Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Skip My Posts posted:

No you haven't

Listen I don't read the football manager thread but I bet it's in there somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

not not luvd posted:

i can only think of one time where he definitely should have been off.. what were the others?

Its not so much definitely sent off just that he got away with quite a few 2 footed tackles against different teams

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

excuse me lady posted:

he'll be back on loan in Jan if there the vaguest sniff of it

At which point there will be no chance of winning the league

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Firminho is a good player and is better value than Man City will be getting Sterling for. Maybe once he signs he can use all his new money for a decent haircut and not something out of GTA San Andreas

He won't win them the league though.

Hell, nobody is that good

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Skip My Posts posted:

No you haven't
I know mate

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Gigi Galli posted:

Listen I don't read the football manager thread but I bet it's in there somewhere

Lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Bea Nanner posted:

I think Ramos wanting to leave is pretty funny because he's mostly just butthurt that Real didn't rebuff the rumors that some Barca presidential candidate was going to buy him (or he is just using that as an excuse).

He's just trying to get a bigger contract. 40 and DDG would be loving amazing tho for a 29 year old defender lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Astori is also returning to Cagliari and will almost certainly be sold, so I expect them to have the most money of any team in B this year for transfers.

Forgot to say this before: Marotta pls don't listen to Allegri, he's poo poo, just don't do it

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Miranda to Inter seems close, will be a big loss for Atletico I think, but they probably have to sell while they can get something decent for him

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/06/24/english/1435170362_482897.html

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hegay posted:

He's just trying to get a bigger contract. 40 and DDG would be loving amazing tho for a 29 year old defender lol

It's absurd and I'll be mad as heck if it happens.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol wait what, it's not Madrid giving 40m + Ramos for De Gea???

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

JFairfax posted:

lol wait what, it's not Madrid giving 40m + Ramos for De Gea???

It's nonsense whichever way around.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
United are going to get hosed on the De Gea deal since Real know he wants to leave and go there.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

The Big Taff Man posted:

United are going to get hosed on the De Gea deal since Real know he wants to leave and go there.

Ah the perils of being the Biggest Club in the World.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

They should just say gently caress it and Lewandowski him

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Hegay posted:

Miranda to Inter seems close, will be a big loss for Atletico I think, but they probably have to sell while they can get something decent for him

His transfer is definitely a warning to Juve and Roma.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

The Big Taff Man posted:

it's okay he's just using them to get a bigger contract

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

They should just say gently caress it and Lewandowski him

He's in the same situation as Sterling where he can buy himself out after this season and leave on a free I believe.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
After trying to negotiate a new contract at Marseille and failing, Payet is flying into London tomorrow for a medical ahead of an £11 million move to West Ham according to the Telegraph and various others

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

chuggo is BACK posted:

it's okay he's just using them to get a bigger contract

loving monkey, I was going to make that exact post but with the word 'leverage'

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Insanely Sikh posted:

loving monkey, I was going to make that exact post but with the word 'leverage'

Wow, mods?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Shrapnig posted:

He's in the same situation as Sterling where he can buy himself out after this season and leave on a free I believe.

I just figure for the weak sum they're gonna get, it might be better to just take one more year from him. TV deal money and all that

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

Cech and Schneiderlin would be too good to be true

2nd place would be too good to be true.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

reformed bad troll posted:

He won't win them the league though.

Hell, nobody is that good

Suarez nearly did it.

Ramos is a really good player and I think he's far better than any other defender United have. Sure he'll get sent off a few times but he'll also score a few goals too. De Gea is gone pretty much no matter what and given his contract has very little to go he's not going to go for an obscene amount of cash.Having him part of a Ramos deal isn't too bad. An extra forty million is pretty high though.

Of course none of this will matter as Bob Firm is going to dribble past everyone and score a million goals while Joe Gomez keeps the sheets clean at the back.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

The Express (amongst others) are reported that Saints have accepted a £12.5m bid for Clyne, and The Mirror is saying that a deal for Bacca will be around £21.5m.

I am enjoying getting some tidy business done early.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
£12.5M seems low given what their players went for last season.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EvilHawk posted:

The Express (amongst others) are reported that Saints have accepted a £12.5m bid for Clyne, and The Mirror is saying that a deal for Bacca will be around £21.5m.

I am enjoying getting some tidy business done early.

Seems low for Clyne

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Bacca is exactly the kind of player who will always turn to poo poo at liverpool but tbh I'd take any striker at this point

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

pik_d posted:

£12.5M seems low given what their players went for last season.

His contract runs out at the end of the season

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hegay posted:

Eh. Miranda is getting older and that Gimenez fellow seems promising. Don't think it will be that bad

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

chuggo is BACK posted:

Bacca is exactly the kind of player who will always turn to poo poo at liverpool but tbh I'd take any striker at this point

I don't know about that, the last South American striker we bought was pretty handy.

I've not seen a whole lot of him tbh. He sounds like he's a pretty ruthless finisher though and we could do with one of those.

Would be very happy with Clyne at that price.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

One of these players will come good eventually so this is some exciting stuff. No idea what our lineup will be.

e: must be sales coming soon or we are hosed in wages.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

After trying to negotiate a new contract at Marseille and failing, Payet is flying into London tomorrow for a medical ahead of an £11 million move to West Ham according to the Telegraph and various others

Dunn DEEL

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
can't wait for the hijinks of payet n' poyet

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Brendan Rodgers posted:

No idea what our lineup will be.

It will be poo poo.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Ewar Woowar posted:

I don't know about that, the last South American striker we bought was pretty handy.

Decent striker who's floated around for a while before having a really good season in his mid-late twenties before being signed for big money, it never fuckin works

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Skip My Posts posted:

No you haven't

i know us ice asses should stick together but i don't know how you missed the joke this hard

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Pretty blatant abuse of bold tags right here

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

quote:

He is set to fly to London for a medical on Friday.

:ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

chuggo is BACK posted:

Decent striker who's floated around for a while before having a really good season in his mid-late twenties before being signed for big money, it never fuckin works

Yeah the age thing is a bit of a worry and I would rather we spent a bit more for Benteke tbh.

gently caress it, I'm just excited that we're signing some players.

• Locked thread