Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

GreenManGaming says I can't get a refund because it's been seven days and I already have the product on Steam.

And I can't get a refund from Steam because I didn't buy it there.

:shepicide:
Once that first patch goes through and if you're still having issues, if you write GMG nicely, I'm sure they'll help you out. (I assume you saw their latest press release about this.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

redbackground posted:

Once that first patch goes through and if you're still having issues, if you write GMG nicely, I'm sure they'll help you out.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Good news to those who bought the game cheap from Green Man Gaming, for the first time ever they're going to offer refunds if you bought it through them.

http://blog.playfire.com/2015/06/batman-arkham-knight-pc-guidelines.html

Oh good.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

net cafe scandal posted:

The Joker is extremely good. He's pretty much at his best for the series.. the poo poo he says about Barbara in the Clock Tower had me like 😂
This may be Hamill's best performance since Return of the Joker. Dude is completely on top of this.

Broseph Brostar posted:

I wish it wasn't such a pain in the rear end to find the bodies from the serial killer. You've gotta be almost on top of the bodies to hear the music, whereas you can spot the firemen on the other side of the map using detective vision.
Or you hear a half-second bit of the music before you get shot at by a drone and never hear it again.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

GreenManGaming says I can't get a refund because it's been seven days and I already have the product on Steam.

Where are you? Europe, UK or USA?

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ImpAtom posted:

It's impressive in that it's part of a more polished and better designed combat system. It isn't ~brand new~ but it's well-integrated and fun.

Look below the boxes. There is an open space. Lock the boxes so that when you tilt it you can get up into that space. Repeat until you get to the trophy.

Thanks. I saw the hole on the bottom but not the one that let me climb on top.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Game runs fine on PC with everything maxed. Except when I burn out it studders for a second, then it's fine even with tons of smoke in the air.

No AO on PC kinda sucks.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Opinionated posted:

:goonsay:

Seriously though what?

I seriously fail to see how that's goonsay at all, it's not like they can just remove the NVIDIA stuff and recode the engine with a snap of their fingers. Programming isn't magic.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 24, 2015

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Second day of release. Still no update on a patch?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Second day of release. Still no update on a patch?
They couldn't get it right in the time they had, an extra day isn't going to be enough, c'mon.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Flytrap posted:

Seriously? This makes, what, the fourth time he's came back after saying that he was done with the role?

He was always going to be in three games of the Arkham series; that was the contract. They decided to use a different guy in Origins so that they could have Hamill in the main trilogy's conclusion.

edit: Or something. Checking Mark Hamill's Wikipedia page, the story there is somewhat different. I may have been talking out of my rear end.

Zat fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 24, 2015

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
So mods on the WBGames support forum have started quietly deleting posts that criticize the quality of the PC version. Probably a difficult job to do without people noticing, since that's every post.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

So mods on the WBGames support forum have started quietly deleting posts that criticize the quality of the PC version. Probably a difficult job to do without people noticing, since that's every post.

Naturally. Shocked it took them this long.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

If I move the installation to my SSD, will it have the same problem as when you try to verify the game files?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I'm sure all those posts are super constructive.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Norns posted:

That really doesn't factor. Deleting any criticism of the PC port is constructing a narrative where nothing is wrong, which is such bullshit. WB needs to be raked over the coals for this whole mess, who gives a poo poo if it's constructive?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

iGestalt posted:

Where are you? Europe, UK or USA?

USA. I saw the refund thing now, though, so I guess I'll just wait for the patch and see how things go.

iGestalt posted:

Right. Their "You can't have a refund until X" is bull in the UK, so I was curious. Good luck though - hope we get a patch or you get a refund.

Thanks. And that's really unfortunate for the UK. I hope something gets worked out there. :(

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 24, 2015

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

USA. I saw the refund thing now, though, so I guess I'll just wait for the patch and see how things go.

Right. Their "You can't have a refund until X" is bull in the UK, so I was curious. Good luck though - hope we get a patch or you get a refund.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Norns posted:

They deleted the following post, which has since been copied and pasted there a few times:

quote:

As it seems that Rocksteady / WB think 2 posts in 24 hours is acceptable communication for the broken game people have paid for, I thought I'd give them a free crisis management plan they can use. Hope it helps!

