Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
He goes back in time and punches Hitler. It is about what you'd expect.

I enjoyed that first six issue arc. It was fun, just not too deep. Then there's a few one shots after that that are up and down (#7!). The rest of the series starting with #10 is pretty stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Uthor posted:

The first twelve issues of Power Girl are the "essential" ones.

Winnick's run gets a bad rap, it's pretty solid. Hell, the first issue has PG and Terra bonding over watching The Wire. And a later one has her and Superman fight magic dinosaurs with mingun arms.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
Looks like Alias has finally shown up on Comixology

https://www.comixology.com/Alias-2001-2003/comics-series/9809

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

plainswalker75 posted:

I've only read through it all the one time, but I'd say I enjoyed the series; it's got a real Fallout vibe to it (without the 50's aesthetic) and the narrative is really good for about 50 issues. After that point, it start getting pretty confusing and the last 5 or so issues are the story of how the world got the way it is. The art's mostly decent, but can be a bit shaky at times and sometimes the characters can only be differentiated through dialogue.

Thank you! Yeah, I started reading it after one sale (I dig the sprawling post-apocalyptic vibe, reviews seemed decent, and I liked the art in general), but trailed off around issue 11 or 12--not deliberately, and figured I'd come back to it. I also had some trouble distinguishing some of the characters, which is an issue I really dislike in series. I figured that "sticking the landing" would be an important factor in whether I decided to read all of it--if you read it all and enjoyed, I think that's good enough.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shameless posted:

Looks like Alias has finally shown up on Comixology

https://www.comixology.com/Alias-2001-2003/comics-series/9809

Well the first two issues.

It will be like the time it took years to add the last seven issues of Frank Miller's Daredevil run.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Uh, there's already ten up?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gaz-L posted:

Uh, there's already ten up?

I meant ten, don't know why I typed two.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Private Eye Volume 2 is now out.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Marvel renewed its deal with Comixology and is now offering single issues to be purchased for Kindle.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dark Horse appears to finally be coming to Comixology.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/19/comixology-tease-the-coming-of-dark-horse-comics/
I don't suppose there's any chance I could merge my accounts and get my complete Hellboy bundle in HD on CMX. Nah.

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/19/comixology-tease-the-coming-of-dark-horse-comics/
I don't suppose there's any chance I could merge my accounts and get my complete Hellboy bundle in HD on CMX. Nah.

It won't hurt to ask once the acquisition is complete. I had comics in the stand-alone Marvel and DC apps and Comixology gladly combined my accounts so that I could access everything in the main app.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Oh god yes please. The Dark Horse app is so hellish I haven't bought any DH stuff for years since going fully digital. Haven't tried the DH app for a long time now but it was just so confusing and useless I gave up on it.

I'm really looking forward to catching up on Hellboy.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What are some recommended issues from the FF sale? The Galactus and Surfer stuff of course but what else?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

krakagar posted:

Oh god yes please. The Dark Horse app is so hellish I haven't bought any DH stuff for years since going fully digital. Haven't tried the DH app for a long time now but it was just so confusing and useless I gave up on it.

I'm really looking forward to catching up on Hellboy.

This. This. This.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hadji murad posted:

What are some recommended issues from the FF sale? The Galactus and Surfer stuff of course but what else?

1-60 plus annual 1-4. This is one of the greatest runs in comic history.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Better do this the way Marvel and IDW do. I wanna be able to read my b&w Conan comics in Guided View, not that lovely 'half-page' thing DH does.

Though... what would happen there if you have any of the DH Star Wars stuff?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What the hell Comixology

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Dynamite-Recent-Hits-Sale/page/7105?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

I got Shaft 1-5 :)

How's Casey's Captain Victory? The art looks great.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Dark Horse is officially on Comixology: https://www.comixology.com/Dark-Horse-Debut/page/7098?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Any word if they're merging libraries?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I know I will get the hellboy bundle the only question is when. I assume they will have a sweet sale soon due to Dark Horse joining.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

comiXology apps getting updated with "Smart Lists".
http://comixology.tumblr.com/post/122173691153/comixology-debuts-app-update-with-new-smart-lists

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Uthor posted:

Any word if they're merging libraries?

