Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

bowmore posted:

man if you don't follow Koni Hurrell on Instagram your missing out

https://instagram.com/p/4RKw5zsltR/

Pro loving click, right here. And surprisingly worksafe for a Hurrell video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
He seems like a great guy, shame he still hasn't really got his poo poo together on the field yet.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Idk how to link to the video and I can't find it anywhere else so https://twitter.com/SkySportsRL/status/612992910498226176 check this out for a massive drop out

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Jackson's lift got downgraded and he's now free to play origin. While I'm glad as a Queenslander he is playing instead of Luke Lewis, the judiciary continues to be a complete loving joke. Peachy's tackle on Blair a few weeks back got like 2 weeks? Basically they're saying if you don't hurt them, we don't give a poo poo about intent or angle or whatever, have a slap on the wrist. McKinnon was only last year and they've already gone soft.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'm still lost about how they should rate things. I'm working from a perspective that nobody sets out to hurt anybody seriously. From that, the judiciary seems to be on a hiding go nothing for intent or for quantifying dangerousness in any consistent way. There needs to be some sort of objective standard for grading that can just be applied without any argument.

Fake edit: lol that such a thing is even possible

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Nice to see the Bulldogs/NSW player exemption still exists.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...3-1227412897898 Warriors out of the running for Foran, interested in Sam Moa.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...3-1227412897898 Warriors out of the running for Foran, interested in Sam Moa.

Hmmm. It sucked to see Matagi go, but Moa is more advanced in his development.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
What's this Mitch garbutt guy like who is coming to the rhinos

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Paul Wellens has retired after 17 years playing for St. Helens. :(

He was a true club legend, he won every domestic honour available, most of them multiple times.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
One of the best players I've ever seen play the game. Genuine legend of the sport, real shame he's had to go.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

stickyfngrdboy posted:

What's this Mitch garbutt guy like who is coming to the rhinos

He's got the potential to be a good forward but just never kicked on at the Broncos for whatever reason. He had a poo poo preseason, mostly due to a back injury which he's bern carrying through this year. Had very limited game time in first grade and this together with the injury has dented his confidence a bit.

Because of his limited preseason and game time he never got the chance to cement his spot in the team. Plus he was signed by the old management here and is on decent coin but we've got a few good juniors coming through and just don't really need him.

On the plus side he's got a big frame and a big motor. If he can adapt to the conditions and get over his back problems he may well become a star player over there. Best of luck to him.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

iajanus posted:

I'm still lost about how they should rate things. I'm working from a perspective that nobody sets out to hurt anybody seriously. From that, the judiciary seems to be on a hiding go nothing for intent or for quantifying dangerousness in any consistent way. There needs to be some sort of objective standard for grading that can just be applied without any argument.

Fake edit: lol that such a thing is even possible

Peachy was definitely looking to hurt, IIRC it was after he knocked on and the ref called held about 4 times before he picked him up and looked to drive him. He should've been gone for 8 weeks, the 2 weeks was pointless. I'm not a fan of mandatory penalties in general but when it comes to lifting tackles, concussions and high shots the NRL is more concerned with being seen to do something than actually doing anything at all.

ili posted:

Nice to see the Bulldogs/NSW player exemption still exists.

The writing was on the wall last year with the Tate tackle. Yeah here's a rise for alex round, but a more egregious tackle than the one that left a man paralysed is fine and tate is a big whiny girl. Great message that was for the game.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

ili posted:

He's got the potential (etc)

None of this has me excited at all!! In my head he was a brilliant young prop who will complement cuthbo perfectly, making our pack unstoppable!! poo poo news.

In other stuff of interest, marc sneyd of hull has been banned for two games. Sneyd was binned during the game against Leeds on Sunday, after an appalling challenge on Danny McGuire (McGuire was also sin binned in the incident in one of the most bizarre refereeing decisions I've seen for ages). It could easily have been a four week ban, and some (like me) would say sneyd was lucky to get just two.

After the game on Sunday, Brian McDermott, Leeds coach, suggested McGuire's ankle was possibly broken, and McGuire left headingley with a pot on his ankle, but is now a possibility to play in the cup game, which takes place in hull tomorrow night (UK). This has made idiotic codheads take to social media to blame McGuire for feigning injury in the hope of getting their only decent kicker banned.

It's going to be a very feisty affair thanks to this, er, controversy, and if you have access to the game on TV (sky sports in the UK, I'm sure fox or whatever will have it down under) I reckon you could do worse things than watch it.

I'm going to the game and I'm going to try not to get lynched by hull fans.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

quote:

EMBATTLED Parramatta have been forced to repossess a club-approved car given to hooker Nathan Peats to avoid facing further salary cap punishment from the NRL.

Under Peats’ deal, which former chief executive Scott Seward approved, the 24-year-old was promised a car supplied by the club. Now Parramatta officials have been told the Holden Commodore SSV is not compliant with the club’s salary cap — and they’ve taken back the keys. Peats is furious and demanded to keep the vehicle, but that would have ensured the Eels again breached the salary cap rules.

Parra have had such a bad week off the field you'd have to back them to win this weekend.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

League really does attract the dumbest motherfuckers around huh

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Jesus christ parra it takes a lot of practice to be this poo poo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wonder how many we are gonna lose by tonight

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Broncos aren't going to do that defence again.

I think maybe 28 - 12 to Broncos

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Or at least bother with that defence against the Knights

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Great broncos try off a forward pass

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

:horse:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Where is iajanus, thats in QLD

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

BCR posted:

Where is iajanus, thats in QLD

I'm in Vanuatu and three shots of kava in so far.

Hope Scott's OK

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

I'm in Vanuatu and three shots of kava in so far.

Hope Scott's OK

Don't you need several big bowls of that stuff before it kicks in?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

Don't you need several big bowls of that stuff before it kicks in?

A shot in this case might be approximately a normal soup bowl.

In other news, my tongue and face are a bit numb

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Holy gently caress that tackle by Matai. And it was clean.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Half time special

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I'm a little behind - That Matai hit :drat:

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

thank mr skeltal

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

OK watching the imparja feed and my legs are a little numb, apparently we need to start celebrating territory day?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

OK watching the imparja feed and my legs are a little numb, apparently we need to start celebrating territory day?

For a moment I was worried that you were getting ripped off by some shady prick taking advantage of tourists, but it sounds like you're getting served the real thing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

For a moment I was worried that you were getting ripped off by some shady prick taking advantage of tourists, but it sounds like you're getting served the real thing.

Yeah this is my second night on it, might have moved the mattress to the floor in preparation.

Still feeling more with it than Copley

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

I miss listening to imparja

Will never have Matty Bowen tell me to put down the bucket bong again

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

BCR posted:

I miss listening to imparja

Will never have Matty Bowen tell me to put down the bucket bong again

The ads with the puppets are starting to freak me out a bit

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Broncos get a try off a hilarious non penalty

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
not like it matters

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Pretty bummed about Josh McGuire, but hopefully we'll see some Napa action in Origin III

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Shame about the no try but goddamn Manu is an elite finisher these days.

• Locked thread