aggressive thing you did at the start of any round was rush the log pile in banana and hold the car angle until your teammates pushed up, never pushing up yourself. A CT team can get real comfy when the T team plays super slow each and every round. I know a lot of this is team dependent and if your whole team is slow, obviously you don't want to just rush in and die uselessly. But don't be afraid to be the entry fragger!
5)The most important thing on this list - crosshair placement. As you check angles and turn corners you gotta have that crosshair at head level. There were a few times that game where you had solid crosshair placement and got rewarded for it, and other times it was Real Bad and you got killed. One time you were going into apartment rather haphazardly and had your crosshair at some dude's feet on the stairs for example when it needed to be much higher. On the flip side, one time you were coming out of boiler and clearing porch to the right and you had it dead on the guy and you dropped him, that was good. Having consistently good crosshair placement will take you a long, long way.

There's a few other things I can think of but they are round specific and :effort:, hope that helps! :)

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
poo poo dude. That inferno game was stupid. One super new account on each side, and they both slowly escalated their hacks at each other. We ended up being on the sidelines towards the end, instantly dying if we came into view.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

J posted:

Oh hi you posted another demo. I wrote a whole lotta words for the other one you posted and that is real time consuming so I'll just answer your question by rattling off some things you'll need to work on to get to DMG+ in no particular order from this demo without going into round by round details:

1) Grenade work. If you're gonna pull out a grenade then you better throw it immediately after rather than sitting there thinking about it. More importantly, you are peeking angles to throw a grenade. That is Real Bad, never ever peek an angle with a grenade in hand. For example, on a couple occasions working your way into B you were super determined to get a HE grenade in the dark spot in the back corner, exposing yourself to all sorts of angles the CT in B could kill you from. Gun out, clear angles 1 by 1.
2) Even when you didn't have a grenade in hand, you weren't clearing angles on your way into B very well. They had a CT who liked to sit behind the fountain and your crosshair was never really near either of those angles as you worked your way in. When you're working into a site slowly, clear angles 1 by 1 without exposing yourself to multiple angles whenever possible.
3) You had a dude who was generally pretty eager to entry frag. Support that guy! Throw smokes for him sooner, and be closer to him so if he dies you are in position to scoot up and fight whoever killed him. A couple times he got killed and nobody was close enough to attempt to trade and had to run away.
4) In general you are still really tentative on T side. Real slow to buy and get out of the spawn, never taking initiative anywhere on the map, just sort of waiting around for teammates to do something. As if you were scared you'd get berated or something for not falling in line. The most aggressive thing you did at the start of any round was rush the log pile in banana and hold the car angle until your teammates pushed up, never pushing up yourself. A CT team can get real comfy when the T team plays super slow each and every round. I know a lot of this is team dependent and if your whole team is slow, obviously you don't want to just rush in and die uselessly. But don't be afraid to be the entry fragger!
5)The most important thing on this list - crosshair placement. As you check angles and turn corners you gotta have that crosshair at head level. There were a few times that game where you had solid crosshair placement and got rewarded for it, and other times it was Real Bad and you got killed. One time you were going into apartment rather haphazardly and had your crosshair at some dude's feet on the stairs for example when it needed to be much higher. On the flip side, one time you were coming out of boiler and clearing porch to the right and you had it dead on the guy and you dropped him, that was good. Having consistently good crosshair placement will take you a long, long way.

There's a few other things I can think of but they are round specific and :effort:, hope that helps! :)
I really do need to work on my nade placement and T aggressiveness. I have always struggled with those, as I'm usually a more defensive player than an offensive player. I am actually quite terrified of dying first, so I need to conquer that fear. At least my crosshair placement has improved consistently since my last demo, that much I know. I can consistently frag now without major luck.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So I finally went back and did the knife kills in gun game mission. Don't know why I had so many problems last time, I managed to do it in 3 games this time, with 6 kills in one game.

Well at least I don't have to do that again. Might actually do the missions again now.

J
Jun 10, 2001

symbolic posted:

I really do need to work on my nade placement and T aggressiveness. I have always struggled with those, as I'm usually a more defensive player than an offensive player. I am actually quite terrified of dying first, so I need to conquer that fear. At least my crosshair placement has improved consistently since my last demo, that much I know. I can consistently frag now without major luck.

Yep, compared to the last demo it got better, and your CT side you generally were in a more useful area of the map more frequently. You also had a lot fewer instances of walking in spots where there was no reason to be walking, which was a huge problem in the previous demo. As far as worrying about being the first one dead, if it helps, think of it this way - that first entry frag is incredibly valuable. Yes, you'll die often being the first one in. But sometimes you'll get a kill, and that 1 kill alone massively increases the team's chances of winning the round. 1 entry frag is worth more than a bunch of exit frags on lost rounds. If you get that entry frag, tell your team to get the hell in the site. You'll also find that entry fragging will help you with your crosshair placement in general, since it has to be on point to even have a chance. You'll see all the cheeky angles people initially play and know to clear them next time whether you're entry fragging or not.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I tried out the new technique (entry fragging, nade placeage/usage, etc.) and they worked out well.

Considering, y'know, both games had an LE+ smurf on the other team that carried them, with both games ending 16-4.

