Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Mesadoram posted:

I really love mine. A definite keeper.

New BULBA stat pad tank to replace E-50 confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TheFonz posted:

New BULBA stat pad tank to replace E-50 confirmed.

:hfive:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If anyone gets stuck on that mission where you need to do 25% of the total damage, just used a tier 5 tank and get two tank bros to run churchill III's and it'll be done instantly.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, Tiers 5 and 10 are where you have the best chances of completing missions depending on the requirements.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
I played a couple games before work this morning. I goatse'd a guy asking if someone could give him a code for free gold. Fifteen years later and that poo poo is still hilarious.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ELI PORTER posted:

I played a couple games before work this morning. I goatse'd a guy asking if someone could give him a code for free gold. Fifteen years later and that poo poo is still hilarious.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Carrying retards is a pastime of mine

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
obj 777 model looks pretty nice. is that thing a heavy or a med?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

I bounced a shot off one of those TOGs. Excuse me, off of the back of that TOG. Our remaining Black Prince drove towards them... backwards.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

BadLlama posted:

If anyone gets stuck on that mission where you need to do 25% of the total damage, just used a tier 5 tank and get two tank bros to run churchill III's and it'll be done instantly.
Before the patch adjusted the missions, clanmate of mine was on that TD mission where the platoon had to do 30% (I think) of the whole team's damage. I went to help him and we did it on the first try with just the two of us in SU-85Bs.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Thought I'd give some tanks a go while waiting for Botes OBT.

Got 4 battles in a row with 15+ TDs where most of the team camped base behind rocks with narrow and useless firing lines.

Gonna go play cards until Botes OBT or something.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
So, I tried playing like some people in this thread were talking about with being able to pen the front of heavies without aiming in mediums, and yeah, it's pure bullshit. It definitely does not justify the massive drop-off nerf and pen nerf the mediums are going to get. Premium rounds? Sure go for it, but the massive nerf to apcr is dumb.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 24, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Ahahahahah the loving A45 mission is hilarious.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/freedom-to-play/

Play a poo poo ton of tanks to earn keys to unlock an eight day rental of the A45 and then play that tank a poo poo ton until you don't even want to ever play the tank again and then you get the tank for free!

Seriously you need 200 kills in 8 days in the A45 only. That is an absurd amount of playing one tank.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
What the gently caress is the A45 and when did it come out? Wow, is it just me or is that gun garbage?

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 24, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Agrajag posted:

What the gently caress is the A45 and when did it come out? Wow, is it just me or is that gun garbage?

The A45 is what happened between the A43 Black Prince and the FV200 Universal Tank in British infantry/heavy tank development.

In tanks it's more or less a Caernarvon with a 17pdr and it's been in the game files waiting for release since January

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 24, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I recently installed WoT on my new rig, fired up my account after like 2 years of inactivity and must say that the game seems much more enjoyable than I found it two+ years ago. I quit back shortly after ChairInABasket disappeared and NDP fizzled. Based on the OP it looks like there are no Goon clans that do CW, just goons in PBKAC? I played some Stronghold matches with a friend that is in some Reddit clan ( :barf: ) and had a ton of fun, even when we lost. I was hoping there would be a goon clan that would take in an NDP refugee who has 6 tier 10s and could show up a few nights a week for CW with people that do Strongholds once in a while.

Also, is it possible to change your name in WoT?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Play 100 games with the mental midgets that infest this game and see how your enjoyment fizzles. You can change your name for 2500 gold.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Agrajag posted:

It's a magic tank that manages to combine the BP's lovely gun with the Caern's paper armor - except the UFP is just as thin as the LFP (76 mm) if I'm reading things right here so it's actually even less armored. I'd call it hot garbage but I don't want to insult garbage. 120 mm effective front armor baby.

Also tanks.gg lists it at 4950 gold. Which is certainly a fairer price than sixty loving bucks jesus christ. I'd talk about WG being predatory but frankly I'm wondering if any buyers don't deserve it in this case. But hey you can get one by grinding just, uh, 368750 exp. Minimum. fakeedit: no of course not, there's not enough 4x days for that. 455 000 exp minimum.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
It seems like the vaguely sane way to do it would be grind the 45 keys and then throw another $15 down the drain to WG to turn the rented tank into a permanent one where you will never play it again.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Spending time to get the steaming pile of poop is not exactly a smart thing to do. Jerking off thinking of your babysitter would probably be more productive than getting that.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 24, 2015

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Th A45 mission looks like another one I'll wind up skipping. That's too bad, I could have used another British heavy tank to free up space in my barracks.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

RandomPauI posted:

Th A45 mission looks like another one I'll wind up skipping. That's too bad, I could have used another British heavy tank to free up space in my barracks.

