Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

it is posted:

Who do you play?

Ganondorf, my son Roy, and my Mii Brawler

I hope to be good with my psychic friends Mewtwo and Lucas as well, in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I like playing as almost every character except for Fox, Falco, Diddy Kong, and almost Donkey Kong.

But if I'm doing For Glory I mostly use Sonic, Mega Man, Dark Pit/Pit, Roy, Roy, or Shulk.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'm pika

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

im ike, mega man, wii fit trainer, ness, and roy irl

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
I was asking the guy who was asking for help against ROB so I could give him advice on how best to approach ROB using their character's assets but ok
(yoshi mewtwo ike ryu tink villager rob)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I like to play as king dedede and also the pit bros and sometimes mega man

i also like Lucina and Wii fit trainer but I wish they were better

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I'm into Lucario and Duck Hunt. I usually open my friendlies with Captain Falcon though.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

I'm pika

Welcome.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
PM 3.6 beta is out http://projectmgame.com/en/download

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJq_vfzvDi8

auto l cancelling.. hubba hubba

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Not the best release but I'll take the added stages and costumes.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

When is 4.0 coming out

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

whalestory posted:

good

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
F-Zero needs more representation.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
Can we talk about villager? More specifically, the most efficient way of smashing his adorable, loid spamming keep-away face in?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Captain Redbeard posted:

Can we talk about villager? More specifically, the most efficient way of smashing his adorable, loid spamming keep-away face in?

Don't give that little so-and-so an inch of breathing room. Lloyd takes a second to activate so that's your chance to get in and rough them up!

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

They always manage to get away. I play really aggressively, every bit of breathing room they get is earned.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Captain Redbeard posted:

If you find a foolproof method, please be sure to share it with the rest of us. Just about every fight I've ever had with a Villager is a total snorefest, and if I can't kill him fast enough I get to watch him fly away on his balloons as the bombs start dropping. Most of them won't even make a move to attack unless you get close to them outside of shooting Lloid and planting trees, because they know they don't have to fight you. They can just wait the five minutes and let the bombs/rocket/slingshot do their job for them. It doesn't help that Villager is slippery as the dickens to begin with.

It's really hard to fight someone whose primary goal is avoiding you.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Redbeard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=577jBN5u1_k

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

I guess I should follow my own advice and pick villager a few times to see how other people fight him, I just hate running away in this game, I always want to be in someones face. Robin is the closest thing to keep away I like to play, she doesn't annoy me as much as other characters because of her limited ammo.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I play as Luigi.

Because Luigi.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Rexroom posted:

I play as Luigi.

Because Luigi.

Any friend of Cactus Jack is a friend to you and I.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I play as Roy, other Roy, Greninja, Captain Falcon, Olimar, and Ganondorf if I hate my opponent.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
i play samus, jigglypuff, sheik, captain falcon, ryu and fox mostly but sometimes i play other guys too

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

This may come as a surprise, but I often play as ness

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

cool bowser changes and the armor changes make him more of an actual character. don't agree with the fox change to shine but I don't play that character + it isn't in the patchnotes so it might not be on purpose anyway.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Aston posted:

This may come as a surprise, but I often play as ness
It's true. He does.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
I play game n watch, falcon, Ryu, shulk, Bowser, and Donkey Kong. But also everyone.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Every single iteration of this game, it feels weird looking at the previous title and thinking that the old roster was piddly in terms of size and character selection.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
There's one thing Project M does that I wish the real game did, and that's giving the old stages an HD coat of paint. I wish they did that the DK 64 stage, and the kirby stage, etc. They do that with Mario Kart 8, why not here!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Macaluso posted:

There's one thing Project M does that I wish the real game did, and that's giving the old stages an HD coat of paint. I wish they did that the DK 64 stage, and the kirby stage, etc. They do that with Mario Kart 8, why not here!

But I'm fairly certain all of the Mario Kart 8 retreads either incompatible because they were from the GBA or SNES with psuedo-3D graphics and the rest revamped with MK8's antigravity gimmick. They were probably redone just out of necessity.

In Smash you can take almost any stage and port it over as is without any adverse affects or needed changes. And they're already pretty gimmicky.

I'm not saying that an HD do-over wouldn't be nice, though.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

whalestory posted:

Oh HELL yea :mmmhmm:

Who wants to play that today

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Mercury Crusader posted:

F-Zero needs more representation.

Having an amiibo on store shelves proudly displaying the Rising Sun of Imperial Japan would be weird as hell though.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I have never laughed harder than just now when I heard the new PM announcer. It's the kind of reaction that makes me wish I did let's plays.

"LUIGI" :smuggo:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Project M is cool, the new announcer is extremely uncool.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

F. Lobot posted:

I have never laughed harder than just now when I heard the new PM announcer. It's the kind of reaction that makes me wish I did let's plays.

"LUIGI" :smuggo:

Pls show me a vid cuz I can't download 3.6 for a while.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Pls show me a vid cuz I can't download 3.6 for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wglGy-6loX4

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lmao thats terrible

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Macaluso posted:

There's one thing Project M does that I wish the real game did, and that's

Also, the game mode where you choose a group of characters, and then you get one stock of each. It's the most fun game mode in any smash game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

He reminds me of the Pokemon Stadium commentator. I'm a fan.

• Locked thread