:shepicide:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

J posted:

:words:

This all seems like pretty good advice for everyone in general.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I'm bad at this game. gently caress advice, shoot people in the head ya goofball. Also elo hell was a real thing

its all of matchmaking

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

God drat yo, that loving fire damage mission is taking longer than I thought. Throwing molotovs is fun as hell though but I swear there's a weird delay between actually clicking and the loving bottle/grenade leaving your hands

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Some guy on the other team was talking poo poo about our team through an entire comp game and was then rewarded with an M4A4 Poseidon when it was over.

Apparently Valve rewards assholes. :shrug:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I'm bad at this game. gently caress advice, shoot people in the head ya goofball. Also elo hell was a real thing

its all of matchmaking

I'm bad too. Using goon advice helps me maximize My Fun.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I just threw incend grenades as CT at A long on dust 2 and got some burn damage up bit by bit. A lot of it came from T side when I hosed up a throw and it landed in the corner at cat stairs and an enemy CT blundered down into it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Hearing the hostage's ragged breathing in my ear is horrifying.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
quick question: where do i go to get a knife price checked? that slaughter i opened earlier had some non-zebra patters and so i was wondering what it was worth. i threw it up on reddit but it got buried under everything

Crop_Top_9000
Jun 20, 2014

this new operation has hella lore in the mission intros

for example, did you know the CTs are actually the Coalition Taskforce?

crazy stuff

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Awesome Welles posted:

God drat yo, that loving fire damage mission is taking longer than I thought. Throwing molotovs is fun as hell though but I swear there's a weird delay between actually clicking and the loving bottle/grenade leaving your hands

The best way to do this is queue with a friend. Get him on the opposite team, coordinate where to be and throw a fire nade for him to stand in. You'll finish it in two rounds.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
This 2 win a day poo poo during rank placement suuuuuuuucks

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Yeah it blows if you're up for an evening of counterstrike w/ your friends and then get two quick wins in an hour, but you'll soon have your 10 wins and forget all about it

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Coming back from being down 6-14 to a 15-15 tie I think creates more rage for the other team than if you beat them soundly

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Kwilty posted:

Smol's probabtion while bitching about a banned guy being back is prime-time moderating. :bravo:

do you for some reason think that if someone has been banned that they can't come back again? Do other people think this as well? Just kind of weird that i'm seeing reports for "akumos parachute account" as if he was permabanned or something (he wasn't) or that I told him specifically to never come back again (i didnt)

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Luna Was Here posted:

quick question: where do i go to get a knife price checked? that slaughter i opened earlier had some non-zebra patters and so i was wondering what it was worth. i threw it up on reddit but it got buried under everything

I would keep posting a PC on reddit, eventually someone will see it offer a PC. Otherwise search around reddit/csgolounge for similar knives, the prices don't swing too wildly for slaughters these days.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

symbolic posted:

Imho if you want to be successful on T side you have to feel comfortable with working solo. Inferno is a tough map to try to be aggressive on T without good teamwork. But you can still do a lot by yourself.

Banana is one of those spots. Get comfortable throwing a running molotov car and flashing sandbags/cart. And practice sitting logs until someone peeks car, etc. Or even awping from the planter at T stairs. Imho banana is a T sided area at most ranks. Force the CTs sit deep in B every round and you gain a big advantage.

Apts is a bit harder but you can do some good solo work there too. From apt stairs you can molly boiler and flash right in front of dark room door. From balcony you can molly dark room. The CT playing apts is often the easiest to kill as he likely doesn't have any backup. Do this well and the CTs will abandon apts.

Another option, albeit a more difficult one is smoking one side of mid and pop flashing. If you do this enough the CTs will start to smoke mid, giving you another area of the map.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPPIOtY__bA

Can someone with a AMD card check this out. If you download the program from http://www.radeonpro.info/ you can set a something called Flip Queue Size to 1 instead of the driver default of 3. Apparently this reduces mouse lag. I tried it and the mouse movement does seem "tighter" but it's not night and day and could just be placebo.

Anyone want to try this to see if they notice anything?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Kewpuh posted:

do you for some reason think that if someone has been banned that they can't come back again? Do other people think this as well? Just kind of weird that i'm seeing reports for "akumos parachute account" as if he was permabanned or something (he wasn't) or that I told him specifically to never come back again (i didnt)

I wasn't being sarcastic though.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Legit CT Inferno question. If two people are holding arch side mid, and one is at quad holding boiler, is apps really covered?

"CAL-I" guy decided to emphasize that point for 2 minutes in a game. I don't see how balcony is covered at all. I rotated to look at balcony when he stacked with me after I heard an apps call and he lit me up for it.

e: visual aids, pic 1 is how we set up, pic 2 is when I rotated after the call. Was I in the wrong?

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 24, 2015

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Xenaero posted:

Legit CT Inferno question. If two people are holding arch side mid, and one is at quad holding boiler, is apps really covered?

"CAL-I" guy decided to emphasize that point for 2 minutes in a game. I don't see how balcony is covered at all. I rotated to look at balcony when he stacked with me after I heard an apps call and he lit me up for it.

No. "Cal I" guy is a clown. If you had somebody in boiler then it's a different story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Kewpuh posted:

i dunno i guess most of us just don't really care for MRA shitlords who's contribution is just being a piece of poo poo

it's not really the bad posting, the cheating, the MRA posting, the absurd sephiroth self portraits, the "dank memes", it's the combination of all of them

• Locked thread