I hope they do, because that would be the "respectful of consumers" move--but that would also make me kick myself for ignoring some of their awesome sales in the past...

But as far as I can tell, no actual custom sorting so I can make a list to read through, e.g., Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers without going back and forth between the series constantly. :/

onefish fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 22, 2015

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
I like the fresh coat of paint but it doesn't really solve anything about arcs or custom lists. I'd love to be able to isolate some crossovers from their series just to read them on the side. Hell, it looks like they got rid of the Story Arcs view altogether.

I have one single reader issue I hope gets solved with each update, and that's a "fit to height" option for spreads. I read books in portrait mode on my iPad, with single pages displayed fully and I'd love to not have to zoom in every time there's a two page spread. Reading Torso for example is a pain in the rear end because a large number of pages are considered spreads, so you keep changing pages and zooming in.

Also, gently caress that unread metric they introduced with this update. That poo poo is more depressing than my Steam library. :doom:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...just tilt the tablet, dude.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
Not a fan of tilting TBH.

It probably doesn't amount to much but my Arkham Knight copy came with a leaflet about the digital comic. If you redeem the code BATMAN on Comixology you'll get the first three issues.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

The latest two installments of Batman '66 have been 0.99 apiece (formerly 1.99), which is just the discount needed to put it back on my digital subs list. Any word on that being the de facto price going forward?

Also, Dark Horse, I love your new look on Comixology, but I'd like the app to show me a new sale every night at midnight again, please and thank you.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Space Fish posted:

The latest two installments of Batman '66 have been 0.99 apiece (formerly 1.99), which is just the discount needed to put it back on my digital subs list. Any word on that being the de facto price going forward?

Also, Dark Horse, I love your new look on Comixology, but I'd like the app to show me a new sale every night at midnight again, please and thank you.

Yeah I am holding out getting dark horse stuff as I am expecting a sale either this week or next.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Is anyone else running into constant crashing issues with Marvel Unlimited on iOS? It was stable for the longest time and now it's like it has rebelled against functioning ever again. More than a few seconds on any screen makes it crash.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
How good is the selection on Marvel Unlimited? I'd like to do a full read of FF and some other marvel classics and I'm wondering if this is the best way.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is pretty much all there.
Licensed stuff (other than Star Wars) and Max (mature audiences line) don't appear.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 25, 2015

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah the smaller poo poo (and certain X-men spinoff titles for some reason) are either not there or only random issues but if you are looking for classic runs on big names then they are all pretty much there.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Got a coupon just now for $5 off any $10 Marvel Comics order. Going to use this to get any issues of Ms Marvel I am missing, but should I get X-Men 92 #1-3 or get Secret Wars #3 (I could always read my brother copy if I don't)?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Strangers-in-Paradise-Sale/page/7184?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Bleeding Cool ... comiXology ... social media platform ... blah blah blah
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/27/comixology-4-0-update-will-implement-social-media-features/

Though I'm excited about the word "lists". Hopefully you can make reading lists!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
That holds no interest to me.

What holds interest to me: importing my Usagi Yojimbo comics.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uthor posted:

Bleeding Cool ... comiXology ... social media platform ... blah blah blah
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/27/comixology-4-0-update-will-implement-social-media-features/

Though I'm excited about the word "lists". Hopefully you can make reading lists!

Cool I get to bitch about comics on another site/app now.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I can't wait for strangers to message me about what an idiot I am for buying comics they don't like.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
One thing I don't get is how the Marvel/Kindle thing is a 'threat' to Comixology. Johnson knows they're owned by Amazon, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Gaz-L posted:

One thing I don't get is how the Marvel/Kindle thing is a 'threat' to Comixology. Johnson knows they're owned by Amazon, right?

I could still see that as a threat. I imagine, ideally, Amazon would love it if they could dismantle Comixology and get people buying comics straight from the Amazon store.