1. Nominate someone to be the key communicator with customers. Someone with a thick skin, broad shoulders and customer-first attitude. Clearly tell us the channel(s) you will use for communication (Twitter, this forum, Steam forum etc)

2. Give us info on the following:
Priority 1: What you are doing about game breaking problems (crashes, black screen during intro etc)
Priority 2: What you are doing about performance issues (For example, why the performance benchmark shows people getting 60fps average but in-game they get less than 30 and sometimes less than 15 on Recommended or Ultra gaming rigs. Stuttering.)
Priority 3: What you are doing about the disparity between console and PC versions (missing rain shaders / textures, missing Ambient Occlusion, lack of tweakable settings, no Ultra textures etc)

3. For each priority, it is essential we get a regular update. Even if it is to tell us you are still working on it and have no new news. An update twice a day would suffice, but be consistent with the times you send them out. Only promise what you know you can deliver - so don't tell us to expect a patch in X hours only to miss the deadline.

4. Telling the community to reduce settings to 720p, or turn off settings that clearly should work on an Unreal 3 2015 developed game only antagonises and angers people. However, if that's the final decision Rocksteady and WB have taken, then be clear that we cannot expect any improvements, and tell us how we go about getting refunds (for example, for those who bought retail but would normally not be eligible as they have opened the shrinkwrap)

5. Tell us how we can help. For example create a thread here asking people to post system specs and problems, screenshots, Afterburner logs etc.

6. If you agree the PC version is broken / poor then apologise. When the dust settles explain what went wrong. Particularly around the huge difference between the Nvidia video showing higher quality graphics at 60fps, and what PC gamers ended up with. Rebuilding trust is important.

Burying your heads in the sand or sending out damage control agents on to forums (as uncovered on NEOGaf) is not an option. If you honestly believe there are few issues with the game and only a few gamers affected, then be upfront about it - but expect the worst from the paying customers. If you are really trying to fix the game, then keep us informed.

Good luck!

Seems constructive enough to me.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
How do you beat up the heavy machine gunner? He's immune to cape stun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

plape tickler posted:

How do you beat up the heavy machine gunner? He's immune to cape stun.

Save him for last. Just start pounding on him and counter every time he attacks. Basically treat it like you're doing a beatdown but he can respond. His gun can also be shut down by the disrupter.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah if anything this will be a highlight for Steam for their refund program they now have in place.

Good inadvertent advertising for Gabe!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Ironically, all of these profits they are losing will only lead to less support for releasing AAA games

It's a lose/lose for everyone

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

They deleted the following post, which has since been copied and pasted there a few times:

Seems constructive enough to me.

It's possible they are planning on doing something like this but they don't want to look like they're taking advice from random Internet poster #8. But that's just my high hopes.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Broseph Brostar posted:

Ironically, all of these profits they are losing will only lead to less support for releasing AAA games

Well, on the bright side, they do not have a lot of sunk costs into hiring 12 people for 6 weeks to develop the port. So if you believe this, you should probably know the truth.

http://www.vgstations.com/en/news/item/4012-batman-arkham-knight-pc-port-outsourced-to-external-developer.html

And then you also have NVIDIA using PS4 Test Bed Dev Kits as marketing tools in that video above.

Anyway, how much would it cost to hire 12 people for the 6 weeks they were contracted? About 20k?

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 24, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'd love to know the story here. Like the game was delayed for a long-rear end time. What possible reason do you have for waiting until ^6 weeks before launch^ to start a port.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Wasn't that infamous ET game given 6 weeks to be made?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
PS4 folk:

2 questions:

1) Despite everything PS4 and otherwise working online, I am told by the game I am not connected to PSN re: Leaderboard stuff. Anyone else?

2) What are those orange batman head-to-head icons you can earn in challenges?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

DarthBlingBling posted:

Wasn't that infamous ET game given 6 weeks to be made?

I say we revisit this thread in 30 years when we are watching a documentary on NVIDIA's false advertising and Warner Brothers assigning a 12 man team 6 weeks to contract out a port, and we can watch GTX 970 cards and boxes of the PC version of Batman Arkham Knight (We may have to use special effects here since I bet a majority were digital and didn't come with boxes) being dug out of a landfill saying, "This is where fraud in the games industry started to finally get it's rear end kicked".

