Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Klungar posted:

This is the best musical number in Community:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxi4-mzctRQ

I was going to say, my favorite thing Community did was when multiple story threads entwined in a song, as these two did. I look forward to it every time, it's just too fun.

EDIT: And the Dean wiping a tear away at the end of Kiss From a Rose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Boopy-doopy-doop-boop-sex!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

This is mine too :3:

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Hard to top the peanut bar rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fSW3vmRpV0

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt

Vegetable posted:

I liked Season 4. It's still miles better than some of the other shite on TV at that time.

El Tortuga posted:

Season 4 ain't as good as the rest of Community, but it's still better than most other current network television.

Please stop. You're confusing Irish Joe. I don't want to see any more graphs.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone who says "so and so wasn't very good but it's still way better than almost anything on network TV" probably doesn't watch a lot of network TV.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I remember watching season 4 for the first time. I made it through three episodes and I determined it was garbage and stopped. I have never seen the rest and i dont remember what happened. Anyone here saying season four is watchable has nothing of value to contribute to society and frankly should be euthanized.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The major problem with the puppet episode is the puppets themselves- they're the uninspired off-brand Muppety things you see on Christian kids' TV. Granted they had to look like the characters so that's limiting, but it did feel like they didn't do enough visually with the idea (compare to the Claymation or videogame eps and the nice goofy designs there.)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

The major problem with the puppet episode is the puppets themselves- they're the uninspired off-brand Muppety things you see on Christian kids' TV. Granted they had to look like the characters so that's limiting, but it did feel like they didn't do enough visually with the idea (compare to the Claymation or videogame eps and the nice goofy designs there.)

I really don't think the actual puppets were the problem with that episode. It was probably the cringe-inducing songs and terrible writing.

If I have to say anything good about the episode I think I liked when Pierce yelled "drat you Vicki!" or something when the balloon went down.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Okay so I bought season 4, it was on sale at JB Hi Fi for $13 AUD (normally it's $20-25 in stores).

Then I found out a weird thing: season 5 has never been released here on DVD.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
While it was still on NBC, I stopped dedicating Thursday nights to Community thanks to Season 4. Then I'd catch it on Hulu... on the weekend.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Bown posted:

Anyone who says "so and so wasn't very good but it's still way better than almost anything on network TV" probably doesn't watch a lot of network TV.

I didn't say "wasn't very good", I said "wasn't as good". I still enjoyed it, even though I thought it wasn't up to par with the rest of the seasons. And I suppose I meant network TV as a blanket statement for CBS programming, which is what I think of when I think "network TV" because of how god drat popular that crap is. What do you consider good on network TV? And I mean the big four broadcast networks. I'm not being snarky or anything, I'm honestly asking. I'm sure I'll agree with you on a lot of it.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
"Are we sure this is a game and not some art film?" Man, I loved that episode. Both plots were fantastic, and Gina Gershon at the end was such a treat.

On a related note, I've been going through a rewatch as well, and I was kinda surprised at how much I liked season 1; I never did like the pilot much, and that probably colored my recollections of the rest of the season.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

pnumoman posted:

On a related note, I've been going through a rewatch as well, and I was kinda surprised at how much I liked season 1;

Why the surprise? It's the best season.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Do season four DVDs have commentary? Is Dan Harmon one of the commentators? Cause that would be priceless.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

TequilaJesus posted:

Is Dan Harmon one of the commentators? Cause that would be priceless.
Sadly not. I know there was talk of it right after Sony re-hired Harmon, but I guess they wanted to play it safe and boring with the dullest cast and crew commentaries of any of the series.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I thought it was because Dan refused to do it after he actually watched season 4?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm gonna join the top episodes chat from a few weeks ago and do my top 10 of season 1-3 now that I've rewatched it all. In chronological order:

s1e10 - Environmental Science (the first truly great episode of the show IMO)
s1e23 - Modern Warfare
s2e08 - Cooperative Calligraphy
s2e14 - Advanced Dungeons and Dragons
s2e21 - Paradigms of Human Memory
s2e23 - A Fistful of Paintballs
s3e03 - Remedial Chaos Theory
s3e10 - Regional Holiday Music
s3e14 - Pillows and Blankets
s3e19 - Curriculum Unavailable

So many of mine are gimmick episodes, but that's what the show does so well (most of the time). Pillows and Blankets probably just pushes out in front as my top episode of seasons 1-3.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The main story puppets are bad but I love Dean's puppets in that episode.

