Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Buy the Hero Of Hyrule pack. Has all 4 DLC packs together.

You can also buy the skinpacks for Link, Zelda and Ganon if you want since they aren't included in the above pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Bruceski posted:

That hair sweep just makes me wanna say "excuuuuuuuuse me, Princess" until the octoroks come home.

Someone post the Zelda timeline where the two parallel universes diverge depending on whether or not Link is excused.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
When will I get random online dudes on my map?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dizz posted:

When will I get random online dudes on my map?

Make sure you have that feature turned on in the options menu. It defaults to off.

After that you should get one or two every time you play.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Thanks for the response :). I got it figured out - basically I was looking for the words Season Pass, but it's called Hero of Hyrule and I was glossing over details.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mzbundifund posted:

Someone post the Zelda timeline where the two parallel universes diverge depending on whether or not Link is excused.

Lol, why have I not heard of this?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

i really hate how mixed up this game is. I want to get Lana's level 2 and 3 summoning gates but I'd need to A rank some maps with someone I've not put time on like Ganondorf or Agitha, And they're too low level to reliably beat those maps fast enough becuase their damage is low.

Is there a good place to level up that isn't the bottom right map or should I keep aiming for rupee glitch with Link?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I've been playing Hyrule warriors for the first time, which coincidentally is also my first warriors game. I've done some adventure maps while going through the storyline.

It's been interesting how time and the flow of battle are more difficult to manage than any of the enemies.
Is there any way to tell an ally to get the hell away from some place? I was fighting in the level with evil Zelda and Impa kept trying to suicide on either her or the Poe and Lizalfos that at some point spawned near her.
I had to hike it across the battlefield multiple times just to make it in the nick of time and bail her out, but the fourth time I did it she didn't get healed so I had to stick around and make short work of Zelda finishing that map without killing the Dodongo. I really wanted to kill King Dodongo! :argh:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
That's pretty much the way it goes in Warriors games, unless you're playing a character stronger than intended (Higher level, better weapon, more badges or more suited to the mission objectives.) and/or you get a better handle on juggling objectives and saving your teammates. Give it a stage or two and try it again, you'll probably have time to spare.

Basically, your entire role is that one scene where a character goes, "gently caress this, I'll just take care of it myself." Only, said character changes and everyone gets to be the badass that saves the day.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Thanks for this :)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hopefully the character switching from the 3DS version also comes to Wii U then it'll fix that.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Onean posted:

That's pretty much the way it goes in Warriors games, unless you're playing a character stronger than intended (Higher level, better weapon, more badges or more suited to the mission objectives.) and/or you get a better handle on juggling objectives and saving your teammates. Give it a stage or two and try it again, you'll probably have time to spare.

Basically, your entire role is that one scene where a character goes, "gently caress this, I'll just take care of it myself." Only, said character changes and everyone gets to be the badass that saves the day.

I noticed that when I replayed earlier levels to get some heart pieces I missed. Where before I barely had time to get all the keeps I now had time to generally screw around (It probably didn't help that I forgot about focus spirit until recently). But Impa kept nearly dying, I feel like I have to be really badly overleved to make this.
Does the level the character is for me affect their field performance when the AI uses them?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
That's something I have no clue about, but have wondered many times. I've had times where it seems like it (an enemy is way stronger or weaker than other enemies) and times where it doesn't (being a quarter the level of someone, but kicking their rear end).

Edit: As for Impa on that stage, it's been a couple weeks since I've played it (I was a late WiiU adopter, though not by choice), but I think as long as you don't push her side of the temple too hard, only grabbing the keep you need rather than all three, she'll wind up stuck a ways back and have a long way through reinforcements to fight her way to Zelda.

Onean fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 18, 2015

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I finished Legend mode but haven't started adventure mode yet. Should I redo Legend on hard or dive into adventure? Just curious what the 'optimal' progression route is.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Get the final skulltulas in hard then dive right into adventure and never look back.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Darth TNT posted:

I've been playing Hyrule warriors for the first time, which coincidentally is also my first warriors game. I've done some adventure maps while going through the storyline.

