Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
I like the Riddler stuff :neckbeard: does this make me sub-human? I love this game, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The Batmobile is real, real bad but the thing that annoys me most is this enormous battletank of a car bouncing off of walls like it's made of rubber. It freaks out so heavily at the slightest anything, it's pretty ridiculous.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
There seems to be a lack of challenge maps compared to the previous games, seems like you can only play as Batman in the challenge maps too.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
The only issue I've had with the batmobile is that it has poo poo traction and because of that and the tight chase sequences, sometimes it's hard to follow a badguy down a sharp turn you don't know he's going to make. The level of hyperbole in here is nuts.

Edit: hell, "bouncing off walls"? The problem with mine is that i go through them.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
I always just keep swapping between the "Normal" mode and Combat mode whenever I'm having to steer the batmobile around and I never really have that much trouble with it, heck it's like the first car I've used in a open world video game that can literally turn on a dime and then rocket away in the other direction. :shrug:

Petri
Apr 18, 2013
I have i5 3570k CPU and GTX 770 (2gb). Am I screwed?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Some dumb idiot posted:

I always just keep swapping between the "Normal" mode and Combat mode whenever I'm having to steer the batmobile around and I never really have that much trouble with it, heck it's like the first car I've used in a open world video game that can literally turn on a dime and then rocket away in the other direction. :shrug:

I used to do that but found that it made the chase sequences just as difficult cos it slowed you down too much.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Kin posted:

I used to do that but found that it made the chase sequences just as difficult cos it slowed you down too much.

You can also still use the dodge move to jump left and right a short distance in the normal mode too which I also find is handy in correcting any gently caress ups involving oversteer.

But then again I'm the sort of person who never has any trouble platforming in first person shooters, so maybe I'm just decent with handling lovely controls.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Petri posted:

You're playing the PC version so yes

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Kin posted:

Edit: hell, "bouncing off walls"? The problem with mine is that i go through them.

In any area without destructible terrain like the Riddler challenge tracks, the batmobile will go bonkers if you hit some of the walls at the wrong angle, or else stop dead and get caught on a little facet of it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

CharlestonJew posted:

There seems to be a lack of challenge maps compared to the previous games, seems like you can only play as Batman in the challenge maps too.

Which is a shame as Harley was pretty loving fun in her DLC.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Petri posted:

This is essentially what I've got. I have all the settings on low, except AA is on, vsync is on, and the resolution is 1080p. The game runs fine. There is an occasional stutter that apparently everyone is experiencing, and a lot of texture streaming issues that again everyone seems to have, but it's totally playable.

I'm noticing some sound issues now too. Like, in the airship, people were supposed to be talking, and I could see the subtitles, but there were no voices. Also when Babs was an hero there was no music until after everyone was done talking. It sounded like good bgm for that scene, and I feel like it was sort of ruined without it. :(

There's always next playthrough. I still need to finish my first though.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Some dumb idiot posted:

You can also still use the dodge move to jump left and right a short distance in the normal mode too which I also find is handy in correcting any gently caress ups involving oversteer.

But then again I'm the sort of person who never has any trouble platforming in first person shooters, so maybe I'm just decent with handling lovely controls.

Dont get me wrong, it's not that bad, it just feels a little floaty for the type of car it allegedly is. Generally, it handles just fine and it's surprising how quickly you can get around with it.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Oh yeah, how the gently caress do you play the DLC stuff?

I preordered the game and the season pass (lol) and I can't find the option to play anything but the main story.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Man, so they really did optimize the recommended spec for the game for 30fps, without ambient occlusion. How the gently caress can you screw Unreal 3 up that badly.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

holy poo poo youve got to be kidding me.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

MinibarMatchman posted:

holy poo poo youve got to be kidding me.

I'm not that far in so there might be some I haven't found yet but this seems to be the case. Looks like they took out my favorite part of the Arkham franchise and either forgot about it or they're going to package it as DLC in the season pass.

thanks rocksteady

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

The worst part about this lovely port is that there's essentially no way it can ever really be "fixed" unless they recode the entire game from scratch and there's no way in hell they'll do that :(

tell me more about your intimate familiarity with the development process and source code of this game

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 24, 2015

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Mogomra posted:

Oh yeah, how the gently caress do you play the DLC stuff?

I preordered the game and the season pass (lol) and I can't find the option to play anything but the main story.

Having the season pass does not give you the Harley Quinn pack until some point in the future. To get it now, you need a code specifically for it.

