Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

mikeraskol posted:

I decided to try this game out but apparently every single NA server except one is full right now? I'm assuming you can't transfer later either? Is there any way to get on Exodus?

Also the process to buy this game and get an account set up is labyrinthian and loving impossible.

Why Exodus? You want Excalibur, that's where most goons are. Your best bet at making a character on Excalibur is early morning, so around 5-7am EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

mikeraskol posted:

I decided to try this game out but apparently every single NA server except one is full right now? I'm assuming you can't transfer later either? Is there any way to get on Exodus?

Also the process to buy this game and get an account set up is labyrinthian and loving impossible.

You can transfer later for $18. Trying again in the middle of the night (like 4 am est) might be able to get you onto a medium population server, but the high pop ones will be locked for a while because of the expansion.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Niton posted:

My client broke

really bad

send help

The Oculus Rift version of this game is looking pretty rough

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Killsion posted:

Why Exodus? You want Excalibur, that's where most goons are. Your best bet at making a character on Excalibur is early morning, so around 5-7am EST.

Because I just got home from work and apparently can't read very well. I think I'll just go on whatever server I can for now and pay the 18 bucks later if I like the game and think I'm gonna stick around.

Thank you for the help!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Niton posted:

My client broke

really bad

send help

no it's fine, you just need to disable windows aero for when you alt tab through your UI windows

cadenza
Dec 25, 2006

integrity

Nien posted:

Has anyone ever had any luck with SE support? I need to remove the token (which was on some iphone from the distant past) from my account (which I can't long onto to remove said token because I don't have said token), but several support tickets seem to simply be ignored.

I have been trying to solve this exact problem today. I put in a ticket this morning but didn't receive any confirmation, so I joined the queue for live chat. When I got to the front after a couple of hours, it just said "Unable to connect you at this time" and that was that.

I got an email back late in the afternoon saying I needed to contact EU Support (I used to live in Europe so I guess my account must be registered there) but it's going to be very difficult for me to do live communication with EU time zones (I live in California). I just submitted another ticket on the EU support page but I'm not banking on getting this resolved quickly...

Agreed that its super weird that you don't get any email confirmation or anything about tickets.

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

Niton posted:

My client broke

really bad

send help

HOW?!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I hope there is a PSN flash sale or some sort of discount on additional platform keys in the near future. I can't even get xp towards 60 on the base ARR classes in the standard ARR zones when I load up PS4 now.

I should be glad it doesn't level sync you back down to 50, but I don't think I had quite realized just how much I would be feeling held back by not being able to level on my additional jobs; I also am super wary of doing anything that counts in the challenge log so I don't inadvertently waste an xp bonus.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

cadenza posted:

I have been trying to solve this exact problem today. I put in a ticket this morning but didn't receive any confirmation, so I joined the queue for live chat. When I got to the front after a couple of hours, it just said "Unable to connect you at this time" and that was that.

I got an email back late in the afternoon saying I needed to contact EU Support (I used to live in Europe so I guess my account must be registered there) but it's going to be very difficult for me to do live communication with EU time zones (I live in California). I just submitted another ticket on the EU support page but I'm not banking on getting this resolved quickly...

Agreed that its super weird that you don't get any email confirmation or anything about tickets.

I live in Korea and had to do US chat support when the phone with the squeenix token app broke, the whole process took about 10 minutes. Use time zones to your advantage and get in line when they open.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Just saw my first vote abandon trying to do The Chryalis. There seemed to be a few people in there who understood the fight but wouldn't explain it to anyone and just got really mad at all of us new players.

I still don't understand how the following aspects of that fight work, and I'm looking at guides and everything:

- What's up with the giant AOE of death after the first orbs phase? Not the one that you make hurt less with the orbs, but the big one with the blue lightning-ish effects that he does a few different times. Do tanks need to interrupt that or something?
- Why don't some orbs pop?
- Are DPS's supposed to get the adds during orbs phase, or let off-tank kite them?
- What's up with the meteors in the portal phase? Is only one person supposed to stand under them, or no one, or what?

e: watched a video while waiting through this terrible queue and I've got answers to that stuff now, what a weird instance. I wish it had the Echo buff for retries like other main quest trials :\

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 24, 2015

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Quick question - does the RAF allow you to create a character on a restricted server? Also, can I do RAF for a friend who already has started a 14 day trial?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

abraham linksys posted:

Just saw my first vote abandon trying to do The Chryalis. There seemed to be a few people in there who understood the fight but wouldn't explain it to anyone and just got really mad at all of us new players.

