Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

rock2much posted:

Hey Moogle skyland!

I'm pretty sure that's the island where the level 60 Bard quest happens. I didn't notice it was moogle-shaped at the time but in retrospect it's appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Ravan barding eh? Your Choco looks kind of like Maximillian from The Black Hole.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Sheesh getting my account set back up was a pain. Glad I wrote down which secret question was the right one because when they made me change my password after being inactive for a while I had to go though some serious nonsense.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So uh.

Apparently during "Hyper Electricity" weather in Azys La, coil bosses are spawning as unmarked boss FATEs. So far people have spotted The Avatar, Raff, and Melusine, youtube video is coming shortly.

I have no idea how to react to this.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Thumbtacks posted:

So uh.

Apparently during "Hyper Electricity" weather in Azys La, coil bosses are spawning as unmarked boss FATEs. So far people have spotted The Avatar, Raff, and Melusine, youtube video is coming shortly.

What even the gently caress :psyduck:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

So uh.

This is amazing.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Benson Cunningham posted:

So I've been playing this for two days now, just hit lvl 18. I had a few questions.

1. Are there any sidequest lines it would behoove me to get started on now that I will regret not doing later? I started as a Conjurer, if it matters. I just completed the emissary quest and visited the other 2 capitals.

2. Is it necessary to grind out at least one gathering skill and one making skill? If so, are any more in demand than others, or more valuable?

3. When is a good time to start leveling your secondary job class? I was aiming for White Mage ultimately.

4. I've been dumping all my stat points in mind. Should I just keep doing that? Are they ever refundable?

5. Anything I should really be aware of as a noob that I'm probably not? I've read most of the beginner guides but they can only cover so much.

I'm on a trial account as well, though I'll probably have to buy the actual game tomorrow or be stuck at the level cap. I'm on Goblin right now because character creation wasn't up on Excal. Name is 'Littlest Buddy.'

1. http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content This will tell you where all the important stuff to get is levels 1-50.

2. It isn't necessary but they are fun. In terms of demand, I can't help you.

3. There's no bad time to do it. When you hit 30 you need to go get arcanist to 15 to unlock the whm job. After that you will want 26 thaumaturge and 34 arcanist for cross class skills. It used to be that you could get to 50 before going back and getting these cc skills but with the level cap raised to 60 I don't know. My gut instinct is that 34 arcanist is nice but it can wait. 26 thaumaturge cannot. Get it as soon as you can be bothered.

4. Yes. They are refundable, you can get an item from your grand company once you unlock them.

5. Enough people have missed this so I will mention it. This button is your best friend http://eorzeareborn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Retainer-4.jpg. When you sell items it will show you what people are currently selling that item for. AH everything you pick up that sells for more than vendor price.

Transfer to excalibur at your earliest opportunity.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Captain Oblivious posted:

What even the gently caress :psyduck:

If you turn north at exactly 6pm in game time during the weather and sheathe an alagan weapon after defeating all the bosses in the fates, Bahamut Neo appears :cry:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Thumbtacks posted:

So uh.

Does Melusine have shriek, this is important

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

RuanGacho posted:

If you turn north at exactly 6pm in game time during the weather and sheathe an alagan weapon after defeating all the bosses in the fates, Bahamut Neo appears :cry:

realtalk a Bahamut Secundus would own so hard

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
well for starters there's what looks like Atma Weapon flying around for some reason

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
That's goddamn amazing. They're nailing it with this expansion.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

bhsman posted:

I'll tell him this as well. Hopefully he changes his mind and doesn't find a lovely group that wants to rush Castrum and Prae.

Can you run Castrum and Prae as partial groups? Make a partial group, melt everything, let him watch cutscenes.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
What is the best class for soloing stuff at the moment? I want to run through some dungeons solo go get the mapping achievements that I've missed.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheHeadSage posted:

What is the best class for soloing stuff at the moment? I want to run through some dungeons solo go get the mapping achievements that I've missed.

probably warrior, big damage and self heals

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
:siren: SPOILERS HERE :siren:

FATE DESCRIPTION:

"After five millennia offline, Proto Ultima has restored auxiliary power and begun a full systems check. To recharge its main power cells, the Allagan killing machine has deployed several aether collectors guarded by some of the most frightening of the fallen empire's godless creations."

