Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What kind of name are they under?

I'm waiting on the AoU Hulk to complete my Avengers team and I could do $50 for a stand-in until he comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Aven...2363691609.html

There's one of em I had in my history.

There are others. A reverse image search should bring up a lot of em.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151701091951

They are on ebay as well, apparently.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 21, 2015

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nerd Of Prey posted:

My latest custom figure was commissioned by toy thread regular Xenomrph! It took me way too long, because these things always do, but finally it is complete.

Here I present to you the answer to the age-old question, which most of us have asked at some point in our lives:
"Dude, what if Conan the Barbarian was like... a hot babe with big hooters?"

Red Sonja!

This figure is very tiny. I don't normally work in 3.75" scale.

But I did my best to bring my usual level of detail:

This was made from a Marvel Universe Black Widow with a whole lot of resculpting. I got rid of that waist swivel entirely... because the chest swivel made it redundant, and because she needed that hott midriff! I think this is the first time I've deliberately removed a point of articulation from a toy. Thankfully, her face and hair didn't need replacing.

Accessories! In addition to the obligatory sword, the little dagger on her leg can be unsheathed, and I also included a battle axe and a fur cloak. This stuff was all scratch-built.

Sculpting and painting an outfit that small on a figure that small was a unique challenge. I'm probably not going to make a habit of it, lest I go permanently cross-eyed, but this project was fun, and I think the figure turned out pretty cool.

A bit of post necromancy, but I was FINALLY able to pay Nerd of Prey for this custom and it is :perfect:. Like it's seriously great, I am more than impressed.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Your loss bro, the Eugene TRU is a bastion of rare goods.

I drove by the Medford TRU tonight as well and it looked straight outta the 80s, go check for G1 Transformers we can flip

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lame that this doesn't come with fleeing mobsters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
As much as I love the DC Lego stuff, that is doing nothing for me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This makes me sad though. Due to be given away in a daily draw at SDCC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No wings? Come on Lego.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The_Doctor posted:

This makes me sad though. Due to be given away in a daily draw at SDCC.

Ironically, the day I quit lego forever was the day I realized they really were going to make Bizarro a SDCC exclusive and never release him at retail. I have no idea what they are thinking with the sudden swerve into fan-unfriendly-ness but I'm not feeding it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Aphrodite posted:

No wings? Come on Lego.

They couldn't even get his hair right, what makes you think they'd give him proper accessories?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

Does "holy poo poo that dudes lifting a car, WTF?" man have a name? Are they not including him in this lego set because of licensing rights? Because hes one of the defining aspects of that cover.

Superman lifting car, guy freaking the gently caress out. Come on lego.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I finally decided I want to buy a Hot Toys. Back home in Huntsville there is a comic shop that usually has a few in stock. I figure since u am in Houston, surely one of the local places will have some. No dice at either of the much larger shops here. Though they were both staffed by nice people and had lots of selection. Anyone in the area know a store that might have a STRIKE suit captain America?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I finally decided I want to buy a Hot Toys. Back home in Huntsville there is a comic shop that usually has a few in stock. I figure since u am in Houston, surely one of the local places will have some. No dice at either of the much larger shops here. Though they were both staffed by nice people and had lots of selection. Anyone in the area know a store that might have a STRIKE suit captain America?

Where did you try? There's Nan's and Third Planet and the 5 Bedrock City locations. Go to any Bedrock City and ask for it, if they don't have it there they can call the other locations to check, and if it's available have it transferred to whatever location is most convenient for you. Nan's and Third Planet are both on 45, on shpherd and a little west of Kirby, respectively, so if the first one you try doesn't have it, that's like a five minute drive to the next one. If you don't mind a bit of a schlep, there's Pop Culture Company, which ins on 10, just west of beltway 8. They have a lot of higher end stuff like Hot Toys, so if you strike out everywhere else, it'd be worth checking there.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also, I saw the Jurassic World toys in Target, and hoo boy do they suck. You know what they really need to do? S.H. Monsterarts Jurassic Park. I mean, I pretty much have all the Heisei Godzilla kaiju now. Give me movie accurate articulated dinosaurs.

Does anyone know if any of the higher-end toy companies are getting a shot at Jurassic World? It seems like such a no-brainer. There's a huge nostalgia market, I'd assume, who'd probably be willing to buy. Or maybe not. :shrug: A properly articulated movie raptor would be the best poo poo though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well the movie did open huge in China, but I don't know how much of that was Hong Kong.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Not sure if this is already a well known source, but I just found this: http://stores.ebay.ca/The-Outer-Reaches-eShop

Looks like it's a great place to get deals on figures assuming you don't care about the condition of the box.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

boom boom boom posted:

Where did you try? There's Nan's and Third Planet and the 5 Bedrock City locations. Go to any Bedrock City and ask for it, if they don't have it there they can call the other locations to check, and if it's available have it transferred to whatever location is most convenient for you. Nan's and Third Planet are both on 45, on shpherd and a little west of Kirby, respectively, so if the first one you try doesn't have it, that's like a five minute drive to the next one. If you don't mind a bit of a schlep, there's Pop Culture Company, which ins on 10, just west of beltway 8. They have a lot of higher end stuff like Hot Toys, so if you strike out everywhere else, it'd be worth checking there.