I just love the Dean.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

gently caress the video game episode immediately after is terrible though.
Eh? I thought this was the best episode of season 3. (Easily picked it over the Rashomon one.)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

HD DAD posted:

I thought it was because Dan refused to do it after he actually watched season 4?

I can't even imagine what it's like to see your show after it's gone off the rails for a bit. It must be like when you see your best school friend, only now it's two years after high school and he's still acting like that and you're trying to tell them "that was fine then, but you have to grow up" but it just doesn't take.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's much better than the comparison he used after watching the Jeff's dad episode, when he said it was like watching your family get raped on a park bench.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
He also likened it, I believe, to being forced to watch your girlfriend blow a bunch of other dudes.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HD DAD posted:

He also likened it, I believe, to being forced to watch your girlfriend blow a bunch of other dudes.

I think the big Dan-talks-about-season-4 episode was this one: http://www.harmontown.com/2013/06/episode-60-us-of-the-dangling-wee-wee/

He starts about a minute in.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

HD DAD posted:

What a loving baby.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Pick posted:

What a loving baby.

You're right, but on the other hand, he didn't go out and explicitly insult a rape victim

So

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Toxxupation posted:

You're right, but on the other hand, he didn't go out and explicitly insult a rape victim

So

There's this really funny story being typed up somewhere about all the things Pick's done, too bad none of them are actually true. Seriously, out of 35,000 posts, the best you can find is me telling a crackpot who fallaciously accused me of being a child molester based on a lie about my comic to gently caress off?

Pick fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 24, 2015

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Pick posted:

There's this really funny story being typed up somewhere about all the things Pick's done, too bad none of them are actually true.

"Sorry that your sex sucked" -forums poster pick, to a person who admitted to being statutory raped

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Toxxupation posted:

"Sorry that your sex sucked" -forums poster pick, to a person who admitted to being statutory raped

Jokes.. on my comedy forum?

:getout:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

Ha! I think that's funny.

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back
It takes a lot of guts for the writers and actors to acknowledge the gas leak year, I love it every time they do it. I hope this thing gets another season but I'm more than satisfied with it. I remember when season 2 was unlikely to happen.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Quandary posted:

I like scrubs, personally.

I too, unironically.
It is feel good TV. Makes me feel good.

Those who actively hate scrubs have a screw loose.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Steve Vader posted:

Alison Brie is going to star in and executive produce a show on TV Land about elementary school teachers. It features Key & Peele showrunners and a Chicago improv group called The Katydids because everybody in the group is named some form of Kate.

TV Land. That's not the best sign.

But they will plug this at Comic-Con. It is called Teachers.

“Teachers” revolves around six elementary school teachers who are trying to mold the minds and lives of America’s youth, even though they don’t really seem to have their own lives together at all. From refusing to read fairytales because “sometimes Prince Charming wants to date other people” to hitting on the resident “hot dad,” these teachers are certainly changing the world, one student at a time. The series stars improv group The Katydids - Caitlin Barlow, Katy Colloton, Cate Freedman, Kate Lambert, Katie O’Brien and Katie Thomas – who also wrote and starred in the web hit that the TV series is based on. In addition to writing for and starring in “Teachers,” they will also serve as executive producers alongside Alison Brie (“Community”) and showrunners Ian Roberts and Jay Martel (“Key and Peele”).

I would watch Brie sleep. In a totally not freakish way, of course.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

HD DAD posted:

I recall him being annoyed that the same people that fired him were trying to drum up publicity by making a spectacle of his rehiring.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Fog Tripper posted:

I would watch Brie sleep. In a totally not freakish way, of course.

This forum is epic

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
My very cheap season 4 DVD arrived in the mail today, so ugh, let's hurry up and get these 13 episodes over with.

edit: “Congratulations, it’s me.”

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jun 29, 2015

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Austrian mook posted:

This forum is epic

Would be so much better if you would only stop posting.

El Tortuga posted:

Oh, I get it now, you're a poor-quality troll.

Bears repeating.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Okay so "History 101" wasn't too horrendous.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Fog Tripper posted:

Would be so much better if you would only stop posting.

Bears repeating.

you literally posted about how you'd watch an actress sleep, you giant loving weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

you literally posted about how you'd watch an actress sleep, you giant loving weirdo

:aaa:

• Locked thread