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Feenix posted:

1) Despite everything PS4 and otherwise working online, I am told by the game I am not connected to PSN re: Leaderboard stuff. Anyone else?

I think this might be slammed right now since it just came out. I tried the one race a few times and every time I restarted it would struggle and vary between no leader boards, leader boards, or only showing me and no one else.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
So whenever this patch does come out, who volunteers to be the first brave soul to test it out to see if it actually makes it better instead of even worse? Any takers?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Utnayan posted:

Anyway, how much would it cost to hire 12 people for the 6 weeks they were contracted? About 20k?

Its not a large amount of money for a company like WB anyway, but 20k might get you two experienced developers for that period of time. Contracting an actual company would be way, way more.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Got several hours in, enjoying it so far though I am running the PC version (oddly enough mine came with the motion blur stuff pre-disabled in the ini, some sort of stealth patch?). Been a lot of fun overall, only major play issue I've had has been those drat races, though I seem to have the somewhat amusing problem of triggering the walls at the wrong time and blowing up my car repeatedly so my continued failure is funny to watch at least. At this rate just going to have to YouTube the 100% ending though. The police station is definitely a "visit a lot and see what changes" area dialogue-wise if nothing else, I love that abusing Mr. Broken Hand is not just a one time deal (I about lost it when my joking attempt to punch him the first time actually had Batman slam his head into the bars, but then I really laughed when I came back and Batman lifted his fist, and the guy freaked and fell down trying to run away). I absolutely love the improvements to hand to hand combat they made, taking what's acknowledged as one of the best melee combat systems out there and making it this much better is an impressive feat, really. Batman feels much more powerful but the NPCs keep up just enough to be interesting without going to broken, at least in my current experience anyway.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

this game.. is good

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Paradoxish posted:

Its not a large amount of money for a company like WB anyway, but 20k might get you two experienced developers for that period of time. Contracting an actual company would be way, way more.

Exactly. If it were for just that amount of time you are probably looking at somewhere around 100-150k, which is absolutely nothing for the development for a title like this.

The real question here is how pissed is someone like Nvidia right now? Since they put a lot of money and marketing towards this game and have to be feeling extremely burned by it all. I mean they obviously had to have had some build of this game where it was running perfectly for those videos. It makes you wonder if WB didn't pull a bait and switch somewhere.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Broseph Brostar posted:

it's business 101 that your costs are drastically reduced by making sure your products actually work before selling it to people

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Feenix posted:

PS4 folk:

2 questions:

2) What are those orange batman head-to-head icons you can earn in challenges?

1- the leaderboard servers seem to poo poo themselves every now and again, I have the same problem as well

2- those are "Gotham Guardian" symbols, they're basically the new scoring system for leaderboards

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I haven't had any problems with the game since I reset the ini and left the frame limit alone. It does suck that they limited it to 30 FPS but it runs fine and looks great so I'm happy with it.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Djarum posted:

The real question here is how pissed is someone like Nvidia right now?
Are you joking? Every single Gameworks title has had terrible performance on the PC. Nvidia does it on purpose so idiots will buy new cards thinking it will fix it, but it won't.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Someone a few pages ago posted this fix:

? posted:

add "-windowed" to launch options in steam's arkham knight properties and after loading the menu in a window, change to border-less fullscreen
I usually take poo poo like this with a grain of salt but I honestly think it cut the stuttering way the gently caress down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Djarum posted:

The real question here is how pissed is someone like Nvidia right now? Since they put a lot of money and marketing towards this game and have to be feeling extremely burned by it all. I mean they obviously had to have had some build of this game where it was running perfectly for those videos. It makes you wonder if WB didn't pull a bait and switch somewhere.

NVIDIA doesn't give two shits. They sold their 900 series cards and gave away copies of the game which I am sure Warner Brothers had a stake in as well so that agreement offsets by default. NVIDIA is also still in the shits reputation wise for lying about the available memory specs on their GTX 970's. I am sure WB and NVIDIA would love to show amped up PS4 test bed coverage with all the settings jacked on higher end hardware because it sells more for both. I would think the blame is lovely all around on this one.

At least the game works on consoles.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 24, 2015

• Locked thread