I'm up in Shenandoah so I tried Fat Ogre and Space Cadets. Are their prices pretty comparable with just ordering from Sideshow? It looks like one of the Bedrock City locations is my best bet location wise. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they have it. Thanks for the heads up.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I'm up in Shenandoah so I tried Fat Ogre and Space Cadets. Are their prices pretty comparable with just ordering from Sideshow? It looks like one of the Bedrock City locations is my best bet location wise. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they have it. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm pretty sure they all just do MSRP. Maybe Nan's charges a bit more, I'm not sure. If you're that far north, it might be worth checking Hastings in Conroe. I know they carry Hot Toys too.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I don't collect Lego, but there is a set that comes with Flash, Wonder Woman, Batman, Captain Cold, and Grodd, with a banana truck that Grodd is supposed to be attacking.

And the little panicky banana truck driver is dressed in yellow, with a blue apron with the Bluths' frozen banana stand logo on it. He could be Michael or George Michael!

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-review-76026-gorilla-grodd-goes-bananas/

https://www.google.com/search?q=arr...iw=1280&bih=685

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 23, 2015

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

That IS George Michael. I had to bring up a pic of him on google in the stand but yeah, yellow collared shirt, blue apron, and even the banana character on a square symbol.

Crazy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

Is it okay to be upset that this isn't what Superman wore on that cover?

MrFlibble posted:

Does "holy poo poo that dudes lifting a car, WTF?" man have a name? Are they not including him in this lego set because of licensing rights? Because hes one of the defining aspects of that cover.

Superman lifting car, guy freaking the gently caress out. Come on lego.
Someone, somewhere wrote a story about him in some anthology, but I can't find where it was.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I don't collect Lego, but there is a set that comes with Flash, Wonder Woman, Batman, Captain Cold, and Grodd, with a banana truck that Grodd is supposed to be attacking.

And the little panicky banana truck driver is dressed in yellow, with a blue apron with the Bluths' frozen banana stand logo on it. He could be Michael or George Michael!

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-review-76026-gorilla-grodd-goes-bananas/

https://www.google.com/search?q=arr...iw=1280&bih=685

God drat stickers.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

An Ounce of Gold posted:

That IS George Michael. I had to bring up a pic of him on google in the stand but yeah, yellow collared shirt, blue apron, and even the banana character on a square symbol.

Crazy.

Mr. Manager.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I know it's kinda late to the party but, scale of 1 to haha your boned. How hard is it to find the Marvel Select Thor w/spinning hammer in the Disney store?

1833Marine
May 7, 2006

YAT YAS
This one? http://shop.marvel.com/the-mighty-thor-action-figure-marvel-select-7/mp/16638/1000242/

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Yup that's it, I feel stupid now. Thought it was a instore only exclusive. Thanks!

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

The_Doctor posted:

Mr. Manager.
Well, manager; we just say manager.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Saw the Emperor Palatine figure at Kroger of all places today. Not bad, but honestly he would been so much better if he didn't have a cloth cape. Or at least made the hood plastic and the rest cloth. I probably pick him up when he goes under $15 if still around at that point.

[edit] I ended up buying him anyway. Honestly he pretty out of the box. Just wish he had some force lightning or his lightsaber to go with his cane.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 23, 2015

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Joe Fisto posted:

I saw the funko Rocketeer too. It's awful and it made me sad.

It's not "awful" it's...cheap. It's going to need some custom paint and dear god why aren't rocker ankles standard? There are a couple of odd design decisions, why wouldn't they make it so the helmet can look up so he can fly, why is one hand weirdly splayed? And the aforementioned paint.
Still, it's a nice base figure with some good detail.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Funko is the oddest company. They're not bad (sometimes they are) but they make some downright baffling articulation design choices. Like Mal here...

:psyduck:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's how he tore up that nerve cluster.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know of a good 1/6 scale missile launcher? Not a rocket launcher, but an artillery piece that has the missile sitting on it waiting to fly.

Not those huge bastards that are like 1/37 scale but something for a 1/6th scale missile.

Even a kitbash idea would work for me. Just kinda having no luck whatsoever with this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

1/6 scale would be much larger than 1/37, wouldn't it?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

1/6 scale would be much larger than 1/37, wouldn't it?

Pfft, clearly the number 37 is much larger than the number 6. Whered you go to school, the 'School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good Too (like numberising)'?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It would probably give people a better idea if you gave the relative size you're looking for in inches or something.

And maybe a picture, because an artillery missile launcher is anything from like a box on a tripod to a tank.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Anyone know of a good 1/6 scale missile launcher? Not a rocket launcher, but an artillery piece that has the missile sitting on it waiting to fly.

Not those huge bastards that are like 1/37 scale but something for a 1/6th scale missile.

Even a kitbash idea would work for me. Just kinda having no luck whatsoever with this.

There's a lot of different sizes of missile, do you mean like a Qassam, or a V2?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

boom boom boom posted:

There's a lot of different sizes of missile, do you mean like a Qassam, or a V2?

Yeah, what are you trying to do? ML scale? Dollie scale? GI Joe scale?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Luthor's launcher from Superman Returns. Big, but not like nuclear missile big.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Luthor's launcher from Superman Returns. Big, but not like nuclear missile big.

Gotcha... but how big is Luthor? 12 inches or so? 6 ish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's 1/6, hence needing the missle to be 1/6 and the launcher to be around the same scale.

If anyone can point me towards a model kit or something to kitbash, even that would work. It wasn't a HUGE launcher in the movie.