Worry not! They're giving away 16 barracks slots among other things for certain number of keys, and 15k xp is simple enough if doubles and premium count. 200 kills in one tank is insane though - and if I could stomach grinding a tank for 200 thousand experience I wouldn't be stuck grinding so many tier nines.

I'm almost certainly not spending even $15 for the tank on general principle. The tank would have to be insanely spectacular and overpowered to justify giving WG money for this poo poo. I mean I likes the Caern but come on.

E: gently caress only random battles count. No Strongholds because Wargaming hate fun and don't understand what they're doing. Also NA server apparently the E5 will be the next OnTrack starting the 6th.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 25, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I would give the $15 for the tank but im not doing all that other poo poo.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

I add you as friend. Let us be the bestest friends Pat Stadding.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Agrajag posted:

Spending time to get the steaming pile of poop is not exactly a smart thing to do

the best thing I can see about this poo poo is you can buy keys for $1 that turn into 250 gold after it ends; that's not a bad exchange rate

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

WayAbvPar posted:

Play 100 games with the mental midgets that infest this game and see how your enjoyment fizzles.
That is why I want to join a clan and play with goons :v:

WayAbvPar posted:

You can change your name for 2500 gold.
Good to know, thank you.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Bort Bortles posted:

That is why I want to join a clan and play with goons :v:

Wait, what do you think he was talking about? :confused:

Comrade_Canada
Jan 24, 2014

this new mission series is dumb. its as if they think the people that play their games are automatons with nothing better to do than drown in a sea of reds, while hopelessly grinding for a mediocre tank that really isnt worth it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Comrade_Canada posted:

this new mission series is dumb. its as if they think the people that play their games are automatons with nothing better to do than drown in a sea of reds, while hopelessly grinding for a mediocre tank that really isnt worth it.

Welcome to MMOs, where 'a sea of reds' is 'hey guys, let's go farm some mobs/run an instance in the vain hope we get good loot.'

They could've gotten away with a rehash of the 'log in every day' thing for the SU-100, and just foregone the credit and item rewards since a ~rare, never-before-offered~ tank is reward enough.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Welcome to MMOs, where 'a sea of reds' is 'hey guys, let's go farm some mobs/run an instance in the vain hope we get good loot.'

They could've gotten away with a rehash of the 'log in every day' thing for the SU-100, and just foregone the credit and item rewards since a ~rare, never-before-offered~ tank is reward enough.

Sums it up nicely.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Hell, even a 'log in every day and play one game, win or lose' in the rented tank thing would get me to log in every day and play ONE GAME in that shitbox just to get another free premium. But as it is, much like my enthusiasm of 'clanning up' for the IS-5, 'meh.'

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mmkay posted:

Wait, what do you think he was talking about? :confused:
:golfclap:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Ahahahahah the loving A45 mission is hilarious.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/freedom-to-play/

Play a poo poo ton of tanks to earn keys to unlock an eight day rental of the A45 and then play that tank a poo poo ton until you don't even want to ever play the tank again and then you get the tank for free!

Seriously you need 200 kills in 8 days in the A45 only. That is an absurd amount of playing one tank.

So let us say 8 battles for one key, meaning 360 battles for 45 keys and then 200 battles to get 200k XP + 200 kills.
That is 560 battles, with an average time of 7 min per battle = 3.9 k min = 65 hours of playing.
Buying it costs 60 USD.
Who earns less than 1 USD/hour here?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Cardiac posted:

rossmum?

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

:bravo:

Seriously though, WG really seems intent on making one literally suffer as much as possible for a free tank.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hellsau posted:

Worry not! They're giving away 16 barracks slots among other things for certain number of keys, and 15k xp is simple enough if doubles and premium count. 200 kills in one tank is insane though - and if I could stomach grinding a tank for 200 thousand experience I wouldn't be stuck grinding so many tier nines.

You're missing the best part - 200 kills in a tank with only 150 alpha. Good luck with that.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I don't have a Premium tank and need a ton of credits so I might go for it.

That's a lot of battles though...

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
spending five or six bucks on a churchill III when it's on sale is a 1000x better investment than grinding every day for a month straight and you'd still probably have to shell out another $15 because 200 A45 kills in eight days is pretty unlikely

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Cardiac posted:

So let us say 8 battles for one key, meaning 360 battles for 45 keys and then 200 battles to get 200k XP + 200 kills.
That is 560 battles, with an average time of 7 min per battle = 3.9 k min = 65 hours of playing.
Buying it costs 60 USD.

Never mind that if you play every day for a month you'll be grinding your teeth to nubs in despair and probably won't want to play the lovely tier 7 non-pref premium tank you just earned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Very loving close :sigh:

Tankchat: the Obj 777 makes me all hot and bothered. If it's released as a CW reward, I will not be responsible for my actions.