Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Could someone find me a video of just one scene? In crook bag bog.

I saved Anna and gave her to the baron to heal her. I know she turns into a hag if I did the bad option. As far as I understand it'd take me at least an hour to redo the whole thing to get that bad option, and also I don't have a close save file. So I want to know what happens when she turns into a hag, so a video of just that part where they go to the children's village and discover she's a hag, then whatever they do with said hag

I looked at YouTube but the ones I've found have spoilers, some even in the title, or only show the option other than the one I'm asking for. I don't want to ruin the game for myself because is not finished yet.

For reference In gameplay I am at

Finished Velen, Novigrad, but only did the first Skellige quest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
For all his friends' poo poo giving, the G.E.R.A.L.T. plan to seduce sorceresses seems to be a sure thing.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Thin Privilege posted:

Could someone find me a video of just one scene? In crook bag bog.

I saved Anna and gave her to the baron to heal her. I know she turns into a hag if I did the bad option. As far as I understand it'd take me at least an hour to redo the whole thing to get that bad option, and also I don't have a close save file. So I want to know what happens when she turns into a hag, so a video of just that part where they go to the children's village and discover she's a hag, then whatever they do with said hag

I looked at YouTube but the ones I've found have spoilers, some even in the title, or only show the option other than the one I'm asking for. I don't want to ruin the game for myself because is not finished yet.

For reference In gameplay I am at

Finished Velen, Novigrad, but only did the first Skellige quest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyTey9ojsP0

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Moridin920 posted:

For all his friends' poo poo giving, the G.E.R.A.L.T. plan to seduce sorceresses seems to be a sure thing.

Genie
Enforced
Romance,
Amnesiac
Lied to by
Triss

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

(Baron's quest spoilers) - this one has the next part after that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MNHDkynOXM

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Crappy Jack posted:

Genie
Enforced
Romance,
Amnesiac
Lied to by
Triss

Triss being a lying piece of poo poo is no joke. I mean the whole pretending that she was the Sorceress that Geralt was in love with during TW1 and 2 was repulsive, but I'm reading the books and right out of the gate in the first book it turns out she cast a spell on Geralt so she could bang him during one of his fights with Yen. If I'd known that the first time round I would have gone with Shani goddamnit.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Bort Bortles posted:

And got salty when our "echo chamber" called him out on it.

I missed that where is the post?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Sure you don't have a source of natural regeneration that you only noticed when you were examining your newly-yellow health bar?

Apparently I have a 1/s vitality regeneration without any equipment that I never noticed beforehand. :shrug:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dunno about you guys, but "gently caress yes, summon the bitches!" is the best line in the game.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Sorry, that's supposed to say "Lambert's Vesemir impression" :colbert:

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Crappy Jack posted:

Genie
Enforced
Romance,
Amnesiac
Lied to by
Triss

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i romanced triss, and then banged yen once and then never did her other quests. i got the good ending.

Triss/Yen Romance: I banged Yen on the unicorn, then broke up with her during the quest, then I hopped back to to Novigrad to do Triss' quest and hook up with her. Am I screwed?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This is a linguistics related question, but what's with all the pronoun dropping in the English version of the game? English is not generally considered a pro-drop language.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Samurai Sanders posted:

This is a linguistics related question, but what's with all the pronoun dropping in the English version of the game? English is not generally considered a pro-drop language.

Some examples?

It's also supposed to reflect a more fantasy/medieval dialect, especially with the peasant misery simulator bits--these are uneducated serfs, essentially.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

E: nothing can redeem how stale that post was

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's mostly geralt, and I chalk it up to how ~gritty~ he is. It's obviously intentional.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The way Geralt talks actually kind of annoys me. He's the only character in the entire game that doesn't speak in ye olde fantasy setting English and once I noticed it I couldn't stop noticing it. He speaks like he's straight out of a modern detective novel even when he's not doing detective-ing.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

CJacobs posted:

The way Geralt talks actually kind of annoys me. He's the only character in the entire game that doesn't speak in ye olde fantasy setting English and once I noticed it I couldn't stop noticing it. He speaks like he's straight out of a modern detective novel even when he's not doing detective-ing.

that's how rivians talk, i think

This game is just packed with anachronisms, its part of the charm of it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Rivia must be a terrifying place if everybody there talks like Max Payne. Men, women, and children, all saying half a sentence and mumbling to themselves while narrating their own inner thoughts out loud. Just people walking around noticing things they find suspicious without even trying.

"Hmm... interesting..."

"Honey... noticed you standing out here on the lawn." (both the husband and wife talk in geralt's voice)

"Afternoon, dear. Was just doing the laundry, noticed a suspicious stain on your doublet."

"Interesting."

"Care to explain?"

*the husband's secret lover from Skellige reveals themselves* "YER NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS LASS BUT AHM JUST THE MAIL WOMAN BEGORRAH"

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 24, 2015

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

do vesimir, lambert or eskel have it?

what is lethos accent... sarcerresses

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think that's mostly Geralt? Who speaks in a pretty generic American dialect.