I still don't understand how the following aspects of that fight work, and I'm looking at guides and everything:

- What's up with the giant AOE of death after the first orbs phase? Not the one that you make hurt less with the orbs, but the big one with the blue lightning-ish effects that he does a few different times. Do tanks need to interrupt that or something?
- Are DPS's supposed to get the adds during orbs phase, or let off-tank kite them?
- What's up with the meteors in the portal phase? Is only one person supposed to stand under them, or no one, or what?

-AoE of death is based on how many orbs reach him. You (everyone) should pop alternating colors before they reach him.
-Probably lag.
-Those die quick enough that people should be able to kill them while popping orbs
-Tanks should stand under the meteors, the tear needs to die asap.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

1; if you're talking about Quake 3, no. It's just a roomwide AOE you have to deal with.
2; orbs not popping is probably a latency issue, I've not had it happen before
3; tanks are supposed to grab them and face them towards the outside of the arena
4; I don't think the damage is mitigated by more than one player, but someone absolutely needs to stand in them, yes

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah that Quake 3 just chews through both of the groups I've done this with so far, can it at least be interrupted by tanks or something?

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

It's probably just your groups being loaded down with newbies that aren't very geared if people are dying to it. It's a significant amount of damage, but it's not really a mechanic or anything, you just heal through it.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

triple spark is one-shotting everyone :smith

Everyone is probably around ilvl 110 due to story quests, assuming they've been playing catch-up like me. Is that too low?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
If everyone is around ilvl 110 no that should not be happening. none of the things you're describing are supposed to be threatening mechanics.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Sounds like the healers could be tunnel-vision-ing on the tanks and not healing the rest of the group.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, triple spark is the worst attack in that encounter but there is plenty of warning for tank cooldowns, sacred soil, Adlo, Virus, etc to mitigate things. Something else weird is going on in those groups.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Welp my second group abandoned, let's go round 3 :shepface:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hold on i'll get on, are you in one of the goon guilds?

e: or at least on excalibur

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

hold on i'll get on, are you in one of the goon guilds?

e: or at least on excalibur

Nope, I'm on Faerie.

I don't know how Duty Finder works, will it match across different data centers? :smith:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm pretty sure DF will but the problem is making sure i end up with you, i'd imagine. try again and if you get stuck i'll eat a server transfer

if you go 0/3 with groups trying to do chrysalis of all things i'd recommend you take out a life insurance policy because there is a good chance you will be struck by lightning or something

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The thing about triple is the triple casts afterwards can, on an undergeared tank, outright kill them if the healers aren't pre-casting heals to land in between casts/don't put a shield up/etc.

Of course, even one tank going down shouldn't be an emergency in that fight (if you're in DF, you should have a second one available). If your healers aren't bright enough to keep the MT alive through it, and if that second tank isn't smart enough to provoke the boss after the main tank dies you're in for a world of hurt.

Yes, Quake III does a lot of AoE damage, and it is cast often. Healers need to be ready for it.

Finally, the tear: a lot of pubs don't know how your buffs are extended when you enter it, or how to take advantage of it. This puts them in a position where tanks aren't able to grab every meteor (no sprint or tank buffs pre-entry), or healers don't pre-cast a strong healing buff (Medica II/Divine Seal/etc) to help get through any meteors that are missed. Often that instance fails in DF simply because of one or the other, not the lack of DPS on the tear (which is more often than not caused by missed meteors killing DPS).

It's pretty much a big tank/healer check to see if they're paying attention to mechanics. If they had to nerf steps as hard as they did, I'm surprised they didn't nerf that fight too.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So, I got AST to level 41 tonight. My thoughts thus far:

*Card draw's 30 second cooldown is just long enough to forget about but short enough to feel bad about forgetting, particularly since you want to be using it the moment it comes off cooldown.

*I'm sure the buffs are useful, but they're too subtle to really feel the impact, which means I'm left in kind of a lurch wondering how useful I'm really being with these things.

*My major concern for AST is staying power. They're objectively the least potent healer of the pack and they have the same awful refresh type skill as WHM without the raw potency or occasional free cast procs. No, instead, they get procs of instant casts on their cure 2 equivalent, which is really hard to reliably utilize comparatively and may often go to waste because you simply don't need it for the entire duration. If they don't get SOME kind of MP management skill in later levels that I don't know about, I'm seriously concerned for their viability in anything serious. Staying power is really important.

