Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

shady anachronism posted:

I hadn't played since before 7*s came out, but I decided to jump on again recently. I added myself to the new spreadsheet (2017206382 if anyone wants to add me).

I pulled a couple of times and got Aaron and Quaid so I guess I'll be leveling them. I've also got Griel, Selena and Kikuri leveled to 7* now, which all seem to be decent. Now I need to catch up on all the new content.

Nice pulls! While I'm over here with my 8th Elza dupe q.q

The waifu is strong with her though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Trebek posted:

I just refresh until I find an Atro or Sefia leader. Usually it's all mono light.

This is generally good information: Atro and Sefia leaders tend to run Mono-Light teams, Magress and Kikuri tend to be Mono-Dark (and Dark is easy to find in the arena anyway since Elza and Kikuri), Selena (and Serin??? :psyduck: Arena teams still running purely 4-5* squads in Master rank) tends to be mono-water, and if you have to get 10 Fire/Earth/Lightning kills, then hahahaha gently caress you grind the arena.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

How many sol creators do you want on a team? I ended up hoarding 7 sphere frogs so I just spent them all on whoever was in my current quest or arena team who didn't have one already, I still have 3 left over.

Now I'm wondering how many sol creators is enough sol creators. I have 3 right now but i could go grind out the materials until I have more if need be.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Agent355 posted:

How many sol creators do you want on a team? I ended up hoarding 7 sphere frogs so I just spent them all on whoever was in my current quest or arena team who didn't have one already, I still have 3 left over.

Now I'm wondering how many sol creators is enough sol creators. I have 3 right now but i could go grind out the materials until I have more if need be.

Sol Creators work on a per-unit basis. If you don't have anything better to fit in your second sphere slot, slap a Sol Creator in there. Having six might be a little excessive, but not enough to make it a horrible idea. You may not use all of them at once, but it's better to have them in case, you know?

tl;dr: never enough sol creators.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

CashEnsign posted:

So I just reinstalled this game, read the OP and tried to make a decent unit page.

http://dewey.zapto.org/units/270/

I am currently working on finishing the quest line, my next goals are to get a Maxwell (haven't even attempted the trials) and start on my 7* characters, specifically Selena. With my unit list, what would be good teams for those goals? Also, anyone on that list I should immediately drop? I have 140 spots open and the rest is filled with evol materials + xp units. Lvl 108 so trying to level to have a full 6* team.

Right now I am running:
Ultor(b)
Darvanshel(L)
Hogar(a)
Zephyr(b) only 5*
Themis(g)

You can drop a few, by that I mean trade them in for merit points. Of that list I would hold onto Darvanshel, Fiora, Selena, Rickel, Copra, Eve, Lance, Douglas, Edea, Nalmika, Eze, Grybe, Melchio, Lilith, Hogar, Alice, Kikuri, Ultor, Kuda, Fei, Fang, Rin, Len, Hadaron.

Edea, Copra, Melchio, Alice and Ultor all have confirmed 7*'s coming. Rickel and Douglas I'm guessing will get one eventually.

Edit: Just randomly I tried to do that Maxwell in 15 turns challenge. Took Diana lead, Shera, Ardin, Selena, Kanon, Kira friend. It worked :). I really thought I was going over 15 towards the end. Lost 2 units when she did that destiny + endless turn after you kill her the first time. I think she does that every 4th turn so I'm guessing I did it in 13. I remember it took me like a solid month to beat her when I first did it 5-6 months ago. My how this game has changed.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jun 21, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Rickel and Douglas really need infinite SBB; they were outclassed as soon as that became a recurring gimmick.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
They need more than that if you want people to actually use them.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Is there anywhere in questing that you can get miracle totems?

Also, any chance if you fuse a sphere frogged unit to a unit without it, the receiving unit gets the sphere slot? Got a type upgrade.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Gerdalti posted:

Also, any chance if you fuse a sphere frogged unit to a unit without it, the receiving unit gets the sphere slot? Got a type upgrade.

No miracle totem drops in questing. There is one in the store for 1000 merit points I believe.

Pretty sure 100% no on the 2nd question. Would be nice though!

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Gerdalti posted:

No.

No.

Same with Imps. They won't carry over from one unit fused into another. Would be nice but nooooooooooo.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dizz posted:

They need more than that if you want people to actually use them.

7* Douglas: 50 hit AOE SBB with 85-90% spark damage buff. :getin:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Evil Fluffy posted:

7* Douglas: 50 hit AOE SBB with 85-90% spark damage buff. :getin:

Give it an earth element buff to the party and now we're talking.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
That new mock unit has a pretty decent leader skill for the Arena.

