Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

To the surprise of nobody at all the new Fire Emblem game is basically an H-game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Couldn't you hit on your own daughter in the last one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grouchio posted:

Few questions:

1. So MGSV is somehow still alive enough to get released, despite, you know, Kojima having pussed out like a bitch?(#sarcasm)
2. Is the Oculus Rift either 1) ruining the eyes of thousands already, 2) Not living up to the hype (What hype was there?), 3) Going to suck as badly on XBONE as the Kinect did, or 4) all of the above?
3. Are there any earlier E3 threads of past years here?
4. How popular is Witcher 3 by now?

MGSV is going to be the best game of the decade

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In Training posted:

MGSV is going to be the best game of the decade

please

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it wont be better than either mario galaxy game, let alone dark souls

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
It probably won't be better than Mario Galaxy but it will almost definitely be better than Dark Souls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love both of those games, but they won't hold a candle to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Colonel posted:

Decided to check out Soul Blazer because I heard the company that made it consisted mostly of ex-Falcom developers, so far it's pretty enjoyable.

I dunno what Falcom is but I love me that Soul Blazer "trilogy" (aforementioned, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma). Soul Blazer was one of my favorite games ever as a child and I still think it's better than the other two. The gameplay is simple but fun and nothing drags on and on like its successors (especially Terranigma) tend to do with some plot segments.

Good game. Keep playing. Step on gumdrop cookies and restore the world. If you enjoy it now you probably will continue to do so. It's pretty consistent.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
It seems that Terraria is about to have a huge update

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Couldn't you hit on your own daughter in the last one

no

you could hit on the alternate bad future version of your friend's daughter though

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In Training posted:

I love both of those games, but they won't hold a candle to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

even revengenance, the best metal gear title to date, will be better than it

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Mak0rz posted:

I dunno what Falcom is but I love me that Soul Blazer "trilogy" (aforementioned, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma). Soul Blazer was one of my favorite games ever as a child and I still think it's better than the other two. The gameplay is simple but fun and nothing drags on and on like its successors (especially Terranigma) tend to do with some plot segments.

Good game. Keep playing. Step on gumdrop cookies and restore the world. If you enjoy it now you probably will continue to do so. It's pretty consistent.

Soul Blazer is hella good, you're right about it being the best of the trilogy. Terranigma is really good but it turns into an unfun slog as soon as you reach the second world or whatever it was.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think Illusion of Gaia was the best, although I do really love Soul Blazer. I'm still saving Terranigma (and the other Quintet games) for a rainy day. I have like 160 IoG screenshots that I like to post sometimes.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Illusion of Gaia is pretty good too, going into the dark space and turning into other things and catching fish to save your waifu. Actually one of the things that owned hard in the 90's is that a lot of games let you transform from a wimpy little human into better things, and every single one of those games was memorable even though without the transformation they would have been mediocre.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bicyclops posted:

I think Illusion of Gaia was the best, although I do really love Soul Blazer. I'm still saving Terranigma (and the other Quintet games) for a rainy day. I have like 160 IoG screenshots that I like to post sometimes.

did you get one of the pet pig sacrificing itself by jumping on an open fire so it can become delicious pork and his human friends wouldn't starve? It's supposed to be sad but it cracks me the hell up wherever it happens

if so post it tia

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

One my first AOL screennames when we first got the internet was Freedan2 or something, because I was really into Illusion of Gaia, and everyone thought I was my brother, Daniel.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

did you get one of the pet pig sacrificing itself by jumping on an open fire so it can become delicious pork and his human friends wouldn't starve? It's supposed to be sad but it cracks me the hell up wherever it happens

if so post it tia

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

yes thank you!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I like that Erik, the game's resident pissbaby, is like "Haha, yeah, tragic. Uh... anyone have a fork, though?"

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So I opened up TWOM to discover it apparently only saves at the beginning of days and nights, and so Arica hadn't joined me yet, and this time the survivor knocking on my door was stupid fuckin' Anton, who turned out to be desperately ill, has eaten all my pills, and is lying in bed dying. I'm going to try and see if the hospital will take him tonight. Oh, and winter has hit. Lovely. Luckily I built a heater already so I can keep the house not freezing, but the firewood's gonna run out at some point.

On the bright side I sent Roman out to knife a bunch of bandits and steall all their poo poo, so I have a gun now and we got to upgrade a bunch of our stuff. If it wasn't for Anton taking up a bed and not contributing and the freezing cold, we'd actually be doing quite well.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Whoops phone post

Anyway games are good

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 24, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

icantfindaname posted:

To the surprise of nobody at all the new Fire Emblem game is basically an H-game

this actually surprises me a lot because fire emblem games are usually tactical strategy games with skippable soap operas in between fights

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

this actually surprises me a lot because fire emblem games are usually tactical strategy games with skippable soap operas in between fights

It's doubly surprising because that's exactly what the new one is too!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
gently caress yeah, can't wait to catch more fire emblems

...i should probably finish Awakening. i have no idea why i haven't yet.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

icantfindaname posted:

Ten bucks says the creepy incest anime boob touching poo poo will, rightfully, be cut from English versions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's an easy ten bucks because it doesn't exist in the Japanese version to start

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Can we get a source on these h-game allegations? For research purposes?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

precision posted:

gently caress yeah, can't wait to catch more fire emblems

...i should probably finish Awakening. i have no idea why i haven't yet.

I played it on classic and hard mode with no retrying battles because people said (rightfully) that the challenge and permanent character death made the game more tense, but towards the end I hosed up a couple of battles and lost most of my decent story characters and lost my drive to continue. Cool game though, almost makes you think that anime can be good.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I ended up playing in Lunatic/Casual because Hard/Casual and Normal/Classic were too easy and "anything harder than normal"/Classic is too frustrating without a "restart battle" option ingame.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
do we have a thread for D4 or Swery65 games in general?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

s0m3 guy posted:

I think there used to be one, but that was back when it was an exclusive and nobody played it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

s0m3 guy posted:

Yes, the discussion is located in the toilet with all of his games

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

s0m3 guy posted:

it seems to be this http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3665666
but the last post was december last year, might as well start a new thread

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ffv is a great game. i have spent years saying ffvi is the best ff game, but i was wrong, it is five.

ffvi has a way better story and characters, but v is more fun and has way more replay value. both are great, though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Her Story seems like it could be p awesome so i just went ahead and bought it, i already had 2.50 in my steam wallet anyway

can't play it at work though :mad:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ff5 has Gilgamesh and is one of the more fun ones to watch the numbers go up on, as your party gains points in the jobs.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Dark Souls 2 SOTFS is a lot more fun than I expected. I'm playing a dex + hex character so far and dex weapons are actually good now! I bought it mostly because I haven't played any of the DLC yet but the rearrangement of enemies makes it feel like a brand new Souls title in a lot of ways.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i was browsing Steam and filtered games by "casual"

dark souls 2 was like the second or third game on the list, haha. people go crazy with their video game wars!

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

hubris.height posted:

ffv is a great game. i have spent years saying ffvi is the best ff game, but i was wrong, it is five.

ffvi has a way better story and characters, but v is more fun and has way more replay value. both are great, though.

It owns, I can only imagine how I would have felt about it if I'd played it between 4 and 6 instead of more than 10 years after those came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

Her Story seems like it could be p awesome so i just went ahead and bought it, i already had 2.50 in my steam wallet anyway

can't play it at work though :mad:
It's really good, you purchased well.

• Locked thread