Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

probably something to do with the steam authentication servers loving up as they are wont to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I have no idea why both Bohemia And Austria are both my best mate despite being bitter rivals.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How does the AI diplo vassal so fast? I 've seen sweden and Muscovy now take massive swathes of land in less than a yea, from time of vassalisation to complete annexationr. First Sweden diplo vassaled novgorod and then annexed them a few months later and just now Muscovy did it with Circassia.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just watched Circassia get diplo annexed by muscovy in the time it took for me to fab a claim on Zaporozhye, even though they were both released at the same time and I began the claim fab (with influence ideas lmfao) immediately.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got KoldPT confused with Yolomancer. Sorry.

I got Muscovy to 25% integrated during a war with Ottomans, but forgot to claim one province in Crimea so it was going to cost 10 diplo power. Meanwhile I have like 9 diplo rep from my idea sets and being in HRE so I had to cancel it to get enough points to get Crimea and start again. At least I got Kazan to break alliance with Ottomans and the truce is short as heck. Hell, they have no allies now and their dirty muzzies. Might as well truce break for it.

Holy poo poo that Power Projection.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Yolomancer posted:

Anyway here's the last screenshot I took before the game was over. I did it, please believe me.

Nice Ragusa.

Larry Parrish posted:

Beating up the Ottomans is basically the best way to get to 100 power projection for ever & ever, if you can pull it off.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

Nice Ragusa.

Beating up the Ottomans is basically the best way to get to 100 power projection for ever & ever, if you can pull it off.

I usually avoid the Ottomans as much as I can when I play. I don't have to really think to beat them in a war. It's just playing 'dodge the big stacks, kill the smaller ones/snipe forts and fleets' or 'block the Bosporus and make sure they don't have land access and win automatically'. I don't find it fun at all. France and England and Russia are way more fun to fight, IMO.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PleasingFungus posted:

Nice Ragusa.

I had just started carving them up; Serbia was my vassal. Before that they had all that territory and more.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I got KoldPT confused with Yolomancer. Sorry.

I got Muscovy to 25% integrated during a war with Ottomans, but forgot to claim one province in Crimea so it was going to cost 10 diplo power. Meanwhile I have like 9 diplo rep from my idea sets and being in HRE so I had to cancel it to get enough points to get Crimea and start again. At least I got Kazan to break alliance with Ottomans and the truce is short as heck. Hell, they have no allies now and their dirty muzzies. Might as well truce break for it.

69 lol

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

69.50 is the sex number for a new generation.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
*At a TED Talk, hands folded*
"69."
*crowd nods with understanding*
"69. Point *69.5 comes up on screen* five."
*crowd gives a standing ovation, I bow and walk off stage*

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got the achievement and converted to Protestant to get the 3 reforms achievement and Goose Step one but thanks to the million cultures I have with cores that'll never go away because gently caress converting ~1500 development of provinces, I'm probably going to be drowning in rebels for like 20 years.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Decided to start a new game as Sweden. Teutonic Order and Novgorod were both supporting my independence, before Denmark declared a war, putting them both on the enemy side, causing them to drop it. I break free about 10-15 years after the game start by building way past naval forcelimits, allowing me to sink the Danish navy, with the help of the Livonian Order, while Denmark is distracted in Novgorod. I start fabricating claims all over Norway in preparation for the truce ending. Six months before the truce ends, my monarch dies, leaving me with a three year old heir. So now I get to wait another 15 years before I can do anything. Sometimes the game just shits on you.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yolomancer posted:

Decided to start a new game as Sweden. Teutonic Order and Novgorod were both supporting my independence, before Denmark declared a war, putting them both on the enemy side, causing them to drop it. I break free about 10-15 years after the game start by building way past naval forcelimits, allowing me to sink the Danish navy, with the help of the Livonian Order, while Denmark is distracted in Novgorod. I start fabricating claims all over Norway in preparation for the truce ending. Six months before the truce ends, my monarch dies, leaving me with a three year old heir. So now I get to wait another 15 years before I can do anything. Sometimes the game just shits on you.

