Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

chuggo is BACK posted:

Decent striker who's floated around for a while before having a really good season in his mid-late twenties before being signed for big money, it never fuckin works

Is that supposed to be a description of Bacca because that's not a description of Bacca. He's scored more than 20 goals in every single season of his football career.

But he's not gonna leave Sevilla. Not for a team that doesn't even speak spanish and doesn't even play in the Champions League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Bacca gaijin

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

hadji murad posted:

2nd place would be too good to be true.

Arsenal finishing 2nd with Cech and Schneiderlin added is literally more believable to me than Wenger buying a great defensive midfielder and top class keeper in one transfer window.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
I don't see Bacca working in the Premiere League. Rondon is the natural fit. Not fast but big and strong with good shot technique.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

So who is taking Markovic off our hands? Cause that's gonna be a huge loss...

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Ungratek posted:

Markovic is only a babby and showed a lot of good things last season, I really wouldn't want to sell him now I think he'll turn out well.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
What about Lamela I've heard some rumours about Inter.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Arsenal will make two great signings, dominate for a few months and have their yearly injury crisis and finish 4th.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
One of Boca's front office guys said that they'll have a press conference to present Tevez on July 7. Transfer fee is €5m plus an 18 year old striker on loan to Juve, and Juve get right of first refusal on some other Boca youth players.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ungratek posted:

Markovic won't leave this season. He's obviously talented he just seems to lack confidence. It didn't help that he was often played out of position due to injuries and had no striker ahead of him. I think we'll see him making much more of an impact this season even if it is from the bench.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...r-10343450.html

Better than the 40m + DDG story, but why not sign Otamendi instead :confused:

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

trem_two posted:

Pretty blatant abuse of bold tags right here

does sign mean something different now or

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Your Weird Uncle posted:

does sign mean something different now or

The Guardian saying something is done is different from West Ham saying so, is the point. Also the medical thing means it isn't done.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Bold Tags must be from the clubs website or official twitter account.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

One of Boca's front office guys said that they'll have a press conference to present Tevez on July 7. Transfer fee is €5m plus an 18 year old striker on loan to Juve, and Juve get right of first refusal on some other Boca youth players.

I wonder who's gonna take Osvaldo off of them.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I wonder who's gonna take Osvaldo off of them.

He's back at Southampton actually. He's supposedly trying to go back to Boca, but they don't want to pay his wages, so Southampton still need to find somewhere to send him.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

trem_two posted:

He's back at Southampton actually. He's supposedly trying to go back to Boca, but they don't want to pay his wages, so Southampton still need to find somewhere to send him.

Guessing he'll go back to Italy.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Manchester United have told Barcelona they are not selling 27-year-old midfielder Angel Di Maria. (Daily Star)

People are actually paid money to invent transfer sagas this ridiculous, and I'm mad as hell that I'm not one of them.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I hope Osvaldo and Gaston Ramirez both gently caress off back to Italy

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

triple sulk posted:

Supposedly 40mil + de Gea for Ramos

(this could be total bullshit but it's showing up on the twitter feed)

If that happens I'll have a bit of a meltdown.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
It's a swap deal, aka the thing that football hacks think every club is doing constantly but actually happens hardly ever.

I mean United alone get linked with half a dozen every window but the last time they were actually involved in a proper swap, as in two transfers no loans, was twenty years ago.

It's far more likely Madrid will just buy De Gea and United will spend a lot of time making offers for Ramos that go nowhere.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Starsnostars posted:

I hope Osvaldo and Gaston Ramirez both gently caress off back to Italy

Haha same, op they were poo poo but I hope Osvaldo punches Ramirez on the way out

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'm reading that a verbal agreement has been agreed upon over the transfer of Shaktars Douglas Costa to Bayern.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Healbot posted:

I'm reading that a verbal agreement has been agreed upon over the transfer of Shaktars Douglas Costa to Bayern.

There are too many Costas flooding the market and devaluing the name

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Almost time to bold things up:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/586738/Liverpool-Nathaniel-Clyne-signing-after-improved-12-5m-bid

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ugh, I knew this was going to happen but that's stupidly cheap even if he is in the last year of his contract.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Southampton have accepted £12.5m bid for Clyne, 5 year deal, should be signed next week when he gets back from holiday.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EvilHawk posted:

Southampton have accepted £12.5m bid for Clyne, 5 year deal, should be signed next week when he gets back from holiday.

