Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Zeitgueist posted:

lol just read somewhere that the co2 footprint of bitcoin mining is calculated to be as much as literally the nation of ireland

Truly currency for the new millenium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
man the ending to the cronenberg episode of rick and morty is simply beautiful

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

still cant get over that jim webb said the confederate flag "has been wrongly used for racist and other purposes in recent decades"

what a fuckin idiot lmao

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
what is the most beautiful spoken language in your opinion. i say mandarin though i assume no one agrees

edit: nihongo s close second

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
goddamn weeaboo

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Disinterested posted:

goddamn weeaboo

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Disinterested posted:

goddamn weeaboo

Imma OG weeaboo gently caress these weak rear end mother fuckers in adtrw they ain't poo poo they stop at watching anime

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
It's nice flying when you can actually afford to pay for WiFi and unlimited booze and most importantly leg room. Maybe society is progressing after all???

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
I love my mom. All the things I think and have to say are poo poo but I love my mom her political opinions are charming.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i need to up my post count in the thread. someone post something we can fight about by the time i get home

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Jagchosis posted:

what is the most beautiful spoken language in your opinion. i say mandarin though i assume no one agrees

cajun

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Knockknees posted:

I love my mom. All the things I think and have to say are poo poo but I love my mom her political opinions are charming.

I find my aunt's racist political leanings quaint.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Jagchosis posted:

Mandarin sounds cool but not in a pretty way imho, and lol @ 日本文 being a pretty language

Swahili sounds awesome tbh

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
I like languages that have a power of compression so Mandarin and Japanese are good there, also Latin, Greek, and German, but I think German has unfortunate phonic qualities.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I don't know about pretty but German is pleasant. I should pick it up again.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

German is a fun language to speak.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
ich bein wiener

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed

Gravel Gravy posted:

I find my aunt's racist political leanings quaint.

Sorry about your racist aunt. My mom is not racist.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

german is ugly as hell what the gently caress guys

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
What is beauty

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

joeburz posted:

still cant get over that jim webb said the confederate flag "has been wrongly used for racist and other purposes in recent decades"

what a fuckin idiot lmao

Up until the mid 1900s, the confederate flag symbolized nothing. I'm sure the south were still looking back on their confederate heroes with starry eyes, but nobody really used the flag for anything. Then segregation came about and people started getting pissed off about race mixing and niggers going to the same school as my little Johnny, and the war flag of a revolt that died 100 years ago suddenly came to prominence at protests, used by advocates of white supremacy. It has no modern use today outside of the fight against equality for blacks, and rightfully should have been left trampled in the dust of history where confederate soldiers had dropped it in their hurry to flee. A Good Opinion, Joe Webb.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

joeburz posted:

what a fuckin idiot lmao

i mean considering that the confederate flag didn't go up on the sc statehouse until the 60s as a direct reaction to the civil rights movement he's not completely off base

it's just that wasn't exactly an innovation. so yeah lol

also wow wesley morris on grantland went hard on ted 2

The Warszawa fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 25, 2015

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Who in the gently caress thinks German is a beautiful language? It's fun to speak because no matter the tone, it instantly makes you sound terrifying.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Knockknees posted:

What is beauty

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Volkerball posted:

Up until the mid 1900s, the confederate flag symbolized nothing. I'm sure the south were still looking back on their confederate heroes with starry eyes, but nobody really used the flag for anything. Then segregation came about and people started getting pissed off about race mixing and niggers going to the same school as my little Johnny, and the war flag of a revolt that died 100 years ago suddenly came to prominence at protests, used by advocates of white supremacy. It has no modern use today outside of the fight against equality for blacks, and rightfully should have been left trampled in the dust of history where confederate soldiers had dropped it in their hurry to flee. A Good Opinion, Joe Webb.

his opinion implies there is a nonracist application of the confederate flag, which is more bullshit HERITAGE NOT HATE

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

joeburz posted:

his opinion implies there is a nonracist application of the confederate flag, which is more bullshit HERITAGE NOT HATE

well there are several

fuel, for example

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

zoux posted:

oh man super funny spot on everyones gonna laugh

*crickets*

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Volkerball posted:

Who in the gently caress thinks German is a beautiful language? It's fun to speak because no matter the tone, it instantly makes you sound terrifying.

"Kindergarten"--hmm yes I'm quaking with fear

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

joeburz posted:

I can think of one, kindling.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

V. Illych L. posted:

well there are several

fuel, for example

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
who's ready to go hard

scotus hard

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

Rabbit season!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Gravel Gravy posted:

I can think of one, kindling.

ha owned

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

im glad the national conversation on race following the shooting of nine black people in a church is completely over, despite me getting yelled at by all of uspol that this was just the beginning

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

zoux posted:

im glad the national conversation on race following the shooting of nine black people in a church is completely over, despite me getting yelled at by all of uspol that this was just the beginning

shut up and get your stupid loving poo poo out of here

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

zoux posted:

be the change you want to see in the world

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chantilly Say posted:

"Kindergarten"--hmm yes I'm quaking with fear

On your kids first day of school, scream kindergarten in your best "bring in the clone!" voice and I guarantee your kids will kick and claw and scream rather than go to that rape camp or whatever.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

V. Illych L. posted:

be the change you want to see in the world

it's the nail that stands up that gets hammered down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

need a bandaid for that heart?

• Locked thread