LS: Ardent Seduction - Huge boost in BC and HC drop rate (25%), huge boost to BB gauge fill rate (40%) & high chance of inflicting Poison and Curse (20%)

Basically Rin + Elza in one unit.

Edit: Tried a blind attempt at the new trial. Didn't go well at all. Even taking Ardin, using a crit leader and taking Tazer along felt like I was doing no damage at all. Guess it's time to read up on this one.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 22, 2015

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
FFfff. 4 summons; alice, alice, falma, farlon. Was shooting for Kanon or Claire.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
That new unit Ruby looks like Lario on steroids.

Looks like once again the crit buff and BC gen units are the only decent ones of this batch. Another lovely Alpha/Rize clone, another Healer that no one will use. Balgran looks extra terrible.

I'm gonna put Diana up for a few days if anyone needs her for the new trial. Full imps with Malice + Fallacy. 4368009823

Trebek fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 22, 2015

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

Pulled three times hoping for a feeva....arus dupe, oguro (g), and hadaron dupe....fml.

:negative:

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Had two summon tickets and decided to try my luck.

Ogburo (O) - Not a bad unit, too bad I already have Kikuri though

Agni - At least his 6* looks cool.

I'm looking forward to Edea 7* coming soon. If they actually make it so you can get her ES (Status removal) then I'll already drop Griel as my lead and get to finally retire Shera.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Ratmtattat posted:

Had two summon tickets and decided to try my luck.

Ogburo (O) - Not a bad unit, too bad I already have Kikuri though

Agni - At least his 6* looks cool.

I'm looking forward to Edea 7* coming soon. If they actually make it so you can get her ES (Status removal) then I'll already drop Griel as my lead and get to finally retire Shera.

I believe her sphere is still attainable in the vortex.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
In need of a goon opinion. I have an Oracle Quaid at 6* already sphere frogged, and a Breaker 5*. Should I just evolve the Oracle and be done with it, or use the Breaker instead? I'm out of sphere frogs, and have about 6 other units that could use one already. Is Breaker enough of an improvement?

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

iTS HARD FOR ME TO MAKE A SONG THAT iSNT ABOUT MONEY, JEWELRY OR SKiNNY BUTTERSCOTCH BABES WiTH BASEBALL TiTS BECUZ THATS ALL i THiNK ABOUT
Who are the other units? For Quaid I would probably say yes but it would really depend on who he is taking a sphere away from. He is the best arena leader in the game right now. I've found him really useful in Raids too as he add 4 elements and doesn't overwrite any buffs. I also upgraded a dual sphered guardian Shera to anima so I might not be the best to speak on this. Also if you put Spirit Tiara and fallacy orb on Quaid he will almost always have 75% stats (which is a lot of atk to lose). If his health falls below 50% his extra skill kicks in and his stats are still boosted.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

When is the next level up event going to start? Does it normally come after honor summons? I ended last event at about 130 and have only gained 20 levels in the month since. I'd love to hit level 160 or so which would give me the cost for another 7* in the team.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Casual Friday posted:

Who are the other units? For Quaid I would probably say yes but it would really depend on who he is taking a sphere away from. He is the best arena leader in the game right now. I've found him really useful in Raids too as he add 4 elements and doesn't overwrite any buffs. I also upgraded a dual sphered guardian Shera to anima so I might not be the best to speak on this. Also if you put Spirit Tiara and fallacy orb on Quaid he will almost always have 75% stats (which is a lot of atk to lose). If his health falls below 50% his extra skill kicks in and his stats are still boosted.

Honestly, I don't have a lot of good orbs, a few sol creators, all the GGC orbs, and some legwands etc. I've paid very little attention to orbs so far. I'll probably just go with the Breaker and suck it up and buy another sphere frog or something down the road.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Stole this autobattle set-up from Reddit for the current FH.

Quaid (Lead) - Spirit Tiara / Sol Creator
Exvehl - Legwand
Ardin - Malice / Sol Creator
Feeva - Legwand / Virtue Stone
Shera - Dandelga / Ihsir's Guise
Raaga friend (Rosetta works too)

Currently pulling 1.8-1.9m each time. Rip Shida. I find it works best to put Ardin in the left middle position to get him to fire second. Quaid will always fire first. Fujin Quaid, Feeva, Shera, and Raaga first round. Then click auto.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pulled with all my FH gems and a BP summon ticket, hoping for the supposedly rate-upped Elimo (or any rate-upped unit, honestly, I only had Fadahl out of this batch)...

