Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
What on earth does "you got the b'ar" mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Ugh those Galatianman strips are like half transparent and half white so they looked weird as hell in the Awful App with the dark background. Text is almost completely illegible.

Galatianman is basically a blog.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

This is hilarious

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Post 9-11 User posted:

I'm terrible at geography and four of the cartoonists from the south that I found died years ago, welp. I expected to find some website (like Townhall but more so) that had nothing but deep south cartoonists all the time, no luck. There is Ben Sargent, who rarely tackles national topics and has long gaps between cartoons and it's obvious why:

Luckovich is in Atlanta, Bennet is in Chattanooga, Streeter is in Savannah, and Lester slimes his way around Rome, GA. Someone mentioned Crew in Alabama already and posted his stuff. Fred Mulhearn in Louisiana exists but mostly does state politics so nothing about Charleston...I don't think anyone's posted this Ramsey yet

He's in Mississippi. I thought Bok was from Florida but apparently he just worked there for a long while before moving back to Ohio. I'm not sure if that fits whatever you had in your head when you say 'cartoonists from the deep south.' If you were expecting a repository of bigoted cranks drawing cartoons about lynchings and the glory days of the confederacy, I'm not surprised you didn't find one. Not because those sentiments aren't common enough to have an audience, but because that audience is hella cheap to pander to so why bother paying a cartoonist to do it? It's not like Ramirez or the McCoys aren't going to make them just as happy so might as well syndicate.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

Swan Oat posted:

What on earth does "you got the b'ar" mean?

It's from The Big Lebowski.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R07cCydCeY

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I would love to work here. Hillary Clinton creates jobs: A Good Cartoon.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

B'ar

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I love that he's been doing this for some pathetic number of years, and his composition is not only poo poo, it's gotten actively worse. Let's just slap a giant word balloon over the only other character in the panel. I honestly thought he was talking to a riderless horse at first. Like the characters' faces, what little competence Muir had is slowly melting away.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Jaunts posted:

The artist does not understand what 'lame duck' means.

It means "politician I dislike", doesn't it? :confused:

No, wait, my mistake, it means "politician who has just failed to do something" of course :doh:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Kinda disappointed in the Confederate Flag comics. Nothing nasty enough. Wasn't there a Kreider comic of Oprah Winfrey wiping her rear end with it? I can't seem to find it

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Last Buffalo posted:

Galatianman is basically a blog.

I know it is. But why would you have any of your fills be transparent in the first place? Doesn't that take more afford than just a white fill?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I know it is. But why would you have any of your fills be transparent in the first place? Doesn't that take more afford than just a white fill?

Not if it was made as black line art over or on a transparent layer which got haphazardly filled with colour. I mean it's dumb as hell and shouldn't ever happen, but there you go.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Kinda disappointed in the Confederate Flag comics. Nothing nasty enough. Wasn't there a Kreider comic of Oprah Winfrey wiping her rear end with it? I can't seem to find it

You're thinking of "Civil War II".

And my favorite part of the artist's statement, just because:

"I found that, having drawn the guy on the far right, I did not hate him; in fact, I kind of pitied and loved him. He doesn’t mean any harm. He’s just a big doofus. This is what always happens when I draw George Bush, who I also hate in real life. An occupational hazard. The nameless priest in Grahan Greene’s The Power and the Glory muses, “When you visualized a man or woman carefully, you could always begin to feel pity...”"

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Does anyone have that cartoon that has something like "Might as well not pass anything ever, agrees congress"? I've been trying to find it but I must not have the phrasing quite right.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

It was bors and it was about smoking in a coffee shop.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Does anyone have that cartoon that has something like "Might as well not pass anything ever, agrees congress"? I've been trying to find it but I must not have the phrasing quite right.

Here.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Ah yes, the age old tactic of concern trolling about the environment in order to lay a sick burn on... abortion :confused:

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Fetuses are not as important as the environment and bringing them up while talking about the earth's ecosystem is a non-sequitur. AGC

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Awesome, thank you!

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
What made the Confederates cowards?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Acropolis posted:

Doesn't the nuclear payload go on the top of the missile since everything on the back end is for thrust and potentially discarded in stages? Also that looks like a rocket designed for launching things into orbit... Am I supposed to believe Iran wants atomic energy to kickstart their space program?

I just love that there's an air conditioning unit attached to it, among other anti-aerodynamic greebles.

pwn posted:

Galatianman updated tonight, upon which I realized that Galatianman hasn't graced this thread's august pages in a month of Sunday Schools.

The word "Galatian" always brings to my mind the third panel here:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Nothing like referencing a mediocre 36-year-old movie to show how hip and with it you are.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Selachian posted:

Nothing like referencing a mediocre 36-year-old movie to show how hip and with it you are.
Sorry, you can't argue with that kind of logic. Bo Derek it is!

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

You can agree with the Pope on one idea while disagreeing with him on another idea: a "Lester do you even know what point you were trying to make here" cartoon

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

"Heh heh heh, hey, LIBERALS, did you know that your precious pope doesn't agree with you *record scratch n' stop* ON EVERYTHING!!?!??"

"WHHOAOOOOOAAA SHIIIIIT MASSSIVVEE BUUUURRRN"

*masturbates furiously*

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Kopijeger posted:

Yeah those fuckers were brave to a fault. Pickett's Charge anybody?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kopijeger posted:

Nothing, really. Grant described it best I think:

quote:

I felt like anything rather than rejoicing at the downfall of a foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

there wolf posted:

If you were expecting a repository of bigoted cranks drawing cartoons about lynchings and the glory days of the confederacy, I'm not surprised you didn't find one. Not because those sentiments aren't common enough to have an audience, but because that audience is hella cheap to pander to so why bother paying a cartoonist to do it? It's not like Ramirez or the McCoys aren't going to make them just as happy so might as well syndicate.

Elderly neo-confederate wingnut cranks find much humor in compressed, comic-sans laden, Garfield/Minions-captioned jpgs, so yeah, you don't really need to hire anyone to soothe their minds and promote their hate.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

You know how conservatives are freaking out over the Pope? Well it's YOU libs who are the one freaking out!

Wow, I'm so burned, Mike.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Presenting: The best Confederate Flag cartoon so far

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

sean10mm posted:

Nothing, really. Grant described it best I think:

Yes, that's what I thought as well. Their cause was certainly despicable, but you wouldn't fight a greatly superior foe for years and take heavy losses in the process if your side consists of cowards.

Kopijeger fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 24, 2015

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bad Reporter does it again.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Presenting: The best Confederate Flag cartoon so far

:pusheen:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

That Bad Reporter is incredible. I love Bad Reporter so much :allears:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

This is good. It could have been omitted, but I actually like the "artist's note." It's a little explainy, but in a good, how-could-this-be-any-more-obvious-you-idiots kind of way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

alnilam posted:

This is good. It could have been omitted, but I actually like the "artist's note." It's a little explainy, but in a good, how-could-this-be-any-more-obvious-you-idiots kind of way.

Plus I'd wager that a lot of people don't know that it is actually illegal in Germany.

• Locked thread