Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
also I got to the part where you can fight with a teammate and holy poo poo that's fun as hell

the combat in this game is satisfying as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Okay, I've updated my drivers and redownloaded the entire freakin' game and I still can't even make it to the main menu without the game constantly switching between windowed and full-screen mode. Is there an .ini file responsible for this somewhere? Please help I just want to bat-punch crooks in the butt and all the help topics for this game are just folks complaining about stuttering aaaahh

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Scarecrow speaking in nothing but vidya game trailer hook lines gets really tiresome really fast.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Scarecrow speaking in nothing but vidya game trailer hook lines gets really tiresome really fast.

No that's Arkham Knight.

"Ohhh tough guy, taking out our guys. Next time I'm gonna put a bullet in your head." xInfinity

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Are Riddler goons supposed to show up in green in detective vision? I've gotten the tooltip about them, but none of them are showing up.

Also, for the early missions, with firefighters and the serial killer, am I supposed to just "find" these on my own without a way point? Or do I have to progress through the main mission first?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Capsaicin posted:

Are Riddler goons supposed to show up in green in detective vision? I've gotten the tooltip about them, but none of them are showing up.

Also, for the early missions, with firefighters and the serial killer, am I supposed to just "find" these on my own without a way point? Or do I have to progress through the main mission first?

You can find them on your own, or you'll occasionally hear the helicopter lines being all "found a body on top of the whatever building" or "riot in Bristol, might be related to the missing firemen", and if you're just too bad at Batmaning you'll get "Intel" which straight up tells you where to head to advance.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Calaveron posted:

Take a shot every time Scarecrow says "fear", "afraid", "hope", or "hopeless".

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Infinitum posted:

No that's Arkham Knight.

"Ohhh tough guy, taking out our guys. Next time I'm gonna put a bullet in your head." xInfinity

Yea Scarecrow is pretty decent as a menacing rear end in a top hat. Knight is just pure "THIS IS YOUR PUNISHMENT FOR ALL THE THINGS YOU'VE DONE" and "NEXT TIME WE MEET YOU WILL DIE" lines that are painfully obvious 'we wrote this so they'd be cool if we had to use them in a commercial' lines.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

just finished downloading the game and gave it a quick play before going to bed. it's literally unplayable. beset with 5 second long unexplained stutters. loving bizzare port. gonna try updated drivers later I guess. not a great start though

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

For whatever reason it was loving impossible trying to play this tonight whereas this morning it ran fine. Suck my dick Dave Lang.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Finally got my controller working. Not sure if changing usb ports or unplugging the logitech stick was the fix, though.

I'm only a few hours in, but I can't believe people don't like the batmobile. It's a perfect mesh of arcade/action mechanics and it feels extremely fluid. I love taking out corners of buildings, makes me fee good, yo.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!

Calaveron posted:

You can find them on your own, or you'll occasionally hear the helicopter lines being all "found a body on top of the whatever building" or "riot in Bristol, might be related to the missing firemen", and if you're just too bad at Batmaning you'll get "Intel" which straight up tells you where to head to advance.

Similarly, there's a musical cue that you'll hear when you're near the serial killer's victims, it's opera singing. So if you're gliding around and you hear that, dive down and take a look.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Sorry all you guys got Lang'd I've been having fun on the PS4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea Scarecrow is pretty decent as a menacing rear end in a top hat. Knight is just pure "THIS IS YOUR PUNISHMENT FOR ALL THE THINGS YOU'VE DONE" and "NEXT TIME WE MEET YOU WILL DIE" lines that are painfully obvious 'we wrote this so they'd be cool if we had to use them in a commercial' lines.

If you're in any way shape or form a half-decent Batman fan and you don't see who the Arkham Knight is eventually going to be because of lines like that constantly, you're an idiot.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

ChickenHeart posted:

Okay, I've updated my drivers and redownloaded the entire freakin' game and I still can't even make it to the main menu without the game constantly switching between windowed and full-screen mode. Is there an .ini file responsible for this somewhere? Please help I just want to bat-punch crooks in the butt and all the help topics for this game are just folks complaining about stuttering aaaahh

Right click on the game in steam and use the "Set launch options" button. Add "-windowed" the game will start in a tiny little dumb window. When you get ingame use the options to set it to borderless window mode. Game works flawlessly for me this way.

Also there is an update queued in Steam for me right now, any word what this does. My game actually works and I am afraid of change.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

this game just gave me a heart attack and I'm dead

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

updated drivers/made some tweaks in the ini file and it runs more or less playably now. note that the devs couldn't make it actually run out of the box but did have the time to implement the as-yet-uncracked denuvo drm that makes it impossible for one to see if their broken-rear end game will actually run on one's system. don't give these people your money unless you can find this thing at a deep discount (the one on GMG is pretty good and in some way means less money finding its way into the hands of warner brothers and whatever chinese identity-theft sweatshop they hired to churn this thing out)

if you bought the pre-order special ediditon of this the only person laughing more manaically at you than me is the ceo of WB who, while lamenting that they couldn't sell you a flimsy plastic batmobile because it broke apart before it even got to store shelves is taking solace in the fact they managed to ship at least one cheaply made broken piece of poo poo

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 24, 2015

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Can't get the game to recognize my dualshock 4 wirelessly. Tried three different wrappers, works in other games still, just not this one.

rip

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The mist/fog/steam/blur/haze needs to be turned down about 80 percent. Holy poo poo it's overdone.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Darke GBF posted:

Can't get the game to recognize my dualshock 4 wirelessly. Tried three different wrappers, works in other games still, just not this one.

rip

Not sure about the others, but did you turn on "ignore DS4" in DS4Windows? I was able to use it just fine.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The second the Batman Beyond skin is available I'm gonna be on that poo poo like you have no idea. I wanna be overdesigned pitch black techno future-tactibatman.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Darke GBF posted:

rip

yeah this happens to me which seems odd since it should just be recognizing the xinput commands from ds4windows? this is an mc escher level of hosed.

thankfully the contemptible lack of effort in the port has a nice side effect for me in that they didn't bother to replace the ps4 button graphics with xbox ones (pun wholly unintended) and I have a DS4 that the system sees as an xbox controller, so they match up in a roundabout way. gj

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Generic Monk posted:

yeah this happens to me which seems odd since it should just be recognizing the xinput commands from ds4windows? this is an mc escher level of hosed.

thankfully the contemptible lack of effort in the port has a nice side effect for me in that they didn't bother to replace the ps4 button graphics with xbox ones and I have a DS4 that the system sees as an xbox controller, so they match up in a roundabout way. gj

If you plug in your controller without DS4Windows you'll get PS4 prompts.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Sorry all you guys got Lang'd I've been having fun on the PS4

Same but on the Xbox One (the third Xbox.) No drivers horseshit to gently caress around with there... things run consistently well. :smug:

Seriously though, I hear things about multiple endings depending on completion percentage? Am I going to have to get all of the Riddler's trinkets and gewgaws for the "good" ending?

Collecting poo poo in games is laaaaaame and should not gate parts of the story. I never found out how Banjo Kazooie "really" ended and I'll be damned if I go back now.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Same but on the Xbox One (the third Xbox.) No drivers horseshit to gently caress around with there... things run consistently well. :smug:

Seriously though, I hear things about multiple endings depending on completion percentage? Am I going to have to get all of the Riddler's trinkets and gewgaws for the "good" ending?

Collecting poo poo in games is laaaaaame and should not gate parts of the story. I never found out how Banjo Kazooie "really" ended and I'll be damned if I go back now.

so far I have been extremely busy saving the world I'm not sure how batman finds time to sort through all these collectibles or even where he puts them

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Mr E posted:

yeah i know - is it possible to get xbox prompts or are the ps prompts the only ones in the game for whatever reason?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Generic Monk posted:

thankfully the contemptible lack of effort in the port has a nice side effect for me in that they didn't bother to replace the ps4 button graphics with xbox ones (pun wholly unintended) and I have a DS4 that the system sees as an xbox controller, so they match up in a roundabout way. gj

Mr E posted:

Yeah, wired it'll see it without wrappers with DS4 button prompts, but wireless, that's another story.

Generic Monk posted:

yeah i know - is it possible to get xbox prompts or are the ps prompts the only ones in the game for whatever reason?

I got Xbox One prompts when I used DS4Windows wired.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What do you seek in those tunnels Batman?

:shepicide:

gently caress this section

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Does seeing the full ending require doing every little riddler puzzle in the city, or just the story stuff where you are rescuing catwoman?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
This game is chewing up 7 out of 8 gigs of my ram. I don't think even ARMA 3 could do that with a fuckton going on.

I set the frames to 9999 and it's actually loving working now, wow. I want this motion blur gone though. All of it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

What's this Denuvo DRM poo poo I'm reading about the game?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

:shepicide:

gently caress this section

Seriously if you know how to do this bullshit subway section let me know. It has you sneaking past drone tanks using the remote hacking tool.

I get to the end with 4 drone tanks and it's kicking my arse

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
ALFRED FIND ME WHAT'S IN COMMON BETWEEN ALL OF THESE DEAD PEOPLE WITH YEARS-OLD SCARS AND DISFIGUREMENTS FOUND NEXT TO ADJECTIVES DESCRIBING THEM AS ESSENTIALLY BROKEN OR INCOMPLETE

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I got Xbox One prompts when I used DS4Windows wired.

that's odd, I did the same and got ps4 prompts. idek. idec.

the batman games retain their storied tradition of somehow turning the unreal engine, the biggest known quantity in gaming, into something more arcane and unoptimised than a weird bespoke czech military simulator made on a relative shoestring. my god

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
How do I find the last fireman on bleake. I have been loving about for an hour or so.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bugblatter posted:

Does seeing the full ending require doing every little riddler puzzle in the city, or just the story stuff where you are rescuing catwoman?

Everything. You need to do everything in the game for the proper ending.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Infinitum posted:

If you're in any way shape or form a half-decent Batman fan and you don't see who the Arkham Knight is eventually going to be because of lines like that constantly, you're an idiot.

Yea it's kinda nuts how absolutely obvious they made the 'twist' for all the hype it is. Like, my friend has never read a batman comic, nor seen any of the cartoon movies and all about the dude, but he guessed it without even trying because yea who the gently caress else has Batman hurt horribly (in their minds) who isn't already a villain on the screen?

"Oh Batman hosed Two-Face over pretty bad I bet it's him...wait nope, there he is..."

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

What's this Denuvo DRM poo poo I'm reading about the game?

same drm as dragon age 3. coincidentally that game ran like poo poo as well

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Bugblatter posted:

The story stuff where you rescue her can't be completed without getting all of the Riddles.

So yes to both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Game runs decently for me. Weird thing is even if I lower all the settings the weird problems don't go away and the game runs the same for the most part. I'm only getting random stuttering every 10 minutes or so.

• Locked thread