Dupe Lodin, Dupe Eve, Dupe Kuda, Dupe Vampire :psyduck:

If I had five more gems, I'm sure I could get a dupe Phoenix and then a dupe Alice for my bonus unit! :shepicide:

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Pulled with all my FH gems and a BP summon ticket, hoping for the supposedly rate-upped Elimo (or any rate-upped unit, honestly, I only had Fadahl out of this batch)...

Dupe Lodin, Dupe Eve, Dupe Kuda, Dupe Vampire :psyduck:

If I had five more gems, I'm sure I could get a dupe Phoenix and then a dupe Alice for my bonus unit! :shepicide:

After my Alice Alice Falma Falmor or whatever they're called (poo poo), i pulled Ahvel and my free 6th unit was..... fuckin Alice. And now it crashed and crashes on restart every time.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Trebek posted:

Exvehl - Legwand

Currently pulling 1.8-1.9m each time. Rip Shida. I find it works best to put Ardin in the left middle position to get him to fire second. Quaid will always fire first. Fujin Quaid, Feeva, Shera, and Raaga first round. Then click auto.

I'm pretty much auto battling with Shida, three Lario's, Aaron/Shida and a Rosetta/Raaga friend for 2M+

FH isn't such a bad grind now with the improved auto attack and 7*. Three Lario's, a mitigator and a BC on spark friend can auto attack their way to a legwand.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Kegslayer posted:

I'm pretty much auto battling with Shida, three Lario's, Aaron/Shida and a Rosetta/Raaga friend for 2M+

FH isn't such a bad grind now with the improved auto attack and 7*. Three Lario's, a mitigator and a BC on spark friend can auto attack their way to a legwand.

You are autobattling with 2 Shida's? Shida kinda sucks for autobattle for not attacking on his SBB. Also there are 2 rounds in this FH that if you go to the 3rd turn you either get your BB gauges wiped or your party gets wiped (Themis maybe? and the last round). So Lario seems like more of a liability this season. But hey if you are pulling 2m on autobattle guess it's working.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Trebek posted:

You are autobattling with 2 Shida's? Shida kinda sucks for autobattle for not attacking on his SBB. Also there are 2 rounds in this FH that if you go to the 3rd turn you either get your BB gauges wiped or your party gets wiped (Themis maybe? and the last round). So Lario seems like more of a liability this season. But hey if you are pulling 2m on autobattle guess it's working.

Probably meant Shera being swapped with Aaron. Yeah it's Themis (round 3) and the boss fight that will BB drain and wipe buffs on you when they attack the second time so you caught with your pants down going into the third round. Lucana also wipes buffs at a low HP threshold but I haven't had it happen to me yet.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Trebek posted:

Exvehl - Legwand

I'm sort of using this (Aaron instead of Shera) and it's working great. Fujin'ing Quaid, Ardin, Raaga, Feeva on the very start and just auto-battle to points town.

I'll have Raaga up as my leader when I'm not actively running arena or FH, so feel free to friend me if you need him.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'm just a few missions away from Lucius. I'm using my Rossetta lead, Exvhel, Shera, Kuda and Arus team with a feeva friend. My item setup is one overdrive gem, holy light, revives and fujin potions. Is there anything else I need to know to beat this guy on the first try or am I good?

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

iTS HARD FOR ME TO MAKE A SONG THAT iSNT ABOUT MONEY, JEWELRY OR SKiNNY BUTTERSCOTCH BABES WiTH BASEBALL TiTS BECUZ THATS ALL i THiNK ABOUT

Annointed posted:

I'm just a few missions away from Lucius. I'm using my Rossetta lead, Exvhel, Shera, Kuda and Arus team with a feeva friend. My item setup is one overdrive gem, holy light, revives and fujin potions. Is there anything else I need to know to beat this guy on the first try or am I good?

You're good.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Annointed posted:

You're more than adequate.If you want to play it extra safe, don't auto-battle the boss fight so you can pop fujin's when needed; he will remove your party's buffs at the start of his second form, he will cancel your leader skills at the start of his third form and will also drain your BB guage after you kill Zebra, Mare, and Zurg. Oh, make sure Exvehl has a Refined Gem or Drevas equipped for status immunity.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Ruby half batch is up. Good news is that it's a guaranteed 5* and above. I did one pull just for giggles:

Ruby (L) 5*

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Just as a thing to note, if you're managing fine with your current units, it might be a good idea to hang on to your gems and tickets. JPBF implemented a new summon system where a 3 gem summon gets you a pull from the entire pool of units, while a 5 gem summon gets you a pull that's limited to the 7* pool. Not sure whether the latter includes the few older units with new 7* forms, or just limited to Feeva's batch onwards.