*I feel cheated that my job quests are giving me these card skills I feel I really ought to have had from the beginning.

*Lightspeed is fun, but I wish the cooldown was shorter. I'm already lowering my heal potency, let me run and heal a bit more often.

Is there stuff I'm missing? How do other folks trying out AST feel about the class?

Also, finally got around to checking SCH (my main class pre-expansion). RIP Lustrate, you're still kind of good? I'll miss that % based heal though. I guess the higher base potency Physick and Embrace are pretty good consolation and Aetherflow/Energy Drain are the same as ever. The AoE Esuna on Selene is nice, I can see that being really useful in certain fights.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Finally, the tear: a lot of pubs don't know how your buffs are extended when you enter it, or how to take advantage of it.

As the PLD MT I popped Hallowed Ground as the vortex began and I was 100% invulnerable for the next 100 seconds. Lasted the entire vortex section and most of the rest of the fight.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Still have an unused pre-order code if anyone wants vanity items. PM or just post and I'll get back to you asap

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

group 3 round 3 ends in failure as our off-tank, who has never done this trial before, minimizes their game by accident

meanwhile, I spend most of it dead after getting too close to the wrong type of orb and having someone blow it up, and then getting ressed back into a quake 3 that murders me instantly

at least we made it to the final phase that time though!!!

e: OH MY GOD WE FINALLY HAD A RUN WHERE WE WERE ALL STILL ALIVE WHEN PORTAL POPPED AND THE TANKS DIDN'T GET THE METEORS IN TIME, I HATE EVERYTHING

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 24, 2015

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

I've been looking around for an hour for a solution to this problem but nothing is coming.

So my girlfriend bought me FF14 about six months back for me to play. It was a digital purchase from the SE store. Around 3-4 months ago, I linked this copy of FF14 as a shortcut in my Steam Library page because "Hey! This will keep all my games organized!". Last week, she bought me Heavensward with pre-access, but the code didn't work under my account. When I looked it up on Mognet, my account is flagged as Standard (Steam) despite never buying a steam copy of this game.

So in short:

-I can't register Heavensward from a generic copy because my account is flagged as Steam
-I can't buy a Steam copy of Heavensward because I don't actually own a Steam copy of ARR.

What do I do?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Oh my god we finally did it on the 5th attempt even though we lost a DPS my hands are shaking

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I unlocked flying in Coerthas Western earlier, flying owns

But I want to fly on fat-shame chocobo, how do I unlock that?

John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I unlocked flying in Coerthas Western earlier, flying owns

But I want to fly on fat-shame chocobo, how do I unlock that?

Level 52 quest in Ishgard, "I believe I can fly"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

37th Chamber posted:

Level 52 quest in Ishgard, "I believe I can fly"

I haven't seen that around anywhere. FC has said it's gated somewhere behind the MSQ; is it far past the point where you first enter the Dravinian Forelands?

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I haven't seen that around anywhere. FC has said it's gated somewhere behind the MSQ; is it far past the point where you first enter the Dravinian Forelands?

I believe it requires a side quest in Dravanian Forelands before it will show up.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

abraham linksys posted:

Oh my god we finally did it on the 5th attempt even though we lost a DPS my hands are shaking

Congrats! It's all downhill from there, story-wise.

Also, I just did Bismark EX w/ 2 Scholars. Fight's intense, but really cool mechanically.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sendo posted:

I believe it requires a side quest in Dravanian Forelands before it will show up.

I finally had the brilliant idea of checking xivdb.com, and it's the very first MSQ that walks you in to the forelands that unlocks it. Thanks :)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

http://gfycat.com/IdioticOldCormorant

expansion of the year

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I just bought this on my ps4 and accidentally linked it to the wrong square account on my pc. Is there anyway to undo that or am I hosed forever?

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
Anyone else have to reset passwords today because of "suspected suspicious activity"? Really odd because I'm extra meticulous about online passwords and computer security, and I resubbed just last week after having to go through an ordeal to get my email changed and password reset to even access my account.

Oh well. DLing the 3gb release patch now. Who knows..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

RC Cola posted:

I just bought this on my ps4 and accidentally linked it to the wrong square account on my pc. Is there anyway to undo that or am I hosed forever?

Call customer service. They're super helpful and if anyone can help, it's them.

1 (858) 790-7529

That said, be prepared to wait 30 minutes to an hour. Say the ticket system wasn't working when you submitted an online form because they'll ask for a ticket number.

• Locked thread