Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
Schwartenmagen.

A bit like head cheese or haggis; originally a pig's stomach stuffed with minced meat and skin, and maybe blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Blood sausage is good but it sounds like a terrible idea to put one in a sandwich.

It was gritty

That might have been because it also had spinach, but boy howdy it did not help matters.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

It's Bavarian and means "are you stupid or what, you craven crippled dog? If you put a piece of poo poo like that in my hand again, I will slap you so hard your mother feels it!"

Try "Bei der hier angebotenen Qualität dürfen Sie sich nicht wundern, wenn ich ihr Kentucky Schreit Ficken Establishment nie wieder besuchen werde. Gehaben Sie sich wohl!" for something a little more highbrow next time.

German is a beautiful language. I say this entirely without sarcasm. :allears:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

EorayMel posted:

What a waste of meat.

God, that reminds me of those Ashens videos where he eats canned food that people send him.

Anybody remember the Whole Chicken in a Can?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVza_AnhQ3E

Holy poo poo, that reminds me of this: Steve Don't Eat That

Bonus points is the most recent entry is potted meat product.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

tribbledirigible posted:

My family had accidentally bought one of these while shopping for vienna sausages. It's been in the pantry since 1994. This could be hiding the best bachelor chow inside, but the name has made me put it back down every time I worked up the nerve to try it out.

"Ah! After I finish off a horde of nasty villains, I like to re-energize with the delicious taste of Sugarman's Potted Meat Food Product. Sugarman's Potted Meat Food Product contains 2% real meat, and meat byproducts. That's right, 2% real meat to go along with superhero-sized portions of sodium nitrate, potassium bicarbonate, pyrodoxine hydrochloride, biotin, cobalt iodate, thiamine mononitrate, thenadiol bisulfite, sodium selenite, D-L-alpha-tocopperal acetate, glucaronalactone, lanacetol, pantothenic acid, and maltodextrin. Ask for Sugarman's. Meat like Grandma used to pot."

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I think balut would be where I draw the line. Even bugs seem less gross than biting into a half-formed duck fetus with feathers and poo poo. Half alive octopus wiggling as I eat it? Sure. Cicadas, tarantulas, ants, scorpions, what the hell. Durian? I'd try it. Bring me your haggis, your potted meat, your fermented shark.

It's just something about the little half-formed feathers and eyes and veins. Ugh. It's like eating baby Easter. I just can't do it.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

cash crab posted:

Steve Don't Eat It is pretty good, my favorites were Cuitlacoche, moth pupas, and the Tree Brain.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Blood sausage is good but it sounds like a terrible idea to put one in a sandwich.

The Mexican version of a blood sausage tastes great in a taco. Of course, not everyone likes it and they think I'm insane for loving it.

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

pienipple posted:

Steve Don't Eat It is pretty good, my favorites were Cuitlacoche, moth pupas, and the Tree Brain.

I was so glad to see that whole saga ended happily for him. I do still wish he'd occasionally eat a food mistake again, for my amusement.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Well goons expect many a trip report from me in the coming days as I go off on a bicycle tour.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

"Ah! After I finish off a horde of nasty villains, I like to re-energize with the delicious taste of Sugarman's Potted Meat Food Product. Sugarman's Potted Meat Food Product contains 2% real meat, and meat byproducts. That's right, 2% real meat to go along with superhero-sized portions of sodium nitrate, potassium bicarbonate, pyrodoxine hydrochloride, biotin, cobalt iodate, thiamine mononitrate, thenadiol bisulfite, sodium selenite, D-L-alpha-tocopperal acetate, glucaronalactone, lanacetol, pantothenic acid, and maltodextrin. Ask for Sugarman's. Meat like Grandma used to pot."

Wasn't it "meat like Grandma used to buy"?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Data Graham posted:

Wasn't it "meat like Grandma used to buy"?

No.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

DicktheCat posted:

I adore how potted meat is a perennial in this thread.

It's me. I'm the gross weirdo who likes potted meat.