It really pisses me off how much a lot of starts depend on luck. Like England can either be godlike or an irrelevant piece of poo poo for 20 years straight depending on the RNG.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

playin a game as attyah... attayah fuckit im playing a game as thailand, in a defensive war with ming. Any good way to make an ally peace out early? if Hsing wasnt "helping me" there i could force ming and lan xing into having to siege down scorched jungle provinces thus wrecking mings manpower and letting me humiliate them.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Larry Parrish posted:

It really pisses me off how much a lot of starts depend on luck. Like England can either be godlike or an irrelevant piece of poo poo for 20 years straight depending on the RNG.

Lol, yeah. And the poo poo keeps piling on. Look at this loving map. Just look at it.

While I was trapped in truce Pomerania got a bunch of land off Denmark, including my cores + claims. And they're allied with Lithuania, who is also my ally, but they're also part of the empire so Austria will protect them, so now I gotta loving fight them both for my cores. Goddamnit.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wasn't so bad after all. Was able to park my army on Skane after sieging all their provinces and then blocked the straits with my navy. Waited until warscore ticked up enough and got everything but Skane.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Theodoro

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theodoro and The Knights, Cyprus, ETC are some of the most ridiculously annoying starts you can possibly play.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

man Dutch events are insane. i particularly like the one where you get a personal union casus belli on great britain, lol.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm early 12th c., my first successful Restore the Roman Empire game in CK2. when are the turks supposed to show up? they should've arrived some time in the 10th or 11th, but nothing happened. The Abbasids are still really strong and currently whooping it up in north-central India, does that stop the turkish migrations somehow?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You don;t get to be proud of restoring Rome if you start the game when they're a big blob. Fail.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Did the seljuk event trigger?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You don;t get to be proud of restoring Rome if you start the game when they're a big blob. Fail.

i'm savescumming too deal w/ it. trash gaming

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Did the seljuk event trigger?

no, and I've seen the event before. could it still trigger later on? a bunch of compound migrations to round out the mongol era would be cool

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I think if Seljuk just dies or converts without doing his event invasion then turks never invade.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zeal posted:

no, and I've seen the event before. could it still trigger later on? a bunch of compound migrations to round out the mongol era would be cool

Mods?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zeal posted:

The Games thread is where you belong, bitch.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!

zeal posted:

it only triggers if seljuk is not infirm, blind, a eunuch, or a king. Doesn't matter what religion he is, the event converts him to Sunni. There's about 10 years time in which that can all happen

e: i accidentally left the game running when i went to make breakfast and ruined a good brandenburg game lmao. tempted to see if I can rescue it, except I'm like 10 years behind on tech

MindSet fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 25, 2015

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I'm gonna try to do Holland -> Netherlands... It should be easier than before but also potentially harder now that Burgundy occasionally hulks out and eats half of France.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
finally, unique ideas for orleans.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're hosed in the head if you don't like patches that add more unique NIs. That said when the gently caress is North Africa going to get some. Berber ideas are terrible.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

dunno if i should ask here but are attilla or napoleon total war good because they are on sale and im gonna try them on free weekend

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i hear napoleon is good by total war standards esp the peninsular campaign

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmfao loving luxembourg gets unique ideas but not colonial south america

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

You're hosed in the head if you don't like patches that add more unique NIs. That said when the gently caress is North Africa going to get some. Berber ideas are terrible.

tbh I just assumed they'd make plutonis mad, which makes me happy.

bonus: the barbarous baluchistaners get a bonus to looting speed. looting is cool.....

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

tbh I just assumed they'd make plutonis mad, which makes me happy.

bonus: the barbarous baluchistaners get a bonus to looting speed. looting is cool.....

They gave Berber Ideas looting speed also but it's like 6 ideas deep lol.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Bel Monte posted:

The problem for HOI for me, as it always has been, is that there's no room to grow in power and feel like you're being awesome without war.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

to be fair a mapgame that rewards soft power instead of hard power would be a cool idea since there are precedents but lol if you want that on a loving ww2 sim

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't understand why this game about a war involving almost every major country in the world characterized by people just straight up slugging it out for territory doesn't reward not slugging it out for territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey guys just came into the thread, I noticed EU4 doesn't reward you for staying an OPM for centuries? WTF?