It's been interesting how time and the flow of battle are more difficult to manage than any of the enemies.
Is there any way to tell an ally to get the hell away from some place? I was fighting in the level with evil Zelda and Impa kept trying to suicide on either her or the Poe and Lizalfos that at some point spawned near her.
I had to hike it across the battlefield multiple times just to make it in the nick of time and bail her out, but the fourth time I did it she didn't get healed so I had to stick around and make short work of Zelda finishing that map without killing the Dodongo. I really wanted to kill King Dodongo! :argh:
You can only rescue any given character a maximum of three times per stage, and they'll restore less health each time. That said, there's no penalty to losing most characters unless you're on hard mode and going for certain skulltulas, you only get a game over if your character or your leader for the stage dies. For the Water Temple, that's Darunia and sometimes Ruto, so nothing will happen if Impa gets KOed. And no, there's no real way to control your allies, they have predefined routes through the stage they'll take when you hit certain criteria.

Traxis posted:

I finished Legend mode but haven't started adventure mode yet. Should I redo Legend on hard or dive into adventure? Just curious what the 'optimal' progression route is.
Getting all the normal mode skulltulas and the first two hard mode ones will unlock the first bonus map, which is excellent for grinding. Beyond that, feel free to take it in whatever order you feel like. I'd personally go through a few maps in adventure mode to get a few more levels, going straight to hard mode was a bit of a slog, but it's totally doable either way. Just don't go into any of the DLC maps until you've ground a bit.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

kvx687 posted:

You can only rescue any given character a maximum of three times per stage, and they'll restore less health each time. That said, there's no penalty to losing most characters unless you're on hard mode and going for certain skulltulas, you only get a game over if your character or your leader for the stage dies. For the Water Temple, that's Darunia and sometimes Ruto, so nothing will happen if Impa gets KOed. And no, there's no real way to control your allies, they have predefined routes through the stage they'll take when you hit certain criteria.

I though it was weird when her health didn't fill up completely on a later save, I just figured I was too late and it only filled a percentage. Well, that explains it.
I thought I had to keep Impa alive as well. I should've let her get killed for the greater glory of me. :reject:

I laughed out loud when the Great Fairy dropped a the moon on that dragon.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Finally got my idiot self to the best grinding spot for levels. Does the Rupee glitch still work? or will I have to do that manually?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
You always had to do the rupee glitch manually.

And yes it still works.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Theta Zero posted:

You always had to do the rupee glitch manually.

And yes it still works.

I meant grinding rupees the legit way.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I was just being facetious. Sorry if it didn't come off that way.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Nah im just stupid.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Darth TNT posted:

I laughed out loud when the Great Fairy dropped a the moon on that dragon.
If you get a hookshot powerup you can drop moons on enemies yourself!

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
This game is a huge love letter to the Zelda series and it's amazing all the little details they added in (I just noticed that the bombs plants on Death Mountain look different than Skyloft).

I just beat the story and have been hammering away at adventure mode. How worth it is it to unlock all the weapons so I can unlock the skill on the Master Sword? Should I be prioritising that or can I just continue to mess around in adventure mode.

Oh, and I got the max rupee glitch to trigger. Good thing, too, because I don't see who would have the patience to do all that leveling the hard way.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

You can tell Love was put into this game because they included Tingle.

Also After spending a whole day on and off, I finally got the glitch to work :toot:

Time to do it like 40 more times.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Overemotional Robot posted:

This game is a huge love letter to the Zelda series and it's amazing all the little details they added in (I just noticed that the bombs plants on Death Mountain look different than Skyloft).

I just beat the story and have been hammering away at adventure mode. How worth it is it to unlock all the weapons so I can unlock the skill on the Master Sword? Should I be prioritising that or can I just continue to mess around in adventure mode.

Oh, and I got the max rupee glitch to trigger. Good thing, too, because I don't see who would have the patience to do all that leveling the hard way.

The Master Sword's locked skill isn't that great, more like a nice added bonus on top of getting all the weapons. Just continue messing around in Adventure mode.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

kvx687 posted:

If you get a hookshot powerup you can drop moons on enemies yourself!