(In what little defense I may have, I grew up both poor and southern, and potted meat provides a goodly amount of calories per bite. That matters when you are poor. Also, we'd put mayo on our bread to temper the chemical taste of the meat itself. Vote for most white poor people food goes to potted meat sandwiches with mayo.)

ive heard potted meat on saltines is called a 'shoreman's lunch' and its for fishermen who didnt catch anything

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

Desperado Bones posted:

The Mexican version of a blood sausage tastes great in a taco. Of course, not everyone likes it and they think I'm insane for loving it.

Tostadas de viril are delicious too. Bull dick chopped up and pickled in vinegar!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Someone explain this. Supposedly its pudding, but I just can't bring myself to eat something with that name.

codespace
May 3, 2011

EZipperelli posted:

Someone explain this. Supposedly its pudding, but I just can't bring myself to eat something with that name.

Kind of like bread pudding with raisins or currants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_dick

I've had a can on a shelf in my house for years, mainly for the terrible jokes it causes.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Pudding" in Britain traditionally means any dessert, or really I guess pretty much any homogeneous thing considering savory puddings that are basically sausages from what I understand.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

let me just save a little time here:

Also,

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

cash crab posted:

Man, I feel like I haven't seen that site in a decade. Why do I feel nostalgic about a man eating disgusting things?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

The Glumslinger posted:

Man, I feel like I haven't seen that site in a decade. Why do I feel nostalgic about a man eating disgusting things?

Literally any time someone mentions breast milk, I think, ":allears: Oh Steve"

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chard posted:

let me just save a little time here:

Looks like someone tried to stuff a bird with rice(and shrimp), and failed to account for expansion.

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012
Anyone for some 40 Year Old Meat with that thousand year old egg?

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/1825584/smugglers-also-shipping-frozen-beef-china-through-india-and

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

This is a market stall in Bury that does their black puddings in a bap.
They are divine and I will probably get one next month when I am nearby

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The gently caress is a bap?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

SLOSifl posted:

It's sort of like a barm cake. Hope this helps.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

pienipple posted:

The Tree Brain was hilarious to me because of his logic in deciding to eat it. He sought out stuff like moth pupas and cuitlacoche, but the tree brain was just a thing he found growing on a tree in his yard and he said "I'ma eat that" :allears:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

SLOSifl posted:

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Sometimes it's hard to tell where British reality and British "comedy" diverge.

I'll have an oven bottom please!

Wtf you mean a scuffler?

Sorry I mean a softie, or do you have breadcakes?

Just baps, barms, baras and barmcakes, sorry.

k-zed
Dec 1, 2008

Fallen Rib

tribbledirigible posted:

My family had accidentally bought one of these while shopping for vienna sausages. It's been in the pantry since 1994. This could be hiding the best bachelor chow inside, but the name has made me put it back down every time I worked up the nerve to try it out.

Just send this to Stuart Ashen right away.

As for nuts:

This is Hungarian rooster testicle stew (kakashere pörkölt) with small egg dumplings (nokedli).

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Cor blimey, lads. Me thinks it's six-a-bong.

'ere's your morning cool on a flat bap.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Paladinus posted:

It took me a while to process what exactly I was looking at, but I think I'd eat that. The only bad part would be that as soon as you pick up a slice all that stuff is going to come tumbling off, especially the beans.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Murphy Brownback posted:

It took me a while to process what exactly I was looking at, but I think I'd eat that. The only bad part would be that as soon as you pick up a slice all that stuff is going to come tumbling off, especially the beans.

Roll it up like a burrito.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Is sarnie not the same thing then?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Paladinus posted:

What's the problem here? It's just a breakfast pizza.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

oven bottom

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Humphrey Vasel posted:

A sarnie is usually just a regular sandwich made from sliced bread

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

These look exactly like what would happen if you pulled the meat out of your McDonald's hamburger and replaced it with the fries. With extra ketchup. (What IS that filling supposed to be?)

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Probably fries.

I mean chips.

It's called a chip butty.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

NotAnArtist posted:

Probably fries.

I mean chips.

It's called a chip butty.

Relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJxGi8bizEg

Edit: Bah it won't link right, skip to 1:58

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Humphrey Vasel posted:

A sarnie is a sandwich. A bap is a bread roll. A butty is a sandwich. A chip butty is a sandwich with chips in it. Chips are bits of potato cut into sticks and deep fried.

• Locked thread