Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

God dammit I hadn't been to TFF in a few days and I come back to this. gently caress. I always considered him a GDT bro. One less cool as gently caress person to bullshit with during games now. I'm genuinely upset right now and I'll probably throw a few bucks toward the SPLC this week and pour out a 4Loko. He was so loving young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I hadn't been back here in a couple of days and forgot about this, like it was a bad dream

:smith:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
This is legitimately upsetting, because Wheez was my favorite Seahawk TFF poster :( I remember we exchanged PMs on the day of the 2013 Apple Cup when MV probated him for being too emotional. Although we were UW/WSU rivals, the Seahawks always brought us together.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I've typed and deleted things three times so far and can't seem to put what I want to say into a good post, so I'll just say this is super heartbreaking, I consider you all bros even though I don't participate much in this forum anymore, and we're way too young to be kicking it (even us old folks here). Stay safe bros, and RIP wheez.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Militaires Médecins sans Frontières gets my money for their work in quagmires everywhere. They even provide health services to such third world countries as the USA.

I don't really know what else to say.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

CannonFodder posted:

Militaires Médecins sans Frontières gets my money for their work in quagmires everywhere. They even provide health services to such third world countries as the USA.

Wow. This is awesome.

I'm really proud of and impressed with TFF. You guys rule.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CannonFodder posted:

Bernard Kouchner looks a little smugger than usual.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So is TFF sending anything to his family for that gathering?

I want to chip in for something his family receives that lets them know he had a whole community online who loved his post and being??

If not I will donate to one of the Services set up.

Wasn't sure if anyone was setting anything up.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I think the consensus was that "Sorry for your loss, love, the Internet" was a little weird.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Gotcha. Thanks.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Was wheez the poster who took the Skittles breu toxx a few years back? That was one of my favorite moments here.
wheez owned. Thanks for the memories buddy.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

gently caress Yes.

gently caress.

Yes.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

I love all of you fuckin idiots too. Not as much as I loved Wheez, but you're all pretty ok. So don't go dying on me, ok? Alright, good talk, gently caress off.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Still such a bummer that he's passed. Switched jobs and waiting for cash crunch to end, but plan to donate to SPLC at that time in wheez's honor even if the thread isn't around. pole photo was one of the funniest moments last year.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He was such a passionate and funny guy and he had a way of getting people interested in his life. God bless you guys who are donating in his name, that is a really excellent way of honoring his memory and probably the thing this website does best. Thanks, goons, and my deepest sympathies to his family.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

CannonFodder posted:

This is awesome. You're awesome. Wheez will forever be awesome.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

goddamnit wheez gonna miss you buddy :smith:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

loving hell, that was my birthday. Here I was bitching about turning 30 while wheez will never get there. I fell like such an rear end in a top hat. :smith:

At least the Milwaukee Police Dept. never caught him for his racing sausage thievery.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jun 25, 2015

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

aric's family saw this thread and wanted to send along their thanks to everyone for their generosity and kind words. they also informed me that they have the istombradyacheater.com emails

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Normally a Lurker here and only regged a few years ago, but the GDTs always drew me in.

Immediately, I recognized the passion Wheez had for his teams as you could see or feel it through his posts.
He was the same age as my baby sis is now with their birthdays only a few days apart, I could not imagine if anything were to happen to her.
My condolences to his family and also to our fellow TFF posters.

If the Seahawks win/get to the Super Bowl I say we set up another round of donations in his memory.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
We should all throw 10-20 bucks on the Seahawks to win the Superbowl and if they do we donate all the winnings to SPLC. I don't want them to win but I would be willing to put my money on them for wheez.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Wow. I hadn't posted in or looked at TFF for a little while, and I come back to this. God drat, wheez. :smith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

uh oh pancho! posted:

aric's family saw this thread and wanted to send along their thanks to everyone for their generosity and kind words. they also informed me that they have the istombradyacheater.com emails

:unsmith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

uh oh pancho! posted:

That's so awesome :unsmith:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

uh oh pancho! posted:

:smith:

I'm sure they already know but I'm glad they got to see that wheez was a well liked and cool dude

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

A Man and his dog posted:

So is TFF sending anything to his family for that gathering?

Wasn't sure if anyone was setting anything up.
While it is something most of us would probably roll our eyes at as stupid since the majority of us are unmarried young men (myself included), flowers and stuff like that really are big time in a situation like this.

If anyone knows his family and wants to provide the address I'll send a banquet from the forums with a card. It looks like Anchorage has several flower shops that deliver. Nothing stupid on the card either, just something along the lines of "Although we never met Aric, we will miss him greatly - TFF"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ribsauce posted:

While it is something most of us would probably roll our eyes at as stupid since the majority of us are unmarried young men (myself included), flowers and stuff like that really are big time in a situation like this.

Do people like flowers this far out? We didn't know about this for about a month after all.

I mean hell we all loved him (in an internet way at least), maybe a simple card with donations tallied up? Speaking of I'm no CannonFodder but:

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Grittybeard posted:

Do people like flowers this far out? We didn't know about this for about a month after all.

I mean hell we all loved him (in an internet way at least), maybe a simple card with donations tallied up? Speaking of I'm no CannonFodder but:
I should have been clear, I was planning to order them to be delivered the day of the service (August 29th). That is a good idea on the card. I will total the donations and put the information in there with a short message. I would imagine it would be appreciated.

If you guys object I'll bail on the idea, otherwise I will post some arrangements as the date gets closer and we can pick one.

PS I'm not going to ask anyone to chip in. Keep donating to the charities.

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 26, 2015

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

bye wheez :(

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I think that is a nice idea Ribsauce. Just my take though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i agree. wheez was also a fairly regular poster in the dnd chat thread and i posted about everything there, so i'll make sure any donations made there are added to the tally.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

to me, wheez was the wazzu fan that wazzu fans want to be when they grow up.

this is bullshit all around, guys. :(

y'all take care of yourselves.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ribsauce posted:

I should have been clear, I was planning to order them to be delivered the day of the service (August 29th). That is a good idea on the card. I will total the donations and put the information in there with a short message. I would imagine it would be appreciated.

Oh I didn't know the service was that far away, in that case then yes it's a great idea unless the family requests something else.

Scheduling August 29th as a 4loko day....or at least a red bull & vodka day since that's more my drinking generation.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I'll be adding to the total when I get my bonus next month.

RIP Wheez

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
He made good posts

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I will contact local flower shops up there the beginning of August and request a Wazzu themed arrangement.

I am contacting the charities to see if they would like to include a card as well. I am not sure how that works but hopefully they can send a note about the donations received in Aric's name. I know in the past I have donated to a charity in memory of someone and they sent me a note of appreciation so I imagine they can get a card to the flower shop.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Oh, man. He truly was the best of us. I'll dedicate everytime I watch the Beastquake Run to you, wheez.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ribsauce posted:

I will contact local flower shops up there the beginning of August and request a Wazzu themed arrangement.

I am contacting the charities to see if they would like to include a card as well. I am not sure how that works but hopefully they can send a note about the donations received in Aric's name. I know in the past I have donated to a charity in memory of someone and they sent me a note of appreciation so I imagine they can get a card to the flower shop.

this is a Good Look

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I did not know wheez but his posts always made me laugh. And his fried chicken recipe is something I make all the time now (that brine yo). I am poor and unemployed. Would anyone care to match me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Wheez would be happy that all of the gays can now gay marry, drinking a mango loko during my time between work shifts. Bless your heart Wheez

• Locked thread