I really need to try that at some point. I just hate using the hookshot in combat, I can't hit anything with. I usually have bombs preselected. What's it supposed to do?

I have gained the master sword. Those ghosts were annoying, but I really liked the conclusion and the following level. Shame about Ganondorf being a pushover. He only hit me once when I decided it was more fun to fight the throngs of weak fodder around him. :smith: Moblins are a pain to fight.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Darth TNT posted:

I really need to try that at some point. I just hate using the hookshot in combat, I can't hit anything with. I usually have bombs preselected. What's it supposed to do?

Air enemies can be forced to expose their weak point with it if you hit them in midair with it. A few other of the buffed enemies are weak to some of the items, like Poes to the arrows (if you hit them with it, they'll be stunned for a longer time than usual, including when their weak point is exposed).

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I think you can hit dinolfos with arrows when they're breathing fire to expose their weak points easier. Stalmasters are apparently weak to boomerangs as well.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I stopped playing back in March, to pursue other games, and started playing again yesterday. Holy crap you can forget how to play this game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I stopped playing back in March, to pursue other games, and started playing again yesterday. Holy crap you can forget how to play this game.

I was in the same boat; I came back after an absence and jumped straight to the Level 3 fairy mission and got my rear end kicked.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

In adventure mode do I have to complete battles with certain characters to get rewards like heart pieces? For example the first level has a heart piece reward for Fi if I get an A-rank victory and I did, but there's no indicator whether I got it or not.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

inferis posted:

In adventure mode do I have to complete battles with certain characters to get rewards like heart pieces? For example the first level has a heart piece reward for Fi if I get an A-rank victory and I did, but there's no indicator whether I got it or not.

Yes, you need to use Fi to get her heart pieces, which sucks because Fi is terribad.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

inferis posted:

You have to get weapons and heart pieces with the character they're for. Costumes can be unlocked by anyone, though they only show up in the DLC adventure maps.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Alacron posted:

Yes, you need to use Fi to get her heart pieces, which sucks because Fi is terribad.

Fi controls really weird with those iceskating moves. It's far to easy to miss.

I tried Zelda out for the first time, holy poo poo those light arrows are great. They're so great at crowd clearing they bring the WiiU framerate to it's knees.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I hate the one quiz map where you have to play as Zelda, Beat two Lanas and a Midna. You either use the rapier and slog through the Lana fights and get a quick Midna fight or you use the Wind Waker and have easy Lana fights and go through a Midna slog. Regardless, it's a pain and any mistake can ruin your A ranking.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Dizz posted:

I hate the one quiz map where you have to play as Zelda, Beat two Lanas and a Midna. You either use the rapier and slog through the Lana fights and get a quick Midna fight or you use the Wind Waker and have easy Lana fights and go through a Midna slog. Regardless, it's a pain and any mistake can ruin your A ranking.

After months of trying to A-rank that one to actually make some progress, I finally just crafted a guard break potion. Absolutely trivialized (lol) it

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I didn't quite understand what I was supposed to do in the last map with Cia, you're supposed to draw some Dinolfos so the Fairy fountain can shoot them? But I couldn't even find any Dinolfos and Violga shows up immediately to threaten Zelda.

Anyway I just started the part of the campaign where you play as Ganondorf. I don't know if it's the extra levels I gave him when I started (he was level 5 at the first level) or just that he hits as hard as he looks to be hitting, but the guy a friggin tank with ridiculous power moves. It's awesome. :iamafag:
I had a hilarious encounter with Impa in the level where you have to fight Lana. After killing some fakes for fun I weed out the real one and meet her.
Just standing there waiting I use the A special move blowing her back. After she got up and was nearly at me I used it again. I followed and used the fully powered X special move. Yet somehow she survives, so I meet her in combat and nearly get cut down by her pulling some weird guard move. I had to pull back to shatter a red jar to get my health back before properly defeating her. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The 'dorf either mops the floor due to his incredible power or, because some of his power moves are a bit slow, takes just enough damage to lose you your A rank so often you want to scream at him.

• Locked thread