Damegane fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 24, 2015

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Ratmtattat posted:

Ruby half batch is up. Good news is that it's a guaranteed 5* and above. I did one pull just for giggles:

Ruby (L) 5*

That's some lucky poo poo. Probably the only unit in the batch that is a significant upgrade to current units. Saving my gems because I know I'll just get another Bargus or Zelban.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

On the plus, looks like Grand Quest is actually almost here, given that they've enabled Grahdens' (and assumedly Karl's) 6* evolution.

It's just a matter of earning the mats. :shepface:

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I took a pretty long break from this but am getting back into it. I've got one 7* so far - Selena - who I went ahead and splurged burst frogs on to unlock her UBB but still only have her at 106.

I don't really know how to use her, honestly, but tomorrow I'll be dusting off my old A-team (Ulkina, Elza, Zelnite, Maxwell, Darvanshel) to get light and dark mecha gods to crank Atro and Magress to 7* as well. Hopefully a couple more for Kikuri and Sefia.

Are there any other units I should be on the lookout for? Does my lineup critically lack anything for the current meta?

FH15 is the first FH in a long time I haven't aced Terminus, but I think I could turn it out with some atk down and def ignore. In place of... somebody, that team is pretty tightly linked.

Also - OD applies to the whole team, is there a general strat to UBB usage? Like, some quick googling suggested Magress' UBB is stupid good but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

doomfunk posted:

I took a pretty long break from this but am getting back into it. I've got one 7* so far - Selena - who I went ahead and splurged burst frogs on to unlock her UBB but still only have her at 106.

I don't really know how to use her, honestly, but tomorrow I'll be dusting off my old A-team (Ulkina, Elza, Zelnite, Maxwell, Darvanshel) to get light and dark mecha gods to crank Atro and Magress to 7* as well. Hopefully a couple more for Kikuri and Sefia.

Are there any other units I should be on the lookout for? Does my lineup critically lack anything for the current meta?

FH15 is the first FH in a long time I haven't aced Terminus, but I think I could turn it out with some atk down and def ignore. In place of... somebody, that team is pretty tightly linked.

Also - OD applies to the whole team, is there a general strat to UBB usage? Like, some quick googling suggested Magress' UBB is stupid good but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

I feel like Elimo is a direct upgrade to Magress but maybe thats just me?

edit:
MAGRESS
Ultimate BB: Dark Ending [Support/Offense]
22 combo massive Dark attack on all enemies, greatly boosts Def for all allies for 3 turns & all damage received is reduced to 1 for 1 turn

Elimo
Ultimate BB: Blue Star's Fate [Heal/Support]
Recovers HP for all allies for 3 turns & removes all status ailments & reduces damage taken by 3/4 & increases BB gauge when damage is taken [for three turns]

for some reason it cuts off the end of Elimo's UBB.

echofriendly fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 25, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

doomfunk posted:

A few points on this:
  • Your A-team is a really good A-team, though Ulkina and Darvanshel have dropped several ranks in the tiers since Elimo got his 7*. You aren't really lacking anything for the current meta, you're just using a few slightly outdated units.
  • Check to see if you have an Elimo or a Lava. Both of their 7*s are absolutely bonkers and totally worth evolving - Elimo becomes a full-on healer/mitigator combo unit, Lava becomes a god of mono-fire BB spam. Ronel got a 7* at the same time but it's just okay - a slightly beefier Rin, basically.
  • I'd say prioritize Kikuri and Magress over Atro and Sefia - like you said, Magress's UBB is great (it's basically a free "gently caress you" to one round's attacks, great for things like the Cardes trial) and Kikuri basically replaces both Magress and Lilly Matah as a Dark-type leader unit, whereas Atro and Sefia are just... okay in comparison.
  • Overdrive only applies to the unit that activates it, and takes up the unit's turn, giving them a UBB gauge to fill and boosting their stats until it wears off (either by using your UBB or after 3 turns not counting the one you activated Overdrive on). General strats vary by unit - Selena's UBB you want to use at the start of a turn and as often as possible, Magress's you want to time for telegraphed big hits if possible and make sure you don't use any other mitigator BBs that turn (or use Magress's last in the turn), and so on. Not every UBB is worth using, though you want to unlock them since the 7*'s Extra Skill unlocks along with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I do have both Elimo and Lava. I have an Exvehl too, for status clearing and prevention if Elimo doesn't handle that (can't recall).

So it's looking like my ideal a-team is: 7* Elimo, 7* Lava, 7* Magress, 7* Kikuri, ...Kuda? Or should I keep Maxwell as a lead for most situations? I feel like I need to relearn party comp tweaking, 7s really throw a new element into it.

• Locked thread