Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

it's the nail that stands up that gets hammered down

So the nail ends up fulfilling it's purpose and helps to hold everything together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mostly im disappointed because i thought we might actually be able to focus on how racist right wing rhetoric is radicalizing terrorists but i guess ill take nothing in stead

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

zoux posted:

im glad the national conversation on race following the shooting of nine black people in a church is completely over, despite me getting yelled at by all of uspol that this was just the beginning

your attempts to always see the big picture are pretentious as hell and i know you are trolling but i think you really believe yourself to be smarter then everyone else lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i quite obviously am

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I too recall how Malcom in MitM was super smart and everyone liked him and never disliked him for being an insufferable twat.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

it's the nail that stands up that gets hammered down

It's that nail that people remember though. Look at Caro. He probably changed how the tsa and the government look at mental health and no fly lists, and made change in unprepared policies. What have you done in your poo poo of a life zoux?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reasonableness? Big picture outlook? What a troll.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

V. Illych L. posted:

german is ugly as hell what the gently caress guys

I said pleasant, not pretty

Don't you speak norsk?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Gun rights were not going to change from this, and we all know it. if this gets the loving racist symbol of slavery and death taken down from a bunch of state buildings and helps black people have that tiny improvement in their lives, thats at least something.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Chantilly Say posted:

Don't you speak norsk?

You don't speak norse without a guitar as I understand it

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

V. Illych L. posted:

be the change you want to see in the world

lol that zoux wants change let alone to be it

the man is terrified of fax machines and modern medicine

zoux posted:

jfc

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Gravel Gravy posted:

I too recall how Malcom in MitM was super smart and everyone liked him and never disliked him for being an insufferable twat.

who's forums Reese in this fanfic

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What language does Iceland speak? Their Eurovision entries are always jackhammering away in some clunky rear end Norse gibberish.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

The Warszawa posted:

lol that zoux wants change let alone to be it

the man is terrified of fax machines and modern medicine

jfc

Chantilly Say posted:

who's forums Reese in this fanfic

I'm going to say MIGF.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volkerball posted:

What language does Iceland speak? Their Eurovision entries are always jackhammering away in some clunky rear end Norse gibberish.

I think it's called Bjork

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Volkerball posted:

icelandic

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

zoux posted:

Thread reminder, Zoux likes to go on racist screeds about athletes

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Gravel Gravy posted:

key difference: malcolm actually was smart

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

The Warszawa posted:

key difference: malcolm actually was smart

and likable

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Volkerball posted:

the scandi equivalent to west virginia mountain talk, basically

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Chantilly Say posted:

Don't you speak norsk?

not only that i speak the officially voted most irritating dialect of it

Volkerball posted:

:catstare:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
hmm yes, that reminds me that bjork and anyone who likes her should be publicly executed for the progress of mankind

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

bjork is like 50 years old now

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Volkerball posted:

hmm yes, that reminds me that bjork and anyone who likes her should be publicly executed for the progress of mankind

nah gently caress you

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

bjork is like 50 years old now

still would

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

V. Illych L. posted:

german is ugly as hell what the gently caress guys

It has its moments, but maybe not spoken. There are some things that a German word seems to encapsulate so perfectly because of its creative compound structure, like Greek. And I think it has its poetic moments when sung, as well. There's something very beautiful and very specifically German about the setting of Goethe in Mahler's 8th, for example.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Disinterested posted:

It has its moments, but maybe not spoken. There are some things that a German word seems to encapsulate so perfectly because of its creative compound structure, like Greek. And I think it has its poetic moments when sung, as well. There's something very beautiful and very specifically German about the setting of Goethe in Mahler's 8th, for example.

:jerkbag:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volkerball posted:

My music stuff keeps recommending her to me based on what I like. I tried getting into it but its...not my thing.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

My music stuff keeps recommending her to me based on what I like. I tried getting into it but its...not my thing.

apparently, it is.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Disinterested posted:

gently caress off cocksbridge

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Spaceman Future! posted:

Thread reminder, Zoux likes to go on racist screeds about athletes

that was such a transparent troll.

i will give zoux credit in that he is good at just toeing the line where d&d will not just degenerate into name calling while saying things that are jusssst not racist/sexist/homophobic/whatever to piss everyone off.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

icelandic is the largest of the surviving west-norse languages after old norwegian died out during the danish rule. now it's icelandic and faroese and, i'm told, an obscure language spoken by like five old people on one of the scottish isles holding down the fort

it's one of the closest surviving approximations of how the vikings spoke, and use an updated & latinised norse alphabet

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
this might legitimately be the worst song ever written. it's aggressively terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLCFRo1GlEI

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

The Warszawa posted:

gently caress off cocksbridge

Ja ja gently caress you both.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Disinterested posted:

this is such a british post holy hell

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Spaceman Future! posted:

apparently, it is.

AHHHHHHH SEEEYOO FEEEEEEEEEL LOOOOOVING SSIIIIINAAAAAAAAAA

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

this is such a british post holy hell

I was just listening to radio 4, it happens naturally.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

that was such a transparent troll.

i will give zoux credit in that he is good at just toeing the line where d&d will not just degenerate into name calling while saying things that are jusssst not racist/sexist/homophobic/whatever to piss everyone off.

yeah but so is this today, trying to bounce between arbiter of race and clueless well meaning racist may be first world as gently caress but its also incredibly tiring.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
distilled disinterested: "what's oxbridge about saying hello?????"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i mean, i can appreciate german grammar for making it possible to do neat things and bake interesting nuances with only small article changes

but it's not pretty, come on

• Locked thread