It's pretty common in informal speech, texting, even emails. Geralt does it a ton and it's meant to emphasize he's a terse, sarcastic, gruff wiseass.

Mostly you'd drop the first person pronoun in brief informal speech.

Hmm. Saw his tracks leading under the bridge. Mmm. Bloody ribbon on the shore. Mhm. Probably attacked by drowners, drug away. Ugh. Should search on the far side of the shore.

It doesn't strike me as unusual as a native speaker of American English, really that's more or less how my mental train of thought goes. If I were to speak like that in real life I'd come across as a weirdo but it's exaggerated to emphasize Geralt's personality and also to give us his inner monologue. A lot of the time on hunts where you're just getting his verbal updates on tracking a monster, you get sentence fragments. To me that feels like perfectly natural internal dialogue, stream of consciousness.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Fonzarelli posted:

that's how rivians talk, i think

This game is just packed with anachronisms, its part of the charm of it.

Geralt's not actually from Rivia :ssh:

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

CJacobs posted:

Rivia must be a terrifying place if everybody there talks like Max Payne. Men, women, and children, all saying half a sentence and mumbling to themselves while narrating their own inner thoughts out loud. Just people walking around noticing things they find suspicious without even trying.

"Hmm... interesting..."

"Honey... noticed you standing out here on the lawn." (both the husband and wife talk in geralt's voice)

"Afternoon, dear. Was just doing the laundry, noticed a suspicious stain on your doublet."

"Interesting."

"Care to explain?"

*the husband's secret lover from Skellige reveals themselves* "YER NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS LASS BUT AHM JUST THE MAIL WOMAN BEGORRAH"

Geralt isn't actually from Rivia.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You cannot change my headcanon

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
It's been a while since I played them but I first thought Geralt sounded like solid snake. It's a little distracting, but I'm starting to get into it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Calaveron posted:

Geralt's not actually from Rivia :ssh:

Sankis posted:

Geralt isn't actually from Rivia.

The second half of these sentences should be ", but he copied the accent of Rivians to match the moniker" so the point still stands.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Is there a way I can limit FPS? I get 40-60fps but I think there would be less stutters if it was consistently on 40.

I'm running a GTX970 (Gigabyte) and am looking in the NVidia options but not sure where to find it or if I need to get a different software.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That wraith contract on the lighthouse in skellige can suck a dick on a couple of different levels.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Artelier posted:

Is there a way I can limit FPS? I get 40-60fps but I think there would be less stutters if it was consistently on 40.

I'm running a GTX970 (Gigabyte) and am looking in the NVidia options but not sure where to find it or if I need to get a different software.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html

I have a 970 too and I use this to cap the framerate @ 45. It does indeed eliminate stuttering for me.

FuriousGeorge fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 24, 2015

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Willfrey posted:

what is lethos accent... sarcerresses

Welsh guy doing Brooklyn gangster.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ok how am I even supposed to kill this specter at the lighthouse? I'm not even underleveled and specter oil and Yrden don't seem to do poo poo even though they are listed as weaknesses. I can't even put a dent in this thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If it's the one I'm thinking of, the guy has to light the fire before you can damage the wraith. Which I'm pretty sure they have a lengthy conversation about beforehand. If he has lit the fire, it's an add boss, so at pre-determined health intervals it'll teleport away and spawn a circle of regular wraiths around you, then when they're dead it'll attack again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh am I supposed to just follow him and ignore the wraiths at first then? Because I stuck it out for like 10 minutes and still couldn't hit the thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh. No, he goes off and does it on his own, you don't have to follow him once the boss spawns. It shouldn't take THAT long though, so I don't know what's wrong. I don't think you have to magic trap it in order to damage it though, unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I think this is intentional and I've always viewed the game as a low fantasy noir story.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CJacobs posted:

Oh. No, he goes off and does it on his own, you don't have to follow him once the boss spawns. It shouldn't take THAT long though, so I don't know what's wrong. I don't think you have to magic trap it in order to damage it though, unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

Ok yeah I loaded a different save and it worked after about a minute. He wasn't turning vulnerable for some reason.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

what's up with the pigs in Lurtch? I'm told i'm supposed to inspect them with my witcher senses, but they just glow red and it says pig on them. thanks geralt. i know it's a pig. now give me a prompt.
is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Kaer Trolde Harbor is beautiful in the fog. They nailed how that type of weather feels.

It's really nice to finally see games using fog as, well, fog, and not to hide draw distance.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Just beat the game, I'm at like 140 hours with probably 50 or so questions marks left and lots of side quests left.

Holy poo poo that ending. gently caress Redania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

Artelier posted:

You should be able to get solid 60 with that. Here's how:

Everything on Ultra except shadows at high or medium depending on your OC and foliage distance at high.
Hairworks off
V-sync off

Nvidia control panel: Prefer maximum performance in power settings, threaded optimization on, single-display performance mode, v-sync on, pre-rendered frames=1

Then use RivaTuner to limit the frame rate at 60.