I bought from cdkeys.com and didn't get my code for the Harley Quinn pack until this morning.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm not that far in so there might be some I haven't found yet but this seems to be the case. Looks like they took out my favorite part of the Arkham franchise and either forgot about it or they're going to package it as DLC in the season pass.

thanks rocksteady

Weren't the challenge maps and extra characters all DLC in the last Rocksteady game too?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Given there are videos of the game before it was released, running at 60 frames per second with Nvidia tech that not only worked flawlessly, but isn't actually in the finished game and there were no hitches in the framerate, I'm honestly wondering if some idiot accidentally pushed through an alpha version of the game onto Steam by mistake.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

thanks rocksteady

my disappointment level is through the loving roof if true. why on earth would anyone do this, that's like the biggest step backward you can possibly do.

I guess it's loving DLC because one of the dlc season pass items says "Players can become Batman or his allies in a series of standalone challenge maps." gently caress you WB, holy loving poo poo.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

for the record it seems like most of the graphics options do nothing to affect performance apart from shadow quality; on high the game's a juddery mess whereas on normal it's pretty playable. jsyk

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I honestly don't want to play this game if I have to use the Low textures because of my VRAM, lol.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The game's performance increased greatly for me when I turned the display to 720p like a freaking caveman. Not really an acceptable fix at all but it'll do for now seeming as I can't get a refund. There's still a significant memory leak though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The game's performance increased greatly for me when I turned the display to 720p like a freaking caveman. Not really an acceptable fix at all but it'll do for now seeming as I can't get a refund. There's still a significant memory leak though.

Good grief.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I honestly don't want to play this game if I have to use the Low textures because of my VRAM, lol.

Low textures look like loving mud lmfao. My rig could run GTA v almost maxed out with no stuttering, but this ugly game brings it to a halt.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Crashbee posted:

Weren't the challenge maps and extra characters all DLC in the last Rocksteady game too?

Arkham City without any DLC has 6 combat challenges, 6 predator challenges, extreme versions of all of those and the silly challenge campaign thing.

CharlestonJew posted:

It's not quite the same, but I've unlocked a combat challenge where you fight with Nightwing.

I get the feeling that the non-Batman characters don't have the moveset for predator rooms in Arkham Knight.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Given there are videos of the game before it was released, running at 60 frames per second with Nvidia tech that not only worked flawlessly, but isn't actually in the finished game and there were no hitches in the framerate, I'm honestly wondering if some idiot accidentally pushed through an alpha version of the game onto Steam by mistake.

That's because they were on a PS4 test bed. The PC port was in the oven, for get this...

6 loving weeks.

^^ True story. 6 weeks to port the game to PC.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I was playing with low textures when I Evened The Odds and the zoom into the batmobile wheel with those muddy asscan Vaseline was probably the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Low textures look like loving mud lmfao. My rig could run GTA v almost maxed out with no stuttering, but this ugly game brings it to a halt.
Yeah, at Low, "textures" become "colors".

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

are there any videos of this extremely low texture goodness, I'd like to Laugh at it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Probably the most insulting thing is that you can't alt+F4 out of frustration because it leaves an unkillable process running.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Infinitum posted:

Back of the airship. Access it via the floor in the main hangar area

Thanks.

What does Restart does? I fell through the floor and in panic I pushed that button, it put me back at an earlier place.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I was playing with low textures when I Evened The Odds and the zoom into the batmobile wheel with those muddy asscan Vaseline was probably the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

redbackground posted:

Yeah, at Low, "textures" become "colors".
I have textures on low and it looks fine, so there's probably also something else going on.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Peewi posted:

Having the season pass does not give you the Harley Quinn pack until some point in the future. To get it now, you need a code specifically for it.

I bought from cdkeys.com and didn't get my code for the Harley Quinn pack until this morning.

Interesting. I got two keys from Amazon. One unlocked "Batman: Arkham Knight" and the other unlocked "Giraffe" whatever the gently caress that is...

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Anyone else with a 980 running it fine? Mine's smooth as glass even with all the interactive fog and poo poo on, no crashes do far after about 10 hours.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Peewi posted:

I have textures on low and it looks fine, so there's probably also something else going on.

Yeah, same here. When the textures work, everything looks pretty good, but there are times when they only load at a hilariously low resolution.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
So I just got home with a sealed copy of the PC version. Do I install this on my i7 4770k & GTX 970 machine or should I just leave it sealed and return it tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mogomra posted:

Interesting. I got two keys from Amazon. One unlocked "Batman: Arkham Knight" and the other unlocked "Giraffe" whatever the gently caress that is...

I'd love to replace the batmobile with a giraffe

• Locked thread