Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
I was 7-1 Wargaming!! My 88% win rate! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

When am I losing my awesome boats and stuck with less awesome boats. Soon?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Tomorrow.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Wait is there still time to get my 4 games in?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Maybe? servers don't go down until tomorrow early morning.

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

tater_salad posted:

Wait is there still time to get my 4 games in?

"The cut-off date and time for playing battles in order to get the specified rewards is June 23 at 23:59 Pacific Time."
http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/transition-cbt-obt/

On NA, supposedly not, but who knows? Every news post has at least one error on it somewhere, it's just a matter of finding them.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Can't wait to torp a whole new generation of teammates.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Will there be a wipe between launch and OBT?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I am confused. From what I read 0.4.0 isn't OBT, it's 'common test' whatever that means. Also there's no word on if any progress made between 0.4.0 and OBT will be wiped. Anyone know?

e: Apparently it's 'head start'? http://forum.worldofwarships.com/in...154#entry888154

Aesis fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 24, 2015

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

From my reading, this is the last wipe. Open beta will start a few days after 0.4.0 release/wipe.

Obviously, you get all your gold/premium stuff back at the wipe.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
They did the same thing after alpha, the closed beta version ran for a week or so but only alpha players could log in.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
In this day and age, doesn't open beta just mean "release"

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

SERPUS posted:

In this day and age, doesn't open beta just mean "release"
It means release but with sycophants having an easy excuse if you tell them the game sucks

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
That's basically what they did with closed beta too, except the only ways to get in (if you weren't already) were watching hype streams nonstop or buying in to an alleged beta.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
So unified premium accounts, but not gold right?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

cheese posted:

Unified premium days, unified gold, not unified credits, not unififed free xp

So any tanks gold you have sitting around can buy stuff in botes and planes, etc

texasmed
May 27, 2004

cheese posted:

I'm interested in hearing this, because at some point I heard that I might be able to use my WoT gold on WoWS. The WoWS bucks themselves do seem to be game-locked, though.

edit: beaten with the answer, thanks. Cool.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

If you look in the premium store, you can see gold + credit packages that say "only for tanks" or "only for warplanes" or "only for warships", and that's where some of the confusion comes from - the gold in the packs is shared across the accounts, but the credits will go into the particular game only

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Gotcha, thanks.

Also, drat the Murmansk owns bones. Its really fun and the 8km 2x3 torp launchers are hilariously good at level 5. Just had a great game that I capped off by rushing an enemy Colorado, firing one side of my torps at him from 4km, then going hard to starboard and firing off the other side. :byewhore:

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

WayAbvPar posted:

New thread? With a new OP that links to sekrit PGS tips on how to not suck poo poo? I am terrible and need hand holding. TIA.

Don't fear, Uncle Jingles made a video just for people like you! :buddy:

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
I sank a pubbie destroyer with Hatsuharu torpedoes from less than a kilometer away. I was rewarded with that pubbie whining about bullshit destroyer camo. I was spotted the whole time and there wasn't even smoke near me. :allears:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

James Garfield posted:

I sank a pubbie destroyer with Hatsuharu torpedoes from less than a kilometer away. I was rewarded with that pubbie whining about bullshit destroyer camo. I was spotted the whole time and there wasn't even smoke near me. :allears:
Pubbie destroyer whining about destroyer camo? :stare:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Well, I've only played a few more matches recently, but I'm very happy seeing BBs everywhere. It makes it easier playing a DD. Hopefully that stays the trend, because I hate having matches where half my team are DDs and the enemy team is chock full of US CAs ready to blow us out of the water with a single volley.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Hazdoc posted:

Well, I've only played a few more matches recently, but I'm very happy seeing BBs everywhere. It makes it easier playing a DD. Hopefully that stays the trend, because I hate having matches where half my team are DDs and the enemy team is chock full of US CAs ready to blow us out of the water with a single volley.

The Cleveland is a beast but I think I fear the Japanese CA's more. Those 203mm's are like railguns.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

NTRabbit posted:

Unified premium days, unified gold, not unified credits, not unififed free xp

So any tanks gold you have sitting around can buy stuff in botes and planes, etc

I'm going to buy 2 of everything, have it all gold plated, and lord it over all the poor peasants.

Of course I'm not going to tell them my piles of money came from having no life and spending way too much time driving tanks.

If I could somehow sell off all my gold consumables in tanks (for gold) I'd probably be a damned millionaire.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
So the dregs of society who bought the Humble Bundle get their 1000 spacebucks back too?

Also, in order to research the next ship do you have to play the ship that precedes it exclusively?

Really want that Cleveland but I'm kinda burnt out on the Omaha after playing the poo poo out of the Murmansk :(

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
So they're removing the Kiti, but what are they replacing it with - or is it going to just be unpurchaseable?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Innerguard posted:

So they're removing the Kiti, but what are they replacing it with - or is it going to just be unpurchaseable?

The tier 8 Atago (its basically a Myoko with a slower RoF and torpedo launchers that have a 45 degree angle launch aim, aka you can fire them without having to totally show your broadside). It looks really solid.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I'm going to miss the Des Moines. That is an awesome ship.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

MoraleHazard posted:

I'm going to miss the Des Moines. That is an awesome ship.

Wait what? there getting rid of the des moines?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Crash74 posted:

Wait what? there getting rid of the des moines?
Probably means he'll need to grind again. Patch note didn't say anything about removing DM.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

cheese posted:

The tier 8 Atago (its basically a Myoko with a slower RoF and torpedo launchers that have a 45 degree angle launch aim, aka you can fire them without having to totally show your broadside). It looks really solid.

Played it during the common test. It felt a lot better than the Myoko.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Why the Atago and not Takao? Or is it just wargaming being wargaming?

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

ughhh patch this poo poo already I want to botes but don't want any further progress to be meaningless :f5: :saddowns:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

maniacripper posted:

So the dregs of society who bought the Humble Bundle get their 1000 spacebucks back too?

If spending a buck to get a Murmansk makes me dregs, so be it :colbert: (also yes)

quote:

Also, in order to research the next ship do you have to play the ship that precedes it exclusively?

You do accrue freexp in small amounts from every battle which can be used on anything for any ship, but otherwise yes

quote:

Really want that Cleveland but I'm kinda burnt out on the Omaha after playing the poo poo out of the Murmansk :(

Everything goes faster in divisions. Tier 5 should take hardly any time at all.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Largepotato posted:

Why the Atago and not Takao? Or is it just wargaming being wargaming?

Wargaming being wargaming, a bunch of ships have changed class names over beta. In this instance it's because, even though the class was called Takao, the Atago was commissioned first.

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Just tried out botes. Trip report: It is fun and cool, but I have not figured out all the buttans yet. How do you stop a fire? With 'R' for repairs? Or is that a separate thing?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

RennZero posted:

Just tried out botes. Trip report: It is fun and cool, but I have not figured out all the buttans yet. How do you stop a fire? With 'R' for repairs? Or is that a separate thing?

R for repairs stops fires and flooding, and instantly repairs damaged (but not destroyed) systems like turrets, rudder, torpedoes, etc

If you catch on fire while repairs are on cooldown, you have to wait for your seamen to stop the burning on their own

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
So I'm guessing the actual wipe for open beta is today? Gonna have to botes later if it goes down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Patching right now! :)