Just pretend I posted the Stebe Milligan post in the A league thread but with Clyne instead, I thought it was going to be about Schneiderlin but

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EvilHawk posted:

I hope his agent rinses them. He should be able to get another £5,012,000 signing on fee easy.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I proclaim this the summer of Liverpool FC.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Xabi posted:

same but last year

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...
£30m for a 29 year old Sergio Ramos.

lmao, the world's gone mad.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Xabi posted:

LOL can't wait till someone roasts this guy mercilessly with the boom bust picture. But if they can't find it they can just quote the post and say "boombust.jpg" or if they have more than a dozen posts in yospos they can write out jay peg as a joke.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

LOL can't wait till someone roasts this guy mercilessly with the boom bust picture. But if they can't find it they can just quote the post and say "boombust.jpg" or if they have more than a dozen posts in yospos they can write out jay peg as a joke.

boom bust jay peg

jk

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
West Ham have been accused of actual proper transfer-ban tapping up by Marseille in a fairly detailed statement here.

En englais;

"In early June, an agreement was made with Dimitri and his agent," read the L'OM statement. "Both sides agreed that the playmaker will honour the last two years of his contract.

"On 22 June, Dimitri's agent requested a meeting with President Vincent Labrune. During the meeting he announced that he and his player had opened negotiations with West Ham, saying that the English club had offered a six-year contract worth €30 million.

"The agent demanded a huge and immediate revaluation of Dimitri Payet's contract to remain at Marseille. Unable to meet this demand, Olympique de Marseille - through the voice of its president - expressed his surprise that negotiations were opened with another club without OM being warned.

"The club then agreed to Payet's agent's demands, explaining that we agreed to revise reasonably conditions - but only in mid-July, after having respected its commitments to the DNCG [the Direction Nationale du Contrôle de Gestion, a French football organisation that maintains professional football club accounts].

"The player's agent refused this timeline and asked Vincent Labrune for a quicker resolution, saying that otherwise the English track is preferred. Surprised by this ultimatum, the Marseille president decided to respond favourably to the English bid, after half a day of reflection.

-The player has been asked to face his responsibilities: to stay in a club he says he loves and wait until mid-July for a discussion with the president, to review contractual conditions for OM
- or choose the golden bridge that offers to West Ham.

OM obviously wants Dimitri choose to stay in Marseille next season."

Essentially his agent asked them to do something totally unreasonable for the sake of kicking off, and Payet himself has flown in to London while west ham are publicly making noises about a huge signing. I imagine the constant antagonistic information drip will eventually get us into proper poo poo.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

K U N T Z posted:

£30m for a 29 year old Sergio Ramos.

lmao, the world's gone mad.

This, but 28 year old David Luiz and 50m.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spangly A posted:

West Ham have been accused of actual proper transfer-ban tapping up by Marseille in a fairly detailed statement here.

En englais;

"In early June, an agreement was made with Dimitri and his agent," read the L'OM statement. "Both sides agreed that the playmaker will honour the last two years of his contract.

"On 22 June, Dimitri's agent requested a meeting with President Vincent Labrune. During the meeting he announced that he and his player had opened negotiations with West Ham, saying that the English club had offered a six-year contract worth €30 million.

"The agent demanded a huge and immediate revaluation of Dimitri Payet's contract to remain at Marseille. Unable to meet this demand, Olympique de Marseille - through the voice of its president - expressed his surprise that negotiations were opened with another club without OM being warned.

"The club then agreed to Payet's agent's demands, explaining that we agreed to revise reasonably conditions - but only in mid-July, after having respected its commitments to the DNCG [the Direction Nationale du Contrôle de Gestion, a French football organisation that maintains professional football club accounts].

"The player's agent refused this timeline and asked Vincent Labrune for a quicker resolution, saying that otherwise the English track is preferred. Surprised by this ultimatum, the Marseille president decided to respond favourably to the English bid, after half a day of reflection.

-The player has been asked to face his responsibilities: to stay in a club he says he loves and wait until mid-July for a discussion with the president, to review contractual conditions for OM
- or choose the golden bridge that offers to West Ham.

OM obviously wants Dimitri choose to stay in Marseille next season."

Essentially his agent asked them to do something totally unreasonable for the sake of kicking off, and Payet himself has flown in to London while west ham are publicly making noises about a huge signing. I imagine the constant antagonistic information drip will eventually get us into proper poo poo.

This is beautiful

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Healbot posted:

SKY Sports has tweeted this as Diego, complete with photo.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

sassassin posted:

I hope his agent rinses them. He should be able to get another £5,012,000 signing on fee easy.

Yes. This does all seem a bit too good to be true given Liverpool's involvement. Either Colin Pascoe was somehow causing everything to turn to poo poo or Liverpool's woes will all involve the inability to offload players for the rest of the window (which could still be hilarious for the rest of you).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

hadji murad posted:

SKY Sports has tweeted this as Diego, complete with photo.

lol why would Bayern need another 40 year old when Pizarro just left

• Locked thread