FATE VIDEO: (is still processing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AexXMSHn1y8

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

So uh.

I really hope this is true but this is the first I've heard of this and would have thought this would be all over the place if it's true.

Edit: ^^ well poo poo.

Sendo fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 25, 2015

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

On a maybe related note, I spotted this thing in the Sea of Clouds, up near the entrance to Neverreap:

It's not part of Azys Lla, and it's definitely not the imperial dreadnought. What is it?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Two reasons why it might not be known:

1) For all we know, since this looks like HW's version of Odin, it may have never spawned before now.

2) Even if it did, we haven't had a lot of people in the 60 zone for long, so perhaps whatever condition spawns it may ahve not been met until earlier today.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Thumbtacks posted:

:siren: SPOILERS HERE :siren:

FATE DESCRIPTION:

"After five millennia offline, Proto Ultima has restored auxiliary power and begun a full systems check. To recharge its main power cells, the Allagan killing machine has deployed several aether collectors guarded by some of the most frightening of the fallen empire's godless creations."

FATE VIDEO: (is still processing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AexXMSHn1y8

lmao that FATE name

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Slightly disappointed that it doesn't seem to include any of the mechanics but I guess it would be too easy to troll everyone if it did.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Actually that's a level 59 FATE, so that probably isn't even the Odin fate.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Thumbtacks posted:

Actually that's a level 59 FATE, so that probably isn't even the Odin fate.

I thought Odin was Couerlregina? We managed to pop and kill her a couple of days ago on Sargantanas, and she had an AoE that was 1-shotting just about everyone on the server aside from a few tanks & truly hardcore players.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Niton posted:

I thought Odin was Couerlregina? We managed to pop and kill her a couple of days ago on Sargantanas, and she had an AoE that was 1-shotting just about everyone on the server aside from a few tanks & truly hardcore players.

Oh. That may be correct. Also apparently the Odin FATE scales to like 67 now and is hitting tanks for 47k autos, so that should be fun.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Holy poo poo, Coeurlregina? That's a loving pull.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mi'qittens.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

https://twitter.com/ff14forums_txt/status/613901165684748288

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Thumbtacks posted:

So uh.

Man I was joking in a Hunt group about how hilarious it'd be to have Avatar mechanics in the wild so that an A/S rank would wipe hundreds of people with Allagan Field but this is even better.

Thumbtacks posted:

well for starters there's what looks like Atma Weapon flying around for some reason

If we don't get the Floating Continent/FF6 stuff as the 24 man raid I'm going to be so pissed off.

We're going to get it. Power hungry Emperor and all.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I don't play casters so I can't REALLY answer this question. My friend wants to play something that feels like Fire Mages felt in wow, but I never played one of those. Any ideas/comparisons?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Thumbtacks posted:

I don't play casters so I can't REALLY answer this question. My friend wants to play something that feels like Fire Mages felt in wow, but I never played one of those. Any ideas/comparisons?

Black Mage?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

Black mage, turret of a mage, lots of fire, similar proc based big boom system

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Unsurprisingly, those are both from the exact same post on the OF.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Burn the OF down.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

i would racechange bahamut prime to lolicats so hard

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
I just came here to post that Goring Blade crits on Ravana EX feel very nice on the whole.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Garin posted:

I just came here to post that Goring Blade crits on Ravana EX feel very nice on the whole.

*screenshot of 9k Fire 4 with no cooldowns*

yes, i agree

Bulk Slabhead
Oct 18, 2013
You mean Fell Cleave

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
I'll post about Fell Cleave crits eventually when I hit 60 on warrior since I made a promise to my raid group that if Paladin was poo poo I'd also go warrior.

Right now I'm tugging my shirt collar nervously.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

that 11k Fell Cleave is with like Berserk and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Man I was joking in a Hunt group about how hilarious it'd be to have Avatar mechanics in the wild so that an A/S rank would wipe hundreds of people with Allagan Field but this is even better.

If we don't get the Floating Continent/FF6 stuff as the 24 man raid I'm going to be so pissed off.

We're going to get it. Power hungry Emperor and all.

They name drop Warring Triad like a dozen times. There's no way it doesn't happen :getin:

• Locked thread