Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

ethanol posted:

this game.. is good

As terrible as it runs, I agree. They hosed up the PC version so much and seem apathetic enough about it that I don't expect anything resembling a real fix any time soon (assuming they don't just abandon it like Origins), so I've just been playing through it with everything set to low while trying to ignore how bad it looks. The actual game is really good so far and I don't even mind the Batmobile even if it's difficult to control in pursuit mode. I'll definitely replay it a few months down the line, presumably they'll have made the issues at least a bit better by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like all the new stealth and combat options they give you, too bad there's not much opportunity to actually use any of this poo poo because there's no challenge maps.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I want to find where those Nvidia videos for the game came from. You'll notice they are 60 FPS and have effects that are not in the game. Maybe they were pre rendered in real time. http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/06/22/batman-arkham-knight-2/

Comcast is illegally reducing my bandwidth to Youtube right now so I can't watch the videos.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

This is really quite masterfully done. Just enough modern smugness to mock those dumb PC gamers (haha see they think they're the master race, like they're living in antebellum south) and then coupled with the perception of heh those nerds, unlike me, im a mentally well normal cool person who just likes to shoot the poo poo and chill by playing as badass batman, 1) nothing wrong with me 2) nothing wrong with me, i just want to beat-up baddies like a chill cool person. Throw in a dash of sarcasm and inference that nerds hate the bone with a fiery passion only quenched by the horrendous sharktank and then associate people must hate it for that reason.

Quite the masterfully crafted post to induce anger and make dem nerdy goons all frustrated and angry. I think we can get along my friend :hfive:

Thank you, friend.

Also play on the Bone there are, for real, zero problems with getting games to run or video card horseshit.

:v:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Mark Hamill deserves some kind of recognition after this game. Honestly he is probably the best Joker.

Also this is a really poor PC port, but with some tweaks I've made it run decently well.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 24, 2015

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Game owns.

Totally sucks if it's an unplayable pile of rear end for you (sounds like most PC posters), but if your complaints are "No shadows under the coffee cup!" or "My rain textures!" then you should probably just be enjoying the awesome game.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I am enjoying this game on the PC and the Batmobile is cool and fun.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

CharlestonJew posted:

I like all the new stealth and combat options they give you, too bad there's not much opportunity to actually use any of this poo poo because there's no challenge maps.

Agreed, I dont hate the batmobile but I feel like I've fought more tanks than thugs at this point.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

There are some challenge maps, they just have to be unlocked. It's a little weird and not as well implimented as in City or Origins

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CharlestonJew posted:

I don't know if this is any help or new information.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

There are some challenge maps, they just have to be unlocked. It's a little weird and not as well implimented as in City or Origins

yeah I just wish I knew how we unlocked them and how many there actually is

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Does this game suffer from "way too many button combinations" syndrome? I'm an idiot with horrible memory. I am using a wireless xbox 360 controller, not that it matters.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Does this game suffer from "way too many button combinations" syndrome? I'm an idiot with horrible memory. I am using a wireless xbox 360 controller, not that it matters.

Kinda, but Batman still does something badass regardless of the combination you press. I always appreciated in this series how Batman always dominates thugs right from the beginning, the skill that the player develops is in gradually feeling like you are more precisely controlling what he does exactly.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I use the same controller, but after four batman games I suspect that I'm molded into playing. They shifted the gel detonation to pushing on the left stick, and the left trigger throws out a blob of gel now, rather than dumping it like a landmine.

Generally you'll be hitting the normal face buttons and the sticks. Directionals control goggles, inventory and a couple of other features. You can get by with that, but to become rilly gud you have to start throwing in the combinations for the batarangs, claw and other toys.

A nice feature is the co-op fighting with two characters, although it feels gimmicky rather than integral.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Also this is a really poor PC port, but with some tweaks I've made it run decently well.

What was it ported from?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

just play on easy/normal and you'll be fine

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

ethanol posted:

Yeah, you'll only really use A+B/Y+B in normal gameplay when not going for score/variation bonuses.

fe: I bought this because I expected to have a better card by the time it was released. Turns out it's somewhat playable on a 550ti with everything on low until the loving motion blur kicks in.

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 24, 2015

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

ethanol posted:

Yeah the problem is the combat and predator systems really shine in challenge maps.... and there aren't really any proper challenge maps.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Sober posted:

Yeah the problem is the combat and predator systems really shine in challenge maps.... and there aren't really any proper challenge maps.

if I have any complaints about the game, as much as I love the batmobile, I finally got to a predator mission and when it was done I thinking about how awesome it was and how the game isn't involving it enough, like that was all we did in previous batmans and now it seems like it's a much smaller portion of the game

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sober posted:

Is that really true? I unlocked a combat challenge last night and I assumed there'd be a bunch more to unlock. They've always been unlockable, never available right from the start.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Thank you, friend.

Also play on the Bone there are, for real, zero problems with getting games to run or video card horseshit.

:v:

I am also playing this good game on an X Box One.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Maybe it's because I haven't done the Batmobile's apparently tedious bullshit challenges yet, but just as it is, I really like the way it feels to drive. Quick acceleration but low top speed, plus well done but understated sound design makes it feel like it's perfect for the game it's in, and all that plus it being able to crush basically anything in its path and send chunks of everything flying makes it just fun to tromp around in. It feels really well suited to the game around it.

I also love how seamless it is to go from being Batman to the Batmobile and back. There's no going out of your way to find the drat thing, no tedious positioning to get into it. One button press basically takes you from just standing (or gliding) there to being in the car, all accompanied by a kickass dynamic animation sequence that doesn't feel like a cutscene. And with another button press you're launched back out of the car at warp speed into the atmosphere, right back to being your old bat self.

I don't doubt that some of the forced justification of the Batmobile in the form of problems only the Batmobile can solve are obnoxious and tedious, but just on its own, it's a hell of a new toy to play with.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I love this game and I love my Xbox One. But mostly I love my Xbox One. And this game...

And the Xbox One.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm playing this game on an xbox one too but sometimes I forget that I need to remember it's the worst console and that I'm not enjoying myself, this is all a delusion brought about by years of retardation and autism.. thank you shark tank and goons for revealing this all to me

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Basebf555 posted:

Is that really true? I unlocked a combat challenge last night and I assumed there'd be a bunch more to unlock. They've always been unlockable, never available right from the start.

It seems like you unlock some as you progress through the story.

There are a lot of predator sections in the campaign, they're just blended superbly with the open world.

I can't help but feel that all of these types of complaints are coming from people who have barely played the game.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
The only problem I have with the Batmobile is that the brakes don't seem to do anything and it starts to reverse before it comes to a complete stop.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

yeah I just wish I knew how we unlocked them and how many there actually is

You can see unlock requirements on one of the screens. One of the ones I recall is "perform a stand-up beatdown three times."

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

PostNouveau posted:

Totally sucks if it's an unplayable pile of rear end for you (sounds like most PC posters), but if your complaints are "No shadows under the coffee cup!" or "My rain textures!" then you should probably just be enjoying the awesome game.

I think most PC gamers are sick of it not working, but Ambient Occlusion and having entire textures missing even if it runs somewhat well, are valid complaints and probably ruins their enjoyment of the game regardless as well. Because other than that, it's the same as every other Batman anyway with Battlezone thrown in to kill some time between the usual. Which is fine. But don't sell this as an amazing title when it's the same as all the other batmans. Which are good and fun. But nothing groundbreaking.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Yaos posted:

The only problem I have with the Batmobile is that the brakes don't seem to do anything and it starts to reverse before it comes to a complete stop.

I gave up with using breaks. I just use into a Tank and back again since it seems to bleed all speed off. Also looks hilarious.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Yaos posted:

i figured out the solution to this. no more pussy stops. powerslide to a stop everytime, like you mean business

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Yaos posted:

The best way to stop if you really want to come to a stop right away is just switch to tank and back.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

iGestalt posted:

I gave up with using breaks. I just use into a Tank and back again since it seems to bleed all speed off. Also looks hilarious.

Yeah, there's a reason that what was normally the break button is instead the tank button.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
I really want to play this game but the only platform available for me is Steam. I'm running an i7 950 and a 670gtx- guessing it would be pointless at this point in time? Seems even folks with top tier modern systems are struggling.

I'm not intimidated by config tweaks or anything if that's all it takes to fix, but if it's fundamentally broken I don't want a retread of Arkham Origins first few weeks on Steam.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Poizen Jam posted:

I really want to play this game but the only platform available for me is Steam. I'm running an i7 950 and a 670gtx- guessing it would be pointless at this point in time? Seems even folks with top tier modern systems are struggling.

I'm not intimidated by config tweaks or anything if that's all it takes to fix, but if it's fundamentally broken I don't want a retread of Arkham Origins first few weeks on Steam.

There's a chance it will work well, and a better chance it won't. No one knows until you play it on your personal system with this game, many people with the same cards and such are getting completely different results.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Poizen Jam posted:

Game runs fine outside of a couple of the NVIDIA works settings. The crazy smoke setting has some hosed performance issues for me.

No AO and some of the textures missing kinda sucks, but the game still looks great.

Update your drivers. A lot of people still don't seem to understand how important this is when new games launch.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Utnayan posted:

but Ambient Occlusion and having entire textures missing even if it runs somewhat well, are valid complaints and probably ruins their enjoyment of the game regardless as well.

I can't fathom this. It's, like, the spergiest thing in the world.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Norns posted:

Update your drivers. A lot of people still don't seem to understand how important this is when new games launch.

Constantly having to worry about downloading and installing new drivers is what led me to buy a console about ten years ago. I'd hope that whole process is more streamlined now than it was then.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Poizen Jam posted:

Absolutely do not buy the PC version until something is done. Your specs are pretty close to the minimum and it doesn't run consistently or well on modern hardware. Thus far the response from WB has been "check your settings and set everything to 720p and low".

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Basebf555 posted:

Constantly having to worry about downloading and installing new drivers is what led me to buy a console about ten years ago. I'd hope that whole process is more streamlined now than it was then.

It's like 3 button presses now.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

It absolutely is. They download automatically with GeForce Experience but some people don't like the program for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Norns posted:

Game runs fine outside of a couple of the NVIDIA works settings. The crazy smoke setting has some hosed performance issues for me.

No AO and some of the textures missing kinda sucks, but the game still looks great.

Perhaps it does for you, but not for most.

• Locked thread